[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So doctor diagnosed me with depression and anxiety, and wants

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

So doctor diagnosed me with depression and anxiety, and wants to put me Xanax. Is there really no other way for me to feel normal? I turned down the drugs but I can go back and get them whenever I want, but I don't want to do that. However the feels have gotten to the point where I'm suicidal, I'm not sure what else to do.
>>
Help
>>
>>722329838
Differing opinions on this matter. It's possible that you have a chemical imbalance which will be ameliorated by the use of psychoactive drugs. It's possible that your depression stems from situational and environmental causes, which means that the drugs will not ultimately help. You should try the xanax, but be aware that it's not a permanent prescription, and doctors will very likely switch to another antidepressant with less toxicity/addiction issues after a few months, maybe a year. Discuss long-term plans with your p-doc, and speak often with a therapist/psychologist about the situational causes. CBT is extremely useful when paired with mindfulness, and I have gone from three prescriptions to none over the course of two years by accepting that emotional instability is an inherent part of the human experience, and it's okay to be sad and want to die sometimes as long as you can maintain the self-control to not actually kill yourself. But this is not to say that there's anything wrong with being on meds, because many people find them very useful. You have to find out what's right for you. I hope you are comforted by the fact that so many people share your suffering, and that you are not alone.
>>
xanax will fuck you up bad
>>
>>722329838
Screw your doc. Eat eggs,avocado,meat. Whatever just bring your vitamin B12 up. Solve the rootcause first before eating chemicals. Your doc is a moron.
>>
>>722329838
don't eat gluten and any carbs at all

for me it works 10000 times better than drugs
>>
>>722329838
im sooooooooooooo depressed too tbh. i already take klonopin which is the same as xanax

you didnt describe your issues so its hard to really give an opinion

but unless you have extreme like panic attacks and public xanax prob isnt the way to go. The effect will wear off quickly and you have to keep upping the level until you are taking so much you have issues if you get off it

its fine if you just take it short term though. but its not a good long term solution

xanax isnt for depression though
>>
>>722331087
i take b12 vitamin pills

im a vegetarian tho. and eggs gross my out and not a huge fan of advocados
>>
File: striga_geralt_beer.jpg (86KB, 599x465px) Image search: [Google]
striga_geralt_beer.jpg
86KB, 599x465px
If you have depression, you don't need Xanax. You need an antidepressant and a psychologist.
And a proper doctor...
Xanax may alleviate some of your symptoms, but not your depressed mood.
>>
>>722329838
xanax along with any benzos will ruin you. it is a terrible drug, taking it at night will fuck your sleep up, you might be clocked out for 10 hours but your brain isn't getting the actual rest it needs.

try meditating, look up some videos on youtube and do a bit of research... also xanax if abused can cause epilepsy, trust me, i know -_-
>>
>>722331252
>>722329838
he doesnt really elaborate on his issues tho

if you are like so on edge you are going to jump off a cliff rn take the xanax
>>
I've been to psych. Many times had 2 big psychotic. Break downs. Anti. Depressants have shit side effects. The best thing is to have xanax. Or diazapam. For extreme situations but don't rely on them. Try to socialize more and talk to close friend and family about any shit in your life.. Exercise also helps
>>
>>722331445
>Anti. Depressants have shit side effects.
how old are you?

i never had any side effects from anti depressants until recently when im 30. but also i used to take the newer pills and now im on an old line one

exercise does help.. but its hard to get out there when you're really down
>>
Sounds like he doesn't know what to do with your issues so he's trying to put you on meds to keep you coming back. Find yourself a good psych OP
>>
>>722331214
You can eat as much as you want of those B12 pills,but it also needs to be absorbed by your gut. Always go after the rootcause. Drink camomilla tea eat raw honey,take kefir,good bone broth. Once your gut is ok,you can absorb the vitamins. 40% of people have B12 defficiency and get health issues,depressions what can lead to death eventually. Xenax and whatever the doc prescribes doesn't fix the root cause,it only tempers the issue. Also note that B12 defficiency doesn'happen from one day to the other,it takes quite some time. Also to build it up again will take quite some time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.