[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice /b/. Been going out with a hottie Texan for

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: 1474890229525.jpg (178KB, 535x625px) Image search: [Google]
1474890229525.jpg
178KB, 535x625px
I need some advice /b/.

Been going out with a hottie Texan for the past 4 months or so. She's practically vegan, and very strict about eating healthy, and I'm sure as shit not interested.
I'm not overweight, not in bad health and I don't think my diet is doing me any harm. She also strikes me as a little manipulative and bossy sometimes. She's cute and hot af.
Two weeks ago her father passed away and obviously she's very emotional and even more concerned about her health and diet and tries to enforce it on me.
I really like her, and if it only wasnt to her so god damn strict diet it would be absolutely perfect. I love eating, I love the idea of eating, I love eating bad shit (moderately) and I don't ever want to be restricted from it.
She even rations out a serving of Beef Jerky she bought me because she sais its unhealthy.
She's so blunt about enforcing her dietery needs on others too, and spouting out in the first five fucking seconds of her talking to a new person, that sugar causes cancer. What the shit. For instance, we're having dinner with my parents today, and she sais she won't eat anything on the table because its either fried, has meat in it or carbs.
What do?
tl;dr - Health conscious gf is extreme as fuck and its starting to piss my omnivorous ass right off.
>>
run fast
>>
File: 1474889252339.jpg (111KB, 460x522px) Image search: [Google]
1474889252339.jpg
111KB, 460x522px
Come on /b/ I have faith in you
>>
>>726695838
If it wasn't for that green card... (non US resident btw)
>>
>>726695578
Hey man, she might be hot and all but... if you're seriously considering a relationship with this girl. They say that if you're having problems like this before you guys get committed... that's a sign that if you do get committed then these problems will only be exacerbated. This issue seems to be a huge lifestyle difference. If you really want to be with this girl, think about your future together. Will you want your kids being restricted to a vegan diet only, or do you want for them the culinary freedom they deserve? This is a decision you must make alone.
>>
>>726696025
But how long do I keep pushing it? She's really into it, all the way, and her father just passed away not a month ago. I can't break it off now I think it'll ruin her... Do I lay the foundations of me cutting it off? should I start being more distant?
>>
>>726696159
Man. Sometimes a man's gotta ghost. When a man has to ghost he's got to ghost. But honestly the best way to deal with this is straight up dude. If at this point you are with her just because her father recently passed away, then you're leading her on. Straight up you should tell her how you feel in a constructive and peaceful way. "Hey it feels like you are imposing your dietary restrictions on me, you are controlling me and I can't take it any more. If we can't fix this issue, I'm sorry but- I don't think I can be with you" Good luck man. Always be straight up.
>>
>>726696490
Thanks bro.. I don't even know how to build up to it. I've never been good in confrontations.
>>
>>726696563
No problem man. But don't pussy out though. Look you need to confront this issue. If she really loves you and wants to be with you... then she will back off and understand that you need freedom and space. I'm curious to know how it goes... but I won't. From man to man... good luck.
>>
>>726696490
I'm not only with her because of her father passing away. She's got a lot of good qualities and traits be also quite a lot of ones that directly contradict my life style choises.
>>726696719
Thank you buddy, I'll gladly give you my throwaway email so I can update you if you want.
>>
>>726696490
Thus. Honest. Straight forward.
>>
Being with picky/strict eaters may not seem like a big deal but it will cause a thousand headaches in your future. Plus your parents were probably pissed on some level that your gf had the nerve to be a self-righteous cunt about their meal.
>>
>>726696989
Yeah, I felt shitty from both ends that day.
I'm not quite sure how long it'll last if I give it any serious thought...
>>
>>726696841
Hey man sounds good, how should I do this... get a throwaway email of my own? I am curious about it.
>>
>>726695578
Hard to say. I don't know how old you are or how old she is, since when she's living like that etc.
Generally you could say that over the years she might go easier on stuff like that, but for the moment, her diet seems to be part of what she considers to be her identity, so attacking it or refusing it would also mean attacking or refusing something that is part of her, or at least that's what it's gonna feel like for her.
The thing about nutrition is that there are dozens of different approaches some more scientific, some less. You could have a chance if you act like you want to be conscious about your nutrition. Start being interested, educate yourself, maybe look into some research regarding carbs, eating meat etc, share your findings with her. Maybe her extreme positions can be tamed a bit. It would be work, but on the other hand you would definitely fail if you'd head on disagree with her.
>>
>>726696841
100% keep your cool. That's the key to any argument/conversation with women. As long as you don't think with your dick or get angry you'll win.
>>
>>726697154
Sure, if you want to
[email protected]

>>726697193
We're both 27 and she's been health concious for quite some time, more so after her father's passing.
Yeah she's a scientist and loves to argue, and also very fixated in her position so I doubt I'll nudge her. There's also the chance that she'll become even more fanatic about the subject while I don't really give half a shit.
>>
>>726697458
Its not even about arguments, its her life choices, its her way of conduct, she has traits that I find cute and charming and others that annoy me.
Its sad to say that maybe the infatuation is gone and nothing much is left.
>>
It sounds as if you don't know how to define boundaries with a partner. Go get social skills and assertiveness training.
>>
>>726697633
Fuck man I know, trust me. I thought I had the hang of it but fuck no. I'm from Israel and she's Texan so something completely different from what I'm used to (had a gf for 6.5 years) and its very hard to get used to.
>>
File: mcdonald6.jpg (303KB, 580x488px) Image search: [Google]
mcdonald6.jpg
303KB, 580x488px
>>726695578

Her interest in having a partner who shares her diet choices is secondary to her need to control. If the future you willingly goes vegan, only one hurdle before her has passed. You won't even have to be the target to suffer as she cross-examines family, friends and waitstaff in order to use diet decision to make existence a trial for all her cross her path.

Vegans and carnivores can love each other. But love dies when it is the handle to a hammer to get one's way in the world.
>>
>>726697469
Hmm. Difficult. You could take another approach. Tell her that you respect her views, but that you also enjoy eating. It gives you pleasure, it's part of what makes your days nice. Tell her that being happy with your life is at least as important as living a long and healthy life, and that the confrontations regarding nutrition and the restrictions of your diet negatively influence your happiness. Bonus: Play Meat Loaf's "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)" in the background.
Sounds a bit like guilt tripping, I know. Maybe you already tried that.
I get your not giving a shit, but you've gotta admit, preparing and sharing meals is something you will do for the rest of your life, so maybe you could try to work out a compromise. There is no avoiding the subject, and without dealing with it, you will definitely see negative effects on your relationship.
>>
>>726697954
Right the fuck on.
Update - we're chatting over whatsapp and arguing, about food. I think this will be over before long.
>>
>>726695578
All women are like this in one way or another. As far as the eating thing, she's mist likely right. It may not be affecting you now but it will as you get older. I know young bucks like you are invincible at your age but that shit will not last past 30. Even more so if you drink and smoke. You'll spend the second half of your life battling and reversing the damage u did to your body. Just try it faggot, it ain't gonna kill ya and it's nothing that should get in the way of a good relationship, if it is actually. You can always cheat some meals if you're not around her if you're that much of a faggot.
>>
>>726697954
Nah. If you set a boundary, and she continues to cross it, love dies. She might seem controlling because OP hasn't actually set the boundary. You don't know whether she's controlling til she knows of the boundary and still chooses to cross it. Lots of scientific vegans are into proselytizing for the cause because they genuinely believe it's the best way, which could just be an expression of caring about you/your health.
>>
>>726698083
She's not willing to budge in that matter, its her way or no way as she makes it clear every time. She doesn't care about that happiness shit, she'll argue that I can find happiness in squash and kale and raddishes and shit.
>>
>>726695578
I married a qt that was nothing like that at first, but now is on my case about eating healthy, no drinking, no weed, etc.

Here's the problem: we start out loving those little quirky things about our partner, but over time those little quirks turn into major fucking annoyances and finally end up as resentment.

I'd steer clear, OP. Extremist vegans are just as fucked in the head as addicts. It's a different kind of addiction though.
>>
>>726697784
Die you jew bastard!

Hehe..just kidding, OP. I lije the idea of being honest with girls but my experience so far has been that more open you are with them, sooner they will get bored of you. Thats for a ltr.
For your situation, I'd say talk to her because she is being a cunt. You need to put your foot down without giving her ultimatum about your relationship. Something like:"Communication is important in good healthy relationships and i wanted you to know that this is a concern...we need to work on getting to sone common ground so we dont blame each other later..." and buy her flowers, and fuck her hard so she knows you are a MAN, not a pussy.
[email protected].
>>
>>726695578
>I need some advice
asking these tub of lards for advice?
you really are fucking stupid.
>>
>>726695578
Become vegan, it's the only way.
There's a reason why girls are getting hotter, it's their predominently vegan diet faggot

You see all the gym girls eating nothing but salads and apples nowadays, either adapt or she's going to leave you
>>
File: IMG_1181.jpg (16KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1181.jpg
16KB, 250x164px
>>726698295
Relationships are built on compromise. If she can't compromise, she's going to have a very unhappy life. Same as a lot of /b/tards on here. They whine about tfw no gf, but are unable to compromise which leaves them lonely. It's a two way street.
>>
>>726695578
>>>726695578
>>I need some advice
>asking these tub of lards for advice?
>you really are fucking stupid.
*Asking us tubs...
>>
File: esso.jpg (29KB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
esso.jpg
29KB, 300x203px
>>726698289
That's a good point. I don't know if I could last in such a relationship. I erred in universalizing my view. (Still, it might be meaningful to OP.)
>>
>>726695578
Tell her you'll conform to her food Nazi rules if she swallows your load every night.
>>
File: IMG_1159.gif (1MB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1159.gif
1MB, 500x523px
>>726698534
It makes their pussies taste absolutely amazing too.
>>
>>726698269
I get it that she's right in some place and that I should take care of my health and watch my diet. But if she could have it her way, I wouldn't even eat fish.
>>726698289
I do believe she's doing it because she cares, but its so extreme that it sucks the joy out of every meal, I can't remember one meal we shared in the last 4 months that made me feel happy.
>>726698358
My fears exactly man, I don't wanna be stuck to that.
>>726698407
I will definitely try that even though we haven't had sex in like a month (cause her dad died and all).
>>726698534
Fuck no.
>>
>>726698698
>Right after anal sex!
>>
>>726698629
I'm willing to compromive but I need a middleground, and there is none.
>>726698729
Fuck yes, and she's got a VCH
>>
>>726698295
That's bad, man. Well, it's all about what you feel now. If you're not willing to change (which is absolutely understandable) and she is not willing to let it go, you should have a long talk, starting with you telling her that you worry about how your future is gonna play out if you even can't find peace regarding the diet shit. Let her know that you find it difficult that she rejects your way of life (yeah, that one goes both ways) and critizised you about it on the daily. You know how it works. See how she reacts when faced with the option that you're taking the only way out that she's left open for you.

Her losing her father is shitty, but if or if not you should suffer her nagging just to comfort her while she grieves is up to you.
>>
>>726698840
I got too big of a heart, I tried to break it off with someone that has BPD and I found it hard as balls. I know I often "sacrifise" myself for the sake of others.
>>
Vegans cannot love meat eaters, just like meat eaters can't love cannibals. Vegans see you too much in a different light. You will constantly argue over dinner time, and she will always question your logic when it comes to food.

I've went vegan once and couldn't win. Had a vegan girlfriend for 2 years, who wasn't originally vegan to begin with, it was a decision she did for health and ethical reasons. I went vegan and tried to continue the gym and ended up losing all all sorts of weight which was mostly fat, and a bit of mass (I wasn't fat but had mass) and she started complaining that I was becoming too lean. Then I eventually started eating meat again and she couldn't handle the fact that in life, to become more physically appealing I had to go against her ethical choices.

So all in all, we broke up and she's now dating a stick vegan bf who has a man bun.
>>
>>726697784
Where are u from in isr?
>>
>>726699033
Near Tel Aviv, are you Israeli too?
>>
>>726698820
That's what I mean. You can't be the only one compromising. You should just sit her down and talk honestly with her, without being accusatory. Like "I know that relationships are built on compromise, but I feel like I'm the only one compromising here. These are my concerns".

Yes, you run the risk of finding out it just won't work, but wouldn't you rather know now?
>>
>>726699076
Yup, herzilya (haifa oc tho) good luck with the gf ! Cant wait to move the fuck out of this country too so i get ur point
>>
>>726699141
Its not really that much of a risk, it won't be the end of me and I won't end up alone.
>>726699291
She moved to Haifa from Texas a few years ago, she's my Green Card the fuck out of here so I may be clutching at straws because of that..
>>
>>726698996
>inb4 u have face like not chad

She was a weird vegan who wanted either a skinny phaggot model or a fit fag, and her current boyfriend takes anavar so she was pretty hypocritical as well
>>
>>726698739
Start in small steps and go as far as you want. Relationships are about compatibility and ability to comprise. I personally stopped eating red meat(43) I also avoid artificial sweeteners, coloring and preservatives. It's hard at first to shop this way but you learn quick. We also cook all our meals at home from scratch 99% of the time. We also quit smoking together and other harder drugs. We did it together though and it's easier when the other half does it with you. This is probably why she wants you to do it too, to help her. But this is something to really think about if you're in it for the long haul or not.
>>
>>726699541
So you still eat white meat?
What are you, racist against meat?
>>
>>726699541
You see, I wish my relationship was like this before too. I was alao willing to compromise that i actually became vegan for her. But my girlfriend regreted when I lost mass and at that moment I realised she was a slut for big bananas.

This is what i'm saying to OP. If you're ever going to consider veganism and If you're already in good shape, expect a lot of mass lost. Even if you're an average normie, if you look good with a bit of chubbyness you better hope your gf likes a smaller version yourself, that's eapecially a bag of bones. Saying that you eat right that is.
>>
>>726699798
I don't want to be a sack of bones, I want to be able to eat a greasy fucking burger once a month (which I don't even do now).

OP here, thanks a lot guys, you really made a few things clear. It isn't often that I get to say it but /b/ came through for me today.
>>
>>726695578
Easy one, go to a nutricionist and ask for a diet. Now you can use the "professional advice" to tell that vegan fag to stfu and eat "healty"
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.