[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: we discuss the ethics and economics of the United States'

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: veg-vs-meat.jpg (63KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
veg-vs-meat.jpg
63KB, 600x340px
ITT: we discuss the ethics and economics of the United States' mostly omnivore population.

I'll assume we can all agree that large-scale meat production is bad for our environment and inhumane. But what about individual hunting?

Also, is omnivorism to vegetarianism as fossil fuels are to green energy? What does the average american's diet look like in 100 years?
>>
>>724110823
Theres too many americans, you're too well armed and too fucking hungry (obesity stats nuffin personnel kid) for your environment to support that's why they have to mass produce cows.
100 years from now the average american will scoop rotten food out of smashed rusty tin cans, they'll scan their surroundings for mutants between each mouthful, they'll be ragged and thin, dietary choices will be a thing of the past, edibility will be the only thing that matters.
>>
>>724110823
You're a retard if you think you can tell people to stop eating meat. I know bad things happen to animals but that's not going to stop me from eating them.
>>
This discussion is irrelevant. In vitro meat production is on track to becoming cheaper than animal meat, at which point economics will dictate it's general uptake, even though animal rights conscious millennials will be on board anyway. Natural meat will become super expensive and a luxury product.
>>
>>724111263
What if nobody told you not to, but it just got more expensive? Something like sin taxes on tobacco and alcohol, or a cheaper synthetic alternative?
>>
>>724110823
I guess the facts are there...but i just don't care enough to change my diet
>>
Spotted the vegan.
>>
>>724111608
yeah that's pretty much where i'm at too. like give me a plant that tastes like meat and i'll eat it but until then idc
>>
>>724111534
>sin taxes
>synthetic alternatives
I'd start killing faggots like you for making the world a shittier place.
>>
I wonder what the impact would be on the general food market if lots of farmers suddenly found farming financially unviable because their main source of income was then being cultured in a laboratory for a fraction of the cost.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.