[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Scottish independence? Good or bad idea, given recent events?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 26

File: saltire5.jpg (48KB, 650x458px) Image search: [Google]
saltire5.jpg
48KB, 650x458px
So, Scottish independence?

Good or bad idea, given recent events?
>>
So, fucking greentext incoming:

>be me in 2014, big independence malarkey
>fucking sick of jingoistic racist 'fuck the english' shit
>no need for that shit.jpeg
>mfw actually english and have been living in Edinburgh since 2008. I love the place, I love the people and I intend to stay here as long as I can, cos fuck's sake, England has some beautiful and amazing sights, but fuck me, Edinburgh is like a 100% concentration of that
>I voted to remain in the union in 2014, PRIMARILY because of the EU connection
>Now England and Wales vote to leave the EU
>what about Scotland and Northern Ireland who overwhelmingly voted to stay in?
>Nah, shut your holes, we've a new Thatcher nau
>Right, so where do I FUCKING sign to get the fuck away from the idiot pricks?
>>
>>725413282
>what about Scotland and Northern Ireland who overwhelmingly voted to stay in?

40/60 isn't so overwhelming.

>Nah, shut your holes, we've a new Thatcher nau

May is a thousand times better than Thatcher and apart from everything to do with the internet she is the most competent and trustworthy party leader of them all.
>>
>>725413629
>40/60 isn't so overwhelming

Nah, nor was the 2 fuckin % that swung the vote, prick. 'Voice of the people', yeah, yeah, yeah, my fuckin arse..
>>
I hope Scotland leaves the UK and joins the EU & I hope Northern Ireland joins with the Republic of Ireland.

Would be bad short term but fine in the long term.

I'm Scottish and live in Scotland, I have many English friends but the fact Scotland & NI both voted to remain by sizable margins and now we're both being pulled out with little to no say is absurd.

Northern Ireland will be decimated by Brexit, that's just a fact.

Of course some people voted to leave for legitimate reasons but mostly old English nationalist fucks voted to leave because they're uninformed of racist. Or both, Welsh too.

Under 30's voted to remain by like 70% or 80%. It's all just annoying as fuck and a giant waste of time to be honest.
>>
>>725413921
Get this lad a pint
>>
>>725414135
At last some sense.

I realize not all who voted to leave were racist, but all those who did were racist. As such, you are accountable for those disgusting little Englanders, whether you like it or not, cos your hat's in the same ring now.
>>
As May said, the referendum two years ago was a clear vote (kek 55:45) that Scotland remains

And as we all know, nothing has changed since then.

Fucking Britbongs
>>
>>725412225
Since Scots have lost the concept of freedom by sucking on England's tit for some centuries now, they will surely stay with the EU as they now feel weak and afraid without a master.
They are unworthy of their ancestors' struggles.
>>
>>725414389
May knows damn well that circumstances have changed since then and the majority of Scottish people don't want to leave the EU.

You cheeky cuck!
>>
>>725414135
>ted to leave because they're uninformed of racist.
Typical leftist retard mentality. You're the racist twat.
>>
>>725412225
Getthelube.com
>>
Englishman living down South.
Honestly hope that Scotland votes to leave and NI rejoins the Republic.
Half the problems with the stupid country is that people here think we're special and some sort of big deal in the worldwide scheme of things.
Time for some reality. Maybe then we can quit all this jingoistic nationalist bullshit and focus on actually being a decent country who look after their people, whoever they are.
>>
>>725414515
>>725414541
>>725414617

Hi Nigel, already one too much?
>>
File: IMG_0051.jpg (182KB, 1242x1881px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.jpg
182KB, 1242x1881px
>>725414836
>>
>>725414389
Yep, based on membership of the EU. The game has changed now, child.

Also, 'cuck'. Did you just learn that word? Bless..
>>
Defo not. SNP wants full control of their policies but want to rejoin a union where they take control of certain policies... the irony. Banking headquarters will head down south, which creates 7% of Scottish jobs and generates more income than the oil industry for Scotland. Next question is what currency will we use.. The Euro...hahaha fucking joke.Scotland would turn into Island if we go Independent fuck that.
>>
>>725414198
Appreciate it man
>>
>>725414998
>turn into Island
the fuck?
>>
>>725412225
Fuck of Scotland, all you do is sponge all our money
>>
Then you are as bad as the racists who wanted to stay because they would rather see white european immigration instead of other kinds of colooured migration from the commonwealth etc. Of course you're not, because tarring an entire group of tens of millions of people by the actions of a minority is retarded.
>>
>>725415258
Unless you work in banking or the arms trade, I doubt you contribute jack shit.
>>
>>725415304
>>725414375
>>
>>725414782
That's what we all want, right? Look after our own, not go for the kneecap job the Tories and the UKIP cunts are going for. The UK is fucked as it is, we ain't getting any special favours from anyone. We've already seen factory closures due to the devaluation of the pound post brexit..
>>
>>725415304
Ah, this argument. The greatest strawman argument of them all. Absolute horseshit, of course, but gotta love the leave folks who keep chatting it.
>>
>>725414998
>Island
>>
File: hitlermeme.jpg (60KB, 960x665px) Image search: [Google]
hitlermeme.jpg
60KB, 960x665px
>>725412225

>be scottish
>move to australia as a brit
>be australian
>move to britain as an australian
>vote NO to scottish independence
>vote YES to leave the EU
>mfw everything went according to plan
>move back to australia a month later

You can't blame me, that place is a shithole.
>>
>>725415258
All you do is wank off to make your pussy lager-tops-drinking lightweights feel something other than permanent existential despair.
>>
File: 1488138742127.gif (674KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1488138742127.gif
674KB, 245x180px
>>725415699
>>
>>725412225
Scottish independence? You hillniggers need to learn your place.
>>
>>725415687
enjoy your skin cancer.
>>
>>725412225
Leaving means we stick to Europe and a lovely globalist agenda or we stay with moron English in an attempt to actually remain more independent than if we left lol such a backwards world.
>>
>>725415687
You're a cunt
Enjoy your slow melanoma death
Or deadly insect bite, or what the fuck ever down there..
>>
File: 61677132_p0.jpg (721KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61677132_p0.jpg
721KB, 1000x1500px
>>725415885

I'm a [spoiler]NEET[/spoiler], so I stay indoors.
>>
>>725416115
you win this round, Bruce.

Well, enjoy inflated grocery prices due to being fucking miles away from everywhere else. BOOM.
>>
>>725415852
You Morris-Dancing cunts need to learn to drink something stronger than shandy, fags, then MAYBE we'll address you as men.
>>
>>725412225
I thought the UK was going well after the brexit
>>
Im Scottish and people who think independence would make this country better are just a bunch of left winged poofs tbh....would turn into Sweden if we did.
>>
>>725416268
Also, no decent video games
>>
>>725416356
enjoy killing yourself with cheap joyless booze while we wealthy southerners buy up all your decent whisky.
>>
>>725416417
And what would be wrong with that, exactly, ya fuckin ned?
>>
>>725416413
Brexit hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>725415887
Pretty much this. I cannot decide who I hate more. Westminster or Brussels. The former is a fucking useless goverment of aging reality-divorced pedophiles who cannot run a country to save themselves. The latter is just a puppet of the powers that be, who have the sole intention of trying to turn all the countries of the world into vassal states of the global bank. Fuck that.

I voted to stay and I lost. All this squealing and blustering needs to end since it's only creating more prolonged and needless chaos. "I love democracy, but only when it works for me!"

What we all need to do now is honour the vote, get our backs behind and make this fucker work. Also, I would quite like to see an independent Scotland, but I wouldn't want the SNP to run it. The long term brainwashing has run deep. Sturgeon should clean up her own constituency before thinking about how she could run a country.
>>
>>725416557
He can't speak Swedish.
>>
>>725416523
As if you could handle it without a hefty dose of tonic, faggot
>>
>>725416591
I mean after the announcement.
>>
>>725416356
> maybe we'll address you as men
> national costume is a skirt

lol
>>
Can Scotland actually afford to go indepemdent, they'd not have the revenue to continue with their government spending as they get more money from us than they give us.
And they'd have no national borrowing power because they have no track record, and westminster would force them to take debt with them as they leave, its just a reality of letting them leave.
>>
>>725416726
I drink it as it comes, friend.
>>
>>725416771
America was fine after Trump was elected.
Now, after the inauguration, not so much.
>>
>>725416810
>they have no track record

Nor does England
The game's changed, lightweight
>>
File: 400x300.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
400x300.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>725416606
MORE OF THIS SORT OF REASONABLE COMMENTARY
>>
>>725416810
Maybe they will be able to somehow monetise cirrhosis of the liver.
>>
>>725417112
no you shut up.
>>
>>725416912
From a gay man's penis, OK OK, you do you
>>
>>725417154
How dare he!
>>
>>725416991
We have the track record of paying interest on the debt, givimg us a great national credit rating, which Scotland doesn't have
And no investement bank in theor right minds will give a new Scotland the same interest rates as an established country
>>
>>725417115
Or export huge levels of Irn Bru
>>
File: 118.jpg (20KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
20KB, 600x424px
>>725412225
Anything is better than being ruled by the incompetent, self serving parasites that make up the British Government. I voted Yes in 2014 and will vote Yes again no matter what.
>>
>>725417409
Fair points. Last referendum there was some amount of shite thrown around by both sides. "Oil will fund us!" Then the oil industry died on it's arse. I think a more realistic concern for Scotland is if it does become independent, how will it get into the EU? Member states such as Spain are aggressive as fuck about countries getting independence (I wonder why...) and will flatly deny Scotland entry. The only real telling thing would be to find out what will happen if the Barnett formula is removed. Even the man himself said it was a terrible mistake and should have only been in place for a short time. Finding actual concrete figures on this is predictably near impossible. Every Scottish source claims England sucks them try, while every English source claims the opposite.
>>
>>725416988
Kek, one thing has nothing to do with the other and as far as I know America is doing relatively well, I'm seeing that you're an idiot who puts ideology above money.
>>
>>725417244
haha. Touché, Professor. You must be the head of the debating team at Edinburgh University.
>>
>>725412225
Ausfag here. I think it'd be cool for your guys' cultural and national identity but it'd prob fuck your economy. I reckon just do what you guys think is right and don't forget to vote. I seriously don't get how other countries don't have compulsory voting.
>>
>>725417409

>we have the track record of pying interest on the debt

from before or after you left the biggest economy in the world?

from before or after you lost all free trade agreements with alkl the important countries in the world?

from before or after you were the center of the financial sector in europe?

but i guess that doesn't matter at all. now you just have all the costs to participate in the eu, like switzerland or norway, who don't want the uk to join efta, because they don't want you to fuck up their economies, but you have no right to make the rules at all.

believe me, before america is great again, britain will long be.
>>
>>725417834
Nah, I prefer money.
Which is why I prefer not to divorce myself from all my main trading partners with no guarantee of any future trade deal, while also simultaneously jeopardising the tax base of the nation that comes from the financial hub of the City of London.
>>
>>725416810
>they get more money from us than they give us
Then why did all the major UK parties (plus ukip) want us to stay in the union? You're an idiot, you have it the wrong way round, Scotland is a net contributor to the UK, we pay more taxes and therefore get more funding per capita through the barnet formula, but that still doesn't mean we get more than we put in.
>>
>>725417802
The whole idea of Scotland going independent is so hard to find realistic figures for, all I know is Nicola Sturgeon is crazily obsessed with it
I honestly want to know people's reasons for wanting to leave other than 'fuck the English' and the EU issue, because there mist be some reason 45% of them supported it last time
>>
File: 123456.jpg (45KB, 550x545px) Image search: [Google]
123456.jpg
45KB, 550x545px
>>725416606
The point really came down to the devil you know or the devil you don't

ENGLAND made sure that retards got corralled into the booths just enough to inch that 2%. Apparently the drool on the cards didn't nullify the vote.

Either way, we have to look at the facts of the matter. Fact #1 Brexit was a bad idea, and only advisory, and only voted for by 35% of the eligible voting public. Hardly the 'will of the people', that the idiot-zine Daily Mail would have you.

Those who voted to remain voted to acknowledge the flaws of the EU and at least try to do something about it, rather than take the ball and go home - which is a bitch move.

Soooo, with the most tenuous of tenuous leads, I suppose the UK has decided to be a bitch, and kill it's economy for the forseeable. Good job, racists, good job idiots. Try getting a decent education now, lol, you can't cos schools work on public funding so you've doomed yourselves and your idiot offspring..
>>
vote yes you fucking cunts
>>
>>725418237
All this.

Just glad that me and my other half have decent jobs that are pretty Brexit proof. Will probably have to privately educate my kids to raise them above the mewling drooling idiot masses. Shut the gates. Release the hounds. Let the fuckers rot.
>>
>>725418019
Yes all these changes were reflected in us losing Triple A credit status and going down to AA, but scotland would start off even lower imo
>>
>>725418106
Because the major parties plus UKIP realise that although Scotland IS a net drain in monetary terms, it is still better to have what they contribute in both economic and cultural terms
>>
File: 1352921866244.jpg (174KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1352921866244.jpg
174KB, 800x600px
>>725416107
>>
>>725415687
hope a kangaroo kicks yer tiny wee baws aff
>>
>>725418223
It's obvious. To get her arse on a throne. Go down in history as the one to free Scotland. Salmond came very close. With how brainwashed a lot of people are and the current domination of the SNP, now is as good a chance as any for them. My feelings about them getting independence for us, but someone else actually leading us stands. Fuck off we're full.

>>725418237
Agreed. So much fearmongering and bullshit is now rampant in politics. The Brexit was fucking disgusting. No facts, no discussion, just months of mudslinging. It was amusing though to watch all the powers cannibalize each other because they had no idea which option would get them more money. Boris fucking Johnson writing a for and against speech too.

Personally, I feel that the British goverment will do what it has always done for hundreds of years. Rather than pay attention to actual findings, facts and figures, it will try to subscribe to 'conventional' wisdom, then act surprised and pretend nothing is wrong when all the facts bite them in the arse and it blows up in their face.

Perhaps a brutal shake up like this is what we're needing, just like America.
>>
>>725417730
Good man
>>
>>725416417
aye right you are mate how could independence possibly improve our country when the english have done such a great job the entire time. why choose our own policies and decide what we spend money on when we can just let the tories do all that hard stuff for us.

you stupid cunt. vote yes.
>>
>>725418434

and yet you are still in the eu.

the real deal will start to show after the next week, when may declares the brexit.

and after that the consequences will slowly start to show. and the mess will be presented in 2 years.

don' get me wrong, i don't think the uk will fall into chaos. but to think that the worst thing has already happend, with the drop from AAA to AA, is somewhat optimistic.

the uk had the best place in the eu. all the benefits will be gone, and even if somehow the uk will remain in the eu, those benefits will stay lost.

actually you did europe a favor. at least in my eyes.
>>
Scotland didn't vote to do anything, and these fucking psephologists need to keep their statistics to themselves.

There was a UK referendum. The UK voted to leave the EU. Anything else is noise and political bullshit
>>
>>725416606
you know you can still vote yes and then not vote SNP to run the newly independent Scottish government
>>
>>725418082
>Nah, I prefer money.
So I apologize. In my opinion the brexit is advantageous in the sense that your country gets a greater autonomy both from the political point of view and from the point of view of economics/market maneuvers principally from Germany who is going full retard,the question is how much this adventure will cost.
>>
>>725419228
my favourite thing is all the dumb shit bits of the UK that no-one gives a shit about, like Cornwall, that get MASSIVE EU grants, will now be getting shit. Seriously, that shit makes me piss my pants with laughter. Those places are fucked. Think the Tories care about anywhere that isn't London or the Home Counties? Those places are gonna rot.
>>
>>725416810
>and westminster would force them to take debt with them as they leave

will they fuck
>>
File: 151.jpg (60KB, 991x902px) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
60KB, 991x902px
>>725418644
What a load of fucking shit, if a certain geographical area is a net drain on an economy then it cant be both a good and bad thing simultaneously like you're trying to say it is.
>>
>>725417568
didn't you hear they fucked irn bru?
>>
>>725419429
that's what the leavers say, based on very little actual evidence. I guess we'll see.
>>
>>725412225
A bad idea that isn't going to happen, Scotland is most likely not going to get a 2nd referendum. And even if they did they would vote No again.
>>
>>725418223
The game has changed.
Honestly, do I need to hammer it into your thick skull again and again, THE GAME HAS CHANGED
>>
>>725419228
I don't support Brexit, but i dob't support the idea of ever closer union with Europe either, federal states may work in Russia, Germany and the USA, but the idea of a more politically integrated Europe is nonsense due to the extreme cultural and language differences
>>
>>725419228
I hope that the shock to the EU makes everyone come to their senses, kick the Federalist fuckwits in the Commission out, abandon this stupid idea of political unity (they only want it because they think they can run it) and go back to being an open trading bloc.

The original ide of the EU uniting Europe worked. The chances of Germany rolling the tanks into Poland and France is nil. We now need a union that works for all the nations, whilst recognising that they are sovereign nations. Hopefully the UK saying "enough, this is not what we signed up for" will make other European countries think "hang on....nor did we".

Then we Europeans can unite to eliminate the greatest threat to Europe - the Commission and its lackies
>>
>>725419506
Yup
>>
>>725419567
I never said it was bad, just that it wouldn't be a viable nation with their current policies on public spending
>>
>>725419620
Aww shit
>>
>>725419323
Yes I do actually. This is why I vote for independence for Scotland.

>>725419758
This. Let's have trade agreements with our European neighbours. Why in the fuck do they suddenly have to be politically binding?
>>
>>725419228
And all those shift keys, all gone, oh no..
But generally agreed though.
>>
>>725419704
I was asking for a reasom why, politely, but no one has given me a reason for leaving other than those two
>>
>>725419479
I know right? It's gonna be fucking hilarious!
>>
>>725416417
Typical response from the type of person whose understanding of society is "SJW's are bad, hur dur dur"
There's more to life than not agreeing with a bunch of sensitive middle class "liberals" who are not actually very liberal by the way they act.
>>
>>725413629

you fucking mentalist. May is probably the worst prime minister of our time, she will preside over the biggest fuckup in UK history, Scotland will be gone under her watch (and she knows it) she will just try to push indy ref 2 back beyond Brexit but it WILL happen. Tories have created more debt in the last 7 years than labour have if you add it all together since UK gov was formed. She has demonstrated zero competence at all, she hasn't done anything, not even triggered article 50 and trust.. fucking up the NHS, fucking up education, police and prison service in meltdown, they only look after their own she is a cunt simple as that, as are all tories, they only care about money and they are fucking shit at managing it. They make gordon brown look like george soros
>>
>>725412225
its like jumping out of a crashing plane, they still goin be fucked but ya still gotta take the chance
>>
>>725420214
To be fair, she's only just started to deal with Cameron and Osbourne's fallout, it's not her fault she' the one to take us out of the EU
Best thing she did was fire Osbourne and give the treasury to Hammond
>>
>>725419871
Of course it would, do you have any idea how much bigger the scottish budget would be once the British government stopped stealing our money?
Do you have any idea what a fully independent parliament could do instead of some shitty devolved institution? I'd have much more faith in the scottish government to introduce policies which actually benefited the economy, instead we have westminster which focuses on London and nowhere else.
>>
>>725418223
I like the idea of Scotland being governed by Scottish people. There is absolutely no representation for any UL citizen who isn't an English Tory since the Tories are the majority party in the HoC. That means whatever the Tories, or more broadly the English, want they get. Scotland voted against bombing Syria but England voted for it so the UK bombed Syria. Scotland voted against leaving the EU but England voted for it so the UK left it. Scotland doesn't want to waste money on the absurdity that is Trident and the renewing costs that come with having something as high maintenance as a nuke but that also never gets used because nukes are fucking USELESS. But England wants nukes, so we throw billions at these shells that might as well be filled with flipflops and newspapers.

The list goes on. I frankly think it is absurd that we as a nation continue to let another country, which has proven time and time again that it does not care for or respect us or our wishes on any level, run our lives.

Fuck English rule and fuck the Queen tae.
>>
>>725420008
Thats all they have. Scotland would be fucked economically if they left. They won't be able to get EU membership as Spain will block them, as they fear separatists in their own country. And the English oil companies won't let the scots nationalise their oil production. Scotland would be totally fucked if they left.
>>
>>725419897
>Let's have trade agreements with our European neighbours. Why in the fuck do they suddenly have to be politically binding?
Look what the Fuckers are doing to Greece. And Greece is mainly in the shit because its government at the time of admission cooked the booked to fudge the numbers and get in - with the help of some big banks and consulting firms (who all did so well in 2008)

Germany currently benefits from a weaker currency than her trading position would normally allow. So Germany exports like fuck. By way of contrast, Greece and the souther European countries suffer from a currency stronger than their position would normally allow - result, they get weaker.

True, that's a simplistic allowance and the Greek government shouldn't have borrowed billions of cheap Euros- but the only reason they could was there was a common interest rate across the Eurozone.
>>
File: cd9.jpg (122KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
cd9.jpg
122KB, 960x960px
>>725420214
>They make gordon brown look like george soros
kek
>>
>>725420521
How much bigger, I'd say how much smaller really
>>
>>725420549
Thank you, I like the honesty of your opinion
>>
>>725420243
No

It's like jumping out of a perfectly fine plane then saying 'I don't need your fucking parachutes'!
>>
>>725412225
Fuck off....with your fucking phone on my fucking face. This is how agitated I am, you fuckung agitated me. I'm still stuck on the roof!
>>
>>725420587
Are you talking about Catalonia and the Basque?

Cos if you are, you're talking out your pee-hole. Scotland has historic precedent of being its own country, wheras those do not (bar certain fantasy novels).
>>
>>725420549
I also find it extremely confusing how we're constantly being told there's no money to fund the NHS or for social programs like helping with the foodbank or homelessness crisis, yet there's always plenty of money to be thrown at the royal family. Whether it be fixing up their literal palace or doubling their annual salary which is in the hundreds of millions. Or doing up the House of Commons. And again, Trident. All together costing multiple billions of pounds.

There's a cognitive dissonance with our funds. We're told there's never enough to fund our necessary social programs but there's always plenty whenever the elite need it.
>>
>>725420835
Do a flip, faggot
>>
File: 571.jpg (65KB, 688x521px) Image search: [Google]
571.jpg
65KB, 688x521px
>>725420654
Once again, Scotland is a net contributor to the UK, you fucking idiot. Plus oil is a finite resource that practically runs the world, if you really think oil prices will stay low until it all runs out then you're completely delusional. It's also complete bollocks that oil is in some way unprofitable when the prices are low too, utter nonsense.
>>
>>725421344
This guy

Listen to this guy
>>
>>725421394
The amount you have, if we let you have it, wont last until the world oil prices rise significantly
>>
>>725421394
Also, once again, it's not
>>
>>725421151
Regardless, Spain will block scottish membership. Nationalism is always stupid we need leaa divisions. I'm a Brit my parents came from other countries because they wanted to be British. They wanted to be part of a strong country that sticks together. You Scotts will go nowhere with your irrational and destructive nationalism. Its bullshit the SNP leader wants her own country not what is best for everyone.
>>
>>725421513
Or don't, if you don't invest in the royals you lose the tourist revenue, the diplomatic value and the entire legal basis of our government and laws
>>
>>725420549
>Scotland doesn't want to waste money on the absurdity that is Trident and the renewing costs that come with having something as high maintenance as a nuke but that also never gets used because nukes are fucking USELESS
Tell that to the North Koreans. Or the Iranians. I assume that, rather than being responsible for your defence, you'd like to cower under the American nuclear umbrella? Well wake up and smell the coffee and listen to Trump's attitude to that. He even suggested that Japan needed its own nukes.

I'm not a fan of MAD, but you can't uninvent them and, while there are fuckwits like the Kims who would use nukes and have used weapons of mass destruction in a public place, the threat of their capitols glowing in the dark if they step too far out of line is the one big card we have to keep them in line.
>>
>>725421816
Britain isn't a country you stupid cunt, it's an island.
>>
Hey
Hey
Daily reminder that Trump needs to be impeached, or just led quietly away by some sort of handler
>>
>>725421876
Paris is the biggest tourist destination in the world.
The slaughtered their aristocracy and it worked out just fucking fine.
>>
>>725421933
GB is a country your simply talking bullshit, probably to distract from my point.
>>
>>725421731
Oh aye is that so?
http://www.n-56.org/updates/scotland-set-oil-bonanza-heralds-new-golden-age-north-sea-lasting-another-century
>>
>>725422016
But Paris is only the biggest destination as it is the city of love and romance, we don't have that, we need the Queen to pull in the punters
>>
>>725422176
She'll be dead soon.
No one likes Charles.
>>
>>725421933
Nice dubs, but it is a country. The British Isles (which you may be thinking of) include Ireland, which is a republic. Also Northern Ireland, but that's part of Britain. I know, it's confusing..
>>
>>725422160
And why do you think you get control of the oil, you'd only have the rights to your territorial waters, British compamies already have the rest locked up
>>
>>725422016
>Paris is the biggest tourist destination in the world
Nope

>Apart from the UN, worldatlas.com has conducted a research in world tourism ranking by cities in 2015. The top ten world's most visited cities by international tourists are London, Bangkok, Paris, Dubai, Istanbul, New York City, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, and Hong Kong.
>>
>>725422289
He'll be dead soon too, everyone loves Wills and Kate
>>
File: 1489450052915.png (321KB, 720x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1489450052915.png
321KB, 720x1205px
>>725421968
>>
>>725421876
>CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCH

Christ's sake man, get a hold of yourself and finish your weak shandy..
>>
>>725422424
They'll be dead soon.
No one likes Prince George.
>>
>>725421931
There's literally no point in anyone having nukes though. No one is going to be enough of a mad man to set one off because it will result in the end of all civilised life as we know it. As well as many other forms of life.

And even if someone does set some off, having your own isn't going to stop anything. Having your own won't stop that missile that's already been launched at you. And if the initial attack wasn't aimed at you then, again, having your own did nothing about anything.

The only thing having nuclear weapons does is waste money and endanger the lives of the people who live within the blast radius where the missile is stored in the event of malfunction, as well as endangering the lives of anyone living somewhere that gets attacked deliberately.

There is not one single positive aspect to nuclear weapons. They're nothing but a huge waste of money and a danger to literally everyone within its vicinity.
>>
>>725422507
Exactly
>CONSTITUTIONAL
Every single facet of government derives it's power from the crown legally.
Also, I don't drink alcohol at all, the perks of a life shortening medical condition
>>
>>725412225

The whole notion of "counties" is archaic and needs to be abandoned.
>>
>>725421931
Aye pal because the North Koreans and Iranians just want to blow Scotland up so fucking much, they just want to destroy Scotland specifically because they hate us so much. Pretty sure having a massive nuclear arsenal makes us more of a target than not. Pretty sure being part of a country that likes invading the middle east makes us more of a target than not. Not to mention the Americans are the only ones who can launch British trident missiles, WE CAN EVEN FIRE THEM UNLESS THE AMERICANS SAY SO.
>>
>>725421931
STOP BEING REASONABLE ON ANONCHAN :(
>>
>>725422557
Obama liked George
Everyone likes Obama
Thus everyone likes george
>>
>>725422597
I dunno, though. The big missiles kinda turn me on.
>>
>>725422309

It's part of the UK, not Britain.
>>
>>725422597
How are we to develop exciting new superheroes without nuclear accidents? Idiot.
>>
>>725422703
But we can fire them, there's the letter in the safe thing
>>
>>725422597
I understand where you come from. I don't like nukes myself. But please understand that the only and longest lasting era of human peace was brought about by nuclear weapons. Mutually Assured Destruction is a fucking horrible thing yes, but it pretty much guaranteed peace by proxy.

Now all the scummy powers are using all sorts of underhanded ways to make their neighbours unstable and get their hooks in. Information is the new warfare, while nukes ensure it doesn't spill into actual warfare.
>>
>>725422756
They'll be dead soon.
No one left to go anywhere.
Checkmate.
>>
>>725422121
>>725422309
nope.

>UK is a union made up of GB and Ireland
>GB is union made of Scotland, England and Wales

The reason there is a need for the distinction between Great Britain and the United Kingdom is because GB refers specifically to the main island, which contains 3/4 of the countries belonging to the political union that makes up the UK.
>>
>>725422827
Scotland is on our island, therefore it is part of Britain
>>
>>725423087

Northern Ireland isn't.
>>
>>725412225
Scottish cunts don't even know how good they have it. We pay for basically everything for them.
I hope they do leave so they can die out like the fungus they are.
If they leave their economy is doomed. The average scottish cunt doesn't even know the first thing about their countries economy or where the money comes from for them to survive.
England pays for these scottish scum to go to university for free whilst the english have to take out huge loans to go to uni.
England pays for them to have free NHS prescriptions whilst we have to pay.
England gives more money to scotland than to any region of England.
If they do have another referendum the cunts should pay for it themselves!!! Not theEnglish tax payer again.
Fuck these ungratefull cunts i hope they all burn to the ground stupid inbred queers.
>>
>>725422352
Are you literally a retard? So you're saying no country on Earth actually owns the oil within it's own borders and territorial waters? It's just the corporations that pocket 100% of the money is it? There's no taxes involved or anything is there?
>>
>>725422597
You are taking a logical, rational approach. This is geo-political and willy-waving.

Plus, there are strategies developed in the cold war where a first strike will mean one side does win, albeit at enormous costs, particularly if you can have a missile defence or know and take out your opponents missile bases - and both sides know where the silos are. Which brings us back to Trident.

I admire your view, but I think you are idealistic and naive. You can't put the genie back, so we have to make sure it doesn't give wishes to one side only.
>>
>>725422967
I'm sure George will get enough poontang in his life to make an heir or two
>>
>>725422827
M8 what country do Northern Ireland and Scotland represent in the Olympics? Its team GB bro. Why are you being dumb like this on purpose?
>>
>>725422289

I'm looking forward to Charles III
That'll be fun
Big green rights man, save the whales and whatnot, save the squirells.
Bit more 'into it' than his mum was
Not that there's a constitutional prerogative as such, but, you know, there kinda is..
>>
>>725423241
He's sterile due to centuries of inbreeding.
>>
>>725423189
I'm saying you'd only get a small pkrtion and we'd keep the rest going through us where it wasn't in your waters to be legally yours
>>
About 185 countries seem to cope without nuclear weapons, with varying degrees of success.

Brits are just obsessed with maintaining the illusion of being powerful, hence they have to have nuclear penis extensions.
>>
>>725423334
Kate brought in new blood
>>
>>725422979
What about the Olympic games where Northern Irish athletes are on team GB. The Olympics in which team GB kicked chinas arse and the rest of the world besides America.
>>
>>725423473
Kate was merely the vessel.
>>
>>725422703
Oh I don't think North Korea is a fan of haggis. And Kim hates the west, so if he goes postal, don't think he'll pore over a map and say "I rike wiskey - ret's not nuke Scotrand, but does bastard Eulopeans can go.
>>
>>725423201
I guess I just wish the rest of the world took the same approach as me
>>
>>725423545
Team GB is just a brand name for the Olympic Team of Great Britain and Northern Island.

Just like the England cricket team is actually England and Wales.
>>
>>725423247

No, the people whonamed the team "Team GB" are stupid. (Or, they like most of the rest of the country don't give a fuck about the bogtrotters)

The United Kingdom Of Great Britain & Northern Ireland.

NI is part of the UK but not part of Great Britain.
>>
>>725421394

You are not a net contributor. Get over it.
Feel free to leave, you have no chance of being accepted into the EU superstate project you seem to love so dearly. It would take years to get accepted in which time, your economy would tank.
Enjoy paying for your free universities and healthcare without London paying for it.
>>
>>725423566
Who provided half the DNA as well
>>
>>725423732
Turkey baster. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>725423545
the UK chooses to represent itself as GB at the Olympics, and as such competitors from any of the 4 UK countries compete under the same label
>>
>>725422686
Counties?

I'd be tempted to agree, fuck Strathclyde and fuck Fife, Lothian all the fucken weyy!
>>
>>725423806
Aww shit, you got me there
The lizard genes live on
>>
Let's face it here, between the SNP and Sinn Fein the days of the UK are numbered. Might as well get in with it on that basis.
>>
This thread is being derailed. At the wnd of the day the Scots want independence because of emotional reasons. The cold hard fact is Scotland would be economically fucked if they left the UK.
>>
File: 1472706558806.png (251KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
1472706558806.png
251KB, 1190x906px
>>725423159
>>
>>725423975
NO YOU SHUT UP
>>
>>725423394
Who would keep the rest? Literally who, who the fuck are you talking about? Are you talking about the UK? Because once we become independent, oil taxes within Scottish/former British waters will go to Scotland and not England. I seriously don't know how you think the British government would receive profit made in a different country.
>>
>>725423635
You could apply that to many things, like slavery, ISIS, child labour, poverty, hunger, famine, global warming, war, migrant crises, lack of clean water, killing elephants, tigers and rhinos to satisfy rich Asians' belief in witchcraft......the list is fucking endless, but politics is sometimes called "the art of the possible". So until nuclear conflict is impossible, we need Trident. Sorry, but there it is.
>>
>>725423975
It would also be sexually fucked by many men.
>>
>>725422703
He means 'CAN'T'

But still, listen closely brothers. This man speaks wisely.
>>
>>725424026
The truth is hard to swollow sometimes but its better than being in denial.
>>
We're going to build a wall and England are going to pay
>>
>>725424049
>So until nuclear conflict is impossible, we need Trident.
Actually no we don't. We could just stop funnelling absolutely absurd amounts of money into a WMD that will never get used. And life would be the exact same as it is now, except we would have a few more billion in the budget and less nuclear explosions to worry about.
>>
>>725424028
Yes, those taxes would go to you, but the vast majority of oil is not in territorial waters, so most of the taxes would stay with us
You only got 6 miles out, whereas we have the rest due to private british companies already drilling that oil
>>
>>725423729
How about you get over it? Yeah the British government hates our scrounging arses so fucking much that they only begged us to stay so that they can continue to steal our wealth. Why don't you just let us go if we're such a massive burden, stop kidding yourself.
>>
>>725424001
England does pay for the Scottish to have free healthcare prescriptions and university studies, and in doing so forces the English to have to pay for their own cause it would cost too much.
The only thing that leeches off England more than the Scottish is us Welsh.
>>
>>725424344
Thats not why we begged you to stay, we begged because we like you as people
>>
>>725424277
That's the point, the whole idea is that they will never be used. Trident is important for Global security.
>>
Basing Scottish independence off the EU referendum is ridiculous. Plenty of places in England voted to stay, but these devolved fucking parliaments letting Scottish nationalism grow...
Selfish bastards I'd say, turn to the English when they need help then turn away when we need to act united through tough times later.
It affects the whole union, I don't see why the rest of the union have no say.
Fuck 'em, they can be another beggar in the EU... Supporting themselves with the 3 tourists who go there each year alongside the kilt industry.
Anyway, how the shit do they market their independence? They have more than their fair share of say in the union, disproportionately, and I'd bet funding goes more into Scotland than out.

The UK is better off without them.
>>
>>725424218
>swollow
>>
>>725424548
Whatever I'm still right nigga.
>>
>>725422951
Yes - but MAD only works with two players. Not three or four. This is kinda why we get our knickers in a twist when India and Pakistan get shirty with each other.

Now, don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less for those shitting-in-public goatfuckers. BUT, if nukes were used even once (more than in WW2, obvs) that would 'normalize' nukes as a viable defence/offence option, which we all DO NOT WANT
>>
>>725424495
No it's not. Just because we have Trident and we haven't been nuked does not prove that we need to keep Trident in order to continue not being nuked.
>>
>>725424652
>swollow
>>
So selfish. Don't like the tories? Should we vote for the opposition and try to help get a strong opposition voice throughout the whole union?
No fuck that I'm out.
>>
>>725424277
>And life would be the exact same as it is now, except we would have a few more billion in the budget and less nuclear explosions to worry about.
And no way to stop an aggressor who decided to nuke London, because he could. For example, like...oh I don't know....like someone who grew up in the KGB, lived through the cold war, thought that his glorious USSR was betrayed by weak leaders, wants to see his country great again and is not above rolling his tanks into sovereign countries (that just happen not to be part of NATO). Not that anyone like that could ever come into power in the 21st century.
>>
>>725424290
That's not how it works, British oil fields within the exclusive economic zone of Scotland would come under the control of Scotland.
>>
>>725425010
Bit i'm saying most of the oil isn't in that exclusive zone of control, so most of the oil wouldn't go to Scotland
>>
>>725425009
(cont)
Remember the words of Teddy Roosevelt "speak softly and carry a big stick"...Trident is a fucking big stick.
>>
>>725424716
Say Pakistan went rouge. They wanted to nuke the infidels that have no abality to retaliate. Say some day NATO doesn't exist. Any amount of ahit could happen. If we have the nukes we have MAD that will make rouge or irrational actors think shit. We will get nuked as well if we fuck with these guys. And that is how global security works. Its crazy but that ia reality.
>>
>>725415258
i don't get how this is still something the English actually believe, if we were sponging money, why would there even be a pushback against independence?
>>
>>725424756
Still right swollow my cum, bitch
>>
>>725425191
>went rouge
Oh no, not those red pakistanis
>>
Who else was in Glasgow today?
Anyone else notice there were a lot of foreign whole families kicking about town?
More so than usual.
>>
>>725424455
Aye sure it is. Because y'know, Nigel Farage just loves cultures that aren't English.
>>
As an American, I don't know much about this subject and I'd appreciate it if a local could give me the jist of whats happening and how it relates to Brexit. Maybe a list of pros and cons too, since there seems to be quite a bit of both.
>>
>>725425246
Cultural affinity
>>
>>725425262
>swollow
>>
>>725425246
>The English are one person.
>>
>>725416809
best fighters in history wore skirts m8
>>
>>725425323
Farage likes the scots, it's UKIP, not Englidh Independence Party
Also, thankfully Farahe has no power
>>
>>725425191
Well you can be assured that the Yanks will find an excuse to invade Pakistan long before that happens.
>>
>>725424716
The converse applies. You can't disprove that the only reason we haven't been nuked is because we have Trident (and the rest of the nuclear arsenal that goes to make up NATO's nuclear response capability)
>>
>>725425415
Who would they be then, not the scots by any measure
>>
>>725425009
I can't say I'm concerned about that since I don't live in a fucking action movie, but even if we entertain your ludicrous fantasy I would like to again point out that if a Russian had committed his entire life to nuking London I highly doubt the knowledge that there's a few nukes hidden away up in Scotland that threaten to be sent back his direction would put him off. And like in your scenario if the bombing actually happened, what then? London+ most of Britain is entirely fucked up and all you've done is maybe inflict the same damage back on the civilians of the country of the man that sent the initial bomb.

You haven't defended SHIT.
>>
>>725425326
Ok. Voting for Brexit is slightly less dumb than voting for Trump, but in the same ballpark.
There ya go.
>>
>>725425279
I'm on mobile its shitty and of course I've had a drink. And of course i mean rogue. I'm still understood don't try to distract. Ita simply how the world has worked since 1949.
>>
>>725425415

Doesn't change how faggy your attire is.
>>
>>725425323
Yes, you can see how much he dislikes america.

You're a fucking tard.
>>
>>725425618
I know, i just like to take the piss, i support trident
>>
>>725412225
depends on how the deal they negotiate with the bongs and how other election in the EU go, if France goes, it might be enough dominoes falling where continued EU membership isn't worth splitting off from bongland.
>>
>>725425491
America could fall dude, we are living in crazy times who knows how history will unfold
>>
>>725425507
I can actually. We were not the first nation have a nuclear WMD and we haven't ever been nuked.
>>
>>725412225
you realize how many guys died in scotland trying to win your independence? now you faggots have a chance to do it just by showing up a poll to vote

if you faggots dont uncuck yourselves, i dont even know what to say
>>
>>725425563
Well OBVIOUSLY I've heard as much.
But WHY? People kept saying that Brexit was more about trade deals than the refugee crisis. But what about Scotland? Do they also have issues with their trade deals?
>>
>>725425645
He only likes the white bits of America. Or orange if it's Trump. Or brown, if it's Trump's ring.
>>
>>725425713
Gud.
>>
>>725425813
I'm not summing up all that shit. Read the fucking news, dude.
>>
>>725425813
we're not google you cunt go read up on it yourself
>>
If at first you don't secede ...
>>
>>725425817
M8 Farage is many things but the guy isn't a racist. Maybe the rest of ukip are idk.
>>
>>725425912
...Go home and have a pint
>>
>>725425246
Scottish people are thick as shit.
We English can't understand it which is why we hate you for this.
We give you your cake so you can eat it, your now throwing the cake in our faces.
Fuck you scottish scum.
Fuck off.
>>
>>725425895
>the fucking news
Then you're a useless cunt, aren't you? I asked for details and all you're doing is shitposting insults. I can't read the fucking news, because its all FAKE. Or don't YOU read the fucking news, you dumb piece of shit? That's why I prefaced it with "as an American", because "AS AN AMERICAN" I cannot trust my fucking news sources anymore.
>>
>>725425995
Farage is the very definition of a racist.
>>
I'm a Jockbong living in England, so I probably won't get a vote, which is annoying.

If I did, I would vote to stay part of the UK. If the UK as a whole is fucked outside the EU, which I believe it will be, Scotland will be twice as shagged outside the UK and the EU (despite the Bravehearts' protestations).

Even if we managed to leave the UK and stay in the EU, we'd still be looking at a situation with real, manned borders north of Carlisle and Berwick.

Fuck that nonsense.
>>
>>725425164
Well for fuck sake if it's not within the exclusive economic zone then it doesn't go to the UK either and nothing would change.
>>
>>725425543
>I don't live in a fucking action movie,
You aren't aware that Russia has annexed Crimea and is sending its troops into Ukraine under the guise of supporting nationalists? You're not aware that Putin is an ex-KGB officer who does regret the fall of the USSR, which he blames on weak leadership at the time and, now he is in power, wants to make Russia great again? Are you aware that he was Preseident, then Prime Minister (with a puppet President and all power moved to the PM role) then President again (with the power all miraculously moved back)?

You are living in an action movie, my friend. And the hero can't dodge bullets like in John Wick.
>>
>>725425326
Scottish voted to remain in the EU 60-40.
In the last election the relative left wing opposition who usually hold Scotland lost it all to the Scottish National Party.
The cons are lack of UK tax funding and general strength.
A pro is the possibility of leaching off the EU instead.
The other thing is representation, as the right wing tories now firmly hold the UK (them all voting out the left wing opposition didn't help), and the Scots are more left in a lot of senses. This is a bit ridiculous as their devolved parliament gives them more influence than their population warrants anyway.
Also we're keeping nuclear missiles in Scotland and they don't want them.
>>
>>725425326
Most of Scotland wanted to stay in the EU. Overall, the UK wanted to leave. They now want a second referendum (they had one just a few years ago) to become an independent country so they can join the EU again.

Pros -
Sovereignty

Cons -
They instantly want to give it to the EU super state.
>>
>>725422951
the cold war not kicking off big-style was down to one guy in a russian sub having a conscience , nukes are fucking dumb
>>
>>725426139
He ain't though, just because he wants to limit migration he's not a racist
>>
>>725426092
Holy shit are you retarded?
>English
Oh wait, yeah you are.
>>
>>725425799
they'd be taking their cues from Sweden then.
>>
>>725426139
You can't even explain why or how he is one. Muppet.
>>
>>725426150
could not give less of a fuck about having manned borders with england m8
>>
>>725426133
It's not all fake you buffoon. If you're not smart enough to know which news sources are reputable, then explaining the complexities of Brexit to you would be like explaining quantum mechanics to a pigeon.
>>
>>725425799
Oh, FFS. That fucking Australian and his mis-telling of history
>>
>>725426177
It doesn't go to the UK, but the companies that drill the oil are UK registered businesses, so we still get the tax money
>>
>>725426183
Says a lot that the only part of my argument you're happy to reply to is to challenge my opinion that real life is not John Wick.
>>
>>725426150
Or you could, I don't know, have an open border like Ireland and Northern Ireland?
>>
>>725426349
You might when your EU quota of refugees aren't allowed to cross it.
>>
>>725426133
>"AS AN AMERICAN" I cannot trust my fucking news sources anymore.
No. You are listening to your president, who has a vested interest in making you not believe your independent news sources (a free press being one of the three legs of the stool of your constitution, the other independent one being the judiciary - and he's after that too)
>>
>>725426342
He described Obama as a "creature".
He consistently unfavourably judges large groups of people based on their religion and race.
He's on record as having sung Hitler Youth songs.
He only wants close ties with countries with white English speaking majorities.
He's also a cunt.
>>
>>725426691
Not all cunts are racist, you for example
>>
File: laughinginfreedom.jpg (80KB, 736x556px) Image search: [Google]
laughinginfreedom.jpg
80KB, 736x556px
>>725426379
>tfw I'm a physics major and understand quantum mechanics better than your reasoning skills
We're done here "lad". Even if you tried to "explain", you probably don't even fully grasp the concepts yourself. I wouldn't even trust your interpretation of the color "red" let alone your opinion on Scottish politics.
>>
>>725426647
don't fall for the meme that all pro-independence scots are also pro-immigration/refugee
>>
>>725426787
No, but he is. He's a racist cunt.
I'm a clever cunt.
>>
>>725426615
They won't get to keep an open border either. They'll be customs duties to be paid once Brexit goes through, m8.The north will be better off joining up with Éire.
>>
>>725426691
Non of that is an argument. Don't you judge large groups of people? Such as the English?
>>
>>725425355
>implying that's the first person who's ever made that argument

i see it the whole time man
>>
File: 1459621531914.png (94KB, 281x301px) Image search: [Google]
1459621531914.png
94KB, 281x301px
>>725426688
>independent
Which ones are those?
>>
>>725426801
>We're done here "lad". Even if you tried to "explain",.........
Not him, but really? You expect to be taken seriously with a post that starts like that - and uses quotation marks?
>>
>>725426801
Well, i guess how you can explain how you're simultaneously a physics major and a fucking retard who is incapable of picking up a newspaper or using google properly. Kinda like wave/particle duality. Except way more retarded.
>>
>>725426836
It won't matter if you're pro or anti immigration. You'll have to take your EU quota and, in any case, any refugee in Europe will have the right to come to Scotland, desu.
>>
>>725425540
romans, greeks, those sort of lads
>>
>>725426947
I am English. And I know that plenty of my countrymen are fine upstanding people. And plenty are fucking idiots.
>>
>>725425638
what's your attire then?
>>
>>725426858
Thats bullshit it was an open border before the EU. Those agreements still exist. Have you ever considered if you have to lie to get your point across you might be wrong?
>>
>>725427067
Easy, autism
>>
File: 1480606403439.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480606403439.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>725423159
>being this new
>being this naive

You go think that, champ
>>
>>725427072
I'd much rather have a quota of refugees as well as my own government rather than living under English rule and maybe less brown people?
>>
>>725427235
Oh, ZING, boom, you got me there, what a retort! From the man who apparently cannot read.
>>
>>725426218

An independent Scotland in europe would have more sovereignty than one out of europe but in the uk.
>>
>>725427081
Best fighters in history were, and it paons me to say it, the French, they have the best historical track record
>>
>>725427261
Those are facts retard.
Read a book.
>>
>>725427006
They're the best you have, and were conceived by your founding fathers as a way of preventing one branch or one man having too much power.

Without them, you could argue that you, and your constitution on which your country is founded, are fucked. I'm pretty sure that the press wasn't popular with Nixon, either. "Fake News" is just the 21st century way of saying "There will be no whitewash in the white house"
>>
>>725426435
Aye but we'd still have more oil per capita than we would have if we were part of the UK. It's a no-brainer. 8.4% of the UK population while estimates are that around 70-90% of UK oil is within Scottish waters.
>>
File: 1336323884847.jpg (80KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1336323884847.jpg
80KB, 240x240px
>>725427374
THESE are the facts
>>
>>725427362
The FRENCH? If their tanks had 5 gears, 4 of them would be reverse.
>>
File: 1416287858299.png (8KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1416287858299.png
8KB, 493x402px
>>725426092
>scottish people are thick as shit
>the rest of your post
>>
>>725427317
Oh, im not the american, i was just saying he has autism
>>
>>725427148
Well Nigel Farage is a millionaire and one of the few people in politics to have actually acomplished his goals. You on the otherhand are on /b/ and are not a millionaire. Just some food for thought.
>>
>>725427179
Don't want to row, m8, but do you think the Sassenachs, after voting to leave the EU are going to be happy about refugees and immigrants wandering into the north and thereby gaining entry to the UK. Most of the leavers had immigration in the top of their thoughts when they voted.
>>
File: 1466193090730.jpg (30KB, 236x231px) Image search: [Google]
1466193090730.jpg
30KB, 236x231px
>>725427067
Wow, now you're just being autistic on purpose.
>I need details
>READ THE NEWS KEK GOOGLE IT
>I can't trust the news
>READ THE NEWS KEK GOOGLE IT UR DUMB
Anything else you want to contribute to the conversation, while we're all here? Theres no point to you.

Theres no point to any of you. I admit that I don't know something, I asked for a locals opinion, and I get >>725427040
>>725427067
>>725426379
>>725425895
this.

No facts, no sources, no information whatsoever. Just useless shitposting and somehow I'M the dumb one in this scenario. This logic is fucking hilarious. At best, I have 3 people who cannot fully comprehend the English language of my original post and actually provide the information I was asking for to begin with. I wasn't asking for some possibly biased news outlets interpretation, because then I WOULDVE fucking googled it. I was asking for a locals take on the whole thing. And seeing as how NONE of you have delivered, I conclude that NONE of you are locals and are therefore autistic. This will be my last post. I'd rather google it, and get a filtered version, than hear the fucking truth from the horses mouth. What an accomplishment you made here today. Instead of actually ENGLIGHTENING a "dumb American kek", you just told them to google it instead. And you wonder why no one takes your entire country seriously.
>>
>>725427397
And with oil prices so low you'll get very little out of that oil.
>>
>>725427465
But I am happy. And someone like Farage will never be happy.
>>
>>725427486
Immigration was bottom of my list of reasons for brexit
>>
>>725427362
can't argue against that
>>
>>725427292
>ruled by England meme
M8 we've done as much ruling as being ruled
>>
>>725427554
>No facts, no sources, no information whatsoever. Just useless shitposting and somehow I'M the dumb one in this scenario. This logic is fucking hilarious. At best, I have 3 people who cannot fully comprehend the English language of my original post and actually provide the information I was asking for to begin with. I wasn't asking for some possibly biased news outlets interpretation, because then I WOULDVE fucking googled it. I was asking for a locals take on the whole thing. And seeing as how NONE of you have delivered, I conclude that NONE of you are locals and are therefore autistic. This will be my last post. I'd rather google it, and get a filtered version, than hear the fucking truth from the horses mouth. What an accomplishment you made here today. Instead of actually ENGLIGHTENING a "dumb American kek", you just told them to google it instead. And you wonder why no one takes your entire country seriously.
Do calm down and fuck off, there's a good chap.
>>
>>725427662
You've had more than your fair share of PMs, Chancellors, foreign and home secretaries
>>
>>725427581
Well so does the UK then doesn't it? Again it's nonsense to presume the even with oil prices being as low as they are right now that it isn't profitable. Oil being a finite resource will ALWAYS be profitable and will only ever increase in value the more it runs out. It's called supply and demand.
>>
File: mah nigguh.png (90KB, 318x235px) Image search: [Google]
mah nigguh.png
90KB, 318x235px
>>725415687
>>
>>725427554
Oh wow. And YOU wonder why everyone thinks your country is full of morons.

The background for Brexit and the Scottish Union goes back LITERALLY A THOUSAND YEARS. You want me to try and sum that up, on /b/, for you. For free. In my own time. With sources to back it all up. Because you are too lazy to do your own research, and too stupid to be able to ascertain which sources are biased and which are reliable.

Why should I waste my time on you? An imbecile.
>>
>>725427619
Good for you, you enlightened soul. Ask around for other peoples reasoning. I'm not saying immigration will be the most common answer, but it'll be in the top one.
>>
>>725427662
I'm referring to the fact theat all of the people in power are english, not that the english people have more power than the scottish people. Don't be dumb.
>>
>>725427486
Idk if your talking about a hypothetical independent Scotland ita not going to happen. So thats a moot point, besides immigration isn't q big issue for me.
>>
>>725425246
People believe it because it's true. You get hundreds of millions from England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
It's just fact google it.
>>
File: spoderman.jpg (12KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
spoderman.jpg
12KB, 352x288px
>>725423729
YFW we get fast-tracked in and your regional areas go to fuck
>>
>>725427873
But and independent Scotland will need quick money to prop itself up. Also as you said it's finite so Scotland cannot rely on that as a long term economic strategy. Economically the idea of independent Scotland makes no sense especially outside of the EU. Which Scotland would be as Spain would block Scottish membership.
>>
>>725427989
At the moment. We've got 10% of the population of England and I'm proud that we've contributed a fucload more than that in every conceivable metric - including governing politicians. Fuck sake m8, the prime minister before last was a Jock. The two either side of him had Jock names.
>>
>>725428074
yep, and we pay on average £800 more back in tax per head than the rest of the UK, so you're talking shite
>>
>>725424344
We need a place to keep the missiles which no-one would miss should something go wrong.
>>
>>725428451
You pay that extra then get that extra back, alongside those hundreds of millions. How can you not think there's inequality in funding when you all get free universities?
>>
>>725428451
Thats bullshit. You pay less back per head than anyone else. Fact.
>>
>>725427554
Coming to /b/ to ask for lengthy nuanced political opinions is like going to McDonalds for a healthy nutritious meal. You were right to be mocked. You are dumb, and arrogant with it.

Imagine a Brit stumbling into a conversation about the US election and demanding a complete rundown of everything that'd happened up to that point. Extraordinary.
>>
File: 847.gif (63KB, 398x336px) Image search: [Google]
847.gif
63KB, 398x336px
>>725424756
SWOLLOW
>>
>>725425326
The fundamental problem, as I see it is this. For reasons I won't go into now, the UK Government decided to hold a national referendum on membership of the EU, which they promptly and to their surprise lost. For reasons I've asked my MP but received no explanation for, the Government treated the referendum vote as if it was an election run in constituencies, with the results announced by constituency - this is flawed as it was a single referendum. So instead of us just having a single line answert to the question of the EU which is "48/52 - we're off", we end up with endless arguments about this fucking town voted "stay", that fucking county voted "leave", Scotland voted "stay". It's all bullshit and should never have been given the data and the ammunition for it to be discussed .

The UK, as a whole, voted "leave". End of.

now the ScotsNats are jumping on the bandwagon because they will never stop until they leave the UK.

I have two hopes.

1. They get a referendum and lose. They are fucked for ever.
2. They get a referendum and win, and within a short period the debts will mount and taxes will have to rise - and they're fucked for ever.
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.