[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did 4chan get so conservative? I remember being here as

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: isis ducks 4.jpg (54KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
isis ducks 4.jpg
54KB, 620x413px
When did 4chan get so conservative? I remember being here as an underageb&, and many of our core tendencies haven't changed at all, but now it seems like we are fundamentally aligned with the right wing. I always felt like we were more nihilistic and apolitical. What happened?
>>
moar isis ducks in the meantime
>>
File: isis ducks 3.jpg (70KB, 885x516px) Image search: [Google]
isis ducks 3.jpg
70KB, 885x516px
>>
The left wing became more prominent (starting with tumblr) and gave 4chan a 'common enemy' of sorts to fight to make them feel more relevant. Of course, since they were fighting extreme left-wingers, they felt the need to become extremely right wing in order to 'counter' them. Or maybe just out of spite, who knows.
>>
File: isis ducks 2.jpg (9KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
isis ducks 2.jpg
9KB, 292x173px
>>
I mean we used to troll Hal Turner all the time. Now Pepe is basically just like him. That doesn't strike us as ironic?
>>
>>723301532
The left became the right and the right became the left.
>>
>>723302035
But they haven't changed much policy-wise at all, have they? It's not like one side has ever had a monopoly on moral outrage, it's just a matter of what they get morally outraged about.
>>
We all grew up.
>>
Lefties get outraged about "cultural appropriation" and rightwingnuts get outraged about bathrooms and genders.
>>
>>723302035
Thread/
>>
>>723301532
PIC RELATED

too many people trolling as dumb americans
>>
>>723302420
fair enough bruh
>>
>>723301532
4chan has always had right wing tendencies, it just became more prominent over the years with third wave feminism, mass immigration, identity politics and cultural marxism becoming the norm pushing normal people to become redpilled.

tl:dr there weren't that many political or social issues 10 years ago as there is now.
>>
>>723301532
I miss the nihilistic 4chan too, fam..
>>
>>723302176
Left
>White male is racist
>POC are innocent and don't know no better
>Muslims are peaceful
>Everyone right of my ideology is a nazi

Right
>Any skin colour can be racist it depends on the person
>Just because someone's skin colour is darker than printer paper doesn't make them a criminal their actions do. Just because they are a PoC doesn't mean they are automatically innocent as it's the "white man's" fault for making them do that
>Some Muslims are alright. The problem arises when radicals are protected by your average Muslim. That's the equivalent to an entire community or religion hiding a terrorist or terrorist cell and it needs to stop.
>The Extreme left and commies are the problem. Fuck them. Classical Liberals are cool as they can think for themselves. Other ideologies we can talk it out but fuck commies.

Basically the right is becoming more flexible and liberal in their thinking whereas the left is becoming more harsh and strict. Some policies are changing yes due to crazy circumstances going on in the world.
>>
>>723301532
Social justice warriors drove everyone uninterested in politics or left-center leaning to the right wing. Social justice warriors singlehandidly destroyed the left. It is going to take decades to recover from.
>>
>>723301532
/pol/tards spilled over
then trump won
libtards tried to flood us
right wingers took control
/b/tards got lost in the shuffle
>>
>>723303041
We receded into the deep web for the most part.
>>
>>723302856
You're completely wrong on both accounts

The people you see protesting trump and spouting shit on twitter would not be classed as left-wing, due to their tendency to adopt fascist viewpoints.

Similarly, the right wing are too conservative to be considered flexible. They don't adopt the positions you've put forward, because they don't apply them to white people.

A better way to look at the two sides is to think of conservatives as being capitalist stooges and the tumblrinas as being lower class welfare recipients.
>>
>>723301532
Free speech is seen as conservative, newfag.
>>
>>723301532
>we
Do you identify as a 4chan user and therefore assume all others who use 4chan are all of the same opinions and values because they also use some stupid fucking website to post silly pics?
>>
>>723301532
4chan has always been pro government i found 4chan cos of the le meme after 911 lots of meme were floating around about osama bin laden 4chan was the ground zero of that place

just face it 4chan is just a tool of the government to push there idiology
>>
Basically 13 year olds only know polar opposites and aren't taught that anything else can exist so all the kids here think you must either be Democrat or Republican, even if you're not from America
>>
>>723301532
/b/ has always acted for the lulz. Besides, the left has become everything we despise in tumblr right now. It's a lot more fun to be a trumpanzee than a whiny bitch looking for something to be offended by or a manlet whiteknight trying to get into a tumblr chick's pants.
>>
File: 2899-ASA5505.jpg (84KB, 455x235px) Image search: [Google]
2899-ASA5505.jpg
84KB, 455x235px
>>723301532
>I remember being here as an underageb&
I think you answered your own question. We all grew up, started being adults, and started forming opinions on our own. Here are the results.
>>
>>723303168
>Facist
>Not authoritarian
I am laughin anon

>Protesting Trump
>Not left-wing
Pick one
>>
>>723303201
lol get with the hivemind ya ding dong, been here since before cocks were mongled
>>
>>723301532
>When did 4chan get so conservative?
It's either:
A. They are just trolling.
B. There really are that many stupid people on 4chan and they don't seem to understand where they are
C. Reddit, Neogaf, etc forced 4chan to become the conservative basin because they are all hyper-liberal.
>>
>>723301532
same time we started kicking off peddos of this site
>>
>>723303168
Allow me to rephrase your argument:

The two accounts are completely incorrect

You see, protesters protest that people ace tend, they tend to take fascism, so Twitter dog feces are not as a vacation.

Likewise, the right wing is considered too conservative and flexible. Because they do not apply to Caucasian, they have no place you are raising.

Considered a better way to look at both sides conservative Zibenzhuyi lackeys and beneficiaries of low tumblrinas
>>
>>723301532
There are red-pilled and blue-pilled part of the 4chan.Political and apolitical also.It depends on what part of 4chan are you.
>>
>>723302035
this is stupid
>>
>>723303770
Some of us are actually "don't give a shitist" and argue both sides of an issue with ourselves in the same thread only to stir shit up. This is probably the most honest post I've made on 4chan in some time.
>>
I think it is because the Left has become more censorious than the Right. Being pro free speech/free expression used to be a liberal value and now it is a conservative one.
>>
>>723303376
yeah but he's not just a meme, he's the president. he can actually do bad shit. and, to quote the memes, this is why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>723302035
The people that hated the president and the people that loved the president merely switched sides. The current President is mostly doing the same stuff the last one did.

Life is too short to worry about this shit.
>>
>>723304028
what about the part of conservatism that's obsessed with what you call yourself and what bathrooms you use? and who you marry? and generally what you do with your body? it's not like that's changed much, if anything it's become more extreme.
>>
File: 1486004767666.png (72KB, 781x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486004767666.png
72KB, 781x576px
Still radical centrist though. Just the right looks more sane than the left right now.
>>
File: isis ducks 1.jpg (8KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
isis ducks 1.jpg
8KB, 276x183px
I mean, I definitely lean more left, but what really strikes me as contrary to the ethos of /b/ is giving so much fucking credence to this guy. He is exactly like a million and a half other losers we've trolled in the past. Why do we love him so much? And why do we put on rose colored glasses? Just because he's not Hillary and he rants about PC culture? Very strange to me.
>>
Underage faggots heard about pol, and decided to come here to be edgy and and triggered and shit post here instead of staying in their containment board.

I don't really give a fuck about politics, not here anyways. I'm still about doing it because it'll get some lulz. Whatever that may be.
>>
File: pepe rigby.png (173KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rigby.png
173KB, 540x960px
And by this guy, I mean Trump.
>>
File: crying bear.jpg (11KB, 175x189px) Image search: [Google]
crying bear.jpg
11KB, 175x189px
idk it seems like this obsession with "sjws" is very naive. surely we see the irony in hating the left for censorship when we have a history of attacking and raiding sites just because we don't like what they say, or their culture.
>>
>>723301532
We are whatever the mainstream isn't. Nowadays, the mainstream is full of leftist SJWs cuckism
>>
>>723301532
>When did 4chan get so conservative?

When that became the dipshit edgelord thing to do.
>>
People are only Conservative right now because the left is acting out of control. I would vote for a Conservative president during this time but I am also very apolitical and nihilistic, I wish we we still neanderthals and uncivilized, or just in pure chaotic ruins.
>>
>>723302035
um, no?
>>
>>723302035
/thread

>>723306195
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>723305957
its pretty true
having /pol/ is a great breeding ground
>>
>>723301532
When we realized how fucking stupid liberal policies are. Just look what they've done to Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, D.C., and other cities run by liberals.
>>
>>723302035
MUH PARTY SWITCH
>>
>>723305448
>irony in hating the left
I hate them for what they stand for, not for the tactics they use, although the mental gymnastics they must employ to justify their double standards makes it easier to attack them.
>>
>>723306452
you don't think that's a little overly simplistic bro?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.