[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a Psychologist. AMA

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: download.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 225x225px
I'm a Psychologist. AMA
>>
File: Bork.png (10KB, 351x355px) Image search: [Google]
Bork.png
10KB, 351x355px
What do you think America should do about it's abysmal, disgustingly shitty mental health system?
>>
>>723797490
My gf has BPD, ADHD, unspecified anxiety and is a drug addict (currently clean) what are the odds of her going off the deep end again?
>>
>>723797571
Good question.
Not American myself, but I would just simply suggest greater understanding and greater funding.
Take the NHS, our Mental Health system isn't great, but our national health system is. Apply the same formula, should get results
>>
>>723797490
Psychology is a joke
>>
>>723797658
If she can control herself with regular therapy, drugs (If needed, I.E: SSRI's) and motivation, there's no reason why she wont come out clean
>>
How could I get you to prescribe me Adderall without having adhd
>>
>>723797490
Psychology is not a real science.
>>
File: 1487954056426.png (55KB, 660x589px) Image search: [Google]
1487954056426.png
55KB, 660x589px
>>723797813
jesus christ same
>>
>>723797813
Could try Ritalin? Or something similar that I think you can get from Ebay
>>
>>723797490
What's a good way to mess with a psychologist? Are there any inside jokes?
>>
>>723797840
We were having this discussion the other day. psychology attempts to use scientific methods, but ultimately there are certain areas that can't be measured scientifically (mind, thoughts, etc)
>>
>>723797975
are you fucking retarded
>>
>>723797840
It's more of a science than psychiatry, which is about prescribing medications to fix everything.
>>
>>723798026
Adderall controls the nervous system to tone down Hyperactivity, Ritalin does the same (only for ADD). It helps you focus (granted, not the desired effect, but in theory, could help)
>>
>>723797490
What qualifications do you have?
>>
>>723798345
Bsc + Ma Currently. Working towards a doctorate
>>
>>723797490
ok anon, I ruin relationships, i tend to find something i can get out of them and use them for that. once it dries up i no longer have a need for her. I now have little to know friends in life, yet Im not bothered. one of my youngiest memories are playing with a older boys dick. maybe sucking it hows your day?
>>
>>723798503
So you're not a psychologist, then?
>>
>>723797490
hey, me too. what is your theoretical orientation?
>>
>>723797490
Can I see a psychologist to get assessed for Aspergers? (Or HFA with the DSM-5 I guess)
>>
>>723798679
yes, of course.
>>
>>723797490
How long do you cook a burger on both sides and how often do you flip it for best results?
>>
Do you take dreaming seriously?
>>
>>723797490
If I take a drunk girl home and make her safe. Giving her some eggs the next morning while reassuring her she doesn't have to tell me what happened but she does have to eat the eggs will she like me as more than a friend?
>>
>>723797490
How do you explain to your Liberal SJW buddies (yeah, I got 'em) why you read 4Chan when they're all convinced it's just for Nazi and Pedo's?
>>
>>723798788
Not OP, but just as qualified. From a psychodynamic standpoint, dreams can be interpreted as fantasies to get at unconscious material if a patient brings up multiple dreams with the same theme.
But traditional psychology as it's popularized is insane and doesn't work. Short answer is "no."
>>
File: 1487375400049.jpg (167KB, 720x1280px)
1487375400049.jpg
167KB, 720x1280px
>>723797490
Psychology was installed to sell us Jewish owned pharmaceuticals. All you do is blocking and inhibiting neurophysiological pathways, you're "profession" is a joke lmao
>>
>>723798679
dude there's no such thing as assburgers it's a conspiracy by big pharma to sell addictive drugs to children
>>
>>723797490
Is transexuality a mental illness like anorexia?
Is gay fap to traps?
>>
>>723798819
Psycologist can't answer these conundrums
>>
I have OCD and GAD and am currently going to therapy. I also was given prescriptions by my PCP for Buspar which makes me sleepy as fuck. SSRI's gave me horrible panic attacks even worse than what I experience on a daily basis.

My wife doesnt want to have sex anymore and I have two kids. My therapist thinks I just need to wait until she is ready and the kids are older but I want to cheat. I think my OCD is worse because of no sex.

Whsts your opinion?
>>
>>723798965
babby's first troll

>>723799032
no, and probably

>>723799105
most effective treatment for OCD and GAD is Cognitive-behavioral therapy. Specifically exposure/response prevention for OCD. Panic attacks and obsessions are maintained through negative reinforcement and should be confronted and challenged (SAFELY).
It's an uncomfortable treatment, but you can have a full recovery.
>>
>>723799339

I am deathly afraid of germs and chemicals and will wash my hands and body many times to be safe. Other times I get obsessed with sex and feel like my life and marriage fell apart because we are not having it. Other times I will check to make sure the door is locked or alarm is checked at least 50 times a day. I will get up in the middle of the night to do this. Further I am a hypochondriac and will obsessively Google symptomsand jump to unfounded medical conclusions to where I am convinced I will die.

My therapist just tells me to not wash my hands and take a clonipin for anxiety or tells me not to Google medical shit.
>>
Well it was two years ago exactly that the only time anybody said they loved me happened. That was two years ago since anybody really loved me, and they hate me now. I never did anything with anyone. Not even a kiss. I'm 41. One person ever said hey loved me, it was two years ago exaxtly, but then some mutual friends made fun of them until they ditched me. Its totally hooeless, only person I ever had love me in my whole life was taken away from me by some asshole jealous people and hates me now. Plannin to shoot myself in the head on Wednesday.
>>
>>723799835
cool story bro
>>
>>723797490
What did you eat for breakfast?
>>
File: 1488164790440.jpg (439KB, 1200x792px) Image search: [Google]
1488164790440.jpg
439KB, 1200x792px
>>723799933
checked
>>
>>723799607
Benzodiazepines will further increase the negative reinforcement.

What you should do in exposure therapy is trigger the feeling that you need to wash exposure) and not be allowed to wash (response prevention). The therapist should do this with you. There are lots of videos of this online if you are curious.

Logic doesn't work here, you can't "think" your way out of OCD. But there's no way to prevent germs, they're around us all the time. They are not going to kill you. Easy to say, but you have to prove it to yourself. I hope you find someone trained in exposure therapy. It would turn your life around.
>>
>>723799835
Well, if it's that bad I would recommend going into therapy. Group therapy for social anxiety might help.
But honestly if you're thinking about ending your life, you owe it to yourself to at least live free for a while. Go up and cold introduce yourself to people- if you're going to die, why does it matter if you're embarrassed?
>>
>>723797490
personality disorder other specified with cluster B traits (Narcissistic and antisocial) traits here, what are my treatment options here
>>
>>723800398

The benzos were given to me by a different doc for GAD but he never diagnosed me for OCD. My therapist diagnosed me for OCD and told me that I need to listen to my current doc and take the Buspar he gave me.

We talk a lot about logic because I am a software engineer and logic is so important to me but she did explain this is not something my intellectual mind can reason through.

She doesnt do response prevention with me, but she does give me take home instructions and relaxation and diversion exercises. We talk a lot about my deep need for complete control and she regularly reminds me how powerless I am to affect certain things in my life.

This helped me realize why I love computers so much, it is because I have complete control over them. They do exactly what they are programmed to do.
>>
>>723800727
1. get a proper diagnosis.
2. Transference focused psychotherapy is effective for narcissism

>>723801100
I don't mean to insult your therapist, but it sounds like what you're doing in treatment is reasoning through it, despite that not being effective. You MUST challenge your compulsions if you are to see that you can actually not wash and be ok. It also has to be your own decision, and needs to happen repeatedly to extinguish the behavior.
>>
>>723797729
don't give ppl false hope
>>
Are there any books you could suggest for reading if I were interested in psychology as a hobby?

Might sound funny, but under 'hobby' I mean occasional research and practical use in real life, such as reading body language, face expressions and similar shit.

I don't want to know what medicine is prescribed for what, but rather I'd like to know about the practical part. IF it confuses you, I can elaborate more.

thanks nigga
>>
>>723801814
thinking fast and slow, daniel kahneman
>>
>>723797490
What can I say to that grill I like who's brother is in hospital rn? She's not officially my gf but so much shit has happened to her lately, I don't really know how to react
>>
>>723797490
What the fuck did you eat for breakfast faggot!?
>>
>>723797490
You all know i need to datamine this shit. I cant imagine the sorts of dank facts these kinds of threads relay.
>>
>>723802075
>thinking fast and slow, daniel kahneman

thank
>>
File: 6IG27wD.gif (64KB, 511x285px) Image search: [Google]
6IG27wD.gif
64KB, 511x285px
Why do my spaghetti-0s keep making lightning?
>>
Psychology is not a science.
>>
>>723797490
What's your favourite colour?
>>
>>723797490
Can you toy with girls minds?
>>
>>723802444
It's because steel beams can't melt jet fuel
>>
>>723797490
If your concerned about being a psychopath/sociopath, is it likely that you're not one?
>>
>>723802227
a bag of dicks
>>
>>723797490
Ive just recently realized that ive lived 15 years of my life high on several layers of denial. I finnally see how much of a retard i was and im going to change my ways.
Iam unto something or im just going insane??
>>
>>723797490
Why are all psychologist all fucked up in the head? Would you ever date / marry a psychologist?
>>
Should I just give in and stick my dick in a wall socket?
>>
>>723797490
Do you guys believe in karma?
If not, why?
>>
>>723802444
I dont know but if you eat too many of them you end up with THUNDER tights.
Do you think there is a link; could spaghetti-0s be a new undiscovered energy source?
>>
>>723797490
there is a girl which i love (she said she loves me too) but she is flirting with everyone (she thinks its normal) and that really bothers me
thing is i CAN NOT leave her (i tried), what should i do, she is a great girl but i think that best quality a girl can possibly have is loyalty
>>
>>723802632
Kek, classic OP being a faggot.
>>
>>723802966
Not OP.

What means flirting to you?
Maybe she just wants to talk to some other guys?

Good friend of mine has a 4year relationship with his girl. She does that also sometimes.
And afterwards she flirted, they gome home to fuck.
But he also flirts with other girls..

Think thats not a big deal.
>>
>>723803115
>And afterwards she flirted, they gome home to fuck.
My friend and her of course
>>
>>723797689
Didn't Reagan close down a bunch of mental asylums decades ago?
>>
I need an answer to this,

>last week find about 40 matches on the floor of my girlfriends two children's bedroom and tell her
>oh that was from them picking them up (apparently they found a box on the back of the toilet)
>week later I go up and find still 8 matches laying on the floor including 2 on the steps going to their bedroom.

My question is, if I can see this immediately and realize it's not right - why can't she? I have no children of my own but I swear it's like she has no common sense.

Does she hate her own children?
>>
>>723803980
Ages 8 and 5 btw, but they haven't "played" with matches yet as far as I know
>>
>>723802600
Answer me, I had dubs

>Can you toy with girls minds?
>>
>>723804107
no
>>
>>723804143
>no
Isn't it a fact that girls minds are much weaker than ours?
>>
I have harm ocd and the fucking images of me hurting my girl or stuff happening to her don't let me sleep I don't have impulses of hurting her or anything it's just hard to sleep because every fucking time I close my eyes I see that shit

Any ideas on how to stop it or get cured?
>>
>>723803592
I had two kids with a psychologist and she is the most unstable, agressive and manipulative person I have ever met.

Ben gay on the balls is a great metaphore.
>>
>>723797729
You are being pretty sunny regarding conditions that are known to have high relapse rates.
In most states you can't refer to yourself as a Psychologist until you have a Ph.D. are a licensed to practice.
How many hours are you away from your associates degree?
>>
>>723797708
>Psychology is a joke
Not op, real psychologist here
>Social work is a joke
>Religion is a joke
>Psychology is a science
>>
>>723797490
what's your opinion on the false memory debate?
>>
>>723797490
Why did you get a degree in pseudoscience?
>>
>>723798562
>So you're not a psychologist, then?
Boom
>>
>>723797490
I've been having flashbacks about child abuse (non-sexual) from a recently discovered repressed memory that go a long way in explaining why I'm fucked up. It happened 20+ years ago in Germany but we both live in Illinois now. Can I still sue the fucker that did it?
>>
>>723804106
The placement of the matches implies "play"
Doesn't make it a psychological issue.
Kids need parenting - if you see something say something
>>
I took psychology in highschool, my boyfriend ask how season depression happens. I could explain it to him but I gave him a few vague things I could remember about. Would you mind explaining it?
>>
>>723803676
It started before Reagan. Community mental health centers and hospitals were defunded. It had as much to do with advocates for mental health rights as it did Reagan.
>>
>>723805589
>Can I still sue the fucker that did it?
Why are you asking a wannabe-psychologist a legal question? Find a wannabee-lawyer.
>>
>>723804258
>>no
>Isn't it a fact that girls minds are much weaker than ours?

OP YOU FUCKING TWAT, THIS ISN'T AMA IF YOU DON'T ANSWER, LITTLE SHIT
>>
>>723797490
Alright, lets see my wife of 4 years refuses A.A drinks all our cash up our 3 year old sees her passed out this way everyday . We talk about it everything is fine for a day then back to normal Wat do anon ?
>>
>>723805976
Go to Alanon. They've all been in your shoes.
>>
TIL psychologists are dicks
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.