[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/, once you realised there is no real purpose and we make

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

Hey /b/, once you realised there is no real purpose and we make our own, where did you go from there? And more importantly, why don't you just fucking kill yourself instead of trying?
>>
>>723733530
I chose the way of the holy spirit. Nihilist teenagers/adolescents can keep on projecting and hating I focus on my work and creating a family
>>
I'm just going along with doing what feels good.

I'll keep doing it until it no longer works, then i'll cash out.
>>
>>723733530
I still have family and my friends. I'm still fortunate to have a job. I like seeing what happens next. Start going on walks,OP.
>>
are you just understanding that there is no end goal for life? No god that puts you on a single path to where you go?
that is rather obvious
>>
Dude get over you nihilistic/emo phase and grow the fuck up!

There is no higher purpose in life than becoming the greatest human you can.

To quote solid Snake: "find something to believe in, and when you do, pass it on."
>>
I do what I enjoy. Got a job I enjoy, read, play musical instrument, train, walk in nature, learning a language, get laid ocasionally. It's all good.

There's also a whole spiritual thing with meditation and so on but it's not necessary for enjoying life.
>>
>>723733530
well, it's my one chance at life so I kinda want to see if it will get better. Out of all the years to ever happen, I'll only exist for a few dozen, and I see the point in suicide if you're a girl or in africa, but not as a white guy in America
>>
>>723733673
So you found purpose in religion? That's fair enough. Out of interest, have you looked at your beliefs philosophically, or have you taken them at face value in order to live your life.

I ask because I find I'm too (overly) critical to have faith in much
>>
File: Justin_9145c5_6148885.jpg (88KB, 640x561px) Image search: [Google]
Justin_9145c5_6148885.jpg
88KB, 640x561px
>>723733530
It's the small things man
>>
>>723734163
I hate this "feel good" bullshit people spout just so they can feel like they've contributed anything to the world. It takes NOTHING to write some meaningless untrue words but you get so many upvotes and attention likes for it
and anybody who is inspired or agrees with them is a guaranteed cocksucker, whether female or gay
>>
>>723733530
on the other one hand, you can do nothing. on the other hand, it means you have total freedom to do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
Read The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus. It deals directly with this issue. It begins with the statement that the ultimate question for any philosopher is whether or not he should commit suicide.
>>
File: 1464581810726.jpg (66KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1464581810726.jpg
66KB, 500x545px
>>723733530
i try to find what i really liked, and that was sells, im an entrepreneur now, and you know, I can always just kill myself if I get in a moment of jail or something like that.
>>
>>723733781
Nah I've accepted that for a while. It's just moving on from that fact. There's no drive to achieve much knowing the only attachment to my achievements is a fleeting emotional one
>>
success can be satisfying otherwise I'm rather hedonistic
>>
Well, when i was around 7y old and had this realisation, i really did want to kill myself for around a year or so. After that, i realised that purpose is not necessary at all. At this point I'm just in it for the fun. Yes, i go to uni and I'll likely get a job like a normal person, but thats all just to get money to have more fun. My advice is to skip nihilism and get on to egoistic hedonism. It's great.
>>
>>723734522
See, I understand Camus' point: imagine Sisyphus happy. However it's still something to stop the empty feeling. Happiness is not an end, but a means to preventing suicide. Once I realise that the whole lesson seems meaningless
>>
Why try when we dont even know if this is a computer simulation or not?
>>
>>723733530
No purpose could justify the inherent suffering of all life, which can only survive by bringing suffering and death to other life. To participate in this world is to give approval to the immorality of the system. Not to commit suicide is the primary immoral act. With every breath, your immune system kills 10,000 microorganisms.

If you accept that you are an immoral creature of an immoral universe, you are free to do whatever you want. Learn to enjoy giving and receiving pain. Love is pain, and pain is love.
>>
>>723734370
Posting shit about how fucked up anything around is won't make it much better neither.
Better than nothing if you asked me
>>
>>723734848
The nihilism has seemed to follow the hedonism for me. Seeing beyond pleasure as an end has kind of ruined it :/
>>
>>723734921
Sisyphus is happy to spite the Gods. His spite is what keeps him going, and the fact that he is able to be happy in a world designed to make him miserable is his victory. If he gave in to misery or killed himself, he would be giving victory to the Gods, who hate him.

Camus is saying you should live happily in a miserable world, as a way of saying, "Fuck you," to God.
>>
Enjoy life fucking, eating and shitting, sleep and have fun with the people and things you love. That's all, nothing more and live in equilibrium with nature.
>>
>>723735258
See, that still comes down to a sense of hedonism in my eyes- there is pleasure in telling God to fuck himself. It's the hedonism that's the problem- it's a distraction to keep us from commiting suicide.
The only solace I seem to find in this issue is in Kafka, with the idea that to commit suicide is pointless as we're "giving nothing over to the nothing." For me, it hits home more than much Camus has said.
>>
File: triple-dome-survival-shelter-sm.jpg (438KB, 1000x626px) Image search: [Google]
triple-dome-survival-shelter-sm.jpg
438KB, 1000x626px
I just float through life and accept what life gives me. I'm happy. Going to die soon enough. No need to rush it.
>>
File: 122.jpg (17KB, 325x287px) Image search: [Google]
122.jpg
17KB, 325x287px
>>723733530
I realized there are orgasms and cookies, so I spend most of my time with those things.
>>
Also, you are a little stupid part of the whole universe, so, all your stupids dreams and personal bitters are meanenless in this whole dimension.
Or you enjoy it, or you suffer for nothing.
>>
>>723736002
So, pleasure? y tho
>>
>>723735776
It's not just the pleasure of being happy through spite, though, that keeps Sisyphus going. It's his pride. By being able to frustrate the Gods, Sisyphus elevates himself to their level. He refuses to be their victim.

This isn't advice. If you don't have that stubborn pride in yourself, already, then you are God's victim. You should kill yourself. But if you have it, that is your apotheosis. There is an empty chair at the feast of the Gods, and you can sit it as the God of Fuck You All.

If that doesn't interest you, it's better to die than to suffer unending, insane misery.
>>
Nihilism is extremely depressing. Life is what we make of it and even if there seems to be no end goal I need to accomplish, I might as well bask in my ignorance the luxuries of life.
>>
>>723736113
So it boils down to pleasure or pain? If it's all meaningless as you say, what's the difference?
>>
Just take up wing suiting! And at least you will be considered an athlete when you go in! (Going in) is shop for eating dirt, or not surviving the jump! Lol. So I personally started jumping to jolt my self into a life that was numb and I found out I was still numb!.. thats my thing! But it beats the shit out of all the drugs and self pitty i already tried. Ps fuck you
>>
>>723733530
Because why not embrace the absurd?
>>
>once you realize..
You mean from birth right? Or were your parents some kind of religious nuts?
I knew from the start that once you die, it's done. Over. Good night.
There is no end goal or divine plan..
Just makes life 1000000x more important. You get one chance. Make the best out of it.
So I found several passions, hobbies, a job I love, people I love and live life to the fullest.
That's all you can do.
>>
>>723736283
Yes, why you see a purpose in life? Look how nature works, you are part of a whole universe, do you need more? A car a dream? That's fucking stupid. If you do your game well, having a work to eat sleep and shit, enjoy the time here.
>>
I guess if I'm just some idea of consiousness, I want to let my consciousness feel as much shit as it can before I just dissolve back into dust
>>
>>723733530
>Hey /b/, once you realised there is no real purpose and we make our own, where did you go from there?
Do whatever floats your boat.

>And more importantly, why don't you just fucking kill yourself instead of trying?
Because I don't want to.
>>
>>723736608
This.

We make our own purposes, and that's what's beautiful about living. We are all nothing more than knots and tangles of worldlines, a beautiful, cosmic, geometric dance into oblivion. There's so much beauty in the world- why not hop along for the ride for a bit?
>>
>>723733530
I recommend reading into a bit of Socrates. His whole shebang was finding balance and fulfillment in making your own purpose and focusing on this life rather than the next.
>>
>>723736002
Fuck yes. And guitars.
>>
>>723733530
>what is hedonism
>>
>>723733530
Life isnt bad enough to leave. Thats the only reason I'm still in it
>>
Just take up wing suiting! And at least you will be considered an athlete when you go in! (Going in) is shop for eating dirt, or not surviving the jump! Lol. So I personally started jumping to jolt my self into a life that was numb and I found out I was still numb!.. thats my thing! But it beats the shit out of all the drugs and self pitty i already tried. Ps fuck you
>>
File: Bukowski II.jpg (56KB, 514x782px) Image search: [Google]
Bukowski II.jpg
56KB, 514x782px
>>
File: IMG_3809.jpg (108KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3809.jpg
108KB, 528x960px
Life is great with all the stupids things they are in it, so, why suffer? Now if you are in Mexico getting your head ripped out, that's a really painful shit.
Otherwise just enjoy it have fun laugh, read, make memes, cry with a stupid movie and so fort.
>>
File: Bukowski I.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bukowski I.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>
>>723733530
Hey i made myself a purpose for my life as i think at some point in your life you will look back at your life and think about what you have done. i fear sorrow and so my purpose is to live life at its fullest and help people. sry for bad english
>>
>>723738367
I don't plan on making it to that age
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.