[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is slavery illegal?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: slavery_2849118k-510x319.jpg (93KB, 510x319px) Image search: [Google]
slavery_2849118k-510x319.jpg
93KB, 510x319px
Why is slavery illegal?
>>
Depends on where you live.

Slavery in some countries is still very much legal.
>>
Everything is legal man
As long as you don't get caught
>>
File: 1477780527159.jpg (35KB, 368x321px) Image search: [Google]
1477780527159.jpg
35KB, 368x321px
>>720770082

1/10

made me reply.
>>
>>720770082
Because animals have rights too
>>
>>720770082
The literal reason depends on where you ask the question.

In the United States, for example, it is because all men are created equal.
>>
>>720770082
Define slavery
>>
>>720770571

then why the fuck are the black people always so pissed off?
>>
>>720770082
Would you want to be a slave?
Or a person who can't get a job because an unpaid slave is doing it?
As long as slavery exists nobody is really safe.
White slavery is a thing.
>>
>>720770708
Your question doesn't necessarily relate to my conclusion. I can't really make a claim as to whether or not most or any black people are always pissed off.
>>
>>720770082
Most immoral things are illegal.
>>
>>720770708

Thats a question with a very long, complicated answer.
>>
>>720770798
This is an odd position. It could be that someone would want to be a slave.

Why can't someone be safe in the context of slavery?
>>
>>720770082
cuz strategery
Lincoln wanted to undermine the South and many slaves had already fled to Union lines already. Lincoln himself wasn't an abolitionist at first. It was sanctioned by the constitution. He only did it because he knew he had to. At one point he supported the idea of sending them back to Africa.
The more you know!
>>
>>720770646
>Define slavery
Slavery is where one person own another as if that person was a chattel (IE a personal possession). The slave has no purpose but to serve the master. As slavery is outlawed there are no rules or safeguards on the life of the slave.
While you might like the sound of this I doubt you'd volunteer for the job.
>>
>>720770082
Because you'd bitch too much about being whipped all the time and doing an honest days work.
>>
>>720771079
>>720771079
There are technically no safeguards or rules on the life of any human.

Society dictates these things. I see no reason why society can't dictate the proper treatment of slaves.

It may be that, given a proper set of rules, and with reasonable compensation, that someone may volunteer for the job.

It really would depend on many factors.
>>
>>720770082
It isnt, jewish multinationals use slavery.
>>
>>720771229

>It may be that, given a proper set of rules, and with reasonable compensation

A volunteer position with a proper set of rules and reasonable compensation is called a job, not slavery.
>>
>>720770082
Because it takes jobs away from honest working freemen.

Also because it's a pretty shitty thing to do to another human being, but since when have the rabble given a shit about anyone but themselves?
>>
>>720770992
You can choose to be a slave if you want to be. There's no law saying you can't just decide to do whatever a specific person tells you to do. The idea that that person is legally recognised as "owning" you, and that you have no personal rights of your own? That's what's illegal.
>>
>>720770082
Slavery is not effective enough out of a productive perspective.

Give a man a few dollars and make him spend more then he earn and basically make the bank own him I still more effective than just making him a slave.
Because the illusion of being free but have to work to keep going is a strong motivator.
>>
>>720771234
>It isnt, jewish multinationals use slavery.
America was built on slavery. If it wasn't for slavery there would have been no cotton industry or sugar industry.
You're just in denial with all your talk of "niggers".
>>
>>720771570
Actually there would have been, it just would have been more expensive.
>>
>>720771570
>>720771570
Actually there would have been, it just would have been more expensive.
>>
>>720771547
You missed my point almost altogether. I never said anything about legality.
>>
>>720771371

A quick Google tells me:

"Slave: A person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them."

This doesn't seem mutually exclusive with compensation to me.
>>
File: IMG_3181.jpg (170KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3181.jpg
170KB, 750x1334px
>>
>>720771570
Actually there would have been, it just would have been more expensive. Like it was in other parts of the world that didn't use slaves.

Slavery isn't what America was built on. America was built on the ruins of the continent-spanning civilisation that Columbus and company accidentally wiped out with European disease. The Mayflower's passengers, and those that followed, had the impression that God had crafted this land expressly for their ease of settlement. In truth, the "natural" trails and large cleared-out areas were all that remained of Native American cities. They were basically walking into a post-apocalyptic world.
>>
File: 1466624077801.png (544KB, 717x678px) Image search: [Google]
1466624077801.png
544KB, 717x678px
>>720771555
trips of truth
>>
>>720771743
No, you were saying "what if someone wanted to be a slave?". What you're describing isn't slavery, because you can't just choose to leave slavery.

Slavery isn't safe for a society because at any point, you are at risk of being forced into slavery yourself. Happened all the time in antiquity. And when a person is literally considered another person's property, there's only so much society can actually do to protect them.
>>
>>720770708

The answer isn't really that complicated. It's because racism is inherently built into US society/culture (and that of many other countries/the whole world), and so black people remain oppressed.

The fact of the matter is that at the end of the day black people are still seen as "other" or second-class citizens and are treated as such. They are often born into difficult situations, and they also are inherently not trusted/not given as many chances/opportunities simply because they are black.

The most sickening aspect is that many, if not most, white people do not believe that the oppression exists. They also believe that black people do it to themselves, i.e. "acting ghetto", "being lazy", etc.
>>
>>720771882
>Slavery isn't what America was built on.
Then what was the slavery for? Anywhere that cotton, sugar and tobacco could be grown there was slavery.
You are just another apologist for the slave-owners.
Stop the denial.
Get with reality.
Protip: the people from the Mayflower nearly starved to death. The local Indians took pity on them and shared their food.
That was the basis of the Thanksgiving custom.
>>
>>720771777

>"forced"

When trying to be edgy, try harder.
>>
File: ancap-meme-generator[1].png (66KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancap-meme-generator[1].png
66KB, 547x402px
>>720770082
It violates the NAP

Relationships and interactions based on valid and informed consent are virtuous and those which are not, are not!

Also, every individual has a property right within themselves, it is their individual sovereignty to act according to their free will, to act without coercion or compulsion
>>
>>720772242
I wasn't saying, 'what if?"

I said someone can want to be a slave. This is simply true, and this is independent of whether or not he can choose to leave his servitude.

If anyone is at risk of being forced into slavery, then we could design it such that it is either worthwhile, hard to be mistreated, etc. I don't think it's fair to just say that no one would be safe.

There may be only 'so much' society can do to protect them, but that seems like an incredibly weak argument insofar as there's only so much society can do to protect non-slaves alike.
>>
>>720772568
What part of being forced to obey another is mutually exclusive with reward?
>>
>>720772741
Curious to hear your proposal for such a system of regulations and policing that would ensure that slaves would live comfy lives without mistreatment, have the <i>freedom</i> to report mistreatment when it occurred, and how the cost of such a system would not outweigh the actual benefit.
>>
Human rights.

Which is by itself a stupid concept.
>>
>>720772961
I don't see how anything you've asked of me here is related to my claim. Why do I owe to you my position to explain these things to you?
>>
>>720772426
Go ahead, trust them fuck anything and see where that leads.

Don't preach about fucking shit you never practiced. Niggers deserve all the hate and untrustfulness they get.
>>
>>720771229
the truth is any anthropologist who's studied slavery will tell you that the vast majority of slaves where as healthy as anyone else living during that time and only a fraction of 1% of every slave body ever examined shows any signs of physical abuse. the truth is serfs in medieval Europe show more signs of abuse than is found in slaves
>>
>>720772961
Not him, but aren't you being redundant?

First world economy problems, there is never enough resources or time to accomplish fuck anything. Making a system to protect agaisnt slavery is bullshit since people weren't born to be free.

Why else would we need leaders and the like?

Oh right, because niggers and rednecks.
>>
>>720773187
I'm not the other anon, but I just wanna say you're a weird motherfucker. Oh and btw, you're describing indentured servitude.
>>
>>720773187
I didn't say that you owed me anything, you're turning it around to distract from the fact that you don't have an answer. You said
>we could design it such that it is either worthwhile, hard to be mistreated, etc
and I requested that you explore whether such a version of "it" could be designed that would be in any way feasible.
>>
>>720773516
>TL DR:
>We like to be comfy
>Thus wageslavery is a thing
>>
In third world countries, like Russia, slavery is legal. They call it consumer credit.
>>
File: 1448399189497.jpg (15KB, 327x303px) Image search: [Google]
1448399189497.jpg
15KB, 327x303px
>>720773743
>>
>>720770082
Because capitalism is better for labor.

Slavery, pay for food and shelter or risk a revolt or dead slave.

Capitalism, pay someone a salary and let them figure out how to live and if they don't then you can hire someone else.
>>
>>720773956
capitalism/slavery - same shit for same poor people.
>>
>>720770082
It's alive and perfectly legal in all Muslim countries that observe Shariah Law.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.