[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't atheists define atheism?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7262.jpg (55KB, 480x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7262.jpg
55KB, 480x385px
Why can't atheists define atheism?
>>
>>723443274
Because agnosticism is masterrace. All else claims knowledge one cannot claim to know.
>>
>>723443392
Atheism makes no assertions, only the dismissal of those not able to be properly supported.
>>
>>723443699
Atheists usually claim knowledge that there is no god. Others say that is incorrect and else claim to be atheist. Agnosticism makes it clear.
>>
>>723443888
*also

trips dont lie
>>
>>723443274
Because only a god can create, when you prove the non existence of God, you realize you cannot create, only observe so an atheist can only observe the meaning, not create it
>>
>>723443996
But to claim any other knowledge beyond the idea that a higher power created is illogical. Even to claim this higher power has sentience or a conscience is a step beyond what you can know.
>>
Atheismis, in the broadest sense, the absence ofbeliefin the existence of deities. Less broadly, atheism is the rejection of belief that any deities exist.In an even narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Atheism is contrasted with theism, which, in its most general form, is the belief thatat least one deity exists.
>>
>>723444182
On the whole I agree but the problem I have with this is the vague definition of deity. The nature of entropy suggests a singular event that started this universe. That is an all encompassing power that could fit the definition of deity, regardless of sentience or intelligent thought (as we know it) of any kind.
>>
>>723444102
Exactly. Only observations, we cannot create
>>
>>723443274
\it is a religion
>>
>>723444760
I dig it. Gives a much more powerful meaning to the term create. People think they're creating when it's just procreation.
>>
File: magnospheric.jpg (65KB, 321x500px) Image search: [Google]
magnospheric.jpg
65KB, 321x500px
Fuck atheists. Atheists claim that they know what the fuck is going on, and they have no proof what so ever.

Agnostic master race.
>>
>>723445900
Why not be both?...
>>
File: 1482268275471.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1482268275471.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.