[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people cut /b/?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0883.jpg (129KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0883.jpg
129KB, 722x1280px
Why do people cut /b/?
>>
to recreate the pain of their initial suffering
>>
Attention.
>>
>>726740369
most of them put it in places that cant be seen
>>
>>726740275
I don't know why they do it.

But if you ever see scars on a girl's arm, I garentee you, she will fuck you.

She will suck your dick. Just ask. Be flirty and nice.

Happens every time.
>>
As a emotional fuck. I used to cut. It was stupid but it kinda gave a way to distract myself from the emotional pain by replacing it with physical pain
>>
for teh lulz
>>
>>726740443
Yet make sure their peers know about it.
>>
>>726740275
Personally, it's a coping mechanism. When the emotional pain becomes too much to bear it provides a distraction. From the initial sting of the cut to the throbbing pain afterwards and the visual stimulus of the blood; your mind automatically shifts focus from the eotional pain to the physical pain. For a few seconds, maybe even a minute, all that noise in your head just goes away.
>>
>>726740443
Only to send pics of it to someone
>>
it helps
>>
Your body reacts to the pain by releasing a cocktail of feel-good chemicals.
>>
>>726740275
cuz theyre faggots
>>
to be edgy and emo
>>
>>726740712
/thread
>>
>>726740275
Because their bloodlines are weak.
>>
File: 1428466590476.png (78KB, 295x289px) Image search: [Google]
1428466590476.png
78KB, 295x289px
>>726740673
cutting came way before sending smart phone pictures lol

>>726740651
Thats what most people do with anything they do
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMKnsAf4-n4
>>
>>726740275
Severe depression or ptsd can create situations or cycles where you are overwhelmed with negative thoughts that seem oppressive. Sharp pain can break you out of that effect where one might of otherwise just killed themselves by giving you a sensation that requires focus.

I never cut but I would often bite my finger to break me out of extremely bad times before I got a medical marijuana card to medicate myself when I was having bad symptoms.
>>
>>726740846
Exactly, so when the response was "attention" and some idiot said "most of them put it in places that cant be seen", it doesn't change the fact that it is for attention since they manage to let all their peers know anyway. Follow along you dolt.
>>
>>726740275
I only realised why when i started, to take my mind of current stresses with work. Like stubbing your toe it gives you that moment of distraction from daily stress.

I do it on my upper thigh so few people will see it. Any one finding out about it would just be embarrassing.
>>
i do it bc i like the way it feels, and am probably really fucked up internally
other than that you would never know bc i look like a regular normal guy who wears flannels all the time
when i go home w my friends they see my arm my razor and blood rags on the table yet nobody has said one word to me about it.
>>
Cutters, thumbsuckers, and bedwetters... all your same basic group.
>>
>>726740275
Because it's hot
>>
>>726741691
Says a cutter, LOL
>>
Try and scan it
>>
>>726741946
bpd? former cut-fag here
>>
>>726742057
Assuming BiPolar Disorder, but that poster is full of shit.
>>
>>726740275
How would one cut /b/?
>>
>>726740275
because we're cry babies
>>
>>726742113
BPD usually means borderline personality disorder
>>
>>726742149
You begin with an IQ under 70
>>
I can't speak for everyone but most of the time they are going through a tough time in life or have depression. It causes them to feel like they are emotionally numb. So they cut to cause physical pain so they can have so type of emotional reaction to it. Unfortunately your body releases some kind of reaction when you are in pain to make it feel better and people become addicted to this feeling which makes it harder to quit. Most don't like doing it but become addicted to the sense of relief it provides and when that relief passes, they do it again. Which causes the addiction.
>>
>>726740584
kek
>>
>>726740520
you know, it's shocking how true this is. In my experience, anyway, he's completely right.
>>
>>726740275
Because it relaxes, it provides an amazing high.
Whenever I have chaos going on in my mind, inflicting pain to myself provides focus and just calms me down.
I can't even really explain it.
But when I cut, I cut in places no one sees. The scars are something intimate, they show my weakest moments, that is nothing I share with strangers.
Plus it doesn't need to be cutting. Biting my cheeks or pressing ice against my skin helps too.
>>
Its mostly because of attention and about being cool. There is no sense in cutting like, most girls on internet cut because their rich parents give them enough attention and love.
Least people who cut have to deal with real mental suffering.
>>
>>726740275
They cut for Justin Beaver.
>>
>>726740275
Because the release of endorphines feels incredible and helps relieve stress for a brief amount of time. It's like being addicted to drugs that your body makes itself in my experience
>>
>>726740275
One year ago I was taking a wooden rod and beating my legs til brused, I always wear pants so no one else knew. I was in a very lone and dark place.
>>
I cut when i feel like i need to "let something out".
Sometimes i just have this weird feeling that i dont know how to describe, the feeling that i need to get rid of something inside.
Screaming wont work. Crying wont work. Talking about it makes it worse.
Opening your body more than you should be actually able to, helps me a lot to handle that feeling.
>>
When I was in the darkest depths of my depression I stuck the oven onto high, and made as tight a seal as I could around my head.

If my flatmate hadn't came home when he did I'd be brown bread.

You sideways slicing little attention whores legitimately make me sick. Do the world a favour and cut your necks rather than your wrists next time. Pretty sure you'll be the edgiest teen in class once you open your carotid.

Fucking dies, you wastes of oxygen, feeding on the care that others actually need.
>>
>>726740520
:(
>>
>>726743138
cutting is just a way to get people to care about you, for people who don't know any other way. like you apparently. you're jealous of people who hurt themselves to get people to notice them... talk to a therapist bro
>>
>>726743344
get the fuck out of here with your borderline shit. That's the worst mental illness out there, and society shouldn't be expected to deal with that shit
>>
>>726740275
I really want to lick that.
>>
>>726740275
cause they're edgy
>>
File: 1490236440716.jpg (11KB, 200x232px) Image search: [Google]
1490236440716.jpg
11KB, 200x232px
I remember being like 13 and cutting for the first time. It was so exhilerating. I remember being through a grungy phase and my whole family thought I was depressed. this was an easy explanation so I went with it and went to years of wasted therapy where all I did was talk about movies.
The truth is I did it masochisticaly. I've always wanted to do it again but scars are embarrasing and difficult to explain.
>>
Those aren't cuts.. Those are scratches. People who do like the picture are looking for attention, not pain to feel in a body that's numb, nor a desire to die.
>>
>>726740275
Why do people cut the wrong way!
>>
>>726743344
yeah, they have brain problems. we know

that's why they either smarten up or be edgy emo fags until they OD or go missing
>>
>>726740275
The pain makes me feel alive
>>
>>726743876
cause they want attention on some social network or something
>>
>>726743591
Yep, you're spot on. Legitimate suicide attempts and people crying for someone to look at them are.exactly the same thing. Guessing you're the same self rightous cunt from the above post?

Fuck off back to tumblr please
>>
File: 1487361701712.jpg (25KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487361701712.jpg
25KB, 640x640px
>>726740275
Simple

Pic related
>>
>>726741209
actually I bet you you have at least one friend that cuts and you don't even notice anything wrong with them fag ...
I know my friends have one .
>>
>>726740663
I've never cut myself, but I know a few people who have and your explanation makes sense. The endorphins released distract them from emotional pain.
>>
>>726740275
My gf cuts herself so I can drink her blood.
>>
Lol cutting.
I used to give myself electro shocks, get on my level.
Hurts way worse and leaves no scars. Might also kill you if you're lucky/unlucky.
>>
Former cutter fag here. I have over a hundred scars on both of my arms and will openly admit the only reason I did it was for attention from my (now ex) girlfriend. I used it as a form of manipulation to convince her to come over or so she'd feel resent towards herself for upsetting mr me. Basically cutting is for pussies and should not be justified.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.