[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW TO LEARN ENGLISH IF I SUCK IN LANGUAGES

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: 735373jpg_1666999_5245142-1.jpg (216KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
735373jpg_1666999_5245142-1.jpg
216KB, 1152x864px
HOW TO LEARN ENGLISH IF I SUCK IN LANGUAGES
>>
up
>>
>>722867322
Just browse 4chan and learn to speak it like a sperglord.

Where are you from?
>>
>>722867421
Russia, lol. I'm not joking.
>>
why everybody begins to keep silence when i say what im from russia
is that russianphobia
>>
Het
>>
>>722868055
No actually I like most of the Russians I've met. There are probably some online tools to help you learn English as a Russian speaker. Try Duolingo. And also 4chan is probably great practice too.
>>
>>722868262
Okay, thank you, bro. I'll try.
I feel a lil jealous bc i have to work to learn one of world languages. U know, to be born in wrong place. It's kinda sad.

Where did you meet russians?
>>
>>722868481
There are kind of a lot of Russians in Seattle where I live. Most of them I've encountered seem pretty cool.
>>
>>722868643
They are immigrants or what?
>>
>>722867322
It's easy, probably the easiest language to learn. No odd rules or quirks with certain exceptions depending on where the words developed from no sir.
>>
>>722868807
Yeah a lot of Russian engineers and computer programmers apparently came here after the USSR ended. There seem to be a good number of working class Russian immigrants too.
>>
>>722869008
I'd say English is a medium-level difficulty, but with all exposure to English through the internet, movies, games etc. makes the language way easier to learn.

Example: German has fewer grammar rules, and the pronounciation of the words is similar to Danish. Yet, us Danes have it way easier learning English. (Also, there's a greater motivation to learn English of course)
>>
>>722869008
Yeah, i tried to learn deutsch and totally fucked up. WHAT THE FUKC
After this i understand that eng is really not so hard. But reading 4ch and working in Europe(for example) are kinda different things, and im afraid that one day it will be too late for me and i will stay in Russia until i die lol

btw where are you from?
>>
>>722869434
Where are you from?
See my earlier comment >>722869383
>>
where are you guys from and what people around you think about russians? im afraid bc of last political actions people may hate russia or smth.
>>
>>722869502
...oh sorry i can't read lol
So, you are dane? And how does it feel like, lol?
>>
>>722869805
Denmark here.

From my experience there really isn't that many people hating Russians over political reasons.
I, and a lot of other people are fed up with how 70% (and that's being generous) of Russians in online games behave like neanderthals.

- On a side note. My uncle is married to a Russian, and she's such a sweet lady.
>>
>>722870033
Sorry too lol, but you're confusing me. Are you the Russian, thinking I was talking to you? Or are you the American? And if you can't read, how are you writing then? Or do you mean you don't understand what I wrote?

I'm happy to be Danish, I feel like Scandinavia is the best place to raise kids.
>>
>>722870181
American here. I wish I was Scandinavian.
>>
>>722870259
As I said, I'm happy to be Danish, and I want my kids to grow up here. We have a lot of happy people as we are known for, but, the amount of depressed people is sky high too. The sky is grey 8 months a year, and in our culture you don't talk to strangers. So you only get to know new people through playing sports, school, work, being drunk. Depressing is especially bad here in the winter. Everybody is in their homes, waiting for the short summer.
>>
>>722870181
Im the russian. Sorry for confusing, first i didn't read one part of your comment.
Nevermind. Sorry.

>raise kinds
You have kids :?
>>
>>722870530
Omg that sounds really sad D':
>>
>>722870530
That actually sounds a lot like Seattle. I may find things more familiar there than you think.
>>
>>722870602
No. But Denmark is probably the safest country in the world. Low crime, no natural disasters, no dangerous animals (okay, a few wolves have been walking from Germany to Denmark in the past years). There's literally nothing that will kill you here, and the social security provided by the state will make sure you always have enough money to live, while providing free education (students are paid to study), free health-care etc.

The philosophy in Scandinavia is when a person is fired, then if he struggles to require a new job, he/she should go back to school, to have a better resume.
>>
>>722870864
For me as for russian this is like news from another universe. This is so perfect.
>>
>>722870678
Why do you think the Vikings wanted to settle in England. Even that sad part of the world is brighter than Scandinavia haha
>>722870783
Haha that's probably true, don't know much about Seattle though
>>
>>722871115
>don't know much about Seattle though
It's grey most of the year with a lot of depressed people who don't talk to each other.
>>
>>722867322
It's not that hard. I'm from Russia myself and I think that the best way to learn english is to just use it. Just start watching and reading stuff in english. Be sure to keep a dictionary handy, though, because it's going to be a bit of a pain at first. I recommend you also use subs for anime/movies as well to better your grammar.
>>
>>722871167
Is the landscape flat? If yes, then it is like Denmark. If not, then it is Sweden/Norway haha

Sweden and Norway (I hate to admit this) are amazingly beautiful, while Denmark's nature can seem pretty boring. They have dangerous animals though, so at least I can say Denmark is safer haha
>>
>>722871093
Hahaha, and your weather is depressing too. Come to Denmark, we have a lot of eastern European students, you'll fit in if you're young
>>
>>722871289
The land is pretty mountainous here so I guess more like Norway/Sweden
>>
Ne pas apprendre l'anglais!
Vive la France!
>>
Duolingo is a free app that is pretty good.... not the best but free!
>>
German isn't that hard to learn. It took me less than 45 years to speak and write almost errorless. And i'm a German.
>>
>>722871239
БРО Я ТАК РАД ВСТРЕТИТЬ ТЕБЯ
Thank you for motivation, darling <3
I will word harder.
>>
>>722871458
Сразу тебе скажу, реддит еще неплох (хотя тут его недолюбливают). Я лично многому там научился. Хотя хз, каждому свое.
>>
>>722871336
Move to Norway then haha.

Polish people are known to come to Denmark for a few years to work. They don't spend much money, because the wages here are higher than back home, so they save them up to have a better life in Poland. This is what Danes do in Norway. Us Danes love going to Norway to work. The country has high taxes, but the income tax is lower than Denmark's, the taxes on everything else but cars are higher though. So Danes go and work, spend as little as possible to save up, to then come back to Denmark
>>
>>722871599
Окей~

Запилишь свою историю успеха?
>>
>>722871685
Тебе на русском или на английском?
>>
>>722870058
>- On a side note. My uncle is married to a Russian, and she's such a sweet lady.

im so happy like im this lady lol
>>
>>722871732
Го на английском, начну практику прямо сейчас.
>>
>>722871652
Forgot to add that while Denmark has high salaries, young people make at least 15 dollars pr. hour working part time jobs in super markets etc. but my cousin in Norway for example made 36 dollars pr. hour as an 18 year old, at his part time job in a skiing club
>>
>>722871854
I had english in school from the second grade, however we were taught sloppily at best. I changed schools twice over the years, but not one of those schools had helped me learn english. Two of those schools were decent private schools, so there's that. At one point I just got bored of russian memes and vk, so I decided to move on to the next logical place: reddit. I read a lot of stuff (mostly on iOS jailbreaking) which helped me learn some of the smaller, yet still important aspects of english. I also was a ponyfag for a while and I hated the russian translation for it (harder to find, took a while to get released, low-ish quality etc.) Then I started watching anime and ditched the horses, but the only anime I watched in russian was Trigun. About a year ago I got an account on animebytes and that made finding anime in english super easy. I did go abroad a couple of times along the way, however I can't say that it helped me that much (it may have impacted my pronunciation somewhat, but whatever). Doing stuff in english does take a lot of getting used to, but when you do get to a decent level, you won't even think about which language text you're reading is written in. This isn't much of a success story, but that's how I learned english anyways.
>>
>>722872473
I was once in the US for 14 days, after a week I honestly started thinking in English. My pronounciation became amazing, nowadays it's shit
>>
>>722872689
Also, try watching more youtube videos in english. Movies aren't quite the same, since they often contain older vocabulary. If you watch more contemporary stuff, you'll be able to learn plenty of nifty phrases and tricks that you would've otherwise not known off.
>>
>>722872473
I have studied english for 5 years with good teacher, but im dumb teenager and after some time without practice i just forgot a lot of things. This is the most stupid thing in my life, lol.

Thank you, bro, you make me believe i can study eng again.
>>
>Write language on friends dick
>suck and learn
>>
>>722873293
no homo
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.