[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone feel like talking about black holes?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

File: 558932 (1).jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
558932 (1).jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Anyone feel like talking about black holes?
>>
>>723865412
they try to steal everything.
>>
>>723865911
They are the ultimate Nigga
>>
File: Are You A God.jpg (35KB, 248x238px) Image search: [Google]
Are You A God.jpg
35KB, 248x238px
I know that uneducated hicks and dumb fat kids like to pretend that a black hole is some kind of cosmic vacuum cleaner that brutally sucks up and rapes everything in sight, but it's just a point of (theoretically) infinite gravity. You can orbit them, in fact we have images of stars orbiting the black hole at the center of the Milky Way.

It's not like you're any more fucked falling into a black hole than you would be falling into the sun, or any more likely to suddenly go uncontrollably whipping into it for no reason.

Also, the supermassive one at the galaxy's core doesn't "drive" the galaxy. Compared to the mass of the milky way, or even the thousand light years around it, it doesn't weigh that much.
>>
I read if a human fell into a black hole, they'd be stretched to a 1 atom wide stripe of plasma that would rotate around it.

That's FUCKED UP.
>>
File: still not asking for it.jpg (91KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
still not asking for it.jpg
91KB, 1080x1080px
Whitney's vagina is NOT public parking
>>
>>723867667
but imagine the terror as you fall into a supermassive black hole and you don't feel significant gravitational effects until you approach the singularity. you would see pure blackness all around you knowing that there is no escape
>>
>>723867667
What interest me most about black holes is the gravitational time dilation.
>>
if you were to get sucked into the blackhole, wouldn't time/space just curve like it normally does ( but in extreme fashion ). You wouldn't notice any change at all. Anymore than you do currently. The matrix we exist on is all fucking relative anyway.
>>
>Reading Gawker Media
>>
>>723868152
what interest me most is your grammothers anus dilation
>>
>>723867667
Nah, if you fell into the sun, you would be incinerated very quickly. If you fell into a black hole, you would be spaghettified until you reached the singularity, upon which you would would reanimate on the other end of the wormhole somewhere/time.
>>
>>723867667
I'm more interested in the "Great Attractor" that shows up as a gravitational anomaly rather than a point of infinite gravitation that a black hole is. The thing that's causing our galaxy and many others to hurdle towards it not in correlation to background radiation from the initial first expansion
>>
>>723865412
how about 4chan is like a black hole that sucks everything in and then dies by broken neck trying to suck itself off
>>
File: son_of_nibbles_7d3f71[1].jpg (76KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
son_of_nibbles_7d3f71[1].jpg
76KB, 640x427px
>>
where do the things blackholes absorb go?
>>
File: big-black-holes-fucking.jpg (602KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
big-black-holes-fucking.jpg
602KB, 960x640px
>>723865412
>>
>>723868386
Tell me more about this. How strong is it?
>>
File: Dip_the_Wick_by_CactusPubes.png (46KB, 1044x1212px) Image search: [Google]
Dip_the_Wick_by_CactusPubes.png
46KB, 1044x1212px
Black holes are black, and so is my neighbour who I turned into a jar of canoli oil using a spell I got from Lord Flooberdollfugüs of the Bavarian Wizard Duchy.
>>
>>723868152
Interesting point. I a human fell into a black hole, would they ever reach the singularity, from their perspective?
>>
>>723869611
From what I know, yes, time would seemingly be passing normally for the person falling through a black hole, but if that person would survive "which I'm assuming will never be possible" It could be 100 years later on earth.
>>
>>723869611
Interesting question.
>>
In a metaphysical sense, if one were to enter the black hole and enter a different reality, does that mean black holes are the key to breaking our simulation?
>>
>>723868739
after theyve been spaghettified they get emitted as Hawking radiation, which is the radiation given off as they slowly die, another interesting point, the larger a black hole the slower it decays
>>
>>723868996
We're traveling at 2.2 mil km/hr towards it in the milky way and it's at the center of the Laniakea Supercluster. It itself is moving towards the Shapley Supercluster which is the largest gravitational interacting unit in our local galactic sector which is actually pulling the universe around it together instead of apart. We've discovered a few other major attactors but I believe the "Great Attractor" was the first known one
>>
>>723868527
>dies by broken neck

THAT'S HOW THE COPS KILL YOU WHEN YOU GET SENT TO PRIVATE PRISON
>>
Is that a Pulsar? That shit is fucking bright as fuck.
>>
>>723870303
technically it could be, we arent really sure what goes on past the event horizon because theres no light coming back for us to see it, its impossible for anything to transmit back as well, even if you did make it to a different reality the laws of physics may be different, gravity might not even be a thing there, we just dont know.
>>
File: 1450407102455.jpg (35KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450407102455.jpg
35KB, 480x720px
>>723871346
What if our universe is beyond the event horizon of a black hole? And inside the millions of black holes in our universe are millions of universes which contain millions of black holes that contain millions of universes that contain millions of black holes that contain millions of universes that contain millions of black holes.
>>
>>723871716
Welcome to string theory
>>
yea i'd love to talk about your mums pussy
>>
>>723869574
omg so random
>>
File: galaxy size comparison chart.png (2MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy size comparison chart.png
2MB, 1600x1600px
>>
>>723873094
It is random.
But was it funny?
In my head, yes.
>>
File: 20f04268bf18e9cca40c4f09932d8a69.jpg (478KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20f04268bf18e9cca40c4f09932d8a69.jpg
478KB, 1024x768px
Do blackholes have a size? I don't mean the radius of the event horizon, but the blachole itself. I am assuming the term singularity implies zero volume, but is it possible to have a non-singularity blackhole?
>>
>>723873928
Could they really have a fixed size when there is a constant influx of matter being broken down and compressed into this 'singularity'? What I mean is at what point would you draw a line and say that's where it starts?
>>
>>723868263
cant read no more RIP
>>
Considering that I'll probably never have a girlfriend ever, I'd probably be very content with a black hole coming in and destroying the earth.
>>
File: images.jpg (17KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 266x400px
Has anyone give this a read?
>>
>>723868374
This is the single most dumb thing I have ever read about black holes. Black hole and worm holes are not the same thing thing and both of them have theoretical properties. However based on the inferred properties of a black hole, you would be spaghettified but no you would not be wormholed, you would be crushed into oblivion.

One thing that used to scare me was the idea of a black hole forever consuming mass making g row larger forever. However, scientists have concluded that they will stop growing after about the mass of ten billion suns.
>>
>>723874313
That's what I mean. A blackhole is anything with gravity strong enough that the escape velocity exceeds the speed of light. If it is a singularity - that is, zero volume, no matter how much stuff it takes in, its volume will still remain zero. This is because stuff is so compressed that it overcomes the degeneracy pressure. My question is, is it possible to have an object that has that kind of gravity without being overcome by degeneracy pressure, and as such, would still have a non-zero volume?
>>
>>723874737
its probably completely bullshit
>>
steven hawkings theorys' about bh's were proven wrong which is what the media since the 8-'s have been portraying as fact so you most likely dont know what the fuck you are talking about but think you do
>>
>>723871787
>>723871716
and then all of that is on top of a giant turtles back! like whoah dude prohahbly-woooah
>>
>>723867667
If black holes had infinite gravity, then wouldn't they bestow infinite acceleration upon everything in the universe and thus instantly the whole universe would already be in a black hole?
>>
File: Vlcsnap-29564.png (101KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-29564.png
101KB, 320x240px
>>723876125
Nope. Think again.
>>
>>723876171
>If black holes had infinite gravity
They don't.

>wouldn't they bestow infinite acceleration upon everything in the universe
They can't, see above.

>and thus instantly the whole universe would already be in a black hole?
That could be possible, but not because of what you said.

Remember that gravity is a property of mass. Black holes can exist across a very wide range of masses, and as such, they can have a wide range of gravity.

The one thing that all black holes have in common is an escape velocity that is greater than the speed of light. That's it.
>>
>>723865412
OK you retards get ready
>Fall into black hole you will basically die instantly
If someone was observing you, they would never see you hit the singularity, ever. This is because light can not escape. So: You die instantly, your light looks like it's frozen but you're not frozen, you're mom's spaghetti.
>>
>>723877381
KNEES WEEK ARMS HEVEE
MOMS SPAGHET
>>
>>723877381
don't forget your frozen image slowly red shifting out of existence.
>>
I'm always down to talk about black holes. Also I'm very excited for April. They are going to attempt to take the first ever picture of one with the Event Horizon Telescope. :)
>>
>>723877482
VOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ON SW
>>
>>723865412
no. i'm not a miscegenist.
>>
https://youtu.be/06FIhS_KCo8?t=32m50s
>>
>>723870392
even more interesting, the rate of decay is not proportional the volume within the event horizon but actually to the surface area of the event horizon.
>>
Because of theoretical infinite gravity, and the subsequent time dilution, you would probably experience the end of the universe before youre body died from lack of water or oxygen.
>>
>>723868076
You won't see pure black u tard did you watch interstellar
>>
>>723869859
No the person know he fell into the hole, but to someone else he falls slower and slower and seems to hang on the edge forever,never crossing the event horizon
>>
>>723865412
Are there any good books that cover the basics of space and the universe?
>>
Not directly related to topic but still physics related:

Could you break the speed of light through the application of the pythagorean theorem?

Assuming a ship equipped with 2x sufficiently large EM Drives that are installed perpendicular to eachother; could each drive accelerate to 0.8 speed of light on their independent vectors therefore passing the speed of light as a sum of the vectors?
>>
>>723880362
time will always dilate to stop you from breaking that.
>>
>>723875216
>is it possible to have an object that has that kind of gravity without being overcome by degeneracy pressure, and as such, would still have a non-zero volume?
We are unsure if there is another pressure after neutron degeneracy pressure, and if there was it would be impossible to measure because it will always be behind the singularity. From a mathematical perspective, the event horizon is just the solution to Einstein's equations for a point mass. It turns out that any mass distribution can be considered as a point mass at the center of gravity (that freshman physics approximation is actually pretty valid) so any mass distribution with enough density will create an event horizon. Since the solution to the equations is a unique one, any mass distribution within the event horizon itself is equivalent to a point mass.
>>
>>723880794
>behind the singularity
meant event horizon, sorry.
>>
>>723865412
>black holes
Never fucked one, but I've always been curious
>>
>>723868374
Fucking bullshit right here folks
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.