[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorillaz are a British virtual band created in 1998 by Damon

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: m.65d9c64d.jpg (76KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
m.65d9c64d.jpg
76KB, 300x300px
Gorillaz are a British virtual band created in 1998 by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett. The band consists of four animated members: 2D (lead vocals, keyboard), Murdoc Niccals (bass guitar, vocals), Noodle (guitar, keyboard, and backing vocals) and Russel Hobbs (drums and percussion). These members are completely fictional and are not personas of any "real life" musicians involved in the project.[5] Their fictional universe is explored through the band's website and music videos, as well as a number of other media, such as short cartoons. In reality, Albarn is the only permanent musical contributor, and the music is often a collaboration between various musicians. Writers and critics have described their music as alternative rock,[1] Britpop,[6] trip hop,[7][8] hip hop,[9] electronica, indie, dub, reggae and pop.[10][11]

The band's 2001 debut album Gorillaz sold over seven million copies and earned them an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records as the Most Successful Virtual Band.[12] It was nominated for the Mercury Prize in 2001, but the nomination was later withdrawn at the band's request.[13] Their second studio album, Demon Days, released in 2005, went five times platinum in the UK.[14] double platinum in the US,[15][16][17] The band has won other awards, including one Grammy Award, two MTV Video Music Awards, an NME Award, three MTV Europe Music Awards, and have been nominated for nine Brit Awards.[18][19] The combined sales of the Gorillaz and Demon Days albums had exceeded 15 million by 2007.[20] The band's third studio album, Plastic Beach, was released in March 2010. Their latest album, The Fall, was released in December 2010 as a free download for fan club members, then in April 2011 as a physical release. Gorillaz plan to release new material in 2017.[21]
>>
>>723270136
Ace of Aces is a Canadian computer game that was created in the 1980s and set in World War 2.

https://youtu.be/n2I9IgqavKI
>>
File: ejdg.png (177KB, 474x326px) Image search: [Google]
ejdg.png
177KB, 474x326px
STREETS LIKE A JUNGLE
>>
too bad 90% of there songs are shit.
they are sooooo overrated. I can't believe it
torrented all the songs last year. was hyped. ended up disappointed by deleting 90%, of the songs.
>>
File: 163277_full.jpg (37KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
163277_full.jpg
37KB, 1000x562px
>>
>>723271416
>last year
Underage b&
>>
>>723271416
>last year
The times are uh changin
>>
>>723270136
Gorillaz have definitely developed quite a spaz/autistic fanbase nowadays, I guess people like that find it easier to empathise with cartoon characters than real people.

Which leads me to thinking - were I to create a 'Now That's What I Call Autism' compliation (or playlist as the kids say nowadays), what would be on it? Some initial thoughts below:

Obviously some anime / computer game soundtrack stuff - any suggestions welcome as I don't give a fuck about either.

I'm guessing people like that probably like power metal? Dragons and shit probably appeal. Dragonforce maybe?

I remember years ago seeing some bunch of cunts who pretend to be like steampunk robot mimes or some shit, and it was literally the most spastic thing ever. They played like easy listening stuff, was just so creepy and odd and target-marketed to the socially inept. Have no idea what they were called, but they would be on it.

What else?
>>
>>723272436
Every post from /b/, really
>>
>>723270136
The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start
The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start
>>
>>723272687
Succinct, but entirely fair.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.