[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to lawyerfags, or other people who are familiar with

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Blending In.jpg (31KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
Blending In.jpg
31KB, 560x415px
Question to lawyerfags, or other people who are familiar with inheritance laws and shit.

Let's pretend that you disappear without a trace for say 10 years, and you are presumed dead. Your family inherits all your assets (worth 10m dollars for arguments sake). But then you make a sudden return and is declared alive again. Can you reclaim your assets from those who inherited it? Or are you basically fucked and broke?
>>
Sue your family.
>>
it would still belong to you but in cases of money you cannot actually get spent money back
>>
File: 1465290596152.jpg (29KB, 600x790px) Image search: [Google]
1465290596152.jpg
29KB, 600x790px
>>723453884
I have a feeling this thread will be used as evidence at a later date...
>>
>>723453967
:D
>>
>>723453953
But doesn't the law say something like returning from being presumed dead counts as ''resurrection'' and therefore you cannot get anything back since you were ''lawfully'' dead and the dice has already been cast?

I remember reading that insurance companies cannot reclaim money they have paid to ''widows'' for this reason
>>
Surely there would have to be irrefutable evidence of your death before your assets are given away
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>723454611
If there is no single shred of evidence that you are alive, your assets are given away per inheritance after 7 years I think (in america)
>>
>>723453884
if the law gives it away within 10 years, no

if the law doesn't give it away within 10 years, probably

i think what your asking is if your family would be held accountable for your money that they spent while believing you were dead. i don't see that ever happening if they give it away.
>>
>>723454681
7 years, with exceptions
It can be sooner if there are reasonable presomption of death (for example, a plane crash with no body found)
It can be later if there is presomption of voluntary disappearance (debts to run from, for example)
>>
>>723454856
Lets say my sister inherits the 10 mil and spends 2 of them, would I be able to reclaim the remaining 8?

Let's pretend that I was stranded on a desert Island after a plane crash, so there is no fradulent suspicions regarding my case. Also there is no debts or anything, just pure 10 mil clean and taxed money on a bank account
>>
>>723453884
Why? Thinking of buying a canoe?
>>
>>723455065
>Lets say my sister inherits the 10 mil and spends 2 of them, would I be able to reclaim the remaining 8?
how are you going to prove how much was spent?
how are you assuming the 2 million has disappeared?

someone that suddenly inherits 10m is probably going to invest it, not just sit and spend
they're going to have property, be it real estate or business stake, and that can be exchanged again back for hard money, but then at that point your claim on the money gets trickier
>>
>>723455195
Kek.

'i'm just going for a paddle, love' winkwink
>>
>>723455065
the 8 million, maybe.

there may be a law about that, or you might have to write it out in your will.

"if i show up I'm claiming my remaining money that has been given away"

But more than likely the laws will say once something is given away it can no longer be claimed again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.