[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to my why millions of gamers are OK With

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 0917092128a_zpsfga8wsoc.jpg (152KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0917092128a_zpsfga8wsoc.jpg
152KB, 1024x768px
Can someone explain to my why millions of gamers are OK With murdering, slaughtering and brutalizing hundreds if not thousands of people, both artificial and as the online representation of their peers, but find rape super double morally repugnant?

Which is objectively worse for humanity: Removing the entire life and possibility of any further experiences from someone, or removing their agency for a time and leaving them with emotional scars? You're still ALIVE, you can still feel SOMETHING.

Every time I see gamers talking about rape in DND or video games or w/e and omg it's disgusting can't have it no no no terrible, but hey let's go fuckin kill like 500 people for funsies, maybe actually make it comedic.

What's the actual difference?
>>
>>723683365

Death is the end of suffering.
Sure its evil, but its not necessarily as cruel as rape.
>>
>>723683365
2/10 Reply hazy, try again
>>
>>723683365
try swapping rape in your argument with plain sex.

it would further highlight the moral idiocy of people
>>
I think one is forcing yourself into a unwilling person sexually.

And the other is just playing vidya
>>
if your a good fighter you dont have to defeat your enemy.
rape is about dominating someone else without consent.
>>
>>723683571
nigga I'm talkin about doing those things in games

why is rape in a game super duper taboo but the hero literally kills hundreds of people
>>
>>723684531

so your saying we should allow characters in game to rape your character?
>>
>>723683365
Games vs reality
>>
>>723683365
It's complicated, son. Let's just leave it at that.
>>
>>723684662
He's pointing out how stupid it is that extreme violence in games is considered fun, and is often a selling point, whereas extreme sex is banned.

I don't necessarily want to have my character raped in a game, but there's certainly a middle ground we should strive towards.
>>
>>723683365
Someone can me explain, why Millions of Players ACCEPT Murder, the Production of Meat and cruel Hundreds, if not Thousands, of People, both artificial, as well as on-Line on Behalf of Their Peers, however, a Violation that is Super double standard?

What Lens do worse for Humanity: the Repeal of all Life and the Possibility of any Impressions of someone, or to remove in Time, and Their emotional scars? You're still alive, you can still feel something.

Every time I see the Players to talk about the Violations of DNR or video Games or W/e and, Oh my God it sucks not to have that fear, but hey, we're going to go around 500 People who kill for Fun, you can actually make it Funny.

What is the Difference?
>>
File: 200006254.png (390KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
200006254.png
390KB, 500x498px
>>723685664
>>
>>723685664
Half of what you typed isn't even English
>>
Why can't people discern reality from fantasy? If they did, gaming wouldn't have any mental correlation to reality.
>>
http://pm2.in/GBX9
>>
>>723686435
rotten virus bullshit
>>
>>723683365
It's not taboo for entertainment media in general, it's usually the go do in tv shows, books, and movies if the plot is set in some long ago time. Game developers are just too chicken shit to even nudity or sex let alone rape. They say it has to do with ratings. They feel like a Mature game cuts their profits in half since the people under 17 can't purchase it by themselves. Kind of the same way how a rated R movie supposed makes less than a pg13 one because to the potential number of viewers it alienates.

Not many people have a problem with sexy with consent, they just have a problem with the word rape. There was a study done not too long ago where they presented a number male subjects two questions. One straight up ask if they would rape a female. Of course nearly everyone said no. The next said would you have sex with a girl that's been drinking heavily, this one had over half of the 300 participates answer yes. Seems like people have no problems with having sex without proper consent hey don't see it as rape in curtain situation

On a side note, A good number or Japanese games depict rape. Usually obscure games and VNs though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.