[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you fags use anything other than disposable razors? I

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: Disposable 1-blade razor.jpg (8KB, 400x214px) Image search: [Google]
Disposable 1-blade razor.jpg
8KB, 400x214px
Any of you fags use anything other than disposable razors?

I shave with a disposable razor and I end up getting horrible irritation. I've tried multiple blades and get the same thing. I'll be starting a new job soon and I want to look clean shaven and smooth.

I don't care about being a hipster, I just care if it works. What's my best option? Straight blades, safety razors, electric shavers?
>>
im only 19 but i have a pretty thick beard. I shave with electrical shaver, then use a 7 bladed razer with those conditioner on the tips thing, turns out 100% smooth, wash face and neck, aftershave and you're good to go.
>>
>>726646470
if you go with a single razor spend more than 20 dollars on it
>>
bumping for interest
>>
I use the electric shaver. It has a trimmer too, and that gets most of all of it. But i go back with a disposable and make sure everything is perfect.

Use a nice cream and you should be okay. Really for me that's what the problem was when i would get irritation using a razor. After i started using a different cream that really helped. I like freezing water too.
>>
>>726647253
this
don't use that shit foam and shave with the grain to see if that helps
>>
>>726646470
I use a safety razor. Best shave ever. remember to get a badger hair brush and some mug soap man.
>>
I haven't shaved with a razor in about five years. When I have to shave I just use clippers with no guard. It's short enough and doesn't make me feel like a child.
>>
Using a trimmer to get your hair as far down as possible before shaving will help. Also get some after shaving balm, that shit pretty much cured my razor burn.
>>
>>726647386
Does the brush really matter? I can't see how it's any different from a $10 synthetic brush
>>
>>726646470
Go to a barber you fucking homo. Then before type you start your job sucking dicks for nickels, kys for using /b like a Google search for such a common topic
>>
>>726647757
Where the hell do you live that a barber will shave your face? I haven't been able to find one here for years.
>>
Oh good, I thought I was the only man in here.

Love
a non hipster bearded man.
>>
>>726646470
I used to have the same issue. I now use a straight razor with disposable blades. It's like 30-40$ but each blade runs a buck or so and will last for many shaves.

MAIN THING!!!
Bump patrol. It's targeted for african Americans to help with razor burn since they have curly hair. Totally works. Best after shave thing you can use.

Stings a bit, but costs 8$ for the bottle and it lasts.
>>
>>726647757
My job is fine, but I'm not going to a barber every 2 days.

Also, are you really so mad at this question that you felt the need to comment in such a manner? Did you have a bad day? Is there something you want to talk about? Is everything okay at home?
>>
Smooth away hair removal is a strange product I never used. You wipe hair away with a fabric. Who knows how it feels.

In case you have yet to try it.
Also try using barbasol shaving cream and letting it sit on your face for a good minute. Shave like normal. Knock the loose hairs out of your razor often. Shave with the grain when possible.
>>
I use the cartridges that come in packs, just the cartridge, no handle. With a bit of SOAP not shaving cream, to let it glide. Shaving with the grain then against, unless it's very short stubble, in which case just going against works. Also, DRY the blade after each use, so that it doesn't corrode and lasts a lot longer, the water on it does the most damage. I've also found that the corner of a thin but stiff piece of plastic (I use the plastic from a toothbrush case) works well to clean out the hair and skin from between the blades.
>>
Double-sided safety razor, good brush and soap mug. Lather well with the brush to get the hairs standing tall. Get a solid handle and head and let the blade dof the work. Takes a little time but it's the ONLY way to go. Plus blades are cheap and sharp as a scalpel.
>>
>>726647956
>straight razor with disposable blades

wtf?
>>
>>726646853

A good straight razor should cost $100+ and it's worth it. Spend the time to learn how to use it and it will work fine.
>>
>>726648200
this sounds incredibly dangerous...and manly
>>
File: imgres.jpg (5KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
5KB, 304x166px
>>726646470
Merker double edge safety razors reporting in

or and double edge for that matter

SUPER cheap blades 10 cents a blade lasts 2 weeks each minimum

close shave

little to no irritation

barely cuts

easy to use

why arent you using it yet anon?
>>
>>726647956
This. Find the ethnic section or whatever they call it at your store, that shit works wonders.
>>
>>726647709

Absolutely. Badger brushes lather better and trap more soap in them. The more soap and the finer and thicker the lather, the smoother the shave.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>726648382
>>
>>726646470
fucking hipster
>>
>>726646470
Barely leave the house, so I don't shave.
When I do however, I use Gillette.
>>
File: 71LmLh-CkeL._SL1500_.jpg (145KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71LmLh-CkeL._SL1500_.jpg
145KB, 1500x1500px
>>726647956
They have the black man right there on the label. I guess that's convincing enough.
>>
>>726648786
That's terrifying tbh
>>
Ive used single blade disposables since i was 19, 28 atm. The crazy 5+ blades always messed with my skin, even when using good shaving cream after a shower. Single blades dull quick and make it less likely to cut or snag. Currently ive used the same shitty 2 dollar for 12 single blade Bic for a few months. Ive treid electric, and all the crazy hydro blah blahs since i started having to shave. Single blade cheap is my go to, with shaving some shaving cream and after shave.
Also, i never go against the grain...ever. idk if theres a connection, but my facial hair comes in even. thick, and fast.
>>
>>726648382
Search Dovo Shavette. In barber shops where they don't sharpen their own blades they're common. Super convienent for a quick solid shave.

They hold a super thin, sharp aluminum blade made by some German company. A pack of 10 (doubles) so 20 costs around 20$
>>
>>726646470
Get Harry's, faggot.
>>
File: soot.jpg (27KB, 369x500px) Image search: [Google]
soot.jpg
27KB, 369x500px
>>726648382
I tried using those once and it wasn't any better than the shitty disposable razors. maybe I wasnt using it right but it burned like hell the two or three times i tried
>>
>>726649400
Same thing for me. I've noticed the more blades the worse my skin is. It's especially bad around the corner of the mouth where you have to scratch three or four times. A single, graceful pass from a sharp razor works better than a shit razor that peels of layers of skin to get your face smooth.
>>
>>726649656
You just have to be sure to go with the grain and not force it, holding at about a 45 degree angle. Clean it every few inches of passes. And don't put the shaving cream on super thick, just enough to help it glide.
>>
>>726647381
But when I shave with the grain it still leaves behind lots of stubble
>>
>>726648479
This! Spend $100 or more on a good razor. Look up Dovo or AP Donovan. You'll spend about $100 more in leather strop and brush with other stuff but it's worth it. Take the time to learn how to use your investment properly. There are a metric shit ton of youtube videos on this.
>>
File: 837432.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
837432.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>726646470
I buy just the ends. You save money without the stick part.
>>
>>726650216
That happens for some men if they have thick hair. It's most common around the lower jaw line or neck area. I would suggest finding a barber that uses a straight blade and letting him shave you. See if that helps and watch what he does.

Also, you might try a wet rag on your face as hot as you can stand it just before you shave.
>>
>>726648200
>>726650450

i dont believe you two exist
>>
switched to double sided and pretty much eliminated razor burn. But I think i permanently damaged the skin on part of my neck because everything i shave I cut up the same spot
>>
>>726646470
I use a double edge safety razor. Heat the fuck out of your face with a hot, wet rag. Massage the shaving cream into your face and neck. Pull your skin so it's real tight for each section that you're shaving; blades work better on a smooth surface than the bumpy contours of your face. I literally had the same issue before I started doing this. Also, take your time and dedicate 30-45 min until you get the flow for it. Do it right, not fast.
>>
>>726650216
Shaving against the grain pushes whatever is on your face into the pores. It's a bad idea.
>>
>>726647709
Yes and No. The brush is important but actually working the product on to your face is more important. Actually spend time on this step and don't rush it.
>>
>>726650915
Can you just heat the razor instead>
>>
>>726648200
holy fuck I'm not the only one>>726650450
>>
>>726646470
Before you spend a bunch of money you should try a woman's razor. Get one of those $10 shave-in-the-shower things and try that. They're usually designed for more "sensitive" areas.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 435x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 435x500px
>>726646470

Mach 3 turbo are the only blades that I've had success with and I've tested them all. I hate paying so much for blades so I rock a slight beard now.

Still use the Mach 3 for the neck and lines
>>
Use a razor which the head is not fixed. Those are pretty good.
>>
>>726646470
Straight edges are cool, but a lot of work IMO.

Get a safety razor, the blades are like 10cents each and you can use them 3-5 times.
SUCH a good shave and really easy too. Cant recommend more.
>>
File: IMG_2262.jpg (93KB, 640x869px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2262.jpg
93KB, 640x869px
>>726646470
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.