[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it? Anyone have one? Thoughts/review?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_3057.jpg (46KB, 610x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3057.jpg
46KB, 610x361px
Is it worth it? Anyone have one? Thoughts/review?
>>
Pretty sweet.
>>
Mine stopped working
>>
>>724744128
That seems to be a problem most people are having. That or the dock scratching the screen. Probably put off buying one for a couple of months.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-24-02-18-27.jpg (179KB, 1440x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-24-02-18-27.jpg
179KB, 1440x1216px
i wanna buy it so badly but like anon said about it not working
>>
What's internet connectivity like? If I buy on it will be upstairs, but my router is downstairs. I've read the wifi range sucks balls.
>>
>>724744271
>That or the dock scratching the screen.

wtf. how did it make it to release with that being a thing.
>>
File: Bale_oooh.jpg (11KB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
Bale_oooh.jpg
11KB, 320x272px
>>724744444
>>
>>724743996
why buy it for only 3 games? i'd wait it out till more stuff comes out. sure, you could buy one now, but after a couple of weeks it's just going to be collecting dust.
>>
99% have no problems, too busy playing zelda.
>>
>>724744444
witnessed
>>
>>724743996
ok so today in one of my classes this fat fucker had one.

>hey man do you like the switch
>yep
>had any problems with it
>nope, you just need to protect it properly and it shouldn't get fucked up
>oh neat
>yep

dude had a zelda case for it or something, and he had that case inside a huge camera bag
>>
>>724744444
What a waste of perfectly good quints.
>>
>>724744601
Why not? Not like they'll get cheaper. Might as well buy now and get on the hype train with everyone.
>>
Nintendo deserves the heat, I used to work at best buy and they never sent us enough shit.
Literally 50+ xboxes and ps4's on hand in the back but 1 or 2 nintendo items a week.

Its not like its a market strategy or they simply can't make enough, they literally don't give a shit. Nintendo of America has no say in Nintendo operations.
>>
I recently watched crowbcats video on it and it put me off of even wanting to be near a switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc
>>
>>724744710
You're a fucking waste. Faggit.
>>
>>724744736
Yeah I had this problem with the mini. Really wanted one but they are still sold out in my country. You can get them on eBay, but for like Triple the price. I'm pretty sure it is a market stragety. Nintendo never sells as well as other companies so by offering limited stock they make headlines by being sold out everywhere.
>>
>>724744271
I certainly wouldn't say "most" man, while there are issues it is a relatively small percentage of all users.
>>
>>724743996
You tell me. There's only 1 game worth getting. It's a legendary game but is that worth buying a whole console, especially a console with many, many problems.
>>
>>724743996
It's great, witnessed no problems, and it even comes with a built in fire alarm
>>
File: IMG_2673.jpg (69KB, 720x720px)
IMG_2673.jpg
69KB, 720x720px
Hell no. This is a last ditch effort by Nintendo to stay relevant. I'm not even talking about grabbing a small portion of market share. Simply just staying relevant so that they can hopefully one day crawl out from the 30foot deep hole of shit they dug themselves into. The only reason that Nintendo remains a business (i never said profitable one) is because the population still has just enough people with autism to fund the Nintendo switch. You couldn't pay me to get a Nintendo switch. Software developers would rather sit on a plunger than fuck with Nintendo at this point
Have fun with you M&M kart racing games bruh
My toaster has more processing power than a Nintendo switch and it's a decade old.

I could pay $50 for a cheap hooker and use her more in 1 night then I would ever use a nintendo switch and then still have $250 left to make a camp fire out of to keep me warm while I play my PS4.
>>
>>724744913
I normally love crowbcats but a lot of the issues he used in the vid have already been resolved or debunked, for example joycon connectivity.
>>
>>724744928

>market strategy

>sell 100 xbones a month

>2 nintendo handhelds

somebody needs to be killed
>>
>>724744728

1) They might. The 3DS did.

2) When you stop using a console for a while, it's harder to get back into again. better to wait until there are more titles to maintain interest.

3) You're sending a message to Nintendo that you'll buy a console that doesn't have a Smash Bros or a Mario on it. Is that the world you want to live in?

4) Even if the price doesn't drop, the price is always dropping. Money you spend tomorrow is money that was sitting in the bank accruing interest and yet losing value today.
>>
>>724745064
Well I mean thats cool and all, but its on track to be huge for them and Zelda was their best selling launch title of all time.

It's fine to shit on Nintendo but you need to have some actual points lol
>>
>>724745095
Yeah i get what you mean by that but the whole docking scratching and the games freezing and shit is still annoying.
>>
>>724744444
checkd
>>
>>724744996
Nah man, the dock scratching is a big thing going on right now, because it's hard to put usb in the right way everytime, so while your sliding it about trying to find the slot it fucks your screen
>>
I would wait considering they're malfunctioning right now. Ill probably buy one with the release of super mario odyssey.
>>
>>724744728
Wat. Name one console that has ever not gone down in price. You fucking can't.
>>
It'd be worth it if it included BoTW in the initial purchase price.

As it stands, wait a few months before mario launches and buy one used with BoTW.
>>
I was only considering buying it because of the new Zelda game. If I had a Wii U I'd just buy it on that, but I read that there's an emulator called cemu that will fully support the Wii U version in three or four months. I'm not even considering it anymore unless they come out with some exclusive games that I wont be able just to play on my PC. I heard there's a bunch of problems with the console itself, too.
>>
>>724744444
Jesus.
>>
>>724745282
Umm...that's what I said?
>>
>2017
>buying consoles

You might as well just end it all right now, OP
>>
>>724744928
Get a raspberry pi, put retropie on it. It'll run every NES game ever made instead of just 30, plus 16 bit systems and even a bit past that.

Youtube has like a hundred tutorials on it, even I managed it and I'm borderline retarded.
>>
>>724745282
I was getting major sarcasm from that post, anon. Perhaps they weren't actually being serious?
>>
>>724745378
>Le PC Master Race XD
>>
>>724745165
Thats cool and all but the only game you can buy is Zelda.
Isn't it sad that nintendo is still living off ocarina of time? They didn't even know it was gonna be that good of a game when it came out. People buy the new zelda because they liked ocarina of time, not the new zelda. Nintendo is in the shitter and they are gonna stay there
You can screen cap this now. I prophasize nintendo will be out of business by august 2018
>>
>>724743996
do you want to play the new zelda so much your willing to pay 300 for it?
if yes, buy it
if no, dont
>>
>>724745422
Yeah but I like collecting consoles/games. Not really the same to have a pirated version.
>>
>>724744710
>>724745325
>>724744637
>>724745220
>>724744444
TASTES SO GOOD
>>
>>724745282
Nintendo 3DS
WHAT DO I WIN?
>>
>>724745561

Sorry, I somehow got the idea that you were talking about the little mini NES which legitimately is just an emulator that runs roms. Never mind.
>>
>>724744444
CHECKEDKEKCKCKC
>>
Fuck the nintendo switch.
It's for kids with autism
>>
>>724743996
I really want to get it. There aren't really too many games that i'm pumped about, other than zelda and mario. :l i want to develop an FPS that's similar to Overwatch for the platform but i can't get anything accepted through nintendo's dev program. if any one here 3d models or knows c++. feel free to post your email for work
>>
I enjoy mine. I have the money to spare, so I got it. Simple as that.
>>
>>724744444
Qunits are truth
>>
>>724745986
>similar to overwatch
Isn't the basically Splatoon? Maybe you should try it on PC instead
>>
Anybody else think that if Nintendo released an open world rpg Pokémon game it would be fucking awesome? I know several people who would buy a console for that game alone.
>>
>>724745422
have you ever actually done this? input lag sucks ass. I have better luck running emulators via steam thru steam link over my home network vs. a local rpi3
>>
File: Untitled.png (180KB, 1440x626px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
180KB, 1440x626px
>>724745601
>>
>>724743996
Wait a year or so when more games are out for the console. I don't want some big expensive toy then have a choice of only 1 or 2 games that are worth buying right now.
>>
>>724744271

I bought a Japanese one on launch day. No problems here. BOTW is fucking awesome, the hardware and screen are nice, but yeah... other than the new Mario game, there is not much on the horizon. I'm a Nintendo fanboy, though, so I'm sure there will be some good stuff coming. I think Nintendo learmed from the mistakes they made with the WiiU.
>>
Botw is hands down the best game ive ever played. But i dont think id buy an entire console to play it. Good thing i have this wii u.
>>
>>724746342
KEK
>>
Been on the PC master race for years now. The idea of playing games this good on handheld has me so onboard that this is the first thing outside PC I've considered in a very long time.

I mostly just hope they actually come out with a smaller version though. I might rather wait for that and a few more games. I think the price is fine.
>>
>>724746602
>smaller

so like, a phone
I'm not sure why Nintendo is bent on making their own hardware, its not like it preforms better
>>
>>724746325
I've had no complaints with anything up to a sega 32x game. My NES, SNES, and Genesis games all run flawlessly. I've had a bit of a tussle with Sega CD, but really haven't tried to reach any higher than that.

Maybe it's your controller. I'm using a repurposed PS3 controller.
>>
>>724743996
So i bought one and havent stopped playing BOTW but that's all thats out for it. The really unfortunate part about is that a lot of people seem to be having problems. so im just waiting for it to happen to me. I had the money for it and i like supporting nintendo.
>>
>>724744913
>Americans clapping at a screen
>>
>>724745507
I purchased and enjoyed many LoZ games. Didn't play Ocarina of Time until last year.
I never got an N64, never bothered with the GameCube version. Played other LoZs before and after. You sound like some fucking cunt from reddit just trying to sound edgy because you don't agree with the direction they took their games.
They sell well. They play well. They all have distinct good styles and mechanics.
Are you really going to argue that one of the most iconic gaming franchises ever made just isn't good because the most popular one sold a long time ago? Because that would apply to half the fucking games we play.
>>
>>724744913
>Freezing up while playing BotW
>>
>>724744736
Just tried to buy one tonight and they're sold out everywhere. Its fucking stupid
>>
Nintendo is circling the bowl. This will be their last system.
>>
>>724747784
It just broke records for its weekly sales. Nintendo is fine.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-07-23-49-16.jpg (628KB, 1440x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-07-23-49-16.jpg
628KB, 1440x1476px
>>724746342
but anon thats lewd
>>
I enjoy it, Zelda is awesome, but I keep having connectivity issues with the left joycon which has gotten me killed numerous times now
>>
i will only buy the nintendo switch if it has minecraft on it because minecraft isn't on ps4 or xbox yet

if minecarft comes out soon then i will buy a nintendo switch to play it on.
>>
>>724748433
Minecraft is definitely on PS4
>>
>>724744736
I work at toys r us, can confirm they're like this everywhere. They'll send in tons of hype shit like figurines and crap, but then we'll only get like 20 NESes every few months. It's to create demand and is stupid.
>>
>>724749062
ive only got a ps3 and the first xbox and microsoft isn't ever going to releas emincarts on the first xbox and i refuse to buy an xbox 360 because i do not want to red ring of death and the xbox one well thats just not a risk i will take because i dont want my game console to always be always online
>>
Nintendo-san actually has some premium true-to-form Japanese RPGs in the pipeline, baka. Exciting things are happening at Nintendo. I'm expecting a lot from the Switch.
>>
File: IMG_3713.jpg (53KB, 540x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3713.jpg
53KB, 540x333px
>>
>>724745967
There's more edge in this post than the grand canyon
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.