[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the average /b/tard job? I wash dishes in a restaurant

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 273
Thread images: 17

File: 234ff23r-23.jpg (14KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
234ff23r-23.jpg
14KB, 316x202px
what is the average /b/tard job?
I wash dishes in a restaurant and it fucking sucks donkey asshole.
My favorite part is when someone tells me that my long hours and hard work must garner me "good money"... YEAH NIGGER? is it really "good money" if it is fucking few carrots more than minimum wage?

also nigger hate thread I guess
>>
Federal Agent
>>
>>721302226

Space assassin.
>>
>>721302316
Tits or GTFO
>>
>>721302226
Chef at Wendy's
>>
>>721302226
Software Dev

Decent money
>>
File: 1476283815657.png (55KB, 1371x896px) Image search: [Google]
1476283815657.png
55KB, 1371x896px
>>721302226
I boss the dishwasher around at my restaurant. Bring me some small plates nigger!
>>
suicidal NEET
>>
TriHard scuffed jays deadbeat dad dodge charger KFC manager east LA. EAT chicken. Grape soda. Kfc and watermelon IN PRISON food stamps worldstar. Having a father. Welfare. 40 oz and lawn chair dollar scratchers Tykiesha welfare office saggy pants
>>
>>721302470
it's not even that I care about money all that much honestly I just hate the feeling like I am working for free.. which is essentially what I am doing. the amount of solid effort I put in doing the bullshit work I do for as long as I do and I still can't afford housing but my manage would have me work 6 nights a week if they could

seriously there has to be more to life than breaking your back for the jew
>>
>>721302470
Say admin
How much does usr pay?
>>
>>721302513
Same as this anon
>>
>>721302226
Dumb racist fuck. Keep washing dishes and stay at the very bottom of society and for the fucking love of everything, don't even fucking think about breeding.
>>
>>721302681
T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>721302681
Found the nigger.
>>
>>721302681
I am the least racist person I know come to think of it.. unless you count jews as a race
anyways there is an actual nigger I work with in the restaurant and he gets on my nerves the least
>>
>>721302735
>>721302721

found the racist mama's boys.
>>
>>721302589
$75K plus some bonus (25K this year)
>>
ER / Trauma nurse at level 1 trauma center in florida.

Deal with lots of nignogs shot and even more nignogs chimping out in the parking lot after shootings on the weekends. If not shootings mostly MVC's related to ETOH. I work the night shift from 7p to 7a.

I'm thankful I didnt work friday or saturday night
>>
>>721302859
Found the nigger x2
>>
>>721302854
>least racist person I know
>nigger I work with
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>721302226
Kill.
Your.
Self
Faggot.
>>
Fuck niggers
>>
Rocket scientist
>>
>>721303023
stop being racist it's current year Cx
>>
>>721302988
that's really cute that you think that saying a word (actually typing in this instance) qualifies somebody as a racist
I bet you were one of those people who was genuinely shocked that Trump won
>>
>>721302226

software engineer with majors in neural networking

i have my own stock market prediction software, it's not amazing but it makes me enough money to have bought my first houst at 23, cost about half a million
>>
>>721302316
woll smoth when are u gonna make good films again
i want men in black 5 and cool songs not concussions
>>
>>721302949
I'm in FSU for Nursing.

How was your clinicals? Stressing out here, man.

Also, to answer op's question, I'm currently working as armed security dealing with shit people while paying my way through college.
>>
factory rat, at least untill they finish paying for my school, make 40k last year, before taxes, net was 22k =( feels bad man merica?!?!?!
>>
>>721302574
You always feel that way, doesn't matter how much you make. Humans always feel that way.

Thou there is huge difference between "I can't afford a one-bedroom apartment" and "I have a mortgage on 3 bedroom house."

Ideally you want a job where there is room to grow. In a restaurant there might be if it is a high class place, and you show good work ethic etc. But honestly it will take years and the hours are killer.

I don't work a lick over 40 hours, because fuck it I have better shit to do with my time. If there is more work that needs doing I just make one of my underlings do it. They are younger and more naive.
>>
>>721302911
Yeah that is a decent salary. How old are you? Any investments yet?
>>
File: 1486193482645.jpg (27KB, 212x224px) Image search: [Google]
1486193482645.jpg
27KB, 212x224px
>>721302513
Kill yourself, you'll be doing your family a favor.
>>
>>721303093
Actually, I'm white and I voted for Trump because Hillary would ruin us all. You're still a racist bag of dicks. Just because you are afraid to use the word in public doesn't mean it isn't in your head every time you see a black person.
>>
>>721303130
Sounds fake.
Prove it faggot.
>>
Movie theater
>>
>>721303140

Clinicals were easy. Take in as much as you can. Ask lots of questions and get hands on.

Don't be afraid to do shit. You're not going to kill anyone. Take advantage of it now before you are certified and on your own.

I started 2 years ago in ER and it was overwhelming at first but worth it. Start in the field you want to.
>>
>>721302226
Yeah just started a dishy job this week. Was at a pizza store making pizzas before that. At least its pay enough to pay rent and buy weed
>>
>>721303253
>afraid to use a word in public
but I do use the word in public but never referring to people directly because I am not a racist and I know that but it is really cute that you think that saying a word (in this instance typing) qualifies someone as a racist. REALLY CUTE

>also voting for Trump
wow you are an idiot too
>>
>>721303197
35. But I graduated from college at 32, so I'm a bit behind. Failed in first 2 careers cause I hated them, finally I'm doing something I enjoy.

I don't invest in the market, wife does that. I do have a second house which is sorta like an investment, but ill probably sell it when the real estate market picks up next time.
>>
I'm an analyst at comcast
>>
Collision Detective
>>
>>721302226
I work at a grocery store in the mornings and a Machine Shop at night
>>
>>721303415
What's cute is that you will never succeed with your attitude. You believe you should have more. You think you are worth more. You are too simple to be anything more than you are right now.
>>
>>721302226
I feel ya anon. Dishwasher is a thankless fucking job basically bottom of the totem pole tier. But oooh boy do they panick if you call in sick. Did it for 3 years. People were great tho, not all but most.

Currently work for a CRO. Makes ok money and get to travel.
>>
>>721302477
Head chef eh?
>>
>>721302859
Do you not love your mother?
>>
>>721303611
>You believe you should have more. You think you are worth more.
yes because I have WORKED for it bubbo... do you know what work is son? It is that think that cuases blood sweat and tears. if you haven't had any of those you don't know what actual work is so you can shut your little faggot mouth right now before I flop my dick in it
>>
>>721303458
That's nice anon. I guess you can foresee a decent growth in coming years. Just remember to keep upping your skillset, pretty quick to change your industry is.
>>
Aerospace manufacturing. I do prototype manufacturing and help with the design engineering.
>>
>>721303253
Everyone says that we're afraid to use it. I'm not afraid, I'm just not a rude cunt. If I see a fat person, I don't refrain from calling them fat because I'm afraid
>>
I teach introductory physics as an undergrad at my university. Not a bad gig
>>
>>721303644
thank you for understanding and for the reply anon, I appreciate you
I haven't called in sick or even showed up late one time in the 9 months I have been there... I am looking for a new job ASAP
>>
>>721303748
I've seen quite a few dipshit dishwashers roll through my restaurant. I know the type. You want to succeed? You want to make something of yourself? Man the fuck up. Take some fucking pride in your work. Be fucking polite. Maybe then people will see you and not just another dipshit.
>>
ya think there is all to life than warshing dishes?
that/s what you deserve

use your piddly lil paycard to go take classes at a city college,,enlarge you field of competency to food service mgmt
hygiene,food warehousing,warehousing mgmt,
or some other field of work that will pay 60k$/ yr
dumbledorf
>>
File: benderpoint.gif (824KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
benderpoint.gif
824KB, 500x375px
>>721303611
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNMIYRt7i9c
>>
File: 1236134470030.gif (304KB, 185x136px) Image search: [Google]
1236134470030.gif
304KB, 185x136px
>>721302226
I'm a middle school teacher
>>
>>721303346
Thanks.

Mind me asking what you make with only two years under your belt?
>>
Lawyer.

Pay is good.

Soul is dead.
>>
>>721303988
you keep talking all this shit but you literally know nothing about me or my work ethic... which leads me to believe that you are an idiot who is talking shit for no reason... not really sure why though
>>
>>721303820
Holy shit that sounds cool anon.

Talking about cool jobs I always wanted to get into the antiques business. I have been collecting and selling for years but small time. Never made a loss though and seem to have a nose for it. Just don't have the balls to quit my job and do it fulltime.
>>
>>721303574
Fucking.
Brutal.
>>
Drug Dealer
>>
Actuarial Assistant.

I use excel and code VBA for the most part.
>>
>>721304013
I bet you're evil. Troll those little fuckers to oblivion.
>>
>>721304008
do you even know how a restaurant works you dumbass? if I don't show up tomorrow the manager is the one washing the dishes or one of the cooks or bussers

it's a job that absolutely HAS to be done and only a real man would show up to do it 5-6 nights a week. my title may be "dishwasher" but there is a machine that does that. I am really a glorified trashman and even sometimes a plumber. but I am not unionized and I have no benefits. fuck yourself retard
>>
Actuarial Assistant.

I used excel and code VBA for the most part.

Now I just need to stop procrastinating and start studying for my exams.
>>
File: 1429844398557.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1429844398557.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>721304223
no comment
>>
Military intelligence, pay is shit, I work way too much, but it's too interesting to quit even though it's an office job.
>>
>>721304243
How old are you? 40?
>>
>>721304102
Because you're complaining about an entry level job while promoting racism. You're obviously a shitty person. Some advice for you before I go: If they ask you do do extra shit they are either testing you to see what you're capable of, or they are just using you. Do the shit, and do it like you actually want to. They promote you, cool. They don't, move on. No one is going to give you anything, especially with this shit economy. You can find opportunities to earn your place though. It took me a decade of shitty work to get where I am today, and I'm happy. Try hard, be a nice person and don't fuck up as much as I did and you can be there sooner.
>>
>>721303988
Not the original dishwasher anon but I have seen plenty of dipshit chefs as well. I think the fact that anon actually sticks to his job speaks for his character. When I worked as one most new guys didn't last a month due to the workload, one was even found crying in a corner once. The fact anon has been doing it for nine months shows he has work ethic.

In the time I worked there we went through 4 chefs and only 1 wasn't a complete egomaniac and actually good at his job.
>>
>>721304114
It sounds super cool but its mostly me surfing 4chan while I wait for one thing or another. Aerospace is ridiculously regulated, it has a lot of layoff and hiring waves, and everything is retarded expensive if you fuck up. I make $40 an hour but I can be drilling through a one off bracket that costs $7500 and is made of a titanium/magnesium/nickel alloy and fits in the palm of your hand.

Have you thought about getting a shop in a tourist trap? Those bring in a lot of older people or general antique hunters. Small town tourist areas also have cheaper rent.
>>
>>721304369
broad strokes of what you do?
>>
>>721304481
HAHA I am 25 bro if I am even doing this in 5 years I will kill myself.
The point is that I have been doing the bullshit work for a very long time and I know I deserve better. I will go out tomorrow and hand my resume to some people and shake some hands
>>
>>721304317
My middle school had heavy steel security doors with heavy brass knobs all around the building. One night I put Crisco on all the knobs. The rotational weight was so heavy that none of the doors could be opened. Shut the school down for a day because they had to clean it.
>>
>>721304599
You should take that anons advice and save some $$ and go to your local community college or go to a trade school...

Fucking washing dishes at 25..good on you, at least you work. I'd fucking starve to death at 27 if that's all I could do.
>>
>>721304544
I have been doing shitty work since I was 16 and I am 25 now so I guess I have a decade doing shitty work too anon do you want some fucking cookie faggot? you aren't special
>dishwashing is entry level work
yep confirmed for never having worked in a real restaurant and if you have you are unfortunately stupid because you have no idea how it works

a dishwasher is absolutely essential to the operation.. sure hire up some high school kids if you want to be turning them over every 3 weeks... but if you want to keep the position filled you keep the dished happy. period.

do you understand how incentive works? if a restaurant does GOOD business then all the staff should be happy because they are making good money (tips) right? well the back of house doesn't get tips so in other words if the restaurant is doing GOOD business it means there are one million fucking dishes to do and I have absolutely no incentive to show up to work and bust my ass.
>>
>>721304045

65k last year. just filed my taxes on tuesday lol

not bad for working 3x 12 hour shifts a week
>>
>>721304681
>middle school
>heavy steel security doors

Let me guess, you live in the United States of Supposed Freedom?
>>
banquet chef at a country club. $16 per hour plus full benefits. yearly raises, easiest job i've had.

our dishwashers are fucking retards dumb as shit. get a skill or stop bitching about your retarded job.
>>
>>721304894
I'm a truck driver, and I make that much listening to audiobooks, cussing at retarded 4wheelers, and masturbating in public for 10 hours a day.
>>
>>721304894
Fuuuck.

Beats the shit ~38K I'm making now.
>>
>>721304599
Bro, if you're going to hand out resumes with dishwasher as your current job, you might as well write 'this is a holdup' on the back.
>>
>>721304581

Haha I guess its that way with most jobs still you make bank and get to browse 4chan while doing it. Living the dream.

The stuff I collect and most am knowledgable about is rather specialized. Can't fill up a store with it and they are not really items someone picks up on a whim from a store. I collect medieval arms and armor and used to collect Chinese antiquities (made bank on those items since I bought before the Chinese boom).
>>
>>721304931
Well yes, but in that schools defense it was also designed as a community bomb shelter built during the cold war. Its also had all those doors removed some time after I left when they remodeled it and made it shiny and modern with giant windows.
>>
>>721304992
Chefs aren't exactly rocket scientists either.
>>
I make cavity units in a door factory
>>
>>721305134
while your comment made me laugh I am actually planning on moving into retail and I already talked to someone today but didn't have a resume on hand so thanks for the input though
>>
>>721305085
>lifegoals.png
>>
>>721304591
Process reasonable amount of intelligence to try and find patterns, or links. It is sometimes really easy and straightforward, like tracking people travelling, sometimes it's more of a shot in the dark. You can't always be right. I send my analysis to someone who appreciate whether it's plausible or not.
>>
>>721304013
Do you do anything with the girls? I would.
>>
Pizza delivery guy. $10 an hour, 5 hour shifts. Driving around my hometown making money then i go home. I love my job but for financial reasons i don't wanna do it forever. About to test for police academy.
>>
>>721304992
>skill
like what a chef? that's funny I have worked on the cook like in my restaurant and somehow being covered in food grease at the end of every night isn't that much different from being covered in dish water
>>
File: 1341882185255.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1341882185255.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>721305298
No dude, they're kids...
>>
Whats minimum wage where you guys are from? Chicago here so 10.00
>>
>>721305135
>living the dream
>mandatory 60-80 hour work weeks
>fairly safe work environment until someone abruptly dies
>lose five or six a year
>always grisly as fuck

Nightmare anon.

So do you recondition the arms and armor or leave the patina on? I mostly lurk /k/ so I dig the medieval paraphernalia.
>>
File: 20170204_025644.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_025644.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>721305259
Nigga my life is awesome.
>if you can stand to live in a 7x7 box 20 hours out of every day
>bonus perk: cheap hookers and free blowjobs from fat truckers in filthy truckstop bathrooms
>>
When I was dishwashing the guy I was working with was a fucking idiot and the dishwashing machine hardly worked.

>>721305339
Don't forget garbage from taking out the metric fuckton of trash.
>>
>>721305134
Well that's fucking bullshit. What he should put nothing on there?

"hahaha this guy is doing backbreaking work 6 days a week for 10 hours a day, he's been doing it for a year as well! What a loser. Lets go with Cindy who works 5 hours a week at forever 21, she sounds like a go getter"
>>
>>721305317
Stream the movie Police Academy. Very realistic portrayal of police work.
>>
>>721305472
10.00 in CA suppose to go up to 10.50
Making 10.50 when I started dishing last summer and supposedly gotten a raise since then

still can't afford to live in CA
>>
>>721304158
Liar
>>
>>721305535
>When I was dishwashing the guy I was working with was a fucking idiot and the dishwashing machine hardly worked.
you had a partner? gee that must be nice.. I spend 6.5hrs before one of the cooks comes to lend a hand... MAYBE

>don't forget about the metric fuckton of trash
how could I? my life is basically trash
>>
>>721305221
>>721305339

being a chef doesn;t require too much intelligence really, but you do have to be able to focus, multitask, you need a good pallet, and obviously there's a lot of technique and hard work involved. it really depends on what kind of kitchen you work in. For example, at my job (country club) you must have high standards for yourself and your coworkers/ underlings. i'm in charge of all the banquets there i have to plan ahead, assign tasks to other cooks, make sure everything turns out right. It totally depends on your position in the kitchen and your establishment, i cannot emphasize that enough. there is a huge difference between a 25 y/o with 10 years of experience under his belt already and some dumb fuck who works at wendy's, is 37, makes 7.25, and calls himself a "chef" and yes, i realize that post is bait. you can make minimum wage as a "chef", or make six figures. all depends on your work ethic, knowledge, leadership ability, technique, and yes, SKILL level. it's hard to make good money as a chef, and so far i'm on the right track. it only goes up from here.
>>
>>721305530
I just like smoking weed so no cdl until its federally legal.
>>
File: allison-evans_2.jpg (96KB, 569x850px) Image search: [Google]
allison-evans_2.jpg
96KB, 569x850px
used to be a lawyer, now im a holistic healer. almost the same money plus doing something i enjoy while grabbing asses in a daily basis
>>
File: 1364781735965.png (42KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1364781735965.png
42KB, 500x461px
>>721305557
I love you anon
>>
>>721305595
Shit blows bro.
Sometimes places go a bit above and pay 12$ the hour or even more
My friend has a decent warehouse Job that gave raises that made him up to 15$ over the course of his first year
>>
>>721305557
I said put it on the back. You know, as plan b.
>>
>ITT americans washing dishes by hand

Guessing you americunts never heard of a dishwasher machine, huh?
>>
>>721305877
I am not materialistic or anything on a personal note I just want the money I earn to reflect the effort I put forth. while 11.00 dollars maybe more money than I have ever made before it still doesn't help when the housing is what it is and inflation just keeps rising
>>
>>721305510
God no I do not mess with the patina. I have seen horror stuff where people have taken a buffer to items, completely ruining them.

With ground dug items I get from contacts I use specialized stuff to remove surface rust and dirt and then a coat of renaissance wax for conservation. In some cases the dirt is even coated since removing it might damage it.

If no surface rust I just put on a coat of renaissance wax and that is it.
>>
>>721306059
Nope. What kind of wizardry is that?
>>
>>721302226
database admin
>>
if you wash dishes at 25 because that's all you can do, you're a worthless piece of shit. period. ask to cook. coming from a chef, everyone who washes dishes in a restaurant over the age of 17 is retarded and that's why they wash dishes. how embarrassing. you think anyone will want to date you?
>>
I went a year without work, couldn't get hired cause resume had an ugly gap
So then I started to work under the table pay
Hours then shortened over time with that
Resume still had shit gap
And now no one is looking to hire me.
What do I do to correct that?
>>
>>721306059
In American food services the actual dishwashing machine is more for sterilization whereas the dishwasher is the laborer that rinsed the dishes off, makes sure there is no stuck on food, loads and empties the searingly hot dishwasher, and manages all the various kitchen duties not assigned to everyone else. The dishwasher is equivalent to a laborer on a construction site. They both work harder than anyone else on the site and get shit pay for the opportunity to earn a better place in their respective fields. Every chef has had to be a dishwasher. Every foreman had to be a laborer. Respect their work you socialist cuck.
>>
>>721306240
they asked me to cook. I don't want to because cooking is nigger work for nigger money. dishwashing is just a place holder until I find something better for myself.
>you think anyone will want to date you?
I never said that
>>
>>721306323
Become a dishwasher. Learn to work. Move up in world.
>>
>>721306326
i was a dishwasher / prep cook for 8 months when i was 15. then i started cooking. now i'm a chef. if you wash dishes over the age of 17 you're pathetic
>>
>>721306088
Just move to texas bro I lived there for a year and my rent gas water electric bill was all around 400$
Lived in a small town
Worked at a meat factory making 15$
Social life was dead though
Had to leave
>>
>>721305464
GTFO normie. This is 4chan.
>>
>>721306531
>now i'm a chef
even the guys at my work are technically "chefs" but they really make little sliders and one of them can barely speak english.. the other one is just passable
>>
>>721302574
Get a skill, everyone can wash dishes. Why would they pay you a lot of money to do something any goy could do.
>>
>>721306420
nigger work for nigger money? i make over double what my dishwashers do and i work 10% as hard (most days). Because of my talent and skill. i do things those worthless fucks can't do, with very little effort. dishwashers are worthless scum. i wish we didn't need them around, but somebody has to do the REAL nigger work and peel my potatoes
>>
>>721302226
Regional Field Service Coordinator for a pharacutical supplier of high-performance mass spectrometry, toxicology and chemistry measurement systems.
>>
>>721306637
OP isn't even listening to our advice he just wants to complain and tell us how much of a worthless nigger he is.
>>
I serve pizzas.
I make $5/h plus tips while serving if I have a section, or $8.50/h if I'm just in charge of keeping salad bar in order.
I like my job. It's not difficult. I don't like some of my coworkers. They are here for a paycheck and that's it.
I genuinely care about my customers and quality of work that is served up and it drives me crazy that they can't get things done right the first time.
>>
>>721302226
I'm in the us military. Fix planes n shit. sometimes it sucks but it's really not bad, there's tons of shit jobs out there
>>
>>721306637
to my understanding dishers already get paid more than bussers and servers (hourly wage, not tips) because the business values the work I do as more

but if you have ever actually worked a dishing job instead of just shitposting on /b/ you would know it is literally one of the worst jobs anybody could no.. nonetheless needs to be done
tl;dr I am not the one who started thinking my position was more valuable my wage already reflected that... I work MUCH harder though and deserve more money for that
>>
>>721306424
I apply for dishwashing positions all the time. I had one before but was let go immediately after starting because I was blamed for leaving a knife in a giant container of flour. In all someone got injured and the pastry or dessert chef (whatever he was), pinned it in on me. They said I was still on a probationary period and was to be terminated
>>
>>721306059
The washing itself itself isn't the problem. Its the lifting, pre scrubbing its fine for a small place but if you have a place that seats 200 its a nightmare. Imagine taking all the shit from your kitchen throwing it in your yard, hauling it back, washing it (with a dishwasher) and putting it back. Do this 10 times and you have a general idea. But you also have to take out the trash, scrub the area and floor and assist the cooks.

Most of the time you should be doing it with 2 people but you never are.
>>
>>721306700
Penn State for your degree?
>>
>>721306700
you're a regional faggot is what you are
>>
>>721306660
>i make over double what my dishwashers do and i work 10% as hard (most days)
yes you are confirming my point that you don't work hard yet get paid more.. not because you have a skill but because you are in the right place at the right time. are actors more skilled than you and thus deserving of millions of dollars or does society give more of a fuck about actors than they do chefs? but everyone still eats right? you are a moron stop replying to me and my wife's son
>>
>>721302226
Janitor, at a car dealership. It's not a bad job, it isn't at all hard and everybody's really mellow. But my fucking relatives keep giving me shit for not having a more prestigious job.

Every time I see my brother, he's all "You still cleaning floors at that dealership? When are they gonna promote you?" What in the actual fuck are they gonna promote me to? What job tree goes "Janitor>sales lead>store manager"? They didn't hire me so they could train me to service or sell cars, they hired me because they wanted somebody to take the fucking trash out and clean the bathrooms.
>>
>>721302226
fucking your mom
>>
>>721306531
Or you did too many drugs in your life. How does this relate to a twat that slandered Americans for having dishwashers?
>>
>>721305772
I'm a patent examiner and I deal with these fuckers on a daily basis. You couldn't pay me enough to be a lawyer.
>>
>>721304879
Dishwasher has always been bottom tier restaurant position. Only a retard would think otherwise.

P.s. been a dishwasher and cook, in case you're gonna be extra delusional.
>>
>>721302453
I fukin love the wendys waitresses! City I love in they only employ hot as fuck chicks
>>
>>721306961
I just want to take a minute to let you know that I genuinely appreciate people like you
Everyone gives janitors and trashmen and such shit for doing their job. Without people like you, our streets would be filthy and our dealerships would be lackluster. I promise I'm not trying to be sarcastic but I really really appreciate a good cleaning job anywhere I go.
>>
>>721306660
>talent.
>skill

Nigger please. In most places everthing comes ready to serve. You are basically a microwave that can dress dishes and add suace in a wavy pattern.
>>
>>721307068
I didn't say I was "top tier" why does every idiot keep thinking that I said that when I didn't in fact say that

What I said was that I am a disher who busts his fucking ass day in and day out and never gets any thanks for it. Meanwhile bussers who are 16yo working their first job come in to work after me, leave work before me with cash in hand, and have the audacity to think they know what real hard work is

haha good one
>>
>>721306927
i wasn't in the right place at the right time, i've put in my hard work in the dish pit, i started at the bottom like everyone else. i went to culinary school and learned the business. i put in the effort these dish grunts don;t want to or don;t care to. I made risotto, halibut, beef tenderloin and asparagus for 300 people tonight. i also had to fillet the halibut. do you think the dishwashers could've done a single component of that dish? or course not. that's why i get paid more. because i can do things that not anyone can do. skills and experience = more money. it's how it works, you lazy fuckhead

>>721307007
chefs all do drugs too.
>>
>>721307219
Because you're acting like an idiot. If you don't like the job get a new one. Unless you live in some podunk shit hole there are better jobs out there.
>>
>>721306531
>>721306624
ex chef and kitchen manager here - I was making ok bank for a while, but I wasted my youth working at restaurants -
and it just fucking killed my soul man... escape while you can...
broke-ish semi-employed fag now working to nail down a few IT certifications, but honestly my priorities have shifted in recent years
money just means less to me than it used to...
>>
>>721307389
>fillet a halibut
you mean you cut a fish? wow I am so impressed right now come check out this fucking raging boner I have over the fish you cooked.. for oh man 200 people?!! wowweee anon that must have been tuff. do your little fingers hurt? can you still tug your small penis to ejaculation?
>>
>>721303820
I am now this, but prior I have been a glass blower, I was a groundskeeper, I was a commercial fisherman and I was an operated for excavators, front loaders, bulldozers, and graders.
>>
>>721307068
I agree dishwashers are bottom tier. But who is going to do it if they are not there?

When I was working as one they basically could not afford to move me up. They wanted to but the turnover for dishwashers was ridiculous. They needed a reliable person they could plan in or else they were fucked.
>>
>>721307429
nah bro, i love it. this is my calling in life, cooking has been my passion ever since i was a young kid. i've always wanted to be a chef, and now i am. making decent money and i know i'm going to move up at my new job, i've only been here 3 months and i'm already in charge of all of the club's banquets. i am getting a raise in april, and another 6 months after that.
>>
>>721302226
“You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis. You are all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”

― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
>>
>>721302226
Not schooling up licences and courses such as dogging and rigging to get a job in a mine..
Even retards know how to do this and you are below them. Sucks to be you bro. Mining dollars are the fucking business
>>
>>721307389
I meant more for people well into their adult years working as a dishwasher. They usually fucked off with drugs, crime, and jail which is why they're 36 and working as a dishwasher at a greasy diner. A lot of fields have their share of drug use.
>>
>>721306809
No you don't deserve more money because, again, anyone can wash dishes. You may be the best damn dishwasher in the world, but who cares, it's not a real skill. If you were to walk out during the rush what would happen? Would they stop and kick everyone out, or would they tell the low guy to get some dishes cleaned? Again it's not a real skill. Work ethic, however is a valuable trait. You need to turn it into something worthwhile, I would suggest a trade where you go to school as you work. I'm an electrician and I started at 12 an hour and moved to 15 after 6 months eventually ending at 35 by the end of 4 years, no debt and a useful skill that any jackass off the street can't do. Plus it's something that people will always need so work will always be there if you work as hard as you say.
>>
>>721307536
i can smell the jealousy on you. i'm just proving a point that none of the dishwashers could fillet a halibut, i'm not saying it's hard for me, because it's not. it's what i do. you could not have done any of that, and i doubt you've ever even heard of risotto. get a skill and stop bitching about your shit job you fat nigger
>>
>>721307610
thanks anon for defending some of the posts I haven't even bothered to rely to.
I am in the position like you where hard work has kept me at the bottom because they don't have anybody else to call in and do the work I do with the level of effort I do it.

what really got to me though is last week I saw this little list hanging in the office that the mgr's printed up with notes of the BOH. next to my name is says "anon-:dishwasher/fry-- unmotivated to move from position"

it isn't that I am unmotivated to move.. it is that I don't want to cook and the front of house is a mess so they don't want to move me there and lose a solid disher
>>
>>721307787
>anyone can wash dishes.
where are they anon? where is the long line of people waiting to do my job? I don't see them anywhere
>>721307790
actually I feel like if I really put my noodle to use I could cut a fish and then use fancy words to say "I cut a fish"

the difference between you and I is that I hate fish and I don't want to cut a fish, it would seem.
>jealous
whatever gets you randy, anon
>>
>>721307815
>don't want to
Which is exactly why they consider you unmotivated. You said no to doing something so you seem like a useless turd.
>>
James?
>>
>>721307815
stop making excuses. nobody gives a fuck anyways. you will stay in the dish pit because you're good for nothing. that's why you're an unskilled worker. even your bosses know you;re unmotivated. if you gave a shred of a shit then you would go to trade school like everyone in this thread has told you to do. just give up on life. whoops, looks like you already have

" i work so hard blah blah blah im 25 and wash dishes for a living" youre worthless
>>
posting about hatin niggers when you do a nigger job

sit the fuck down, boy
>>
>>721307972
To be fair, a good chef can save a lot more useful meat and ensure there are no bones whereas an amateur chef could not. There is a certain grace to watching old little Asian women on processing ships just making beautiful fillets as fast as humanly possible.
>>
>>721308001
New phone who dis?
>>
Plumber 2nd year apprentice
16$ hour
Made 32$ a hour today (Saturday work)
>>
>>721302226
Professional street nigger
$300 a day
>>
>>721305557
The sad truth is they would probably go for Cindy because customers buy more shit from tight 20-something airheaded women that text all day than they ever would from any hardworking actual employee.
>>
>>721308150
he's salty because he knows that chefs can do things that he can't, and he is too bull headed to admit it, he thinks just because he scrubs harder than the guy before him that he's on the same level as them and deserves more money. typical "me" generation. i make double what he does, in the same industry, and we're the same age. and i know for a fact that i don't sweat my ass off working like he does. all about the skill and what makes you valuable. that's why i make $16 and he makes $7.25
>>
>>721308193
How do you get in? I've been trying to get in for 2 years to ANY kind of apprenticeship.

No fucking responses. EVER.
>>
Do what I do, bartend and make hella money and then sell drugs on the side... 100% win
>>
>>721308180
I'm your boss. You're fired m8ty. Lack of motivation signed AJ
>>
>>721302226
I'm a car salesman at Audi,

Fucking awesome job. Sit on my ass texting my girlfriend most of the day, sell a few cars, get paid $70k a year.

HMU if you want an Audi.
>>
>>721302226
I work at gamestop $10/hr
>>
>>721308303
Fucking retard, it's about LUCK not skill you worthless cur. I would do 10x a better job than your stupid ass if I was >LUCKY< enough to land the same job.
>>
>>721308303
>that's why i make $16 and he makes $7.25
I make 11.00 or some shit like that but I don't live in a shitty state like you so the cost of living means I am still poor
>>
>>721308303
Lol, $16? fuck you for trying to sound superior, cuck faggot
>>
>>721308320
same dude, i tried to get into a chef apprenticeship, but couldn't. not a single reply. i just went to culinary school instead while working. go to trade school bro.
>>
>>721308420
Go fucking bartend, dude. I make legit like $30 an hour.
>>
>>721308420
I might just do that man. 2 years, a million resumes and letters to various trade unions. No responses. I even called and followed up and shit.

Only the son of a brother of an uncle of a friend ever gets into those shitty nepotist unions.

Fuck unions.
>>
>>721308352
I want another Audi. Used to have a B7 S4 before I got brain damage. But I've just payed off all my debt after 4 years and make around 130k a year with overtime.
>>
>>721308493
Bad advice. My brother did mixology school and the bars around here only hire tight 20 something flirty whorish women.
>>
>>721308364
holy shit i hope you're trolling. i have been cooking for 10 years and have an impressive resume for a 25 y/o, thats why i got the job. the executive chef didn't roll the dice and hire me, idiot.

>>721308386
i live in texas now, i moved for this job. cost of living super low, which makes my pay go even further, lol.

>>721308391
try to find another 25 y/o in texas making $16 in the first 3 months of his restaurant job. i make the most out of anyone in the kitchen besides the sous chefs and the executive chef. there's 30 cooks in the kitchen
>>
>>721302226
Small has station in the middle of nowhere. Me and my boss chief in the supply room and drink beer. Sometimes even a little powder.
Doesn't pay much but I love my job.
>>
>>721308303
Well, I make $40 an hour and can drill a hole with a tolerance of .1895-.1897 free hand through titanium, aluminum and carbon fiber but I mostly spend my day shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>721308362
I work at EB games $24/hr
>>
>>721308493
are you a chad? you are coming off as an oblivious chad who thinks that the world works the way for everyone the way it does for you? (on easy mode)

I am the dishwasher OP and when I mentioned to my GM that I would like to **maybe bartend (after she opened dialogue by asking what I wanted to do) she replied back with a "ehhhhhh ooh jeeze well UMMMM you usually need "experience" for that but we'll see lolz"

what fucking experience? like the one where I spend 9months seeing how the kitchen runs because I close that mofo out every night? Tell me again how hard it is to pour some beers from a tap, enter orders into a screen, and make a knock off long island iced tea
>>
>>721308496
Literally. You have to be sponsored by a union member. Start working labor jobs until you can get on a prevailing wage job and cozy up with the operators.
>>
>>721308613
>i moved to texas lol
great and now you are living in texas retard
>>
>>721308613
>holy shit i hope you're trolling. i have been cooking for 10 years and have an impressive resume for a 25 y/o, thats why i got the job. the executive chef didn't roll the dice and hire me, idiot.

Fuck off retard. I've been stuck in shitty jobs forever after getting a bachelor's in Biology.

Labs pay $10/hr and I have 50k+ debt.

How much money you make has NOTHING to do with how much you "contribute" to this shit tier society. It's luck or who you know.
>>
File: 1458186663536.gif (674KB, 414x317px) Image search: [Google]
1458186663536.gif
674KB, 414x317px
>>721302226
Bruh

I've been dishbitch for 5 years making $12/h the whole time never a raise. I don't know what I'm doing with my life...
>>
>>721308493
i'm a licensed bartender too, but i'm a banquet chef. cooking is better. they're both fun though. bartending CAN be better money, but i hate dealing with customers unless it's a private club with the same people every day/week.

>>721308496
my dad got into an ironworker apprenticeship about 10 years ago, now he's making $50 per hour. he's also union. just depends on the trade.
>>
>>721308303
Isn't $16 like just above minimum wage? As a dishwasher I made €13.75. Which is just slightly below your high skilled job.
>>
>>721308523
We've got a beautiful R8 in my branch it might be worth you looking at... Where you based?
>>
>>721308715
In New Zealand right ? Lmao
>>
>>721308654
Yeah well I make $70 an hour reading legal documents and all I had to do was go to school for more than half a decade... totally not dead inside I swear.
>>
File: 1364782036505.jpg (21KB, 251x218px) Image search: [Google]
1364782036505.jpg
21KB, 251x218px
>>721308773
this comment and that image. I love you just so you know anon, you are special and you deserve better
>>
>>721308763
texas is nice. i like it a lot so far. not many niggers in my city, but a lot of beaners. which is OK because they usually keep to themselves.
>>
>>721308542
your brother is an idiot who spent money on school to do something any fucking idiot can do, tell him to go cry, I'll be over here counting my cash
>>
>>721302574
Where do you live? Just in general
>>
>>721308858
no. minimum wage here is 7.25.. 16 is decent money. i can afford to buy a brand new car and make payments, rent a 2 bedroom apartment in a good neighborhood, buy drugs, and have a big gun collection and a very nice computer.
>>
>>721308957
southern california, more specifically the nice areas outside of LA the kind where people pay nearly a million dollars for houses built in the 70s
>>
>>721308955
My point is that it's about luck you fucking autist. You got LUCKY and landed yourself a job. Now you think it had something to do with your "skillset" or some shit.

Anybody can do the fucking monkey tier work you do. Don't confuse luck with ability.
>>
>>721308721
I'm literally sharing beers with my dishwasher and we're both laughing at you, go fucking kill yourself because you're just some tragic asshole who wont do shit with his life >:)
>>
>>721308858
Minimum in murica is 7.25/hr
>>
>>721308868
Washington state. I'm more interested in an rs4. I always wanted that over the s4. But I'm trying to save up for a down payment on a house. I might also work less overtime. I make 85k base as an aerospace mmechanic.
>>
>>721309052
Ah shit ur fucked kiddo
>>
>>721309062
blaming your lack of skills and bitterness and envy toward others on luck... you really are worthless. piece of shit
>>
>>721308721
Also, I used to be the fucking beverage director of a bar, like I used to legit run shit

Didn't get the credit I deserved, so I WISED THE FUCK UP, and went where there was money to be made

Keep washing dishes, faggot. And then whine about how you wash the best dishes, fuck outta here
>>
>>721309066
this thread is already my motivation anon
I was already talking to people today and I plan on giving out my resume tomorrow to someone who seemed happy that someone was the least bit interested in a job

we will see where this goes
>>
>>721308907
Bro, what wage is it where the light of your soul fades? I don't even remember any more.
>>
>>721308907
Also, I have a general education diploma for my wage. I dropped out of high school but had EPIC work history and got into aerospace on luck and capability.
>>
>>721309145
He is right you know. You look stupider and stupider with every post implying it takes skill to pour a simple beer. I do that myself at home all the time.

In fact a lot of jobs do require luck or knowing somebody on the inside.
>>
>>721305085
>truck driver
Ayy me too. Who you drive for?
>>
>>721309253

i'm not the full time bartender, i'm the banquet chef. i want IDs again.
>>
>>721309145
Lol fucking autist. There are people who work their asses off roofing houses in 100+ degree heat who make less than pieces of shit like you pissing in beer jugs like a retard.

I could never roof a house. THAT's skill and determination, yet it pays shit. Anyone can mix a few girly drinks like an artard like you.
>>
>>721309158
On some non-troll shit... your struggle is something you create yourself. If you find unhappiness in something you pursue, try harder or go somewhere else.

My experience has shown that trying harder sometimes leads me to a dead end. I don't fucking cry or blame everyone else. I find a new path.

It sucks. Change is hard. Breaking the comfortability of the same shit is not easy. But to be in a situation and cry about it, on 4chan nonetheless...

I have to make fun of you. It's the /b/ way
>>
File: 1483159447684.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1483159447684.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
>>721302226
I've cleaned shitters for the last eight years.

Right out of High School.

I wanted to be a Paleontologist when I was a wee lad.
>>
>>721309163
Oh I was always dead inside courtesy of shitty childhood. Just had to get a job no one trusts to go with it.
>>
>>721309349
>Implying cooking takes any degree of skill whatsoever.

Unless you work at a 5 star restaurant, you are a self glorifying retard. Anyone can make eggs sunnyside up moron. Not everyone can find a cooking job that pays decent.

Head chef pays about $12/hr around here, and cost of living is much higher.
>>
>>721309390
thank you anon I know you are just doing what you have to. and you are one hundred percent correct and I think I understand that I am the only person who has put myself in this shitty situation of deadend dishwashing.
Obviously I had a bit of a shitty night and I wanted this thread to vent in and many anons gave me that opportunity so I thank you

nobody even asked what kind of retail I was looking at... you guys would have had a good roast over that
>>
>>721309358
first of all, i'm not the bartender. i'm the CC banquet chef. bartending is a skill, though. roofing is also not as shit money as you might think. i know a guy who owns a roofing company who starts his roofers off at $15/hr minimum. that's also in wisconsin, where it's cold, not hot.
>>
>>721309158
Good luck fellow fellow dishbitch. I got out and so can you.

I do have to say almost everyone I worked with back then were great. Still keep in contact with most and the ex chef I worked with joined the gun club I am at after I took him with me.

He probably is nicer than Mr. Fancy fish here in this thread tho.
>>
Kill me now
>>
I used to bug test smart phone & tablet applications but it was only a temp gig. I was laid off a little more than a year after starting. I've also worked off and on as a stagehand before that but the hours were few and far between.
>>
>>721302226
I do fuel delivery locally. Going to make close to 90k this year.
>>
>>721309449
>implying i work at a diner

bro read the thread and you'll understand why i make $16 for cooking and pay $500/month for rent.
>>
>>721309145
>skills and bitterness and envy towards others on luck

come on man you have to admit most high paying jobs don't go to the most qualified people. Especially in this economy. Skills mean shit. Speaking from personal experience here.

I worked in construction for 4 years without a raise yet it was always the boss's son who got the pay raises, vacations, benefits, etc.
>>
>>721309551
God I wish I could work for him. Here roofers are nepotist pieces of shit who only promote their sons and start you at $10 an hour at most. And of course require 2 years experience or more.
>>
>>721304599
I doubt it's hands you want to shake
>>
>>721309653
find a better place to work. i searched for the right job, and had to move over 1000 miles for it. it didn't just fall into my fucking lap. i worked hard finding the job so that i could enjoy the job and relax at work and make good money.
>>
>>721309427
Jesus, are you my college educated doppelganger?
>>
>>721309637
>pay $500/month for rent.

Is that a brag or not I can't tell. $500 here gets you a hovel in a ghetto.
>>
>>721309770
There really are no good places to work except for seasonal factory jobs that pay $16/hr around here, and they're only 6 months per year.

I would move but I have no money to do it myself.
>>
>>721309631
Jackpot, good job anon.
>>
Work at a warehouse for a delivery company
>>
>>721309811
Not him but I pay $600 for my 2 story house in the woods. 2 acres.

Get out of the city dude. And the ghetto. You will be astonished at how low rent is in more forested areas.
>>
-Work for boss that hates my dad.
-gets layed off for a month.
-goes back to work for 2 weeks.
-layed off again, looking for job because boss blows owners nut.
>>
>>721309637
Where do you live where rent is $500?>>721309811
Bro, $800 gets you a hovel in a getto where I live. I pay $1300 for a shitty two bedroom apartment.
>>
>>721304243
>>721304243
go cook yourself in the oven
>>
>>721309770
Look, I get you did the work to find the job and that's great and all, but for you to imply it's "skill" is really fucking autistic and delusional.

Think about how many other people can do the job you do, and yet are making around $7 an hour stacking boxes and other useless shit.

You're a bitch becuase you confuse your good fortune in finding the job on luck, as if somehow you have something to offer nobody else can.

That's why you're a fag bro.
>>
>>721309934
I live in the city but not in the ghetto. Pay €1000 a month for a 2 bed apartment though. Shit sucks
>>
>>721309811
it's just information. not exactly bragging, but there are places out there that can give you an easier life. i had to leave my life behind to get this new job. i left all of my friends, family, everything. i don't know anybody here but i'm starting to make friends.

>>721309822
i moved across the country with $2,000. that included 2 months rent + everything else involved with moving. i only took my clothes, computer, and a table. i slept on the floor for 2 months.

gotta go to bed, banquet chef is signing off for the night. good luck with your future endeavors, guys. the work is out there, you just gotta look for it. (not blame it on bad luck and pity yourself)
>>
>>721309750
on the contrary it is my dream job and I would most certainly like to shake some more
>>
>>721309944
Get out of the ghetto dude. YOu are wasting your life.

See:
>>721309934
Paying $600/month for an ENTIRE house to myself with land just an hour away from NYC. No shitty roommates. Just me and my dogs.
>>
>>721310062
Goodnight banquetbro
>>
>>721310062
I wouldn't be proud of myself for being a lowly chef though I guess we just see the world differently anon
>>
>>721310062
Not blaming it on bad luck, I'm just acknowledging the reality of the economy.

I would definitely move if I had 2k.

Also, guess what. I've been sleeping on the floor when I first moved here too.

The economy is bad and it's getting worse. Don't call your luck skill dude.
>>
>>721310110
Saving to buy a house bro. Anything cheaper than 350k is over an hour drive both ways from my work and I don't want to pull a 2 or 3 hour commute and still work 12s.
>>
>>721310242
Houses here are about 70k-150k.

Eastern PA. Hour away from NYC.
>>
>>721302226
>what is the average /b/tard job?
I have no idea what the average /b/tard job is, but I work as a PhD student.
>>
>>721310316
Townhomes right next to my apartment sold for 350k to 450k. Fucking townhomes. I don't live in the ghetto, I live on the "decent" side of a shitty city suburb. The nice town just down the road from me has basically my same apartment for $2200.

Western Washington is an inflated hell hole.
>>
UPS package handler
I'm never gonna hear the end of that one.
>>
Self employed since 01/02.
>>
>>721311010
Ups can't drive for shit
>>
>>7213112
Selling your ass doesn't count as self employed
>>
Ass model
>>
Masonry Labourer
>>
>>721306913
This mad me laugh. Why all the hate?
>>
>>721306876
Fuckkkkkkk PSU. Rutgers Scarlet Knights all day.
>>
>>721306546
The cringe in this post though
>>
Vegetables vendor. College drop out, aint got money no friend no qt no nothing
>>
>>721302226
4Chan admin
>>
File: IMG_0891.jpg (673KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0891.jpg
673KB, 1920x1080px
Manager on a tourist catamaran in the caribbean. Pay is mediocre by US standard but for the island life I live like a king
>>
>>721311404
How so?
>>
>>721313000
So many Lard ass Ugos. Hopefully the locals look better than that.
>>
Warehouse Supervisor
>>
File: IMG_0916.jpg (226KB, 1080x863px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0916.jpg
226KB, 1080x863px
>>721313147
Yea I work a lot with the cruise ships that come in here holy shit I've seen some creatures.
>>
>>721309944
Same
>>
>>721302226
POTUS
>>
>>721302859
Bait
>>
>>721302226
I make $10 an hour going through a temp service in my area. If you're making minimum wage you're getting raped.
>>
Electrical engineer
Pretty good salary
Thread posts: 273
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.