[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask someone who lives in Oroville, Ca below the dam anything.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: dam1.jpg (87KB, 960x671px) Image search: [Google]
dam1.jpg
87KB, 960x671px
Ask someone who lives in Oroville, Ca below the dam anything.

FYI its the dam making national news because the spillway has issues and has caused major flooding and a major evacuation. parts of the spillway are at risk of collapsing and causing a major flood of the whole valley.
>>
>>722648367
how did it get damaged? I havent been paying much attention to it.
>>
Do you know how to swim?
>>
>>722648367
What made you stupid enough to live below a fucking dam? Birth defect? Brain damage later in life?
>>
>>722648689
Government unwillingness to spend money on infrastructure
>>
>>722648367
How funny do you find it that all the #calexit people are now begging the federal government for aid? I mean c'mon, you're the 6th largest economy in the world for fuck's sake!
>>
>>722649028
gotta love those california taxes. Pay as much as a Canadian but instead of free health care you get illegal mexicans and gun laws, shitty roads and broken dams.
>>
>>722649284
shut up.
>>
OP Here:

>>722648689
the main spillway had large spot collapse about halfway down it. so they shut it down, well then the water stacked up from the storms and started coming over the "auxillary/emergency" spillway, and it eroded some serious holes into the ground below. they were worried that these could cause the spillway part to collapse and called for evacuation. keep in mind, all the damage is to the spillways that are to the left of the dam, not the actual dam itself. still, it could be a possible 20-30ft wall of water let loose if it goes...

>>722648782
>>722648907
yes i know how to swim lol. lots of people live below or around dams. theyre not all retarded. this flood would affect everyone clear down the valley to sacramento.

>>722649028
exactly. and we are severley neglected up here in northern california. its a totally differnt california than people think.
>>
>>722648367

Do you know how to surf?
>>
>>722649362
Did I hit a nerve, sweetheart?
>>
>>722649497
you really think people care about politics dont you. theres too much retarded shit to keep track of. we all just chalk up politicians as pieces of shit sellouts.
>>
File: 2.jpg (61KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
61KB, 768x960px
>>722649284
OP here... it really sucks being grouped in with the rest of california. we should be a seperate state... can we stay and just southern california can #socalexit?
>>
>>722649284
>California Pop:38.8 million
>61 % voted hillary, 32% voted trump
Even less support #calexit
Yes California is a young, grassroots organization. That being said, we currently have approximately 8,000 registered volunteers, and 19,000 have signed the online version of our #Calexit petition. Our Facebook page has over 31,000 likes and about 20,000 follow us on Twitter. A recent Reuters poll says that one in three Californians support a peaceful #Calexit.

Only retards are capable of being brainwashed by the media and stormcucks at the same fucking time. Jesus christ you kiddies are acting like the entire state as got up and started revolting because of a small headline that has been blown up by liberal media.
>>
>>722648367
I live in Folsom, man!
>>
OP here:
>>722649464
No, i can not surf. only been to the beach a couple of times. I can swim though, and enjoy the mountain lakes and streams...

>>722649920
howdy neighbor. you should be fine, but id suggest keeping the pantry stocked in case the long run affects supplies, gas, etc.

>>722649862
the support for #calexit up here is nearly unheard of. Most the folks up here are blue-collar working folk. we pay our taxes, we live our lives just fine. it sucks having little to no representation compared to the large, dense cities down below. like i said, Socal can go, well stay up here and become part of Oregon, or Jefferson, or Northern California, whatever the hell you wanna call it.
>>
File: dam2.jpg (115KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
dam2.jpg
115KB, 900x506px
a good pic of the auxillary spillway and the erosion that has happened to it after letting it spill over.
>>
>>722650340

Damn. Have they updated any threat levels?
>>
File: dam4.png (285KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
dam4.png
285KB, 750x422px
>>722650789
currently they have brought the water levels down by pouring a shit ton of water (~100,000 CFS) out of the main spillway even though its damaged. this is giving us room for water coming in the storms later this week. there is lots of rumor going around that its worse than theyre telling us but its unclear whats true and whats not.
>>
>>722651432
well be ready for 5 inches of rain man. that shits not going to be good.
>>
>>722651613
yeah thats what were looking at. its also gonna be a warm rain and the snow level is high so were gonna get some snow melt up through the canyon half way to reno... thats what fucked us the first time as well...

I tell you what, ive never seen something so surreal as my entire town evacuating all at once. it was some pretty crazy shit. like something youd see out of a movie.
>>
>>722650173
>like i said, Socal can go
don't be so fucking dense
there is no indication that a good majority of socal wants to leave
>willingly letting LA and SF leave
LA is one of the highest gdp earning cities in the world, second in the US only to NY.
And any retard that is ok with letting Silicon Valley go has completely forgotten what made america great in the first place.
Not it wasn't uneducated blue color fucks who bitched about muh jerbs.
It was american education and ingenuity, which is still top notch until you black and white fuckers start burning this bitch to the ground.
Silicon Valley is one of the USA's greatest symbol of wealth.
You know who is stealing american jobs? Untrained third worlders because the US decided long ago that it didn't want to do shitty factory work, it wanted to do highly qualified and high paying jobs so why the fuck not outsource menial tasks to cheaper labor.
I do hope poor people stay poor, to the point that can't voice these stupid as fuck opinions any more.

It's funny I took a break and jerked it before posting this.
Now I don't feel like posting it and all the frustration I had against your post is gone.
But I'll post it anyway incase anyone wants to see how much jerking off can help in calming you down.
>>
>>722651432
damn. California, being so full of mexican illegal aliens and mexican americans that support them could not have voted for anyone but a democrat.

Why would they want to vote for laws that ruined their own home country of Mexico, by transforming it into Mexico?
>>
>>722652529
did you get any cell phone footage? shit could go viral real quick.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.