[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody live in Houston? Moving to Houston for an internship,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (11KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 318x159px
Anybody live in Houston? Moving to Houston for an internship, what should I know? If my internship is downtown, what's a good neighborhood to live in? Will I need a car? How to make friends if under 21?
>>
>>723314882
bumping for time
>>
>>723314882
What internship? Just curious

If it's SpaceX I'm going to be pissed
>>
>>723315344
Shell
>>
>>723314882
>If my internship is downtown, what's a good neighborhood to live in?
there are no good neighborhoods in houston. you might not get shot if you shack up in midtown tho
>Will I need a car?
public transportation into/out of downtown is pretty good, will need to Uber for nearly everything else
>How to make friends if under 21?
if only I knew. if you're a qt grill I'll show you around myself
>>
>>723314882
you will need a car for sure, and 40 bucks for the eztag to use the toll roads is worth every penny. Try to live somewhere inside the 610 loop, it'll cost you but the places are usually nice.
>>
Also everyone I talk to says Houston sucks, true/false?
>>
>>723315683
truish, depends on what you are looking for in a city. personally I kinda like the seedy, sleazy, post-apocalyptic feel to the place. to each his own
>>
>>723315385
OOhh shouldn't have done chem eng bro
>>
>>723314882
Don't let anyone there lie, they all like anal
>>
>>723316399
jokes on you im a business major
>>
>>723316013

It's not like that anymore. Houston is a tame gentrified shithole compared to what it used to be. Just a bunch of yuppies and hipsters who think they are edgy gentrifying what used to be ghetto neighborhoods.
>>
>>723316862
I wouldn't go so far as to say that. hit up EaDo or go down airline drive. still pretty rough and tumble in a lot of places. pull up a map of whole foods and drive anywhere those aren't. guaran-fucking-tee you will see some shady shit
>>
>What's a good neighborhood?

The Montrose is a decent area for middle-class people, nice houses in that area.
>>
File: DinDuNuffin.jpg (97KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DinDuNuffin.jpg
97KB, 577x1024px
>>723314882
Nothing but niggers, spicks, and snowflakes in Houston.
>>
>>723314882
Austin is tight as fuck. I hear Dallas is fine. Houston is a fucking shithole.
>>
>>723318427
>t. faggot hipster California expat
keep autismstin weiiiirrrddd guisssseee
>>
will you need a car...HA
>>
>>723318728
Washington master race actually. Fuck California to be honest family.
>>
>>723318427
i agree with your assessments.
Side note though. Everybody notice how nobody mentions san Antonio. It also sucks but its a major city.
>>
>>723319027
oh I'm sorry, California on ice.
>>
live in Houston its not nearly as bad as everyone says, good food, very diverse, low COL. Anywhere you want to live inside the loop is gonna be expensive as fuck, get a roommate. You will absolutely need a car. Make friends by going out to midtown. Where are you moving from?
>>
>>723319445
Indiana
>>
>>723319523
oh shit you'll love it here, unless you're racist
>>
>>723315392
>If my internship is downtown, what's a good neighborhood to live in?

>there are no good neighborhoods in houston. you might not get shot if you shack up in

not true, the neighborhood i live in is fairly decent and only on the come up (memorial area)

midtown tho
>Will I need a car?
public transportation into/out of downtown is pretty good, will need to Uber for nearly everything else

tru

>How to make friends if under 21?
if only I knew. if you're a qt grill I'll show you around myself

>tfw never heard of concerts
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.