[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work as pallbearer at a funeral company. A.M.A.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I work as pallbearer at a funeral company.
A.M.A.
>>
weird shit you've seen relatives leave in caskets of the deceased?

how often does the family ask for the jewelry back right before burial?

shit you only see at black funerals...
>>
Dropped it once?
>>
>>723386819
These!
>>
>>723386819

First of all you have to know that I work in mainland Europe. Might clarify some things up front.

>weird shit you've seen relatives leave in caskets of the deceased?

Not yet. I'm relatively new to the business, so I haven't had the chance to. There were once letters dropped along with a scroll with a little band tied around it, but that's about it.

>how often does the family ask for the jewelry back right before burial?
They don't - not to my knowledge. Most of the corpses don't really get adorned much at all, save for the make-up and some clothes.

>shit you only see at black funerals...
I haven't been to one yet. Where I live, there aren't that many blacks. My colleagues who HAVE, however, told me that the one they've been to was pretty cheerful and there was dancing.
>>
Sounds like you waste a lot of time carrying dead weight.
>>
>>723386592
ever know anyone that fucked the dead?
>>
>>723386592
why do they have 7 chairs at a funeral when there are only 6 pallbearers?
>>
>>723387326
not OP, did the same for a while. Most of the guys who "dress up" the dead are fine. Just a few are over the common definition of fucked up. Once I've met this guy who used to morbidly stare at the corpse in silence for a long while before getting to work. Creepy af mates
>>
>>723386592
any necro stories or experiences?
>>
>>723387042

HAH, in fact this happened at my very first funeral. It was learning by doing and luckily it wasn't my fault. When we went inside to pick it up from the chapel the head-section slipped from the place it was mounted on and banged a loud echo through the chapel. The guys before us who arranged it did a lousy job about it.

The way things usually go is:
>arrive with 5 other guys at funeral in a big, black Mercedes Van custom built for the funeral business (can carry up to 4 caskets in the back)
>see if casket has already been arranged by the funeral director inside the chapel
>if not - help with arrangements before mourners arrive
>just before mourners start coming, 2 of us usually stand outside the chapel to take up any flowers from the mourners and take them inside to the casket
>all mourners arrive
>time to begin the mourning procession inside
>all 6 of us wait outside until they're done
>arrange casket cart in the meantime
>chapel doors open
>form a line and step inside
>step before casket
>all bow
>step beside casket
>pick it up
>walk outside
>put on casket cart
>4 pull the cart to the grave spot while 2 others pull the flower cart with all the mourners flowers
>2 others go ahead and arrange flowers around grave before we arrive
>funeral procession reaches the grave
>2 other guys join back at the cart
>we take down the coffin and carry it to the grave spot
>we arrange it
>"may you rest in peace"
>do the "sink"
>fin
>>
>>723386592
wtf, i thought that family members were pallbearers, like all the men on their side of the the family. i was one for a few funerals
>>
>>723387242
Kek

>>723387326

Nope.

>>723387433

I don't know, this is new to me. Maybe this is part of how they do it in the US?

In the city where I work, there's often graveyards who have different rituals during the procession than on others.

>>723387771

Hahaha, there's guys from all walks of live where I work too, man. From students to retired people - and all are completely different.
Me being a par-time worker, I rarely get to do jobs like make-up and shit.

>>723387938

Nope. Not my cup of tea to be honest.

>>723387987

It can vary from country to country, city to city, heck - neighborhood from neighborhood.

As I said above, there's often different rituals on different graveyards in the same city I work in. These rituals usually are nothing significant - but still.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.