[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/rothers, I've been having a bit of a shit time recently

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 12

File: depression.png (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
47KB, 300x300px
Hey /b/rothers,

I've been having a bit of a shit time recently but I'm feeling pretty good today so I thought I'd start a thread on depression advice to maybe help someone out. Feel free to contribute or ask anything, doesn't have to be advice, can be venting or anything else depression related.

My first tip is to make yourself feel better physically. I'm not talking about weight or looks, I mean basic things. Have a shower, put on your favourite clothes, go for a walk or if you're into exercise, do that. That's a relatively easy (although I appreciate not always possible) thing to fix when you're feeling depressed so start there.

Second tip is to force yourself to do things, if you get invited to stuff and get that inevitable sense of dread at the thought of social interaction, kick that dread's ass and get out there and do something. I was lucky enough to have a friend recently who wouldn't take no for an answer and once I got out I felt a lot better.

I realise not all of you /b/rother's will have friends and that's okay too, beating depression doesn't have to be about going outside and laughing with other people, for those people I have my third tip: do something that is going to better yourself. Again, I know that sounds wanky and cliché but I'm not talking about going to university or working on your fitness, it could be anything. My thing is music, every time I feel down I just dive into that and add to the building blocks of what I hope will be something I can look back and be proud of, or even something that will better my situation eventually.

It can be anything, music, painting, writing, dancing, even *thinking* if that's your kind of thing. Even better if the thing you want to do has a 'scene' around it that you can get involved in.

Anyway, I know it's not as easy as I've laid out in this post but I know that these things have helped me when I've felt like shit so if it helps even one of you guys then I'm happy.

tl;dr: let's talk about depression
>>
Don't have much time right now but let's take a minute to appreciate each other.
Not much to appreciate but nonetheless I appreciate the sentiment.
>>
>>726352697
Just want to bring a little positivity, I know I'll get labelled a faggot for doing so but if I help one guy who's feeling a bit shit then it's worth it.

I know a lot of people act all hard on here but underneath I'm sure some appreciate it.
>>
>>726351832
OP IS A FAGGOT
>>
Only a chick would post her feelings on 4chan, so you need to show us your tits or gtfo.
>>
>>726353314
Nice try but nope, I'm a dude
>>
>>726351832
I'm not sure if anyone will read this before the prune but

For me, finding a goal was quintessential to my beating, or warding off, of depression. I know what I want to do in the future, I have some goals set up right now, very small things, very recent things, day by day things, but the point is keeping yourself preoccupied while making yourself better and enjoying the journey.

Friendship is a part of this, and I'm sure some people have nobody, but remember that there is always someone else in the same boat as you, probably not as far away as you'd thing. Therefore I bid you get out and put yourself out there, make yourself known.
I am a conservative person who would rather not have social interaction given the chance, but believe me, when I do, it's not as hard as you'd think or dread. People are like mirrors, the more outwards and open you are to them, the more they'll reciprocate.

Exercise is a must; depression, whatever the reason is linked to the lack of endorphine release. Exercise counters this, however slight. Try it, it's good.
>>
>>726353465
>>726351832

As I've said I used to have depression
My girlfriend is having troubles with me and doesn't want to see me for a while.
This doesn't trouble me nearly as much as it should; I have a goal and time is of the essence.
Keep heading for your goal and everything else becomes small fry.
We'll make it together guys.
>>
>>726353465
Thanks anon, this is the kinda thing I was looking for as a response!

Having goals has helped me a lot. As I said before I work in music, so it's very up and down, but knowing that whatever happens I'm still able to do something to contribute to my future (write a song) helps a lot. I feel like I'm getting something done and it works wonders.

>>726353599
It's also all about perception, you're either losing a girlfriend or gaining the possibility to start a relationship with one of millions of other people.
>>
>>726353748
I love music in my life.
It's funny cos I range from classical to rap
Tbh it really controls my mood.
Music gives motivation, that's why some musicians make it so big.
>>
>>726353748
Also my girlfriend is someone I love dearly.
She just needs space right now, I respect that.
I hope she comes back to me.
>>
>>726354048
Play any instruments? I was severely depressed after my war experience. Now I play bass and it's so therapeutic because I never thought I'd be able to simply...play.
>>
>>726354482
Did then I stopped after a while
Now I'm considering picking up piano after listening to too many classics lol
>>
This is the faggiest goddamn thread I've seen in a while
>>
>>726354572
>>726354482
I play a little bit of piano, basic chords. I'm a producer mainly so I've learnt how to program chords in and picked up a bit of keys along the way. I'd love to play properly! Mainly a guitar person myself, you're right about it being therapeutic!
>>
>>726354694
Join us faggot.
>>
>>726354694
me too, and I'm OP. I don't really care, I've had people help me on here countless times in the past 10 years so why not try give something back.
>>
Honestly, I distract myself more than anything. I know it's not really something people SHOULD do, but if your sadness becomes stunting, distract yourself by doing something you like, whether it's vidya, drawing or anything else.
>>
Going outside works the best from my experience, even better if you go in a park, something of nature, also watching sun rise fills you with life energy, you can feel the difference in your day.
>>
>>726354914
I think that people say you shouldn't do that if there's a particular incident/reason that will only build and get worse if you don't tackle it head on, such as abuse or a traumatic event. I think if it's just a general 'feeling down all the time' thing then distracting yourself and getting on with it is actually the solution? I'm not 100% on that though.
>>
Does any one like Twenty One Pilots? If you haven't check it out, I can usually relate to the words. It helps! :)
>>
>>726355238
Other anon here, distracting yourself if you're coming from a trauma isn't going to work, stuff like that have a grieving period and the emotion need to be released or it can become unhealthy, although for general derpession or anxiety distracting works great and should be utilized.
>>
>>726351832
I can relate to this a lot. It's always good to have a creative outlet to submerge your mind in something other than thought for a while.
Personally, I like to make shitty beats and improv keyboard funk but that's just me.
It's good to get in the rythym of things because day to day life can be a drag if you don't know how to switch off.
It sounds so cringey saying it but just go with the flow. Where possible, use every little condition of your life to your advantage.
>>
>>726355238
>>726355514

Yeah it's not traumatic. It might be been back whenever I first started getting this way, but nah. It's generalized clinical anxiety and depression. Typical white boy sadness.
>>
One thing I've found, besides being on medication, do something nice for someone else at random. No strings attached. Even if you think it's small, the other presin may think it's huge. Great boost to your self esteem to see the happiness you can do for others ESPECIALLY when they don't expect it. Someone else may be feeling the exact same way you are.
>>
>>726355478
21 pilots fan here
>>
I'm getting it really bad lately. It's impossible to focus on anything or do anything with my day. I've tried talking and reaching out to people but I'm either ignored or just an annoyance. I dunno. Doesn't feel like it gets better to be honest
>>
>>726356004
This. 100 times this.
>>
>>726356004
True
>>
>>726356110
Anon if you take one thing from this thread it's that it does get better. Maybe not immediately and it may take a while but stick with it.

Take up a hobby that you don't need other people for if you're feeling that way about your friends, my music started as an escape for me when I didn't really have anyone and it grew into a way of meeting tonnes of new people.
>>
>>726355478
So they say newcomers have a certain smell
>>
>>726356305
It gets better but it gets worse again. And I only have my boyfriend and he's not really wanting to deal with me. Any other friend I had were just around because I used to drunk and do a lot of drugs and when I cut back on that everyone left me and said I was boring.

I know it'll pass but it just feels so fucking heavy and it's hard to get through it alone. And as for hobbies I love drawing but in this state it's impossible to be inspired to do anything.

Sorry for being so negative haha the advice here is really good. I just wanted to reach out to people is all.
>>
>>726356657
Don't apologise. Even with my music I have days where I'm like "fuck it I'm shit I can't do anything" and feel incredibly uninspired, but those are the days where I try and get the things I can control in order, as mentioned with the shower and clothes and walk stuff, otherwise I get stuck in a rut where I stay in bed for a week and do nothing.

I forced myself up yesterday and cleaned the house (something I rarely do) and I felt infinitely better.
>>
>>726356110
>>726356305

The other guy here
What's your issue? Have you been able to identify the reason for this?

Also music empowers me; when I need to study, I listen to Chopin, Mozart, Tchaikovsky and the like, when I need to chill, I listen to gambino, eminem.
>>
>>726356657
Listen to 9 crimes right now
>>
>>726356939
I have a film for my college to do and I haven't touched it in over a month. I don't have much done at all. Feels shit being uninspired haha I thought this'd pass but it's been with me the past few months now. I've cleaned showered organised bookshelves and it's not really doing much for me. I just feel empty and pointless doing anything.
>>
>>726357238
Will do anon
>>
>>726356939
what brings the chaos in your life? Is it depression or the fact that too many things feel wrong?
>>
>>726357240
I feel that anon, if I'm totally honest I've felt that for years, a creative block that I'm still not fully out of, but I'm managing it using the techniques I've mentioned and I'm starting to feel better about it.

And of course if all else fails, rip someone else off.
>>
>>726357159
For me it's just when I think of how others perceive me I guess. Public image and how other people feel have just been engrained in me since childhood and it's impossible to separate other people's feelings and opinions of me from my own. Like if I pissed someone off or someone ignores me I take it really badly because I always want to make everyone happy. Once everyone is happy with me then I feel good.
>>
>>726357415
I often feel like I'm not good enough. I've got a lot of money troubles too. Music is difficult, there are many who would kill to be in my position but I'm struggling a lot financially. I've had a few personal/relationship issues, mainly down to me, which hasn't helped my self esteem/me feeling like a shithead but that's pretty much worked out now.

Only way out is to work at it so that's what I'm doing!
>>
>>726357611
I haven't had much original ideas since I've started my college course. It was piss easy so I never consentrated on it and now my abilities have taken a nose dive. I can't draw nearly as well as I used to and it makes me feel worse because I used to do it every day and now I barely draw once a month. I push myself from time to time but it feels pointless.
>>
>>726357619
That's the same with me; I am extremely......cautious as to the way I dress, act, feel when I'm outside and try not to slip up, but what you're talking about is completely different.
I try to make EVERYONE happy as well, like a compulsion(?) but YOU are too dependent on opinions and feelings to the point it may affect your mood swings. I know that feeling and I try to brush them off as unimportant, but I know it's never that easy, especially how you described it.
>>
>>726357880
This is a remarkable mirror for what's going on with me. Only thing I can suggest is force yourself to draw, even if it's shit. You might end up drawing some of the worst stuff you've ever drawn, but keep going, you'll find it again.
>>
>>726357619
>>726357941
I think that's natural and I think even the people who claim they don't care at all care at least a little bit.

One thing I've found helps is to surround myself with people who are like me and don't really care about what others look like or what they do. Easygoing people who you know don't judge. That can help a lot, but I know it's different if it's co-workers etc.
>>
>>726357880
What exactly do u do as a music producer?

So we have one producer and one artist
Nice
>>
>>726358246
Mainly write instrumentals and work with singers/topliners. Sometimes record bands. Haha is there any wonder why we have creatives in a depression thread! We're all fucked up haha
>>
>>726357941
I started off with severe social anxiety but it was different from being scared to talk to people. I could do that just fine, I was great with meeting people the first time and all, it's maintaining friendships that get to me. It's like I have this person now I have to make them happy and like me forever and not fall out with them otherwise I'm a bad person. And depression started sinking in because I realise I'm just awful at being around people and I make them feel like shit so I feel like shit and lay in bed because what's the point.

Yeah bro. It fucking sucks haha
>>
>>726358217
I've got s band of my boys
We have pretty interesting talks once in a while
We're quite open to each other actually, it's great, like a breath of fresh air
>>
Sooner or later in life everyone discovers that perfect happiness is unrealizable, but there are few who pause to consider the antithesis: that perfect unhappiness is equally unattainable. The obstacles preventing the realization of both these extreme states are of the same nature: they derive from our human condition which is opposed to everything infinite. Our ever-insufficient knowledge of the future opposes it: and this is called, in the one instance, hope, and in the other, uncertainty of the following day. The certainty of death opposes it: for it places a limit on every joy, but also on every grief. The inevitable material cares oppose it: for as they poison every lasting happiness, they equally assiduously distract us from our misfortunes and make our consciousness of them intermittent and hence supportable.

if you force yourself to do anything, i think physical activity of any kind will help with everything from establishing a positive cycle for sleep, energy etc. rather than the vicious cycle inactivity can bring.

it's a curse as well as a blessing but humans can (figuratively) live through anything and adapt.

- Primo Levi, Survival in Auschwicz

this occurred to him among worst possible of human conditions. this doesn't short-change your own personal situation, nor should it be taken as pithy optimistic drivel. you can accept that that you're a little down right now and that's fine. remember that neither extreme is attainable, so give yourself a break.
>>
>>726358217
I wish I could find people like that. The art course I got into, no one could draw and I'm not exaggerating or anything. They're all shit. So to fit in with them I just drank a lot and it was fun for awhile but then anxiety got to me and I realised that they don't like me as a person but just that I was good at art and could help them out with projects. So I don't attend class anymore. I want to find like minded people. I'm moving to another part of the country in a few months and I hope it'll work out better anyway. That's really all I'm looking forward to and what keeps me going
>>
>>726358449
Oh fuck that sounds terrible
For me, I try to buddy them.
I try to make them like me and favour me if the opportunity cost isn't too high.
I try to make the depend on me as a friend, which is horrible but I never aid my motives weren't.
You probably have a horrible time with bgr holy crap. You probably can never be honest with people because you're afraid it will hurt them, even if it's best to be.
>>
>>726358739
I'm sure there are dA meet ups somewhere
>>
>>726358042
This is what I'm aiming for. It's just so daunting opening a sketchbook and looking at a blank page and having no ideas to fill it. Getting over the initial start is the hardest thing really
>>
>>726358878
Christ haha fuck dA
>>
>>726358900
As is most things, but once you tip off that precipice it should branch out and give you more inspiration.
>>
>>726358943
Hey if you're real good u can get fucked up on drugs and become a 21st century van Gough
Jks dont
>>
>>726352697
>>726353167
faggot
>>
Honestly, just try something new. Just say fuck it, and go for it. New GF, new job, etc. It'll keep your mind out of shit, and occupied.
>>
>>726358792
Meh it doesn't bother me too much. I was never good at making friends. My boyfriend is the only friend I have and if I'm honest I'll never know what makes him stick with me but he ignores me a lot so I guess he lives up to my expectations.
I try to be honest but really the majority of people that surrounded me in college I found to be very very fake people. The ones that get photos with you on nights out but never talk to you after. What's the point in being honest with them if they aren't honest with me.
The one person that I considered my best friend and I shared a lot with her. I took a panic attack in our apartment and she just fucked off out the door and left me there and texted me after to quit the act and how everyone sees through it and how it's exhausting for her. And it still fucks with my head sometimes to think about it
>>
>>726359365
In half a weeks time when the adrenaline wears off;
"Holy fuck what have I done
My life is now worse than before."
Keeping it controlled is the only way we know how to deal with it effectively(?) for a short time t least.
>>
>>726358900
do things that aren't creative to start, ease back into it. Copy things, doodle randomly, redraw stuff you've done in the past that you liked. Just get drawing!
>>
>>726359102
Already tried the fucked up on drugs thing. It kinda works but I can't deal with come downs like I used to lol I've ordered some lsd and I'm gonna try microdosing to see if it helps because I've read up a lot about it and I'm willing to try anything
>>
>>726359550
Godspeed, kiddo.
Also listen to music.
Classical is good for me
>>
>>726359027
Too true. It's worked a few times before. They just weren't as heavy feeling as I am now so it was easier to do
>>
>>726359414
You must(?) overcome this
I'm not sure how either, I'm sorry
But to have a meaningful relationship where you can both criticise each other for the better as well as depend on each other, it must(?) be done.
>>
>>726359633
I don't know if I'm excited or nervous. I've only done the smallest dose of DMT before and it was nice so if it's like that then I'll be okay for it. I just think that maybe facing my problems on psychedelics might shine new light on them.
I need to make a playlist.
>>
>>726359414
also I draw my strength from those around me; by helping others, I make myself happier.
I get my happiness from the smiles of my friends, and if they see me for genuinely being a kind caring person, they usually open up to me and let me into their lives.
>>
>>726359819
Hey here's an idea
Record yourself/voice when ur high to get inspiration for your next project ;)
>>
You guys mentioned goals, right?
I'm having trouble with this specifically. I can't set any goals because I don't see that they'll ever be attainable, and eventually spiraling into "what's the use?". I feel like I want things to change but at the same time I can't/don't want to put in any effort.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>726359981
Start small
5 push-ups now
Journey starts with a single step.
Gl bro
>>
>>726359725
I'll hopefully find away. I'm going back to counselling and seeing if that takes me anywhere.
It's cool bro. I didn't come here expecting to be cured it's just nice talking to like minded people. I appreciate the inputs
Meaningful relationships and friendships are my absolute goal and so far I realise that a lot of people aren't really looking for that. It'd be great to have two or three friends that are like minded. My boyfriend is alright. We get into deep discussions and he's helped me through so much but when I go through a really bad depressive mood he just ignores me because he can't deal with it. I couldn't expect him to but it hurts because all I really need is just a hug and someone to say I'm okay. Instead he'd leave the room or ignore my calls.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 332x443px
>>726359981
>>726360057
So much to say right now
The goals you set are unattainable because you lack the path and willpower right now
Both take skill and practise/Discipline
Get motivated, and build your strengths
Slowly but surely, your "I can't do it" will become easily attainable
Don't give up, and one day you'll get there easy
>>
>>726359862
Me too. It feels good making everyone happy. It's just I don't have many people left. I've tried meeting up with people but they aren't interested
>>
>>726359974
Can't tell if that'll be a great idea or just terrifying :L Might give it a go. I don't know when I'll be able to do it. I'm back at my parents for a few months but I'll be moving out again soon
>>
>>726360333
>meaningful relationships and friendships
>a lot of people aren't looking for that
You've got some strange people kiddo
You have to keep an open mind about your boyfriend
It's as if you had a third person in your relationship
I try to understand my girlfriends situation too
Granted she doesn't have depression but she has a lot of ongoing stuff right now
It's kind of hard, when the person you love doesn't have time for you right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 2048x1536px
>>726360618
Stay safe ;)
>>
>>726360488
When people genuinely smile because you made their day
I live for that feeling
Figuratively
>>
>>726360716
The people I met in college were interested in drugs and whether you could drink a lot. You as a person not so much. My own fault really but everyone seemed that way.
Aye I understand the situation. He's all I have and it is a lot to deal with for him. It's jut hard because my head picks things up very differently and I feel like because he's not talking to me as much it's because I am too much and it all just snowballs to he doesn't love me and I know that's completely irrational
>>
>>726361067
are you sure or is this anxiety telling you?
Also you need to control who you hang out with generally
A phrase i picked up
Show me your friends and I'll show you your future
>>
> Exercise
> Don't not exercise for at least 2 weeks
> Drink a fruit smoothie
>>
>>726361264
It probably is but anxiety has been with me my whole life that it's hard to tell the difference between rational and irrational sometimes. I've just always been an anxious person.
I realise that now. At the time they all just seemed fun to be around and I thought they'd stick by me because I was like them.
Good phrase. Never thought about it like that but it makes a lot of sense
>>
Anyway, good luck with your problems guys.
Everyone has problems, it's just a matter of finding the solution.
Goodnight artist and producer and everyone in between.
>>
>>726362077
Goodnight bro! And good luck in life
>>
>>726362041
Try back it up with evidence
Try to calm down before you do anything drastic
Don't jump to conclusions
Ask someone for opinion
>>
>>726362178
HopE you find the key to your problem
-other guy
>>
>>726362193
Well being in an anxious state I find small things and blow them way out of proportion so I use that as reason to be anxious.
I focus as much as I can to be calm and think things through but it's really difficult to control. It's near impossible almost.
And I don't have people to really turn to when I'm in a bad state so it all festers and gets worse.
I'm trying my best to make little steps in the right direction but there's only so much I can handle really.
>>
>>726362410
Don't want to leave this unresolved but I gotta go
Fuck I really have a problem leaving people alone huh....
Maybe continue in thread one day
Try critical thinking and relaxation techniques like yoga
>>
>>726351832
Thanks. Been having a shitty week from my friend. Feeling like uploading what happened
>>
>>726362789
Hey man no worries! I was just wanting to talk to people about this. I've no one and needed a distraction so just getting to do this was nice.
Maybe maybe
Will do, I used to meditate a lot but i gave it up after awhile. Still don't know why.
Thanks for the help
>>
>>726351832
Solid advice. After being depressed since highschool, I found this out for myself pretty recently. Would have been nice to find out sooner, but what can you do?

Just have to find a way to get the bad thoughts out of my head. Thoughts that demean anyone I actually like in violent and unusual ways, such as giving me the overwhelming urge to tell a girl in the most casual and disturbing way that she's pretty fucking ugly, and then nitpick her face to shreds. This only happens when I'm attracted to someone. In fact, sometimes when I'm talking to an ugly girl, my head will tell me shit like "go sell your car to buy her a wedding ring right now and worship her shitty asshole".

It always gets to a screaming point where I can't focus on what someone is saying and instead I have to deal with the brain noise. OCD or what, I'm not sure, but it really blows.

I was just venting a bit. No catharsis, though. That's a feeling I don't get anymore. I've gotten a little better recently with being able to feel emotions again, but I never feel relaxed, happy, calm, satisfied (except when eating food), or motivated. I'm always slightly nervous or irritated. Even weed can't calm me down properly anymore.
>>
>>726351832
>tl;dr: be socially active
Nah, I don't feel like it. I'd rather stay at home and feel sad all the time tbh.
>>
>>726364012
This.

Fuck all this feel good try hard advice. I have a chemical imbalance and I'll never feel normal or happy.
Nor do I want to if it will make me like the rest of them.

I've come to enjoy my loneliness and emotional emptiness.
>>
>>726364169
Fuck still not asleep
"Loneliness and emotional emptiness" doesn't bring joy or enjoyment; humans are social creatures by nature and so they need to socialise.
This is probably denial; once you get out there, you'll never give it up.
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
I'm not even depressed... I just don't want to live.
>>
>>726363032
If u really have nobody and you need someone to talk to @t the moment, alwayshopeandhelp@gma
I don't mind being bothered.
>>
>>726364375
I dislike people to the point where I'm comfortable being called a mysanthrope.

I don't like men, women, children, nor any fiction inbetween.
>>
>>726364386
So lack of joy.
>>
>>726364554
Nope. Life is just an awful experience set in a cruel, cold world most people are ill-equipped to deal with.

I hate being sapient and conscious.
>>
>>726364659
I'm so sorry, I don't know how to help.
I do suggest a psyc for professional opinion tho.
>>
>>726364506
Cheers man. I'm never great at reaching out. I just feel like I annoy everyone I come in contact with.
>>
>>726364534
What exactly do you hate?
>>
>>726364923
You don't
I genuinely want to be there
>>
>>726364659
Life is fucking shit. I stopped enjoying it ages ago but I'm guilted into living because "things will get better"
>>
>>726364830
Talked to psychologists, psychiatrists, defectologists and everyone else involved with anything cerebral.
>"You're stationed in a toxic environment with no peers"
>But I don't feel the need to socialize
>"You have to ppl are social animals"
>But I don't think I am
>"Yes you are."
>*Prescribes me a shitload of meds which never helped*

It's just circlejerking.
>>
>>726364939
Everything. Just observing our nature and behaviour repulses me.

Women in particular.
>inb4 faggot
>inb4 salty because cucked

Nope. They're just exta shit tier human beans.
>>
>>726364994
But why? I'm just some whingey bitch on an anonymous site. Everyone who knows me can't stand me. There's a reason I have no friends. There's a reason my boyfriend can't deal with me.

I understand people that hate me or can't stand me because I have something in common with them
>>
>>726365097
Psyc would tell you humans need interaction
But there are always outliers ofc
Chances this doesn't affect you in work, study and the like is minimal, but hopefully yo can circumvent it
>>
>>726365275
Because I feel nobody is a lost cause
Everyone can be helped and "saved"
Everyone is beautiful in their own way
You just need to see it from a different perspective
>>
>>726365275
You have a vagina.
Literally 50% of the globe wants your attention.
>>
File: 369.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
369.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>start enjoying the pain
>infinite pleasure
I won this game so hard I broke what most people call reality.
Checkmate.
Stop striving for comfort you domesticated pussies.
>>
>>726365256
Im not doubting you
Just Y tho
Is it because you don't see reason in the way people act perhaps?
>>
>>726365407
Actually
She/he/it could live halfway round the world
That's not the point
I want to help whoever needs it
>>
>>726365451
Same
Except that's me with exercising
Not a masochist tho
>>
>>726365407
Also globes are made of plastic
Unless you're talking shout the earth, which is made up of rock and a core of molten metal
>>
>>726365458
I'm not eloquent enough to put it into context, but yes.

I see 'through' every motion a human makes. It's all driven by shallow and greedy motives.
True altruism is fiction. The rat race is rigged.

I want no part in this shit tier species.
>>
>>726365360
Thanks man.
I just have a hard time believing that it's all worth it to get better. It just gets worse for me I've found over the last few years. I've been in a downward spiral
>>
43 y/o here. Depressed since early teens. Been through meds, docs and institutions.

2 cents from me.

>it never gets better
>should have followed through with an hero
>>
>>726365662
Sounds like super keen cynicism to me
All humans have a motive and will push it, no matter the reason, it will have themselves around or in the middle, that's how it is. But live life and enjoy your own life, enjoy the process of living and the journey to the end.
Also yes the "rat race" is rigged, but you can escape through investments.
>>
>>726365407
You'd be surprised. I'm average looking and I never went out looking for guys. I'm with someone anyway
>>
>>726365662
>I see through
No you fucking don't.
That is exactly what makes it appear shit to you and by that you yourself become shit.
That is already a viscious circle that perhaps you cannot even leave anymore.
Because
>muh seeing through
Fucking spastic, get a grip.
>>
>>726365707
Darkest before dawn
Don't let i it get you too down
I know that feeling, it's wallowing in self contempt
When you find a NEED to get better, or a goal, you'll work towards it.
>>
>>726365924
Okay.
>>
File: 1488486229098.jpg (206KB, 694x1141px) Image search: [Google]
1488486229098.jpg
206KB, 694x1141px
>im 18
>Been really depressed
>Actually that is truth that noone needs me
>I think only cure for my situation is find girlfriend that will love me and so do i. A real soulmate.
>As i know girls like guys with some muscules. I am skinny so i have been working out 7 months for now with rare days off. Not going to gym but trying do something at home. I set my mindset that i dont do this fir myself but for my girlfriend to be good as passoble. To make my gf friends thing how good bf she have not to just laugh at bouth of us
>Basicly all i do is for my gf.
>All i do is hope to find my true love
>Im maybe am al oldschool person because i dont wouldnt ever cheat on my gf just stay with her.
>Would try do anything to make her happy and that would mean alot to me because i would be able to make her happy which ressults me gaibing happienes cause i can make someone feel special.
>Basicly i dont care about sex. I want be so close with her that she would be willing do souch act with me
>Pic related
>>
>>726366022
It's been dark for years if that's the case haha I really do want to get better. There's thing I want to do but it's so hard to get out of this.
>>
File: GW433H304.jpg (67KB, 433x304px) Image search: [Google]
GW433H304.jpg
67KB, 433x304px
>>726366291
Here's a bombshell for you then.

Love is an illusion.
>>
Does anyone else masochistically enjoy the hurt of being home alone while your peers are out having fun and probably fucking your crush?
>>
>>726366384
Nobody says it is easy
Things worth working for are never easy ;)
But do it, you must
For whoever you care about or will care.
If not, do it for yourself, so u can live a happier life?
I know it's easier to just sleep it off or try to ignore it, but trust me, it drove me insane.
>>
test
>>
>>726366291
Finding someone isn't going to cure depression. I used to think like that but it's just a whole other thing to be depressed and anxious about. Relationships are really hard to maintain and you'll never find that perfect person.
>>
>>726366532
Aka cutting? Did, not anymore.
>>
>>726366666
QUINTS
BLESSED BE THIS THREAD.
>>
>>726366673
No, I'm not a faggot.

I just sort of enjoy being depressed.
>>
>>726366726
Nobody cares tbh
>>
>>726366666
Also the chance you'll find the "perfect mate" so small it's not worth considering; you should work towards building a good relationship than finding the perfect someone
>>
>>726366588
True. It's just exhausting at this point. I've hit a new low and it's just hard to keep going. I feel like I'm losing my mind at times and I'm just stuck for now.
>>
>>726366726
Oh shit man I did it. :L
>>
>>726366851
People supporting you really plays quite a big role in your life. I'd know.
Is it the repetition of each day or not finding reason in what you do? Or what?
>>
I feel lonely on the emotional level, I guess thats a way to say it.

I have some friends, but I don't talk with them about my feelings and emotions, and its a shallow friendship so thats not going to work- what should I do?

Important to point out I don't have a gf nor I ever had, although its kind of hinted.
>>
>>726367019
Yeah. I have family but I can't really open up to them. I don't really have that close a relationship with any of them. And I don't have friends really..
A bit of both. I can't concentrate on things. I just can't absorb anything I read or be able to work on anything so I just exist Day to day. It just feel so long and drawn out and pointless at this point
>>
>>726366848
Im not searching for perfect persong. I dont even plan to find someone perfect. If i can find right person which can make me feel diferent from now i can make that person special for me or make she feel important, looking at my situation
>>
>>726367308
Hah I know that feeling
My girlfriend is my world
But trust me, when u get to this stage
Even more problems arise
It's not all sun shines and daisies
>>
>>726367308
I won't discourage you from it. Finding someone on your wavelength is great. Being with that person is great but it can also be really really difficult. Because people don't 100% get a long and there'll be fights and misunderstandings and they'll hurt you and you'll hurt them. Intentionally or unintentionally. You feel different alright but it won't make you better if you get me. It won't cure depression. It could even make it worse at times.
The best thing to do is just work on yourself for you and no one else. At the end of the day it's your life and you need to live it for yourself and no one else
>>
>>726351832
what if i'm poor as fuck , i mean really poor , (can't afford to take a girl for a date , can't afford a beer with buddies) , can't work because of school , parent are always sad because of debts, and wages are shit in my country , their sadness gets me .Atm , i sometimes think of puttind an end to this misery , but then i remember that i would be a big pussy if would do that.How do i get out of this?
>>
https://discord.gg/xytzTPW

:(
>>
>>726367262
It really hurts.
Because you have anxiety and depression which changes everything
You can't concentrate on most things intellectual even if you have no distractions your mind will make up things.
I have adhd, so a way I study is talking to my self and by doing so I highlight key points and solidify key understandings I need. It's definitely not the same, but hopefully this can distract yourself froM the naggings. Also helps with thinking.
>>
>>726367616
put it this way
I guarantee you'll have fights in your life with you SO
The real question is can you both work through it and from that, create a stronger relationship?
>>
>>726353167
You're a good guy op
>>
>>726367642
Forgo current satisfaction for your future investment which is knowledge.
Trust me, it's worth it.
Good luck buddy.
It's not easy, but it's a goal worth attaining.
>>
>>726367851
For me it'd just take ages to read a chapter of a book. I tried earlier on with two different books but I tried the first paragraphs a few times and I just couldn't concentrate. I read the words but no coherent image formed. And the more I focus the more tired I am and I can't concentrate so it's a vicious cycle
>>
>>726368366
Can I hear your train of thought as you read?
>>
>>726368477
What do you mean? Like when I read I try to push my thoughts out but I can't absorb the words on the page so it's pointless trying. I just sit there areading the same paragraph not making sense of it because I'm too preoccupied trying to stop my thoughts
>>
>>726355478

get out normie
>>
>>726368698
What do u read the words but the image and words don't come to mind
>>
>>726368930
Yeah like that. It's like I understand the words and all but they don't form anything in my head. It's like I'm one ear and out the other
>>
File: tumblr_oeh45kJ0pj1scdih6o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oeh45kJ0pj1scdih6o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x266px
>>
>>726369142
That's actually so fucking sad.
I'm an avid reader so can't imagine this
Hope it will all get tied up soon :((((
>>
Also if anyone else wants someone to talk to, u can email me, address above.
Happy to chat if I have time.
>>
File: tumblr_ogl95pbN5g1rq7k89o1_1280.jpg (720KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogl95pbN5g1rq7k89o1_1280.jpg
720KB, 1280x1707px
>>726351832
Do you think sucking cock helps?
>>
>this whole thread kicked me right in the feels.
>>
>>726369892
>Hopefully your feels located in your nads
>>
File: Ludwig_Richter_-_Herbst.jpg (1MB, 1546x2506px) Image search: [Google]
Ludwig_Richter_-_Herbst.jpg
1MB, 1546x2506px
Hanging myself tonight. Feel really at peace with the decision and I'm laughing my ass off and fapping. Only a touch of sadness. Feel pretty good mostly.
>>
>>726370009
>saying retarded shit on the internet.
Must be summer, friendo.
>>
>>726369464
I know. I love reading too. It's fucking annoying at this point. I just want to do things
>>
Feeling like shit right now trying to fix problem with money, hope yall feeling better
>>
Inspired by this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7wQSFSDR_4
i started to take action on building good habits. It started with making my bed when i wake up, having a morning ritual with brushing my teeth and combing my hair. Then after each time i ate, cleaning the kitchen. Now i eat without watching shit on the computer.
Never build up any rituals in my life so i try to do that. Just really care what you do beforehand so it will become a habit and you never again have to think about it in the future, which will lead to having the mind clear and focused.
It can be a bit clumsy in the beginning - as it is for me now.
Now i realize that my main problem was that i never build up habits that benefit my life, just had things like binge watching shit and deny that i have stuff to do and procrastinate.
It really helped, cause else you get lost in not doing stuff and when you fall -eg. stressful times, or something bad happens- you have no ground (the habits) to fall on to, you will fall deeper and deeper into that black hole, cause it only can go worse, when you not doing something about it. It really is the little things we do every day that form our character.
Hope this helps.
>>
>>726351832
op, i'm losing my mask. today my mom asked me if anything troubles me. i laughed it off and said everythings all right.
I'm afraid that i'll show my true face. hatred towards life. hatred of myself. wishing to die.
i can't tell her, because she will not understand. she will play it little and fuck me up even more.
i just want to die.
>>
>>726368366
Do you have a constant sleep rhythm? Or How many ours do you sit at the computer?
Cause that could lead to not being able to concentrate.
>>
anyone still lurking or is this thread dying?
>>
>>726370817
to add, i'm depressed for 5 years now. first it was just the regular sad feeling if something went wrong. but the last 3 years. fucks me up man. skip school regularly. avoid mother as much as possible. closing myself into my room.
i've lost interrest in the things i loved before. like gaming, watching movies, watching anime.
I sometimes sit for 3 hours doing nothing. i just feel tired. but all the sleep in the world won't ease my tiredness.
i'm 23 now. i smoke 50 cigs a day. i'm fat af. only move if i go to the toilet or kitchen. hoping that cancer will get me first. if not, gonna kill myself before i turn 30. will die alone either way.
>>
>>726370849
I'm in bed a lot but I don't sleep that much and I do use my phone a lot but random videos and articles help distract me so that's my only reasoning for it.
>>
Salvia Plath - I was all over her
Such a depressingly beautiful song
>>
>>726357240
Try tapping into the hypnagogic state of consciousness:
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2015/02/18/hypnagogic-nap/
Link's not the best, but gives you an overview.
>>
>>726371433
try and look how you browse.
Is it random do you jump a lot, cause in the end it will also become a thinking habit, so the thoughts jump from one to another - that's why asked about your computer time.
don't have a solution to this, maybe take some time off?
Some friend told me that looking on the wall (preferably with nothing on it) for 15 minutes will help focus. Never tried it, but it helped him focus.
>>
>>726372115
Sounds really interesting actually. Might give it a go
>>
>>726372218
It would be. I jump a lot on the internet because I get into a lot of different topics.
I would take time off it but it can be difficult sometimes. It's just easy to get lost on things.
I try it from time to time. It works and it doesn't. Depends on how muddled your thoughts are before you do it
>>
i started smoking weed instead of antidepressants working kinda well for me
>>
From my experiences to overcome depression you have to occupy yourself with something.

More free time = More time to hate yourself
>>
>>726373023
I smoke it every now and then but it really fucks me up with paranoia. If I smoke for too long I just think too much. Works for a lot of people tho
>>
>>726372877
Try harder, let it become a habit, for example not using the phone in the morning, so you really get bored and it'll give you time too think about what to do, or think about life etc.
You will have a clearer mind with time of.
I realized that i felt like a zombie when i started my day with looking at the screen, and unmotivated to get shit done.
>>
>>726373872
Yeah. I'll give it a go. I usually listen to music to motivate me in the morning but I just end up listening to sad shit and staying there for longer haha
It's just that there's not much to do at my parents. When I lived in my college town I could walk about and go for a drink or something because it was all close. It's just keeping occupied
>>
Hang in there lads. Life is one big shit show but stick together and you'll achieve your happiness. Then you can finally experience what it's like off of life's wild ride
>>
Can't stop thinking about my ex. Half a year since we broke up, I still care about her. Every time someone mentions her i get all stressed up and stuff, anyone here who experienced the same thing?
>>
File: 1489338290354.jpg (379KB, 1797x976px) Image search: [Google]
1489338290354.jpg
379KB, 1797x976px
Fascinating age of broken people.
>>
I've done a basic course in calligraphy and bookbinding and now have an interest in hand lettering. I'm an absolute beginner in all of the above, but you only get better with practice, so I keep trying.

To get me through more stressful/anxious days, I tend to listen to pieces of Alan Watts's lectures on youtube. Especially to help me fall asleep.

For motivation to get things done during daytime, I listen to some New Retrowave and Vaporwave stuff. The Magnatron album is pretty neat for that.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.