[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are a bunch of edgy teenagers praising this guy so much?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 46289839123760345634.png (866KB, 1281x713px) Image search: [Google]
46289839123760345634.png
866KB, 1281x713px
Why are a bunch of edgy teenagers praising this guy so much?
>>
>>723204365
Because his arguments are generally logical, and thought out, thus funny. Also, due to the nature of the character he plays, he can pretty much say or do whatever he wants, without losing his fan base, because that's what he does.
>>
>>723204365
Cause he's an edgy twenty something year old. It's really just an edgy pyramid scheme.
>>
>>723204556
pretty much summed it up
>>
>>723204556
Sounds like he's won.
>>
>>723204365
Because he's anti-establishment, the kind of thing edgy teens have praised for thousands of years
>>
>>723204821
No he's not. He's anti retard. When has he ever done anything anti-establishment?
>>
>>723204556
This fam
I've been thinking like you and been avoiding his shit like the plague. Then I saw him ripping this leafy guy a new hole. I didn't know who leafy was but I could see Ian made a lot of effort to make his video not only entertaining but also backed up every single one of his shittalk.
>>
>>723204966
It's been established in our society that nigger isn't an OK thing to say in public, but here's this dude comin along, throwin out all the rulebooks, sayin nigger anyway.

He's fighting the system.
>>
>>723204365
Hes a 2deep4u faggot. So dumb teens who are just starting to learn about life flock to him.
>>
>>723205015
Without sounding like one of his edgy fans, I don't think idubbbz is given enough credit for what he actually does. To the average person he might seem like an asshole because of what he does, but really he just systematically destroys the format or personality of anyone who deserves it. His arguments are well thought out. His effects and recording techniques are all satirical. He also isn't ashamed of making fun of himself, without making himself look dumb. I'm not trying to rim him here, but I really think he's a pretty smart guy.
>>
>>723204365
Because its cheap entertainment that isint complete worthless bullshit like 90% of youtube
>>
>>723205246
Did you actually watch his newest video though? He said that the less often you use slurs or swears, the more power they're given. However of you start to say it casually, it starts to lose power. I understand that all the edgy kids think he's funny just because he says nigger, but again, Ian was just making another valid point.
>>
>>723205246
But why is it not okay to say? Why is anything not okay to say? STFU grow some thick skin, and understand that words only receive the power that you give to them.
>>
File: 1487644512352.jpg (85KB, 453x372px) Image search: [Google]
1487644512352.jpg
85KB, 453x372px
>>723204365
>saying nigger is edgy
>>
>>723205664
It is a valid point, but that doesn't change the basic fact that it's still conventional belief that saying nigger is a no-go. I'm not arguing against you here, I'm just saying that this guy is rebelling against the established belief by voicing these opinions, thus making him anti-establishment.

I'm not going to argue semantics here any longer
>>
>>723206124
I misread your original post. I get what you're saying now. Were all coll friendo
>>
>>723205246
did your what he said about the word nigger, if you say it enough like the words "fuck you", then it loses its power thus people don't care if you say it
>>
>>723205441
>without sounding like on of his edgy fans
>being on 4chan
What makes you think being on 4chan is edgy in it's self?
>>
>>723204556
this
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.