[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

opinions on cultural appropriation?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: images.jpg (12KB, 180x280px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 180x280px
opinions on cultural appropriation?
>>
>>725196180
are you fucking retarded?
>>
white people are the new slaves
>>
>>725196132
you're an idiot and no one can read your shitty thumbnail.
>>
>>725196132
Absolute leftist nonsense. People calling themselves "liberal" but who are so painfully authoritarian that they want to restrict cultural activities to specific racial and ethnic groups because... well... it's 2015? No? These people aren't cancer: they're lupus.
>>
There's a difference between historical reenactment and cultural appropriation. Historical reenactment is based off of people sharing their own culture for knowledge or entertainment, or allowing others to take part without being rude or offensive. Cultural appropriation is based off of power and taking things away from other people for your own enjoyment w/o benefit to them.

With how spergy you seem, I really hoped you had been to at least one ren faire in your life. Given your prowess at being unable to upload a decent fucking image for your OP, maybe you should try it. It might suit you at this point.
>>
>>725197785
hurr durr my names chad and i want 2 wear a headdress 2 my next redskins game waaaaah why do brown ppl get mad at me :'(
>>
>>725196132
It's only cultural appropriation if you try to fool other people into thinking you're an ethnicity you are not.
Everything else comes under cultural exchange.
>>
>>725198070
^^^ this

don't be a dumb asshole and most people will be more than happy to share their culture with you.
>>
>>725197892
I have dreadlocks, I grew them myself with my own hair.
How exactly have I taken anything from anyone by wearing my hair like this?
>>
if you want me to teach you a word in another language because you think it sounds cool, that's cultural exchange.

if you want me to teach you a word in another language so you can mock my accent, you're an asshole and that's cultural appropriation.

all there is to it. don't be a dumb asshole. people don't get to pick where they're born.
>>
>>725198173
To elaborate here, people I've met around the world felt complimented when I engaged in their culture and wanted to learn more about it.
>>
>>725198340
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+white+people+can%27t+have+dreadlocks

:^)
>>
Culture only exists because of the mixing of different groups and their ideas and practices. And it's always changing. Anyone who thinks it is a static thing or a possession that can be appropriated is a defective retard that should be gassed.
>>
>>725198340
Because black people don't get hired for having the same hairstyle as you, Brad. That thing that's a cool trend for you is something that's used to be racist against others. Your hair was not made to be put into dreadlocks. Black hair is. It's a hairstyle that's meant for them, that you've taken from them.
>>
>>725198712
Nice the entire first page of that gave me a bunch of intersectional feminism crap and black supremacy sites.
That's a good enough reason for me to continue keeping my hair as it is.
I have a marginal claim according to them, because of my mulatto great great grandmother, but I just like my hair as it is.
>>
>>725198041
If I wanted to wear one, I could. If a team wanted to call themselves the Newark Niggers or some shit, they could. They may eventually be compelled to change it due to public opinion, and that's cool too. Who cares, other than this new crop of language police? Does freedom of expression and association mean nothing anymore?
>>
>>725199175
I'm part black Rebekah, I don't really give a shit about your anecdotal evidence either.
I'm also not american, so I didn't grow up in the race focused culture you did.
>>
>>725198867
ughhh guise my ex dumped me cause i wouldnt stop using the r word guiiises :((((

was it cause i said the n word too? but i put an a at the end! that's friendly! :((
>>
cultural appropriation does happen but not like radicals believe it does. it happens when something is taken and degraded in some way, usually on purpose. like, for example, taking a religious figure and turning it into a commercial commodity or souvenir that's devoid of the original significance. cultural appropriation is definitely not any way the same as adoption, that's just natural as people borrow things they like from other places.
>>
>>725199372
Then why ask you entitled cumstain? lol

I suppose you're 1/6th Native and 4.5ths Syrian too? How many girls you tell that to? :)
>>
>>725199310
>They may eventually be compelled to change it due to public opinion, and that's cool too.
Who cares, other than this new crop of language police?

:thinking:
>>
>>725199659
You're conflating people wearing the clothes or hairstyles of other cultures with racists.
Which is stupid in and of itself, as racists inherently wouldn't want to emulate other races.
>>
I'll let black people keep jazz when they give us back white technology
>>
>>725199310
u mad brah? which brown person glared at u? gotta go kill a bunch of brazillians cause u thought they were muslim? can u pronounce hijab or u just scared? lmao
>>
>>725199850
I'm asking because you seem to be a segregationist who wants everyone to feel bad about having interest in other cultures.
Or in other words, I was screening for your biases.
>>
>>725199185
>literally provides first page google sources for you
"your sites arent cool enuff for me therefore im still right lol suck it!!!"
i feel bad for any place that decides to employ you. u gunna yell I DO WHAT I WANT as they show u training videos or what?
>>
File: 1434428568720.jpg (27KB, 640x454px) Image search: [Google]
1434428568720.jpg
27KB, 640x454px
Your thumbnail essentially sums it up.

If you're white fuck you. Want to adopt something from another culture, fuck you you're not allowed, don't want to adopt something from another culture, fuck you you're a racist.

The whole thing is hypocritical with racism, "race doesn't exist but fuck you if you try and wear or do something that's apart of this culture who's skin colour is different from yours!"

You literally can't win.
>>
>>725199175
If a white guy with dreads tried getting a job where hairstyle is taken into account, he'd have the same shitty luck as a black dude. Besides, just because black peoples' hair goes into dreads naturally doesn't in any way mean other races can't do it artificially. You're causing the division you try to prevent by limiting things different races and cultures can say, wear, and act like, which is cosmically hilarious
>>
>>725199850
Also I'm actually 31/32 parts native, native danish that is. I don't know about syrian, but there are stories of romany blood on my mothers side.
>>
>>725196132

I think it's bad that other cultures are stealing from us and what our white ancestors have build. There are black people using smart phones, asian cities building skyscrapers and everyone getting vaccines. Why don't they stick to their own cultures and traditions? There was once a black stand up comedian talking about cultural appropriation wearing lumberjack shirt and jeans. The irony was strong.
>>
>>725200162
Intersectionality is one of the most racist things to come out in recent years and black supremacy attracts me even less.
>>
>>725200074
lol cool check it out entitled white dude working his magic right here, keep digging your hole and replying you spergy fedora cumstain. have u made up a percentage for how black you're pretending to be today? or u too busy googling "synonyum segregration"
>>
File: kimono sjws.png (325KB, 641x4030px) Image search: [Google]
kimono sjws.png
325KB, 641x4030px
niggers
>>
>>725198041
holy shit go back to plebbit
>>
>>725200236
lol youre an idiot, you ever come out of your basement? keep replying. wanna see how mad you can get.
>>
>>725200253
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU'RE A CUCK LOL

YOU DO EVERYTHING PEOPLE TELL YOU TO DO? THAT THE "ROMANY" BLOOD IN YOU?
>>
>>725200378
You're clearly trying to get a rise out of me by acting racist.
It's not really working though.
Also why are you projecting your ways of interacting with other people onto me?
>>
File: 1486600820317.jpg (90KB, 560x620px) Image search: [Google]
1486600820317.jpg
90KB, 560x620px
>>725199175
decent bait

white people had dreads first though
>>
>>725200608
How the hell am I a cuck for having ancestors from other places?
I can't help that, but I can help how I am as a person.
>>
>>725200646
how red's your face irl brah? as red as the 1985/ths native you use to woo girls with TERF bangs?

wait, sorry, ill let you google terf first
>>
File: ee0.jpg (48KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ee0.jpg
48KB, 400x400px
>>725196132
>>
>>725200262

This. I do find it really funny I keep hearing shit from blacks about how they hate that their people were fucked over but you look at where they are right now, have a house in a country where they can basically get a job in anything with the chance of a decent education etc and then they go ahead and say they wish it never happened.
>>
>>725196132
It not real
>>
>>725199967
Not worth getting mad at random people on /b/.
>>
>>725200791
I'm danish, living in Denmark. Me claiming any native american blood would be silly.
Also why would I try to date feminists who dislike trans people specifically. Heck why would I even date feminists period?
They're victim jockeys who dole out shame and guilt like candy at Halloween.
>>
>>725200472
TL:DR
>>
>>725199885
>not understanding the colloquial meaning of who cares
Literal autism.
>>
>>725200665
it was the indians for religious purposes before it was picked up by islamic dervishes and brought to more euro-centric areas. the earliest records are of egyptian mummies with locked hair before it grew popular among judicial nazarites vis-a-vis the bible and finally made its way to celt, germanic and viking tribes. nice try though brah.
>>
>>725196132
Doesn't exist.
>>
>>725196132

Cultural appropriation is nothing but moronic liberal bullshit. You should date people who are different than you, you should marry them, hire them, welcome them into your businesses, into your homes, into your lives BUT DON'T YOU DARE DRESS LIKE THEM, TALK LIKE THEM, OR LISTEN TO THEIR KIND OF MUSIC!! THAT'S APPROPRIATION, WHITEY!!
>>
>>725201084
really cause you sure seem to be, you're still replying :)
>>
>>725196132
It's asinine since all culture is "appropriated". Every article of clothing you're currently wearing was derived from nations and cultures other than your own.

Also no one cares when people outside of western countries appropriate aspects of European culture. "Cultural appropriation" is the reason why most Japanese people don't wear kimonos anymore. It's the reason why their music doesn't sound like 100 year-old enka ballads, they ripped off western rock and pop acts and then modified it. Since white liberals see their own culture as "modern" and "worldwide", so of course those silly minorities are going to copy them! But stuff that asians and black people invented are permanently exotic, and must always remain unchanged, unevolving, and perpetually outside of mainstream acceptance.

Opponents of cultural appropriation are simply cultural segregationists.
>>
I think OP is just trying to ask if its okay for him to be a racist shitheel.
>>
>>725200074
Well, aren't you all clever and smug? Before you get to thinking too much how superior you are in intellect and morality, consider also the very real possibility you have been brainwashed.
>>
>>725201680
hello rebbit
>>
>>725201203
>not recognizing your own circular logic
Literal retardation.
>>
>>725201741
I usually try not to act superior to anyone.
I am intelligent and I think I have a good grasp of morals too.
How am I brainwashed for saying that showing an interest in other cultures is fine?
>>
>>725196828
hahahahahahahahahaha uuuuuhhhh... hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>725196828
>people think this
>>
>>725201680
Op can be anything he wants here though, as long as he is ready to take responsibility for it in a discussion.
Why are you trying to avoid the discussion by trying to shame OP into not asking these questions?
>>
>>725202259
>>725202259
Wtf are you talking about haha
>>
>>725199175
Taken? Taken? This suggests someone has said now only whites can wear dreads, and blacks cannot. Nobody has said this. People imitate what they like. That's all there is to it. Nobody is taking anything. Fucktard.
>>
>>725202495
Stop trying to be sensible, he'll just flip it on it head and call you a racist for it.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.