[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, Anon with the questionable bug infestation from the other

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Firebrat.jpg (376KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Firebrat.jpg
376KB, 1836x3264px
Hi, Anon with the questionable bug infestation from the other night that may or may not be silvefish. Anyways. I can now say with 100% certainty that I am not insane and 50% more certainty that what I have is a Silverfish problem. what do you guys think about this pic. can we have someone who knows about silverfish confirm what that is and how I can deal with them... and more importantly how big they get..
>>
Yes its a silver fish, and they don't get much bigger than that
>>
Edit- upon closer inspection they have antenna oon their front and a seemingly two more on its back, it wiggles to move and seems to be completely stupid. but still fast. I still haven't found the queen or the mom or whatever it is that keeps making these fuckers. what should i do with this one?
>>
>>723242947

Photo too clear.

Please post blurrier photo.
>>
>>723243207
It's silverfish.
>>
File: 0B24JWS.jpg (106KB, 889x600px) Image search: [Google]
0B24JWS.jpg
106KB, 889x600px
That's a silverfish, OP. That's all the bigger they get and they can't hurt you. They eat sugars and simple plant matter. They barely have mouth parts, but in massive numbers they can damage linens, books, photographs, and so on.

They can live six to eight years and reproduce in great numbers. There is no queen. This one you should just let be, because squashing them releases sex pheromones into the air that attracts more.

Their mating habits are weird. It's a little ritual. First they bonk heads and stare each other down, then the male runs away and if the female catches him they cuddle until the male drops a sperm ball that the female eats with her butt tube. Then she lays her eggs. Usually in groups of less than 60, and very very rarely more than 100 in her lifetime.

The babies have a high mortality rate because they're delicious to beetles and centipedes.

Once adults, they molt a lot so they're very hardy. Their dead skin can be consumed by silverfish or used by you to make a tannish eye shadow if you have any desiccated whale fat and preservative laying around. Sprays less than industrial strength in several expensive application is ineffective.

They don't live in colonies, so while mixing boric acid with Elmer's glue can make attractive traps for them once the glue dries, it will take a long time to kill them.

Just clean up your place so they stay in the walls or learn to live with them. If they run out of food choices they'll start to eat your dead skin cells and keep you clean because they like polysaccharides and dextrin. Sometimes they'll eat fallen hair in a pinch, so if you go bald you might have an ecosystem based on insects eating your hair, but that's unlikely.

Enjoy your new friends!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.