[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The man, the myth, the legend. Lived hard and died young. I bet

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Towneshwhw.jpg (15KB, 220x232px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Towneshwhw.jpg
15KB, 220x232px
The man, the myth, the legend. Lived hard and died young. I bet none of y'all even know who he is.
>>
>>723427349
Townes Van Zadnt
>>
>>723427508
Right on.
>>
>>723427508 --- Samefag here
He sang that version of dead flowers payed on big lebowski and wrote pancho and lefty. My dad took me to see him play at the midget cafe in Taylor, tx in the 80s
>>
>>723427807
Would have killed to see him live. His verison of Pancho and Lefty is the best by far.
>>
>>723427997
I was pretty young, didnt care. Pretty sure my dad smoked a joint with him that night. He might have even jammed with him but i don't remember. My dad always had gigs at that bar.

Wish i saw him live when i was old enough to appreciate great songwriting.
>>
>>723428403
Yeah, he nailed the melancholy of the blues really well. I also love Steve Earle, and Townes was kind of Steve's mentor.
>>
>>723428543
You're probably right about few knowing who he is tough. I bet must ppl have heard some of his songs sung by someone else though. From Guy Clark to David Broza.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.