[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think of a movie you watched that is really deep and sort of

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1485151824155.jpg (828KB, 1350x940px) Image search: [Google]
1485151824155.jpg
828KB, 1350x940px
Think of a movie you watched that is really deep and sort of changed the way you look at the world.
I for some reason like The Gray in that category ,dunno why.
>>
Same, but Barbershop 2
>>
>>723697534
The Animatrix
>>
>>723697795
>Barbershop 2
Kek
>>
>>723697534
Interstellar.

Fuck that "love is the only perpetual force in the universe", bitch had contact with a higher tier species and the only thing he can think about is that a human concept somehow rules the multiverse? Fuck you man.

Anyway, it wasn't just the movie, it was just the initial step, but it showed me the human need to forcefully apply their own concepts and ideas to the whole universe ignoring the true greatness of it; our brain has developed in a context, but it's ridiculous to think that we can understand the inner workings of the universe and it's purpose by studying just a little tiny bit of it, aka the Earth. Yes, this also fucks with the idea of God and the existence of "good" or "bad", don't be silly.

Second step was the TV show Cosmos hosted by DeGrasse. A lot of information in that show is based on pure cience and physics, the only thing that has done something "good" for this gay humanity, and we still choose to ignore it because it's scary.

"Hurr unibrs is big n we r just a coincidence? fuk u man, ill care bout muh humin problims like smukin joints n titties"

It's okay, again our society and brains developed in a context where we all are special and important even when we do nothing with our fucking lifes, it's hard to think about life in other contexts that are not our original ones. We still react to instincts and our self-created delusion of current importance, and this wont end in the near future.

we are very interesting creatures, but it blows my mind that we care so much about mundane things like shopping, money, morale, etc. when, literally, we are just a drop of water in a waterfall, a waterfall that we can't even start to understand in our current position.

Anyway, we somehow as a humanity get deluded into this illusion, just a FEW of us go over the quo status and actually try to look further: Cientifics, theorical physics, mathematicians, even historians.

The unvierse is complex, but humanity... we take the prize.
>>
>>723698714
true
>>
>>723697534

really pumped me up and motivated me to lose weight.

now I feel like i can do anything and overcome all hardships.
>>
File: kevinnewyork100_v-contentxl.jpg (117KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
kevinnewyork100_v-contentxl.jpg
117KB, 1067x600px
>>723697534
Kevin alone in new york

Trump is a nice dude
>>
the watchmen, dr.manhattan's story is amazing to me
>>
File: F3ign.gif (977KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
F3ign.gif
977KB, 245x184px
Simpsons

Pic related
>>
> Girl, Interrupted

Not so much the movie itself but there's a line that always sticks with me whenever I'm on the verge of going back to my old self-destructive habits...

"How much will you indulge in your flaws? What are your flaws? Are they flaws?... If you embrace them, will you commit yourself to hospital?... for life?"
>>
It's such a beautiful day
>>
>>723697534
I dont have just one movie, i think in some parts of my life there are a few movies, that changed my look at the world, because i really enjoyed them and at that moment they, opened my mind to different view . The Doors; Dead man; Donnie Darko; Fight club; Stalker
>>
ex machina
>>
>>723700193

"We're all puppets, I'm just a puppet that can see the strings."

That quote fucks with so much more than just the comic plot, it's one of my favorites because Dr. Manhattan can literally know and do anything, and he understands that morale is not important in the big scheme of things, but he still plays along because, after all, it doesn't matter what he does or thinks, he's a puppet, but he knows it while the rest doesn't/Don't want to know.

And the juicy part is that many of us can be like Dr. Manhattan but in a social context: Society is a construct built over by the eras humanity has existed, but if you grab it and strip of everything involving the concept a society is just a group of dudes who do different stuff that no other can do for the same goal: survival. And in that scenario anyone can aknowledge it, you play your part and you are in the society, no need for ethics, justice, government, but we are so invested in our own world that we refuse to see that everything is a play going on: A puppet play, but those who understand it are the ones who can see the string, yet can't do anything about it because, in a twisted way, the current society works.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.