[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get advice for some relationship trouble? I have literally no

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5433.jpg (248KB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5433.jpg
248KB, 750x740px
Get advice for some relationship trouble? I have literally no friends to talk about this to and my dad doesn't support me being in a relationship AT ALL. I'd listen to him if I could. Here's some background on myself

> 18
> 7/10 dude I think
> Live with dad
> No car
> Work 5 days a week from 7 AM to 7 PM
> In on-again off-again relationship with girl (all ended by me, started again by her convincing me)
> Recently have gnawing suspicion that she's cheating

I'm at a loss and seeing as how reading articles online on how to calm down from this don't feel genuine or they don't apply to me, I can only stay stagnant on this and grow more and more depressed. If you guys will, I can give a bit more details

Btw if I feel like it, once this thread is over I'll start a Tinder thread.
>>
>>724083638
Dude you're probably just feeling insecure or jealous because you're not talking to your girlfriend about your issues.
Why don't you try and discuss that shit in a productive manner?

What are you depressed about?
>>
>>724084287

Well it's not something that I haven't tried doing. Every time I bring it up she says she isn't a hoe and wouldn't do that kind of stuff to me, but then she does certain things or my friends say some things are going on, and seeing as how both have lied to me one way or another I don't know who to trust anymore. It's kinda killing me right now.
>>
>>724084287
>>724084545
It also doesn't help that I haven't seen her in 2 weeks in person. Texting doesn't help because it doesn't feel real, it just feels like I'm talking to one of you guys or something, yknow it's not gonna have an effect on me no matter what I do when texting, only real life is what matters.
>>
>>724084545
>You don't have to date someone if you fully expect them to break your heart,
>and friends you can't trust aren't friends at all.

That said, you can always figure out if your friends are trustable.

I don't think asking her if she's cheating(especially without a really good reason) is gonna help.
Have you asked yourself why you think she would cheat on you?
>>
>>724084801
There's still someone on the other end of that phone.
>>
>>724084937
I mean I know why she would. I'm super paranoid because I spend 5 days at a time completely alone, unable to really talk to others because of my distaste to texting and wanting to talk face-to-face instead, and not compromising on that. This always ends up in me becoming so paranoid that I start texting her, going into her personal life and thinking that everything she tells me are lies. I know how unhealthy it is but my job is literally killing me and I can't do anything about it for now because I'm doing it for my family.

I also keep the friends that I can't trust because they're all I have. I live in a place where you need a car to get anywhere social and since I don't have one they're the only outlets I have.
>>
>>724085006
I can't change how I think so easily, man.
It's not like I like that feeling.
>>
>>724085575
1.What's the worst case scenario?[what are you worried about
2.Accept what would happen if the worst were to happen
3.improve on the worst, do what you can to improve the worst possible outcome.

>>724085643
Yeah, I getcha.

I hope you figure things out with your girlfriend.

Do you have any friends that would be good to talk to about this? Or, [alternatively] skype threads are good for commiseration and companionship :P

I got through highschool thanks to /soc/ skype threads.
>>
>>724083638
How's the rest of your life going? Is anything else bothering you?
>>
>>724086113
Alright I've been trying to do the list but all I can think of is if the worst happen I'd fall into a drinking habit again and lose more people. I'll try to dwell on it a little bit more to see what else I can come up with so it won't hit me too hard. I'll also check out that skype call stuff. Maybe venting a little more will solve it I dunno.

>>724086220
No, no friends. The friends I do have are connected to her in a way that I'm worried shes trying to get with one of them and they're all closer friends to him than I am to any of them. I've had a lot of chances taken by him so I'm trying to distance myself, but again, it's hard when him and his friends are all I got. Other than that and being socially isolated, I don't have any other problems.

Thanks, y'all might've helped me out a little bit more. I'll give it time.
>>
>>724087018
That's maybe a concern but that'd be your choice.
Worst case would be like she is cheating on you and lying to you.
If you can't trust someone not to do that to you though you should seriously consider if it's worth it to be with them.

---------

When someone offers you help you don't say "why didn't you help me more?"
Unless you're ungrateful.
>>
>>724087018
OH also, never forget the value of being positive.
eg. thinking "how could this work out well, what would be a good outcome that I could move towards" etc.
Anyways, good luck.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.