[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is no reason not to tip your server.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 20

File: tip.jpg (69KB, 564x817px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
69KB, 564x817px
There is no reason not to tip your server.
>>
>>724157531
shitty service
checkmate motherfucker
>>
>>724157833
server here, confirmed checkmate
dubs checked

>I never get stiffed cause I give good service
>even to niggers
>>
>>724157833
/thread
>>
Not an argument
>>
i only tip asians
>>
minimum server wage is closer to $7 varying by state, not 2-3

this is a tumblr meme, you don't have to tip your server, theres no obligation to do it

if you serve and get mad at people who dont tip then get a steady job.

>but waiters/waitresses should be able to make a living wage

no they shouldn't, an adult shouldnt be in a an entry level position making enough to live off of. go learn to type
>>
>>724157531
Who would willingly become a server?
>shit hourly pay
>shit bosses
>shit hours
>shit locale
Tipping is an idiotic practice created so Amerifag consumers can pay the wages of workers since restaurant employers are too cheap to do so.
>>
>>724157930
You must live in a well off area, when people are pinching pennies they love any excuse to stiff their server. As a server you should understand too that even if you don't give good service, you should be paid for your work. A lot of people consider their food being poorly prepared "bad service"; should the server be stiffed for that?

The tipping system is fucked up, but there are ways to take a stand against it without ripping off poor service industry employees.
>>
>>724157531
You know what would be cool?
If I could say "I'm not giving tips" and I would still get good service.
You know, service, the thing they are paid to give me by their boss in the first place.
>>
anyone who thinks tips are mandatory should get their head checked. you do good, you get a tip. its always servers whining about tips fuck you the cook deserves the tip most times more than you do.
>>
>>724157531
Fuck off back to tumblr. You are literally replaced with a person getting our of a chair for 15 steps. Your job is neither skilled nor demanding.
And in the us you're required to make minimum wage if tips and wage do not match that. Stop demanding money for doing the minimum job requirements. You're in the only profession where it's expected to give money in addition to the bill for minimum effort.
>>
>>724158119
>if you serve and get mad at people who dont tip then get a steady job
>if you're poor it's your fault, just get a better job
Yeah because 27 year old Nancy with no college degree can easily find something "steady" to support her. It's her fault for "choosing" that service industry job! ONLY teenagers should ever work service industry jobs, and they should ALWAYS have parents to supplement their income; that's how the world works for everyone, right?
>>
>>724158263
Your employer is required to pay at least min wage. So the stand against Tipping is to not tip and make the business pay you a fair wage. It's not society's responsibility to get you a decent wage. Go on strike like everyone else.
>>
>>724158801
Hey man I don't build the system, if they want more money they should get a better job or petition their politicians to increase the minimum wage.
>>
>>724158461
If you said that you'd never see your waiter again and that's the shitty thing. Servers give absolutely horrid service as soon as they know you don't tip.

The worst are the fucking servers who write the recommended tip on the reciept. Got to have some fucking entitled balls to do that shit.
>>
>>724158801
It's her fault for being uneducated with no marketable skills. Maybe going to trade school or a community college would help. But hey that's personal responsibility and that doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>724158801
>28 years old
>No college degree
>full stack web engineer
>upper middle class income.
>>
File: 1415224281003.jpg (36KB, 664x527px) Image search: [Google]
1415224281003.jpg
36KB, 664x527px
>>724158801
>27
>no college degree
Being 1000% serious here: anyone in that position should honestly kill themselves and hope for reincarnation
>>
>>724158119
some people have to work two jobs, dumbfuck
>>
>>724157531
I tip at Starbucks, Subway and Sonic at least 30% because they're so happy & surprised I tipped them and stiff restaurant servers because they never say thank you like they mean it and feel entitled. Fuck them.
>>
>>724158119
Where the hell do you live that the minimum server wage is close to 7 dollars?
Back when I first served it was only 3.85 and now it's up to 4.05 in ohio. The most I've gotten paid as a server w/out tips is 5 dollars.
I know you said varying by state but Ohio is up there in the higher minimum wage range.
>>
>>724158647
>waitress/waiter "not demanding".

seems you've never been a waiter
>>
>>724159320
Don't bother. Hell just respond with some cliché line about how you're privileged or that it's easy for you etc etc.

Nobody wants to work anymore.
>>
>>724158801
If this said 'Nancy' hasn't found a good job by 27 then she deserves a shitty job.

>bad b8/10
>>
>>724159517
I have been at an olive garden. And it's irritating work but not demanding. Being a cook or a construction worker is demanding. Walking around asking if people need a second iced tea is fucking easy.
>>
>>724159263
i know right? some people won't even take responsibility for bilking a waitress out of $5 because they think they're john galt or some stupid fucking bullshit. honest to god, you are a terrible, selfish person.
>>
>>724159446
Sad part about this is that Sonic (at least when I used to work there, i think they still do) attempts to only pay their carhops on a server minimum wage. They get excited when you tip them more than a dollar.
>>
>>724159660
you're standing all day, having to deal with shitty customers, in a hot ass building walking back and forth.
>>
>>724159263
>>724159416
>>724159603
The Asians wooped her ass and got all the available scholarships, her family couldn't afford schooling for her. She was demoralized and didn't want to risk going into debt, so she chose something she was good at, waiting tables and being friendly to people. Oh someone's food got burnt and now she's only made 15$ for 5 hours of work....electric bill's not gonna get paid this month?
>>724159320
Nancy couldn't figure out the intricacies of web engineering, so she went for a full time service job to pay the bills. But that's her fault, she doesn't deserve a living wage
>>
>>724159665
I'm terrible for not giving charity to a working person who is too lazy to bargain for a decent wages?

How the fuck does that work? Is this one of those "how dare you have money when I don't " situations.

I'd be fine tipping the cook since you know he actually dis something. Hell if they let me order my own food you'd be out of a job.
>>
>>724159743
If you honestly have time to complain then you're not working hard enough.
You're standing for 8 hours. You don't deserve the customer's respect. Heat happens.
>>
>>724157531
>you dont work for me, you work for your boss. pay grievance? take it up with him.
>the establishment you represent sets prices for meals which include service. dont like it? talk to your boss.
>on-the-fly extortion just so a patron can walk away from his fully paid meal without being browbeaten into guilt or subsequently abused is not part of the job description nor is that a valid form of employment.
eat shit
>>
>>724159743
You think that's demanding? Try doing firefighting or construction . Which neither one gets tips.
>>
i dont tip shit. im broke every day of the week if i went to a resteraunt id probly have just enough to cover it
>>
File: 1399339466608.png (5KB, 239x258px) Image search: [Google]
1399339466608.png
5KB, 239x258px
Don't ever tell me how to spend my money.
If telling porch monkeys how to spend their welfare is wrong i.e.
>"how do you know she didn't need that new purse or trip to the salon to get ahead in life??"
>"maybe he's buying 40s cause he can't cope"
then I'm not gonna sit here and be lectured by the kids that laughed and said high school didn't matter. Fuck that bullshit. This line of discussion inspires no sympathy from me and certainly doesn't inspire generosity.
WORK for what you want and earn it.
TAKE what you want and accept the consequences
OR FUCKING KILL YOURSELF.
But don't you ever fucking try to pretend you're in a position to demand my dollars. If you're begging have some goddam humility about you. Don't be an entitled beggar. At that point you're life's joke.
>>
>>724159948
tips are often pooled and shared with the many people who make a restaurant work, so in many cases, yes you're screwing the kitchen staff as well.

the point is, the labor system is what it is. you know that when you walk into a restaurant. you're being a selfish fuck and delude yourself into thinking that you're taking some sort of principled stand in doing so.

but the absolute inarguable fact is that you were provided with a service and decided not to pay for that service. in some countries they chop your hand off for that kind of thievery.
>>
>>724159831
It's her choice. How is that so fucking hard to grasp. She chose a shit job with a shit wage. But noooooo it's never nancy's fault. It's society. It's everyone but nancy.

Got damn. Maybe nancy should suck it up and have a few shit years to get a better life. Go to school. Get loans. Eat shit food. The next 5 years will suck but it's a long term game.
>>
I LOVE to tip. Since I go back to restaurants that I like, I leave great tips and get to know the waitresses/waiters. Whenever I come back, I get treated like a king. Free drinks, extra portions, etc etc etc. They KNOW the ones who tip well and they take care of them. If you stiff them on the tip and come back? You WILL be remembered. Enjoy the spit on your food.
>>
>>724160031
>which include service
So long as you're cool with 2$/hr worth of service then you're logic is flawless.
>>
its a myth that servers are paid 2-3 an hour always

maybe in new york i think yeah, but here in california you still get paid minimum wage without tips
>>
>>724160031
This.

Fucking this.
>>
>>724160270
>you're screwing the kitchen staff as well.
WHEN DID THE FUCKING KITCHEN STAFF BECOME EMPLOYEES OF MINE?
DO I OWE THEM EI AND BENEFITS TOO, YOU FUCKING STUPID PIECE OF SHIT?
>>
How about living in a country where waiters get a decent wage?
>>
>>724160477
>being this mad about an extra five dollars
This thread is amazing.
>>
>>724160494
Out here in the real world, a good waiter makes more than the restaurant management. Because they go the extra mile and earn the tip. Don't like it? Feel free to go to McDonalds. Enjoy!
>>
>>724157531
You do know if their tips don't add up to minimum wage their boss has to pay them the balance.....
>>
>>724160270
Is it written anywhere that tips are manditory? No? Then fuck off with your self righteous bullshit.
It's not thievery if it's not required so nice strawman.
>>
>>724159743
I'm a tech in a hospital and in addition to doing manual labor and running back and forth (often literally running) I spend 85% of my day literally cleaning shit, piss, puke and blood. So because I make shit money should I refuse to adequately clean someone's dying relative in the ICU because the family didn't slip me $5? Fuck your extortionist bullshit.
>>
>>724160031
You go into the establishment knowing that tipping is expected and what the expected percentage is. If you dont want to tip, do t go to the restuarant. Punish the owners who pay shit, not your server.
>>
>>724160709
*citation needed

>NY does not do that.
>>
>>724160810
Unionize and demand a decent living, or shut the fuck up.
>expected
don't make me fucking laugh, cumbucket
>>
>Go to Hibachi bar
>Hibachi-man entertains the fuck outta me
>Tip him $20.00
>server refills my drink once, asks me how is everything, gives me bill and smiles
>give server nothing
>>
File: 1452284808589.png (933KB, 968x745px) Image search: [Google]
1452284808589.png
933KB, 968x745px
>>724159831
>not having a job through teenage life
>not saving for college
>expecting parents to pay for schooling

Jesus, this Nancy character is pathetic. She needs to take a second job. Oh, but it's not her fault for not being responsible. I'm sure she also blames capitalism and big government for her issues.

If you want to be successful then do what needs to he done. Take out a loan. Get another job.

I hate this lazy Nancy cunt now.
>>
>>724160656
>It's just 5 dollars bro what r u poor
So that's your case? "It's just 5 bucks". Well, I turn that around to you.... it's just 5 dollars you entitled millennial parasite... MY 5 dollars that my EMPLOYER PAID ME that you have ZERO rights to.
>>
>>724160444
Then how is that a myth?
>>
>>724160656
It's not about the money. It's about the message.

It's about entitled people who think that they should get tips regardless of service levels. It's about servers who spit I. Food if they don't get tipped. Tips are a reward for excellent service not a hand out because your boss is shit.
>>
>>724157833
No, this is the wrong thing to do.

1) they bitch about you being a cheap POS.
2) they think you forgot

What you do is inform the manager and then leave like 27¢ as a tip. I have only done this twice in 35 years. One time my food came before I got silverware, incorrect of course. Then I had to ask twice to get the bimbo to give me a spoon. Pretty sure she was snorting booger sugar in back. She was pretty talkative. The other time is when I had to send my lobster back 3 times for being overcooked. I finally asked to see the kitchen manager to ask if I needed to show them how to do it. Server should have ensured after the second screw up that someone in charge baby say that shit. God knows I'm not paying 35 bucks for rubber.
>>
>>724160444
Utah reporting in. Jobs that include tips aren't subject to minimum wage here. I've got a few friends that worked as servers and the pay ranged from 2-5$/hr. The higher end of that was for jobs that received less in tip like the sushi bar.
>>
i make minimum wage and i'll follow you around the store, show you where things are, give you good recommendations and stand there and listen to idiots talk all day.. i dont get tips
>>
I tip because its custom, but I fucking hate it. It's basically ownership realizing they can pay servers less and expect the customer to pick up the slack. It's bullshit.

But I don't punish the server for this, or the poor Indian man delivering me pizza. They have enough problems.
>>
>>724157531
A tip is for exceptional service, not the basics of: take order, deliver food, keep glasses full. Basic pay for basic service.
>>
>>724160987
Guess what? Go back to that restaurant after stiffing the server and you learn you have ZERO RIGHTS to great service. Again, enjoy the spit.
>>
>Delivery Driver
>MFW DeQuan places an order
>MFW i know i'm not getting tipped

Seriously though why are black people such awful tippers?
I get stiffed by 80% of black people.
>>
>>724160810
Expected =/= required

Just because you think it's expected regardless of service speaks volumes about your entitled mentality.
>>
>>724161171
>homeless bum maliciously attacks the man that walked by yesterday and gave no change
This is you. An entitled BUM!
>>
>>724160907
Are you mad because you are poor and cant afford it? Im sorry your life sucks so bad that you cant pay what is expected of you. Maybe ask your mom for a raise in your allowance? I mean a 30 year old needs some walking around money.
>>
>>724161076
okay so some other states do that too but i know for a fact servers in california make minimum wage before tips. should we not tip in california then?
>>
>>724161254
A) you're white (assuming)
B) black people dont have a lot of money
C) you're white
>>
>>724158461
The funny thing is;
If you said "i'm not going to tip you" and they do something like spit in your meal you can report them to the manager, the authorities and possibly just take them to court over it.

Watch them cry about it.

Tipping by default is a shit practice that needs to change and the change ain't going to be pretty, the industry needs to stop tipping completely, people need to leave those jobs to find a proper living wage, leave the restaurants without workers and force them to up the wage to attract workers.

Sad thing is; it's not going to change because it's fiercely upheld by the regular citizens who quite happily tip everyone who carries a plate to them without a second thought.
>>
>>724161350
>what is expected of you.
lmao fuck off you piece of shit. THAT IS WHAT I EXPECT OF YOU SO DO IT NAO
>>
>>724157531
You realize of course that if the employer pays their wait staff a living wage your $7 plate special now becomes $24. Its not like the owner's going to take a cut in pay. Don't believe me,, look at how much more expensive eating out is in countries that have high minimum wage. Hey, Ausies how much in U.S. $ is that Subway sandwich?

Not everyone can make a living being bloggers and web designers. Cutting on people because they have to try and manage on low end jobs is a really snot thing to do.

I always tip if the service is at least OK. Greater percentage at low end than high end. Never understood why a $40 meal being brought to your table should be worth more than a $10 meal. Its not as if its heavier.

Also don't understand why people don't tip at buffets. Yes you have to go get your own food, but the waitress is bussing off 20x as many dirty dishes.
>>
5 cents tip is alright
>>
>>724161119
I follow a sliding scale with 15% being the middle ground. GREAT service, it's usually around 20%. So-so service, 10%, shitty service- zilch.

>ALWAYS tell the server if there's a problem. GIVE them a chance to make it right. DON'T blame the server if it's a problem out of their control (like the cook burned your steak).
>>
>>724160380
>>724160950
Some people are less intelligent than others, and barely get their high school diploma. They chose to not be smart enough to make more? Any complaint about not making living wages is null? The "poor people are poor because they don't try hard enough" argument is great. Minimum wage, wealth inequality, average work hours, union numbers, and many other statistics are fucked to shit right now in the U.S.

But ignore it all and believe the "just work harder" meme. Just like how more guns will lower gun violence. I'm outttt
>>
>>724161171
That's called extortion. You little peice of shit. And it's illegal to spit in food. No wonder everyone hates servers
>>
>>724161171
>stiffed
>spitting in peoples food
Entitled sack of shit. God I just want to kill you humans.
>>
>>724157531
Not my job to supplement your employers payroll. If you dont feel you get paid enough get a better job. Can't? Not my problem buddy.
>>
>>724161297
No, your refusal to pay what you should reeks of entitlement. If you get shitty service dont tip. But if you dont, dont be a cheap asshole.
>>
File: 1487912583860.png (136KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1487912583860.png
136KB, 500x522px
>>724161350
>Maybe ask your mom for a raise in your allowance?
Maybe ask your employer for a raise in wage.
>>
>>724161041
Who do you think profits more from those tips? The boss who sold you a 2$ plate of food for 15$+ and barely had to pay for their employees, or the wait staff that actually receives the money?
>>
>>724157833
even with shitty service I prefer to tip a penny. It's more of a slap in the face that way.
>>
>>724158461
It's an understood social contract that you agree to when you enter a restaurant. Playing stupid doesn't absolve you of that fact and you're more than welcome to stay home or go to McDonalds for dinner or, hell, even get carry-out from the same restaurant. You're purposely going into the situation looking to stiff a kid so you're not even beginning your experience from an objective stand-point, but you expect them to still give you stellar service when they have 4 other tables that aren't cheap jew assholes?

One day you'll grow up.
>>
>>724161119
I generally top very well. Starting at 25%. The more I hear NO or umm let me check the more I reduce the tip. The best servers ANTICIPATE your needs and either ask or fulfill them. Sadly professional waiters are a relic of a bygone time and table side service is a lost art. It's easy really, get me my order accurately, deliver the courses as I finish them and be attentive to my needs. I hate when they are gung ho to prebus my table but I get this is mainly the managements fault.
>>
>>724160896
you need citations? why don't you fucking google is it legal to make less than minimum wage?
>>
>>724161335
I'm not a waitress. But, nice try. I'm the guy taht tips well, returns often and gets treated like royalty.
>>
>>724158263
>As a server you should understand too that even if you don't give good service, you should be paid for your work
Uh, the 'service' is part of the job. If the service is bad, then the server (HINT: IT IS IN THE FUCKING NAME) is not doing his job properly.
Fail to do the job then fail to get a decent tip (and possibly a manager complaint)
>>
>>724160987
I don't care what your opinion is. I'm just laughing at how butthurt you are.

>over five dollars
>>
>>724160715
I'm not that guy, but in some places it is. I've been to one place that had a sign saying "we give our 100%, we expect your 20%." Oh yeah, it's somehow become standard to tip 20% now days.

My buddy forgot to tip and they 'reminded' him that he forgot. I haven't been back since. The food was pretty good but that put me in a sour mood.
>>
>>724157531
If the service is decent, I give 20%. If it's amazing I'll give more (sometimes a lot more). If the service is absolute shit, I will give 0-1 dollar. I don't care if make a shitty base pay. Work hard and I'll tip you well. You're not entitled to shit.
>>
>>724161350
No defence to his point so you start personal attacks. Looks like someone ran out of made up bullshit.
>>
>>724161356
Mixed/Mulatto
But if i was white why would that matter?
>>
>>724161460
I never get my food spit on. The places I go to love me and treat me like royalty. Because I tip. Well.
>>
I pay the restaurant. The restaurant pay the staff. You want me to pay you? Suck my dick and there's $5 in it for you.
>>
>>724161608
>i have to pay people at restaurants to feel wanted
so people treat you well when you toss free money at them? you don't say!
you know who you don't have to pay for companionship? real friends and family.
>>
>>724161722
niggers probly tip other niggers
>>
>>724161405
Hit a bit close to home huh? Maybe stick to the hot pockets in your room. Maybe going out like to eat like a big boy is to triggering for you. Baby steps buddy, baby steps.
>>
>>724157531
There's no reason to go out and eat then.
>>
>>724157531
>tells me I am welcome to refuse to tip
>tells me I must also tell my intent to refuse to tip, revealing my hand so I can pay my hard earned money for food that a profession carry-food-to-a-tabler has spat into to spite me
>pay your i-wont-spit-in-your food bribe

Here's a reason to not tip your server: bad service.
>>
>>724161648
I'm laughing at you having to panhandle for money. But so is everyone else.
>>
>>724161514
Who decided what I "should" pay? Because the menu clearly says a price. Anything beyond that and taxes is purely fictional made up ass from some disgruntled server.
>>
File: IMG_0874.jpg (29KB, 560x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0874.jpg
29KB, 560x304px
>>724157531
>>
>>724161833
>what is expected
>of you
lol is this nigger for real though ?
>>
>>724161456
>genuinely blaming your problems on other people
I wonder how long it will be before you end yourself. You're obviously not strong enough to live in the real world.

You go to school to get smart. It's not a matter of if you're smart enough for school, you fucking moron. They choose to be lazy and not pay attention.
>>
>>724161353
Completely up to you. Don't forget that your server learns your face, especially if you stiff them. If you want good service next time around then you might want to show your appreciation.
>>
I don't understand why this is an argument
You got to a restaurant expecting a product
You don't tip when you pay for a product
But you are also sat at a table expecting a service
you tip for a service because that person is performing a task for you that you could have otherwise performed for yourself if you weren't so lazy.
>>
>>724157531
Fuck off
>>
>>724157531
Get a better job scum
>>
>>724161519
Take it up with the federal government, who established that servers get paid less. Even they think you should tip.
>>
>>724161531
I don't care. That's between you and the boss. I'm not paying for your lack of bargaining skills.

No other job gets away with this shit.
>>
>>724157531
i tip but its annoying. im already paying inflated prices for food at most restaurants, why do i have to pay for part of the staffs wage too?
>>
>>724161722
The negro is the most racist race out there. They only associate with their kind.
>>
>>724161943
How about this, how about I go and interact with the kitchen myself, place my own order, pick it up, bring it to my table and take the dishes back when I'm done eating, how would you feel about that?
>>
Tips fedora
>>
>>724161669
This
>>
Tip no higher than 10%. Deduct for shitty service. 10% was the standard years ago then it was 15%, and now cuck servers suggest 20%. Fuck you.
>>
>>724161697
What point? Everything he said was refuted.
>>
This thread is stuffed to the brim with entitled first world white kids in their late teens and early twenties from lower and central middle class families that assume that getting a high paying job with lots of potential for upwards mobility is both easy and commonplace, and have no sympathy for the vast majority of people that have neither the skills or mental faculties to get one. Really pathetic how much of an echo chamber this board is.
>>
>>724161254
>>724161356
Different delivery driver here. Pretty sure the "black people don't tip thing" is complete bullshit. I only usually get stiffed by trailer trash, teenagers, and people who think they're super important.
>>
>>724157531
if someone gets paid $2 an hour that's their shit, they can look for another job instead of spending their life pouring water
>>
>>724161424
Then less peoeple go out to eat. Which drives profit down. Then price normalizes as the margin on food is cut to attract more business.

It's like you peoeple don't even think. No wonder you're a server
>>
File: 115421232.png (133KB, 244x288px) Image search: [Google]
115421232.png
133KB, 244x288px
>>724157531
Totally false claim. Probably made by some liberal fucktard on welfare. No employer is "permitted to bypass federal minimum wage laws". When I don't tip shitty servers, along with others who recognize shitty service, the employer is obligated to make up any deviation under minimum wage.
>>
>>724161851
>panhandle
Lol I'm not even a waiter. I just came here to laugh at the fags.
>>
>>724162218
if a black person tips its because hes glad hes on the other side of the table for once. im sure the pleasure is all his "here you go son, dont spend it all in one place"
>>
>>724162101
Sounds like McDonald's. Have you ever been asked for a tip by a burger flipper?
>>
>>724161254
Niggers are born opportunists. It don't matter if you're a black or white delivery pizza person or server.
>they'll demand the shit out of you and not tip because they can
>they'll take everything they can take free from a restaurant, ask for all the free amenities they can get from a hotel and leave no tip and leave the room looking like shit because they can
>they'll order drinks from a casino or bartender and not tip shit because they can
>they'll buy new shit, go clubbin with it on and return it the next monday because they can
>they'll return shit without a receipt and chimp out if you don't give them credit or their money back because they can
>they'll mix 90% sheetrock with 10% cocaine and rip you off because they can
>they'll loot and steal at the drop of a hat because they can
>they'll go to Mickey D's and demand extra burgers because they ate one that was already cold because they can
>they'll fuck a white girl and piss her parents off because they can
>they'll get knocked up five times in a row so they can get a fat pay check from the gubmint including food, cheap housing, cheap electric, etc. because they can
>>
>>724161853
Once again, no. It has been established by federal, state and local law that servers are paid less because they are tipped employees. You know this when you go in. Dont want to do it, then punish the owners by not going there until they pay a fair wage. Dont punish the servers.
>>
>>724161943
So I stead of showing awesome service. You blacklist customers because they didn't pay you a made up amount you said beyond their bill? How does that not sound retarded to anyone else.
>>
>>724159660
Everything on that table is refillable and you cheap, fat fucks will run us back and forth 20 times for refills.

The manager is up our ass for not being able to suck off all 12 of our"guests" at once while grabbing your stupid Andes mints.

Not mention constantly running around with jumbo trays overloaded with heavy ass glass ware, all that weight constantly on your wrist.
And its hotter than bitch moving around in all those clothes
>>
>>724162218
No the stereo type that black people don't tip, in my experience is very true
I've gotten stiffed so many time by black people and it's so infuriating
Although i would say teenagers can also generally be shitty tippers too.
>>
File: Aku ja Moraalihomot.jpg (46KB, 486x400px) Image search: [Google]
Aku ja Moraalihomot.jpg
46KB, 486x400px
I am eurofag. I don't tip.
>>
>>724162523
ya black niggers love their stereos, they're definitely the stereotype
>>
File: wtfbrah.webm (2MB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
wtfbrah.webm
2MB, 720x720px
>>724162481
You're an idiot. That is all.
>>
>>724161927
Someone who doesnt tip and doesnt want to do what they know they should is usually the "nigger".
>>
>>724162509
And? If you think your minimum wage job is too hard go find another one you crying little fag. Cooks can fuck right off too. Only autists and niggers can't cook.
>>
>>724162059
>between you and the boss
I don't work for less than 20$/hr, but nice try. If your bargaining skills are so refined, then why are you paying top dollar for sysco's food?
>>
>>724162481
You still never said where it is written that I have to make up the difference. Being implied is not the same as a law or rule. You took a job with lower wages knowingly and want a better pay from the customer.

Just because people don't want to pay your spit bribes or your dropped food extortion does not make it required.
>>
File: little dabbie.jpg (57KB, 516x426px) Image search: [Google]
little dabbie.jpg
57KB, 516x426px
>>724162509

what else are you qualitied to do fam?
>>
>>724161943
>If you want good service next time around then you might want to show your appreciation.
>LOL, a server is threatening me with giving me bad service AGAIN after I 'stiffed' him for giving me bad service? my. fucking. sides.
this is easy mode: if for some reason it is the same server AND it is the same horrible service (which does not make any sense: why would someone return to place where the service is shit?), the server is very likely getting a complaint AND no tip, AGAIN. It does not get any simpler than that.

Well it actually does: if the server already performed this badly then likely any chance of returning to the same place is zero.
>>
>>724162640
Because you have no arguement?
>>
File: 33123542342.jpg (28KB, 618x357px) Image search: [Google]
33123542342.jpg
28KB, 618x357px
>>724162787
you're arguing with an idiot.
See:
>>724162329
>>
thread ender right here. https://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm
>>
We choose what to do with our money. No one has the right to tell me what to do with it excluding taxes.

Do I feel bad for servers? Sure. But it's ny fucking choice. I tipped a bar tender $30 once because he gave me tips about where to go and what to se in the city while engaging me into conversation.
>>
>>724161929
Seems like you're making the assumption life is simple and everyone starts on the same footing, and if you fail you simply didn't try hard enough. Things couldn't be any more complicated than that?

Grats on getting me to stay for one more response though.
>>
>>724162741
I quit and work for an upscale restaurant.
I probably make more per hour than you as a waiter. Suck it.
>>
>>724162255
>If someone gets paid $2 to be a server, tough luck
>find a better job pleb
>all waiters and waitresses find "better jobs"
>no one left to wait on your fat, lazy, cheap ass

You really didn't think that one through did you?
>>
File: 11313546212.gif (2MB, 250x276px) Image search: [Google]
11313546212.gif
2MB, 250x276px
>>724162901
See>>724162329

Then kill yourself.
>>
>>724162509
Somehow it's my fault you took that job and I'm somehow supposed to give you sympathy money?

Bet those firemen would love some tips because "it's hot in those clothes" and they have to run around with heavy equipment
>>
IF YOU DO NOT MAKE ENOUGH IN TIPS THE RESTAURANT HAS TO PAY YOU MINIMUM WAGE. TIPPING IS A SCAM. FUCK THE RESTAURANT, THEY NEED TO PAY YOU A LIVING WAGE.
>>
>>724162795
I make beats and have a smooth, deep voice.

Think I can make it big?
>>
>>724162523
Keep track of it, literally write it down, then average your black tips and your other tips (or fuck, break it down to as many races as you can identify) and I'm pretty sure you'll find that to be false. You'll have to do the experiment to get a definite answer either way though.
>>
>>724159453
This.
The restaurant owners don't pay their servers a standard minimum wage because decent people tip. Shitbags just blame servers for working at restaurants and don't tip. Just stay the Fuck home or get fast food if you're incapable of being civilized and tipping at a restaurant.
>>
>>724162509
Get bigger cups then faggot. Or a better job. Not my problem. I'm already paying for overpriced frozen food that I can buy at Wal Mart and make at home for 1/4 the price.
>>
>>724162991
I don't want servers to serve me. I can pick up a fucking plate and pour my own water.
>>
>>724163063
Its not sympathy money.
Stay out of restaurants you cheap bastard.
>>
>>724163079
this right here https://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm
>>
File: 1487135115783.jpg (3KB, 126x90px) Image search: [Google]
1487135115783.jpg
3KB, 126x90px
>>724162741
>Only autists and niggers can't cook
>says the guy bitching about the waitstaff at THE RESTAURANT HE GOES TO WHERE PEOPLE COOK HIS FOOD FOR HIM
>>
>>724157531
there is when i go to a restaurant when im out with people and I didnt expct to. i am pretty broke but im not gonna say no guys i cant hang i dont have enough to tip my server. dont be a faggot, im gonna get a wrap and fries or smething cheap and no youre not getting a tip unless my meals 9 dollars and i have a tenner

if i know im going to a restaurant i tip 15 20 percent like a normal human being, and it pisses me off when you cunts get all huffy
>>
>>724162808
I'm not even a waiter. Most of the time they'll still give you great service and then spit in your food. Enjoy!
>>
>>724163202
Then don't go out to eat because you're paying for a service, not just the food you ignorant hillbilly.
>>
>>724163161
The restaurant HAS to pay you minimum wage if you don't make enough in tips. KYS.
>>
>>724163156
Nigger servers hate waiting on niggers because niggers don't tip. Just like niggers don't donate to toys for tots.
>>
>>724162215
Not everyone can be a ceo. But that doesn't mean we should prop up those that are lazy and incompetent. Peples money and time are finite commodities. Maybe they want to spend it on something besides a lazy fuck who didn't take school seriously or a retard that will never benefit society. Fucking commies
>>
>>724162787
In the laws. Servers are tipped employees and can be paid less that minimum wage. If their tips do not equal to that minimum then the emloyer has to pay the difference. But heres the kicker, the employers will force a server to claim usually 10% of there sales in tips, if they got them or not. Anything to make it so they dont have to pay. Once again if you get shitty service, dont tip. But if you get great service, take care of your server. Or dont go to the restuarant until they pay a decent wage. Punish the people who set the rules, not the ones who have to live by them.
>>
>>724157531
It is not up to me to pay the wages of an employee at any place of business, all places should strive for good service. The business is already getting my money why should i also pay their staff.
>>
>>724163327
I'm not paying for the service. The service is forced upon me. And the restaurant HAS to pay minimum wage if you don't get enough tips. So talk to your boss you dumb fuck. I don't HAVE to tip. They HAVE to pay you.
>>
>>724163202
You buy your food from Walmart? Lol.
>>
>>724162215

So why should working class people like construction workers, healthcare assistants or cleaners who go to restaurants be forced to subsidize the wages of wait staff who are too stupid or lazy to unionize?

Tipping doesn't just happen in five star restaurants, its expected in pretty much any environment where a server brings food to your table, and most of the patrons of those places aren't middle class.

If you're really concerned for social mobility you'd realize that restaurant owners are turning working people against each other with tipping customs, but the only people with any leverage to change the practice are wait staff.
>>
>>724163156
I'm the angry liberal in some of the above posts, but he's probably right. The less you have, the less you tip, and the more likely you'll hop on an excuse to tip less. Black people statistically have less in this country.

Also, they receive less education and fall into more basic behavioral patterns when socializing, i.e. emulating masculinity. If it makes the dude look "tough" to his buddies, he'll stiff the server and laugh.
>>
>>724162483
>blacklist
Lol you're really reaching there. Here read this reply
>>724163324
You and the other guy might as well have said the same thing anyways
>>
>>724162991
I got to restaurants for the food. Not for the service. If steakhouse food could be ordered at a window you bet your ass I wouldn't need a server. You're just a necessary evil to get a professional chefs work.
>>
>>724163266
Well fuck you too. Peasant.
>>
>>724163356
>Niggers not knowing they can claim tax credits for charitable donations.
>>
>>724163370
Yeah, restaurant owners need to stop having customers subsidize their employee's wages, I agree.
>>
I would rather save 5 dollars and grab my own food
>>
>>724163454
Then stay at burger king where you belong, asshole
>>
>>724163409
>claim usually 10% of there sales in tips, if they got them or not.
This is illegal, so it's irrelevant. Sue your employer or call the state. You also realize that if everyone stopped tipping THAT would make the restaurants change faster since no one would work there.
>>
>>724163356
>anecdotal evidence at its finest
You clearly haven't done the experiment, or you'd have some numbers for me.
>>
File: 09854564.png (117KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
09854564.png
117KB, 300x300px
>>724163263
Then don't visit a restaurant where the job of half the staff is to serve you? How fucking hard is that? Just. Don't. Go. Go to a buffet. Stay home. There are too many other options. For you to willingly place yourself in a situation where you already know what the expectation is, then deciding to "fight the system" and not tip (when the service isn't shitty, mistakes, etc) then it just shows you have no class and you should expect people to treat you as such if you're a regular at any establishment. With that attitude, though, I highly doubt you are.
>>
>>724163355
So tipping at a restuarant is established as the norm?
>>
>>724163454
Who is forcing you to go to a restaurant? You're either trolling or a moron.
>>
>>724163156
I'm only going to be working there for another month
But i think it will be an interesting experiment
You can't really tell someones race just from looks so I'll simplify it and have 3 categories
White, Black, Mixed

I seriously don't think I'll be wrong though
>>
>>724162962
It seems you're making the mistake of life not being easy. The world is adaptable. Humans are adaptable. We have the ability to quit or start anything we wish.

Our starting places don't matter. Most successful people have shitty early lives. Most people born into money waste their lives.

If you want it, you'll work hard to attain it. If you don't get it, you didn't work hard enough. Is that so hard to understand? Do you expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter?

Later, lazy one.
>>
Hold on let me think about all that for a second.
>*closes eyes and takes a breath*

Nope. Still don't give a shit.
>>
>>724163628
Nah, I'll continue to eat good food and not tip.
>>
this whole thread was utterly retarded, thanks for the laugh /b/
>>
>>724163564
A fucking peasant that wrecks your paycheck working less than 20 hours a week. Fuckin' lint licker
>>
>>724163641
Its not illegal. Its what is done.
>>
>>724163656
I have the right to go wherever I want. I have the right not to tip. Tell your boss to pay a living wage. Don't beg for it from me. There is no law that I HAVE to tip. Sorry you're too stupid to understand that, it's probably why you're a server.
>>
File: empty-mayo-jars.jpg (154KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
empty-mayo-jars.jpg
154KB, 500x375px
How many of you fucking service industry fags actually pay taxes on the tips you receive?
>>
>>724163498
Sounds like you haven't done the math yet. Get back to me with some numbers and we'll know definitively whether or not it's true.
>>
>>724163689
I don't have to be forced, it's my right. My right to go where I want. It's not up to uneducated poor people (servers) to tell me where I can eat because I don't follow their communist rules of giving them my money through social extortion.
>>
>>724163857
lol burn, can confirm that waitresses drink their tips
>>
File: 11155414.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
11155414.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>724163855
>>
File: 149293.jpg (397KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
149293.jpg
397KB, 970x545px
>>724163454
Someone put a gun to your head and forced you to walk into a 4-star restaurant? Someone forced you not to get take-out? There's not a restaurant on the planet that won't let you order food, put it in a box, and let you walk out with it. You hillbillies sound sad as fuck. Stop trying to make this a "hurr durr i just want the product!" when you can very easily get just that, without the expectation of a tip, without sitting down.
>>
>>724163737
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pDlR_ccnZww
>>
>>724163737
You always get the tip, we remember who doesnt treat us right.
Hope you like jizz in your chowder.
>>
>>724163836
They can't force you to claim tips you didn't get idiot. That is illegal. I can see why you're a server.
>>
Ever heard of common decency?

Why the fuck do non-tippers think not tipping is some revolutionary idea, on some philosophical shit.
>>
>>724163855
Then be a man and tell your server you don't tip before they take your order you cowardly nigger fagot.
>>
>>724163857
they are actually taxed on the tips they "should" recieve. Just yknow....so you know...
>>
>>724163855
I texhnivally have the right to beat you with a pipe wrench and rape you for hours like the retarded fuck toy you are, but there are rules in place that make it so i shouldnt.
>>
File: 1482008444619.jpg (31KB, 474x595px) Image search: [Google]
1482008444619.jpg
31KB, 474x595px
>>724163656
>implying it's my fault you agreed to be underpaid
>implying me not paying more than something costs is fighting the system
>implying the expectations corporate overlords trick you into adopting should motivate me
>>
>>724163857
This. They don't want tipping to go away because they would make SUBSTANTIALLY less money for their shit job. They would get paid 7-9$/hr and pay taxes on it. Instead of $3/hr and $100+ in tips a night untaxed.
>>
File: 669.png (899KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
669.png
899KB, 680x907px
>not just paying a tip because society says so and your not poor enough for it to matter or autistic enough to care
>>
>>724163706
You might not be, but you'll have solid unbiased data to back you either way. Post the results on /b/
>>
>>724163834
Nice try. But sure. Whatever makes you feel better. Let's pretend you make more than me. Like I give a fuck, random nobody online
>>
>>724163512
You can get takeout from any steakhouse with no problem whatsoever. You're just a sad, cheap fuck it's as simple as it can be said. You want a restaurant where you can pour your own drinks and carry your plates so you don't have to tip? They already exist. Stick to buffets, you classless slob.
>>
>>724163857
At my place, everyone pays with a card so I can't fudge the numbers...so I pay tax on all my tips.
>>
>>724163983
Broke ass nigger detectex.
>>
>>724164118
rules are in place saying you technically don't have that right. dummy
>>
>>724164011
Again, I can travel/eat wherever I want. Did anyone force you to become a shitty server? Did they put a gun to your head? Idiot.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.