[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any thoughts on this by fellow guitar /b/ros? guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

any thoughts on this by fellow guitar /b/ros?
guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=14042413400438
>pic related

also guitar thread
>>
>>723121341
>Active pickups
Gay
>>
>>723121341
Should be okay if you are fan of Opeth and Dream Teather. If this is your first guitar, you should just buy bolt on cheap 200$ guitar and practice for 6+ months first.

You know this sounds great IF you know how to play.
>>
>>723122020
>Anyone have a 9v battery, I accidentally left my guitar plugged into the amp.
>>
Schecter is for fags. Get an Ibanez if you want to play metal and you can't afford Gibson. Also Dean is for fags. Jackson is ok I guess.
>>
>>723121341
But don't buy signature guitar because they are the plague of the industry.

If you know how to play guitar and know which kind of music you play - pick a guitar and pay ~ 1000$ for it I guess. And ask from experienced people first.

It depends what you do with it. Active pickups are great if you want to get huge sound and sustain but you need to know how to use it first. Etc.
>>
>>723122411
people said that the tremolo is abit shit because its made of zinc alloy or something and is weaker but if i dont use it constantly that shouldnt be a huge issue?
>>
>>723122655
Gibson is not really for "metal". It's for dads who's children studied jazz. And the dad recommends it back to the kid.
>>
>>723121341

If you like Schecter necks and how they feel, then go for it. This price range Schecter is decent.

Really depends on you and what you want. If you want the 'best playing guitar' for the price, then this is not it, but it will play like you would expect a guitar at this price point to play.

It will probably look cheaper in person, though, since it is not a high-end guitar the rosewood finger board will be a much brighter brown than the picture. The chrome hardware will only add to that "cheap aesthetic" when paired with a bright brown rosewood fretboard. In my opinion the red color adds to that, but the black not so much
>>
99% of the folks who buy a guitar with Floyd Rose (or some knockoff/variant) don't need it.

That same group also has no idea how to use active pickups.

Seriously though, go look at Ibanez in the same price range. You won't be disappointed.
>>
>>723121341
fuck these other faggots, shecter makes great guitars. I like the C1 series and blackjack myself.

>>723122020
>>723122470
active pickups are ideal for certain genres, especially metal. Also aparently >>723122470
has never owned an active pickup guitar. Ive owned several, played em all the time, left em plugged in.. those batteries last forever. Its easy enough to keep an extra onhand when your on the road gigging.
>>
>>723122868
You don't need tremolo if you know how to play guitar.
>>
>>723123095
But doesn't every Ibanez have some kind of floating bridge setup?
>>
>>723123045
All you really need to do is swap out their standard pickups and you're there. Big, heavy, mahogany-bodied guitars are always good for that.
That is of course you think you're Steve Vai and absolutely require a recessed tremolo.
>>
>>723123257

Look at the website dummy

Ibanez is just like every other major guitar brand, they produce guitars to target the same audiences. There are guitars with a hardtail and there are guitars with tremelo systems.
>>
>>723123122
If you want clean sustain, active pickup is great and it is always loud signal. But if you don't need it then take a different guitar.

I'm happy with Seymour Duncans, they are fucking loud and clean.
>>
>>723123095
>Floyd Rose
I fucking hated my floyd rose. Paid like $60-80 to have it disabled. Tuning that fucker was a nightmare. Guit is an Ibanez. Love it now that FR is deddededed
>>
Don't get a Floyd rose, they are annoying as fuck and a pain to change strings.

Gibson is overpriced shit, faggy dad guitars
>>
>>723123149
thats not an answer to the question anon
>>
>>723123404
>Big, heavy, mahogany-bodied guitars are always good for that
>muh """"tone""""wood
>>
File: front.jpg (255KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
255KB, 1024x768px
>>723123455
I have always played with fixed bridge.
>>
>>723123498
>gibson is overpriced
yes. this
>inb4 handmade in murica
thats not a reason fuckboys
>>
>>723123645
It's not my photo.
>>
so overall people think the guitar is decent for the price?
(the one i posted originally)
>>
File: POP_G400proCH.jpg (66KB, 1400x600px) Image search: [Google]
POP_G400proCH.jpg
66KB, 1400x600px
Whats everyone's opinion of the SG G-400?
>>
>>723123875
not sure but i also need to ask. normal? or pro
>>
>>723123731
Murica costs 2k+ so ironically no matter which guitar you'll get is going to be from Korea or Japan. Japanese guitars these days are higher quality than Korean because Japanese have higher work morale.
>>
File: IMG_1304.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1304.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
my axe
>>
>>723123875
>epiphone
hahahahahahha

that was just a meme but seriously, are epiphones any good?
>>
>>723124036
revolution radio was shit, stop whining about trump
>>
>>723124027
>companies dont make their guitars in china so they get infused with the blood of all the factory worker suicides
>>
>>723123980
the head says PRO
>>
>>723123875
Epiphone? Looks like for seasoned player. Not your even middle class guitar.

Just get better sounding better playing. Even if you are a bedroom player, when you plug your guitar into your computer, you should look for certain sound and something what you want to do with your fingers.
>>
>>723124076
They are inherently better than Gibsons because they have the correct headstock.
>>
>>723124194
i meant as in which is the better choice
>>
Buy a Paul Reed Smith Santana Edition
>>
>>723124187
No but - Dean for example has 3 classes - a) USA b) Korea c) China.

Jackson used to be US and then Japan (I think?).

So US handmade guitars will cost over 3k. Import semipro guitars 1-2k.etc
>>
>>723124240
ummm. can you say that again in a way i can understand it?
>>
>>723124250
how so?
(i dont know much about gibson or epi)
>>
Buy used off Craigslist, plenty of shredders out there for less than 200 bucks

Then you can spend the leftovers on your amp (get a 5150)
>>
>>723124489
so cheap dean guitars are actually infused with chinese blood then
neat
>>
>>723124505
https://youtu.be/gNpyCG32aGI This video sums it up pretty well
>>
>>723124565
>buying a used guitar
>ever
>especially off craigslist
you're an absolute madman for even suggesting that
>>
>>723124036
Holy fuck dude how about you clean it once in a while, contrary to popular belief that's not "mojo" on your instrument it's shit!!
>>
>>723124036
absolutly disgusting
delet it or atleast wash it
also remove that gay tape off it
>>
>>723124036
Green Day sucks.

What make is that? Can't really tell, but actually looks like there's some finish on the maple
>>
>>723122020
Are pedals gay?
Is electric amplification gay?
If you are that much of a purist why don't you fuck off into the forest and go play a lute while singing "hey nonny nonny" or some shit.
>>
File: PXM20FR.jpg (22KB, 536x177px) Image search: [Google]
PXM20FR.jpg
22KB, 536x177px
I considered this guitar and played it multiple times. At the end of the day, ended up with Washburn Parallaxe instead. Model PXM20FRFBCBM. The Schecter only sounds good at extreme gains. Sounds kinda shitty for clean sounds. The Washburn lets you pop the neck humbucker into single-coil mode for a reasonably funky clean sound. It's still very much a metal guitar, but it's more versitile.
>>
>>723121341

active pickups are balls, swap them with some really hot passive pickups instead.
The necks on schectars feel a little fat and slow for me (personally) but that's cuz i'm a fag with little hands
the tremolo is of decent quality but still might require a bit more TLC and micromanagment to keep in tune

for a first guitar, 8/10 if you enjoy slightly wider necks.
>>
>>723125258
What is it for? For practice or recording? You know everything sounds great with huge gain. That's how amps works as well.
>>
File: holiest-grail[1].jpg (123KB, 832x640px) Image search: [Google]
holiest-grail[1].jpg
123KB, 832x640px
I just like bragging about my holiest grail.

IDC about the topic of this thread.

Shits too complicated I just use the presets
>>
>>723125465
i have huge hands which is why i went for a guitar with the thicker neck
>>
>>723125593
too bad Electro Harmonix are weak fucking pieces of shit and you can't gig with them unless you set it on your amp
>>
>>723122655
>>723123045
>>723123498
Meme players who know nothing but think they know it all, if you know anything about guitars you know you pick up and play as many as you can no matter what the headstock says because you never know when you will that special one, yes big names tend to hit the mark more often but even a broken clock can right twice a day.
>>
>>723125724

well then there you go. enjoy!
>>
>>723125465
trump is that you?
>>
>ITT: Bunch of fags argue over which overpriced piece of crap is best.

All you need is £200-300 for a fair quality axe.
Pic related- I've got one, it's amazing.
>>
>>723125523
I gig with it. After 30 years, find myself playing (somewhat) less metal ;)

Basically agree that most guitars sound OK with high gain... as long as the pickups aren't crap. This has SD Distortion stock at the bridge, SD Jazz at the neck.

Super fast ebony neck, thin with shorter scale length. Personal preference.
>>
>>723124076
If you compare an Epi to a Gib then they are mediocre at best, but is you compare them to guitars in the same price bracket then they punch well above their price range, I've literally seen people listen to a piece of music and rave about it then they find out the player used an Epi and they begin to walk back their praise, gear snobs are cunts, I've got Gibson's, Fenders, Epiphones, SX, Squiers and even a no name strat copy, I bought them because they sounded good not because they were expensive or had a famous name, people who buy guitars with their eyes and not their ears don't know shit.
>>
>>723126297
agreed. I've spent a shitload of money on amps tho.
>>
>>723126297
replace the "n" in the brand name with a "t"
>>
>>723126897
Honestly in my experience, the most you need to spend on an amp is around £500, but that's only if you're buying new. Usually you can find a good amp for a low peice just by looking around places like ebay or even just asking around IRL.
>>
>>723126297
"I'm poor so I think anything expensive is a waste."

The guitar I play the most I grabbed for $200 and even I know you're a fag
>>
>>723127259
savage
>>
>>723124027
>Japanese guitars these days are higher quality
A little story for you, back when Fender got bought out by it's own management the didn't also buy the factory they were made in, so they had to build a new one and move, while they were doing that they needed to get guitars built to cover the shortfall in production, they turned to a Japanese factory to do it, at first the factory was just bolting together parts sent by Fender USA, but the Japanese were not happy, the parts were substandard in their eyes (part of the reason for the buy out in the first place) so they began to improve them, tighten up tolerances and improve the fit and finish, word began to get around that the new crop of Japanese Fenders were fucking awesome, this created a problem for Fender USA because there was no way for the new factory to match the quality of the Japan models, eventually the new factory took over full production and the Japan factory was given license to make Fenders there under the prevision that they weren't exported to the outside of Japan.

I know guys who have gone to Japan for a "vacation" with a crappy guitar in their case and bought a Japan only model and dumped the other guitar and flown back with the J Fender in the case, make you think!
>>
>>723128713
kek
just like J-moot is better than real moot
>>
File: IMG_4225.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4225.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
Ibanez RG6003FM, paid 350 for it. Solid pickups, stays in tune pretty well, Its Clean and gain is solid. 5 way pickup is okay, the 3 middle options are meh, but the neck and bridge pickups are solid. I got mine in black
>>
>>723128713
I might do that assuming theres no legal issues with it which i highly doubt
>>
>>723124076
i have a real cheap epiphone, about 100$ and it plays damn good for the price.
epiphone is just a cheaper gibson
>>
>>723124036
awfully full of dust anon.
>>
>>723129607
actually they are cracking down on japan imported guitars that are "replicas" you have to ask them to not put any logos or anything.. and maybe.. just maybe.. you will get your guitar
>>
>>723129607
To airport security you left with guitar and you came back with one, other than that they don't give a shit, just take out all the case candy and labels and post it back to yourself rather than carrying it in the case, also check on line before you try this because that was a few years ago and I suspect that there are going to be one or two shops willing to ship to the US from Japan, just not maybe a major Fender retailer out there.
>>
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JS32TQDKATBK

Paired with

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Frontman10G
?
>>
>>723131362
>https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Frontman10G

save up a little longer and get a modelling amp instead, I have a Fender Mustang just for home practice and it is a very nice little amp.
>>
>>723121341
>No.
try it and see for yourself, it's the only way. end of thread
>>
I used to be very anti-schecter, but now I love them.

Just like ibanez, not every model is a winner. But if you pay the money, (which it looks like OP is willing to) you're gonna get a great guitar.

>have omen 8 string (blows every other 8 in its price range out of the water)
>diamond series basses are fucking amazing once you set them up nicely.
>>
>>723124801
>Buying a used guitar
If you know what you're doing, its not an issue. I got my US Strat off of an old guy who couldn't play anymore. Great guitar, have had it for years.
>>
Here is the honest truth. If you're just starting out playing you shouldn't spend more than 200-300 bucks on a guitar and a moderate practice amp for like 100ish bucks. Go to a store and play their guitars. Sit down and see how the necks feel to you. The width of the necks, how your hand moves on the neck, and how comfortable you feel playing it. Plug it in and check for legit not your fault fret buzz and how it generally sounds. You have no idea if you'll even still be playing this thing in 3-4 months. Keep it simple, avoid any advanced tremolo setup and just learn to play the guitar slowly. Once you've been playing for a while, you will know what you're looking for in a guitar. In the beginning you're probably just wasting money.
>>
>>723124801
lol faggot

I own like 9 guitars and 4 basses

Only bought 2 at an actual store

Every other guitar/bass was a craigslist deal

>mfw I traded an Ibanez GSR205BK 5-String (which I paid $150 for on craigslist) for a $700 SR506 bass

craigslist is the fucking SHIT
>>
>>723125769
aha
ahaha
ahahahahahahaha
Electro harmonix pedals are some of the best ever made.

>have stayed consistently good for like 50 years now
>greats such as Gilmour made them their go-to brand
>mfw I used to sell more EHX pedals than Boss when I worked at a music store
>mfw never one unhappy EHX customer
>>
>>723128713
>>723124027
Japan and Korea have been out-crafting the USA for like 20 years now.

Now China is getting a few custom shop factories and they're fucking KILLING american guitars.

I have a chinese (beijing custom shop) made squier telecaster that puts every American made fender to complete shame. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-classic-vibe-telecaster-50s-electric-guitar/519376000001000?pfm=item_page.rr1

Same as my Korean made squier stagemaster neck thru. Guitar will go toe to toe with a $1500 axe and probably outplay it.
>>
>>723121341
fine guitar, floyd rose special is decent trem despite what the cork sniffers say
>>
>>723131362
listen to him
>>723131894
Get a fender g-dec or a mustang
Great little practice amps that go head to head with line 6's spider line
>>
Just ordered one of these because lazy and no music shop near where I live

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019C5P30U/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B019C5P30U&linkCode=as2&tag=thedaionl-21
>>
>>723125983
this.
on paper you'd think my 1200$ gibson is the creme of the crop but I have a 400$ dean with better sustain, playability and resonance.
>>
>>723133717
classic vibe certainly puts the mex to shame but not US. they are great instruments though, price/quality is unbeatable.
>>
File: Gibson Longhorn.jpg (68KB, 902x600px) Image search: [Google]
Gibson Longhorn.jpg
68KB, 902x600px
I just bought one of these off reverb, thoughts?
>>
>>723134511
she's a beaut
>>
>>723134511
gibson longhorn guitars gives me a different kind of longhorn

i really hope someone at gibson has said that
>>
>>723134250
I've got a Harley Benson build it yourself kit Telecaster that resonates like nothing else, I built it just for shits and giggles as I already have plenty of good guitars, I gave it a boiled linseed oil finish, and put in tone city pickups and Wilkinson tuners, it sounds amazing!!, I've got about $130 in this thing but it outplays most of my other guitars, the only problem I had with the kit was the frets were not that level, I fixed that easily and it just plays like butter.

BTW, Tone City pickups are what Fender use in the Classic Vibe series, it came out on the Squier forum a while back, it's kind of an open secret.
>>
>>723134511
If you can afford it then I "why not", treat her right and she will reward you forever.

Just don't drop it, the heads tocks on Gibsons break very easily, it's kind of a design flaw they have.
>>
>>723123045
So tell buckethead he's wrong for using an LP
>>
>>723136189
>of
Buckethead uses his giant hands and he can play on highest level.
It doesn't matter what guitar Buckethead plays because his hands are gigantic.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.