/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a tshirt business for charity and I have a question

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1486852863463.jpg (589KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
1486852863463.jpg
589KB, 1824x1368px
Starting a tshirt business for charity and I have a question about copyright

Can I take a picture of a celebrity and photoshop my design onto their shirt just to upload to instagram? It's not commercial use because I'm not selling the image or printing it on a shirt right?

Any input appreciated my dudes
>>
If you own the copyright on the image you can
Or
If you change the photo enough for it to be fair use
And
Just to be safe don't mention a name on the T-shirt
>>
>>723247594
Nope
>>
File: matt_damon.jpg (14KB, 255x378px) Image search: [Google]
matt_damon.jpg
14KB, 255x378px
what I mean is just take my design, photoshop it onto the chest of this image, then upload to instagram? I don't understand why not because the image isn't being sold, and people upload pictures that arent theirs to their instagram all the time, there's whole accounts that just post pictures of celebrities they obviously dont own the copyright to

>>723247760
why not?
>>
>>723247876
Commercial use. Your using their likeness to promote your product. Typically not something people appreciate.
>>
>>723248266
So all the sponsored ads of on facebook of conor mcgregor "wearing" some clearly photoshopped shitty design is against the law?

and speaking of which, they're putting him on a shirt and selling it without his permission isn't that blatantly illegal then too?
>>
>>723248266
No. The celebrity is not endorsing your product they are merely printed on it. Just like printed photos the copyright lies with the photographer
>>
>>723248463
What are you even talking about?
>>
this
>>723248463
is not OP, I'm not sure what you mean either
>>
>>723248562
Commercial use or not by putting a photo of a celebrity on a T-shirt you are not using "using their likeness to promote your product" its not an endorsement. Its printing photos on t-shirts. Exactly the same as printing photos on paper
>>
>>723248638
It's not really the same as just printing on paper though because you'd be profiting from the shirt
>>
>>723248638
OP here, I'm not printing a celebrity on a shirt, I wanna put my shirt on a celebrity, just for instagram
>>
>>723248453
If he hasn't signed off on it, yes. personality rights.
>>
>>723248638
OP doesn't want to print on tshirt, but even then you'd have to have the permission of the photographer or the person who owns the rights to the picture.
>>
>>723249809
understood, thanks for the input everyone
>>
some anon was posting recent about Using/stealing designs from another site an making good money from it ,
if this helps ?
>>
>>723249944
I wanna do it legit I'm not tryna catch a lawsuit haha
>>
>>723250034
Have you got a printing machine if so which one ?
I think most Zelebs dont mind you using pics if its a legit charity.
>>
>>723250390
No, I'm using a dropshipping service
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.