[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a question for the americans on here. How much does

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1478028275559.jpg (241KB, 987x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1478028275559.jpg
241KB, 987x1125px
So I have a question for the americans on here.

How much does it cost for a single dude to live comfortably and how much of a difference does where you are make? Eg: LA vs the middle of Texas.

How much on average should I budget? Thanks
>>
>>723058890
I can't answer the cost of living as it varies quite a lot. But I can tell you that the standard of living between LA and Texas is a massive difference. The closer you get to the center of the US the cheaper it typically is.
>>
Big difference. Texas should be around 30k to 50k
LA and other big metropolitan areas more like 50k to 80k to live comfortably

The prices adjust to the marketplace. So Texas/Oklahlma are cheaper to live in but they have shittier jobs and viceveesa with bigger cities better jobs but things in general are more expensive
>>
>>723058890
The middle of Texas would be way cheaper than LA. Food costs less, rent, taxes, cars, and just about everything else. But whatever you save you might spend on gas going to places. (Gas is also cheaper)
>>
There are expensive places in the mid west as well, Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas, is country vs metropolitan living that makes a difference. You can live off 10-12 $ an hour in the smaller towns
>>
>>723058890
To Clarify, I'm not looking for anything fancy or super upscale,

a small but decent bachelor pad, public transport shit like that.
>>
from my xp op:

jacksonville fl ~2005 rent in nice new townhome, gated community ~$1600(split with bro making it ~800 ea)

san diego ca ~2011 rent in gorgeous apartment complex $2200(split with bro $1100)

~2014 house in maine ~$600 mortgage+++ repairs maintenance etc

figure in ~$200+ groceries/mo not too far off from that anywhere
about the same for going out to eat, recreation

probably another ~$200 for bills

so figure something like $1500/month, less if you're good at living on the cheap
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.