[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is considered as being rude in USA? I want to travel in

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (22KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 480x270px
What is considered as being rude in USA?
I want to travel in the too distant future
>>
File: 1480197020120.jpg (77KB, 686x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480197020120.jpg
77KB, 686x576px
>>724199732
>What is considered as being rude in USA?

not too much in all honesty.
what country you from?
>>
File: large.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>724199932
I'm from Spain but temporarily I'm living in Mexico and i don't like it, the neighborhood always smells like shit... Grocery stores always sell the same and finally there is no much funny activities that you can do here... It's bored as hell
>>
>>724199732
10 years ago almost nothing, Now people are offended by everything, but since you are a foreigner you might get away with a bit more than people that live here.
>>
>>724200287
if you stop to take pictures in new your or any other busy city it's considered rude because you're holding up the traffic (even if you're walking). in the southern areas don't criticize Christianity. that's all I can think about for the time being.
>>
>>724200287
>Spain
>Mexico

Well in that case my advice is to not carjack anybody.
>>
>>724200658
also in the south you won't be treated with the famous southern hospitality if you're not white.
>>
>>724199732
don't talk bad about your dirty and disgusting criminal descendents otherwise you're liable to get mugged or killed, esp. in south western states
>>
>>724199732
In recent times literally anything is considered offensive just breathing in the general visinity of somebody and you get shit on
>>
What about northern States? Also I'm white and my eyes are green and my hair blonde
>>
>>724199732
Not having guns. It's a major faux-pas to go into any public place in the U.S. without at least three different firearms of various calibers on your person. We see it as a sign that you aren't willing to defend the country at a moment's notice like the Minutemen of old.
>>
>>724199732
just watch our "reality" tv. especially the nigger ones.
>>
>>724200819
thats bullshit and you know it
this only applies to spics and sandniggers
>>
Please, I want a useful piece of advice... I don't want to cause any trouble or get in a fight without an apparent reason. Also I want to make friends and get along like a good normie. How do I approach to someone? What should I not do in USA?
>>
>>724202815
I mean, just show people common courtesy. Don't point and laugh at the crippled, don't burp or fart loudly in public, do say please and thank you, etc. If you're being nice and someone acts offended, chances are they're just rude. You'll be fine.
Holding doors open for strangers is a weird one. I think it's nice and do it sometimes, but people either thank you or ignore you. Not really a rule for that one.
Also, if your goal is to not make people angry, then try not to talk about Trump or Clinton very much. As a nation, we're kinda torn on that one right now to say the least.
>>
>>724199732
your fucked i dont even know how to act in my own country sometimes if you call someone a dude they go apeshit
>>
>>724199732
We'll treat you like shit if your English isnt perfect because fuck your language. I cant imagine how you expect to be treated as a mexican regardless
>>
>>724202815
Also, tipping for food. I don't think it's usual to do that in Europe, is it? But here it's expected since most waiters/waitresses make like $2.13 an hour or something like that. A good tip is about 20% of the total bill, a decent tip is around or 15%ish. That's only really for sit-in restaurants, not McDonald's or any takeout food really.
Want to avoid fights? Avoid bad parts of town. You can Google "most crime areas in New York" or wherever and stay away. Try not to walk around too much at night, not saying shut yourself in but just use common sense.
And yeah, if you see a dude in a wig and crappy make-up, don't use either sir or ma'am. I got my sales team kicked out of a store for using a pronoun one time. Just pretend pronouns don't exist if you see someone like that, same goes for ladies who show off armpit hair (thankfully you won't see that very often at all though).
>>
>>724202988
I guess that help me but I still can't think USA as a peaceful and good country... Reading the comments and the threads here I realising that USA might be a dangerous place for me. Better I'm going to look for a better option
>>
>>724200287

If you are from Spain you will have literally zero problems if you come to a major city, especially places like Chicago.

I'm from Chicago, everyone speaks Spanish and everything is labeled in Spanish. Obviously I can see you are speaking in English right not, but my point is that there is a HUGE Spanish, Mexican, etc population.

You could honestly probably not speak English the entire time you are in Chicago and no one would even think that is strange. In fact no one probably even suspect you weren't from Chicago.
>>
>>724200287
avoid niggers.
>>
>>724199732
Not killing yourself is pretty rude.
>>
>>724203744
it's peaceful just stay in tourist areas
>>
>>724203744
I mean, we're not perfect. But dude, you're on 4chan. It's not a nice website. I wouldn't say our whole country is like what you're reading here.
If you still think USA isn't what you want, then I hear Ireland's really pretty to look at. Whatever you do, stay the fuck out of Sweden. Last I heard, their country was basically falling apart a few months ago. It was bad, probably still is.
>>
>>724203795
I'm not illegal though. My purpose is improve my English skills and because of that, I want to go to a place where I can speak English and I don't meet much native Spanish speakers. I've heard that immigrants communities are dangerous, no wait, almost anything in USA is dangerous!
>>
>>724204554
It's not just this website, it's all websites and even the whole world
>>
>>724204723
Kek the US is pretty fucking safe bro. Now obviously if you're a gringo in the hood you might get mugged, but it's pretty easy to avoid this. I've lived here my entire life and have only been in one physical altercation.
>>
>>724204723
Go to the Midwest then. Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kansas. Bumfuck nowheres. The less tall buildings, the less foreigners.
>>
Thanks /b/ros , I'll research more about the topic. Before going out I have this green text
>be me
>coming back home from my job
>there's a huge party outside
>fifteen years party
>there is a lot of drunk people in the street
>4:00 am
>heard someone knocking at my door
>pic related
>I'm so fucking scared and he starts to knocking harder
>there's other persons with him laughing
>they get away from my home
>didn't sleep all the night
>>
>>724204723
go to Colorado all we do is get stoned. we don't care at all about race
>>
>>724206177
you seem to have anxiety.
>>
>>724199732
There are a lot of fucktards out there that are offended by everything you say, but they will jerk you off if you happen to be a minority. As of now, our nation is divided into two sections, the SJWtard-generation-x cucks, who believe they are entitled to receiving a trophy for losing. Then there's the people who think that our political leaders are somehow connected to Satan and the bible, but aren't pussies like the other side is. Choose wisely.
>>
Not tipping is considered rude, when you're supposed to tip. Mostly, you're supposed to tip waiters/waitresses, bellhops, valets, hairdressers, bartenders, and food delivery people (like pizza delivery). There might be some more, but I don't run into them.
>>
File: 1485845331061.jpg (57KB, 445x459px) Image search: [Google]
1485845331061.jpg
57KB, 445x459px
Don't hold people up or be loud in public. I fucking hate it when people don't move with a purpose and I hate it when they can't control their volume.
>>
>>724199732
bump
>>
>>724199732
If you're coming from a western country you can just be what your country considers courtious and you'll be fine. America is pretty religious compared to other western countries so it is best to avoid religion in polite conversation. If someone tries to bring it up just try to politely end the conversation then throw a smoke bomb and run away there is no way for a conversation about religion to not end in argument.
>>
File: path.png (282KB, 1205x697px) Image search: [Google]
path.png
282KB, 1205x697px
>>724206892
or he could go the road less traveled and form your own opinions
>>
>>724207135
Tips for waiters and waitresses should be greater than 15% unless you didn't like them then tip them $0.01.
>>
>>724199732
If you try to interact with someone, they'll probably get triggered. If you're a non-white foreigner, you'll probably trigger people just by walking by. Don't come here, there's nothing to see.
>>
File: IMG_1864.png (954KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1864.png
954KB, 1024x768px
>>724200287
>Neighborhood always smells like shit.

I can relate, I also live in mexico and I also lived in the states.
Right now almost everything offends them, even gender for some fucking reason, just be opened to their opinons, as stupid as they might be.
>>
If you are buying from a grocery store it is customary to only pay 75% if your cashier is a woman.Also if a woman can revoke consent to coitus at any time even long after coitus has ended and it is very rude to defend yourself from such accusations. Just plead guilty and donate a quarter of your total assets to a feminist group.
>>
>>724199732
If you step on someones shoes your more likely going to get shot or beat up. This is very common among African males and Latinos. Also if they travel in packs be very cautious.
>>
bump if OP is still alive
>>
File: 148833321197.jpg (37KB, 341x204px) Image search: [Google]
148833321197.jpg
37KB, 341x204px
I know that I have to tip Waiters and waitresses because anywhere I go I do it without a problem. I want to leave Mexico right now! I don't like this country for innumerable reasons, today I wanted to breath fresh air but the air smelled like burned trash because there were these people burning trash even if there's a motherfuckig garbage truck that passes by every Thursday in the morning! And another thing that fucking pisses me oof is that they can't keep clean their fucking neighborhoods, every neighborhood I visit is the same
>children yelling at each other and saying bad words
>constructions in process and even there's not a fucking warning sign
>dogs on the roofs
>people inhaling glue on the street and nobody gives a shit
If you don't live in Mexico feel free to ask anything
>>
Being a foreigner is considered rude in most of the U.S. If you're in the wrong state, like Florida or Louisiana, you might get shot dead for asking for directions.
>>
>>724199732
dont listen to the trolls telling u that u have to tip waiters / waitresses and all that bs .

its a sham .
>>
>>724208771
I consider myself an atheist and no, I don't wear a fedora and neither I'm fat
>>
>>724206194
>implying 10% is everyone
>>
>>724203744
its not so bad. If you visit cities, that's where people are most tolerant, generally there's like a good core, rougher patches scattered around, and nice spots outside the cities. So watch out for the hood, and you'll be good, but watch out for those rednecks too
>>
>>724211342
yea I was mainly just emphasizing a lax attitude. Most of us don't get stoned me included
>>
>>724210558
It really depends, but yeah, most of the country is like that.

>Loud neighbors and their unwanted children
>Dogs on roofs dying of dehydration or sunstroke
>Trash every fucking where
>Constructions/Building sites without any kind of warnings or signs (or only a select few of them)

It's a marginal place. No wonder you want to leave, man, I want to leave this shithole too.
>>
>>724203744
tbh why would you move to the US when you can just go to Canada or NZ instead? Much better countries. The US is a 3rd world shithole to be quite fucking fair

t. An Aussie that's lived in 26 countries so far
>>
>>724211717
Are you from USA or another country?
>>
>>724210558
Are the Cartel really everywhere in Mexico?
>>
>>724199732
>What is considered as being rude in USA?

Depends on the fucking state. If you look people int he eye in L.A. They think your looking for a fight.

If you are looking people in the eye in Texas they'll call you a fag and beat you up but then let you fuck them in the ass when no one is looking. Because they are all closet faggots.
>>
>>724212003
Mexico. Never been anywhere else really.

>>724212136
Supposedly, yes, but as long as you don't poke your nose around at improper times or stay out in the street at night, you should be fine.
>>
>>724211955
>The US is a 3rd world shithole to be quite fucking fair

in what respect anon ?
>>
File: 1487592038812.jpg (5KB, 180x233px) Image search: [Google]
1487592038812.jpg
5KB, 180x233px
>>724211955
>The US is a 3rd world shithole to be quite fucking fair

As it controls what your country can and can't do globally. KEK!
>>
>>724210558
Lol you must live in a shit hole neighborhood somewhere in nuevo Laredo then. I lived in a nice suburban community surrounded by hills and mountains, fresh air, low crime and corruption for mexico anyways. Not many jobs but those are in the city and commuting is worth it. Just saying, living in the US is shit. Yea you can make some money but dealing with Americans, the police, the government and the lifestyle. Some days ots not worth it
>>
File: qZYw8eU-2.jpg (29KB, 610x436px) Image search: [Google]
qZYw8eU-2.jpg
29KB, 610x436px
>>724212251
Why don't the Citizens of Mexico or the Government do anything about it ? Seems like they can riot about gas prices but not Cartel activity.
>>
>>724212186
You have never left your fucking basement have you? I've lived in LA and Texas and it comes down to the individual. Most people see it as normal human behavior, autists like you see it as a threat.
>>
>>724212590
>Why don't the Citizens of Mexico or the Government do anything about it ? Seems like they can riot about gas prices but not Cartel activity.

Yeah, if by riot you mean overall SJW-like keyboard jousting and pretty much softcore stuff such as blockades and marching, which (supposedly) were derailed by people hired by the government to rob and incite others to do so.

I'm not that aware of how it really ended up, but as far as I'm concerned (and trust me, I can't really give a shit anymore about the government or the country itself) we prefer to viralize a party that accidentally invited everyone over rather than a really concerning problem.

Besides, if it is true that the government is just a puppet of the cartels then there's not much we can do.
>>
>>724212590
sauce????????
>>
>>724212907
the Cartel is a puppet for the CIA
>>
File: download (2).jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>724213195
say please
>>
>>724213369
please sir, sauce??
>>
>>724212907
>>724213317
but every country has it's own problem with organized crime
>>
>>724213482
well....
>>
>>724213317
Somehow that doesn't surprise me...

>>724213484
Problem is, we don't even have any kind of means to defend ourselves since getting your hands on even a very basic .22 gun is difficult, and if you do, you have to carefully hide it or else the 'SEDENA' (national guard) will take it and probably fine or jail you.

I might be wrong, though, I've seen a few people selling guns on Facebook market-like groups.
>>
>>724213369
would dump baby batter in her butttttt
>>
>>724213657
>Problem is, we don't even have any kind of means to defend ourselves

Well I'm looking for a .22 to defend myself from criminals. Hypothetically speaking someone can get infected by some new incurable disease and reduce the population into a panic. That is why I always grow my own food because I don't like the idea of people touching food in the open without my knowledge what they contain.
>>
File: WF6RpsV.png (632KB, 768x434px) Image search: [Google]
WF6RpsV.png
632KB, 768x434px
>>724213789
I want to do unspeakable things
>>
>>724199732
When you don't leave.
>>
Why the fuck are you asking /b/tards how to be polite? It's like using a crematory to cook your dinner.

Try /adv/.
>>
>>724204723
Go to Iowa, or to Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine. Or Idaho. You won't find much Spanish there.
>>
>>724214295
Or maybe OP needs adv on how to be as rude as possible.
>>
ITTIL that the terrorists actually won.
>>
>>724214418
Hmm. Good thinking.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.