[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/b/ What do certain alcoholic drinks taste like? I ask because

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (11KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 262x193px
/b/ What do certain alcoholic drinks taste like? I ask because I'm not in a position to get any. What does vodka, tequila, gin, bourbon, scotch, and all those taste like? I know they depend on brand, but is there a general description for each?
>>
>Vodka

Tastes like shit.

>Tequila

Tastes like shit.

>Gin

Tastes like shit.

>Bourbon

Tastes like shit.

>Scotch

Tastes like shit.

>And all those

Tastes like shit.
>>
>>723328095
Well okay den
>>
>>723328095
This is about all the information you need
>>
Vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol smells. Tequila tastes like firey dirt. Gin tastes like a juniper tree ablaze. Burbon tastes like a burning log in dirt. Scotch tastes like a warm hug from your grandpa.
>>
>>723327970
Vodka tastes like the way rubbing alcohol smells. It can be mixed but I stay away.

Gin tastes like the way lit matches smell, and puking the it next day is going to be the worse thing ever. Dont fuck with gin, if you do, stick the the old gin and tonic. Do not chase it or mix it with anything else. Dont drink it straight.

Tequila is shit unless margarita. Basically shooting any of these straight will be fucking nasty.

Whiskey and rum are only good if you shoot them straight at room temp. (cold makes them more syrupy, harder to stomach, warmer than the room makes you just as sick). Shoot them straight and chase with a swalla of coke. Not diet coke, preferably not juice, but its gotta have sugar. You can take a pretty big swig of either and chase it with a coke and get tight without getting sick (if you dont drink too much).

Some people mix shit. Some people say "i drink good stuff quality not quantity" bullshit.

I only drink to get drunk. A 4 dollar pint of whiskey chased with coke is a good cheap drunk. If you're going to drink. Which I advise against as I've given myself an ulcer.

Beer tastes like cereal. Once you acquire a taste for it nothing will satisfy like an ice cold beer.
>>
>>723328470
That sounds descriptive. Any certain brands of alcohol that taste different, or at least better to you?
>>
>>723328926
Sounds like good descriptions.
>>
>>723328970
The more well brands are better, jack daniels, grey goose, patron silver, etc. The more you pay the better as well. Like Jack single barrel, will run you like 80 bucks for a fifth, but tastes MUCH better than regular. Same goes form most booze basically.
>>
>>723328926
>Opinoons
Differing opinions:
Vodka is nigh intolerable, and can only be had in a mixed drink -- limited at that.
Gin can be really good, though primarily in real martinis, and a good gin and tonic.
Tequila stays in margaritas and tequila sunrises, though a good reposado or anejo tequila can be sipped slowly.
The whisky/whiskey (be it bourbon, Scotch, Irish, etc.) families, though broad, can vary widely. I do like plenty of them, mostly neat, sipped. I dislike most mixed drinks with them, especially in sodas.

I almost never drink to get drunk. Yes, I'll enjoy enough to get a little toasty, but I prefer the experience of the alcohol to the inebriation.

And yes: An inexpensive bottle of whisky and coke (or dark soda of your choice; some people prefer Dr Pepper, for example) is a very good way to get drunk, if that's what you're after.
>>
>>723327970

Vodka is almost like sweet rubbing alcohol, the best vodkas don't burn and can be had like water.

Gin is almost like pure juniper essence and is strong in flavor but pure.

Tequila is robust and smokey usually.

Whiskey is usually smokey with wood and leather notes.

Bourbon is a bit sweeter than Whiskey with vanilla or caramel notes

Scotch tastes like a stronger whiskey, kinda like getting berated by a Scotsman for being a pussy.

I mainly drink my liquor neat or over the rocks. Never mix drinks because I like the taste.
>>
>>723329482
>Jack Daniels
Fuck that. When it comes to whisky knob creek, wild turkey and makers are all better.
>>
File: rockstar-punched-fruit-punch.jpg (207KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rockstar-punched-fruit-punch.jpg
207KB, 1000x1000px
>>723327970
Can't go wrong with a Rockstar. Three of these will get you a great buzz (do NOT drink to get piss drunk)
>>
File: Passed-out-at-bar.jpg (8KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
Passed-out-at-bar.jpg
8KB, 301x167px
Eventually, they all taste like desperation and broken dreams ...
>>
>>723327970
Thug Passion
>"One part Alize, one part Cristal"
>>
>>723327970
All these comments have some validity to them. The more clear the booze, the less of that nasty smoky taste you'll get (some like it) vodka gets more bareable over a few shots or cocktails especially. White rum tastes sweeter than vodka but gives a meaner hangover. I quit fooling with hard bar years ago. I'm a beer only guy now. Beers great! Some beers taste like water or rat piss but if you're willing to shell out a few extra bucks you can get your hands on some really nice tasting beer.
>>
If it's clear buy cheap, if its not spend about 20. Fireball is your friend. That's all
>>
>>723327970
Pardon me while I aspie all over this shit.

>Vodka
Everybody has told you it tastes like rubbing alcohol smells, this is exactly how I feel about it. The only reason to have vodka is for those who do not like alcohol, you can pour it into any beverage to make it alcoholic but it adds no taste.

>Tequila
I personally enjoy tequila, but a lot of people don't and that's because they're not drinking the right shit. There's five (really 4) types, the first two are Blano & Gold, Blanco means it is unaged so it tastes like little bit a light woody flavor, gold is just colored Blanco. The next are Reposado and Anejo, they're aged and taste like you've been chopping wood and got sawdust in your mouth, but in a great way.

>Gin
One of my personal favorites. This is Vodka's richer, smarter, more sophisticated cousin. If Vodka is your average Blue collar worker, then Gin is his boss' boss' boss who only wears suits. A lot of people have and will tell you it tastes like somebody tried to drown you in juniper, which is true for low tier stuff like Beefeater (which I actually use for most mixing). But there's also citrusy Gins (Bombay sapphire is nice and available) and floral gins (Hendricks in popular), they are like drinking summer when you have a G&T.

>Bourbon
I'll answer for all whiskey here. It's great stuff, really versatile for mixing, but nice stuff can be easily sipped and enjoyed. The taste varies so much it's hard to describe it all at once, but Bourbon is usually sweeter with some fruity notes and a touch of smoke. (I have Buffalo Trace on hand right now)

>Scotch
It's like drinking fine leather in your grandfather's study while he is punching you in the chest. It's fucking magical, but stay away from it until you really like your booze.

>All of that stuff
Largely just rum and liqueurs. Run is fucking sweet as shit as it's made from sugar cane. For straight I like either classic Meyers or Appleton white for mixing. For Spiced rum you want Kraken.
>>
>>723327970
I find vodka really easy to shoot because it doesn't leave an aftertaste like rum and whiskey do.

Whiskey leaves a nice, herby aftertaste though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.