[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is this world going to realize Religion is what's stopping

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 16

File: isis-flag-youtube-afp.480.360.s.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
isis-flag-youtube-afp.480.360.s.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
When is this world going to realize Religion is what's stopping us from progressing?

Religion is good for nothing, it causes conflict, and violence..
When will people get rid of God?.. i think we should mass execute people of faith and let the word spread, having them run scared... but we wouldn't be doing this for the sake of killing, but for the sake of a more clear and progressive future..

Almost everyone would be better off without a God in their life.
>>
it does give people morals
>>
>>720124780
So just because "some" people have a few morals that would be impossible for us to teach are children at a young instead of going to church that we should keep religion?
>>
>>720124963
who are you to tell people they should stop believing in god. Just because you think religion is retarded doesn't mean everybody should think that. It's an opinion
>>
>>720124963
Religion helps control the masses, and that is why they will never get rid of it
>>
>>720125147
>>720125217

Your logic hurts my brain, this is why Religion exist in the first place, from people like you who don't mind the violence and out rage it breeds nothing but trickery and false hood..
>>
You're a one edgy faggot,aren't you?
>>
>>720125480
How? just because i want the world to be a better place without Religion that has not done ANYTHING for us?
>>
>>720125147
Believe in god all you want, but not in a book that has conflicting statements
That's just plain stupid and someone who follow the teaching of such a book is litterally retarded
>>
>>720125448
I didn't say I was for it faggot, I only said that's why they wont get rid of it
>>
>>720124780
In what way? I am not religious, yet I dont want to rape and murder people. I feel pain when I see people suffer. How come ?
>>
Religion is a war you dont understand.
Fighting for a fictional guy in the sky.
HEIL Lucifer & Trump
>>
>>720124714
I agree. I think that as soon as peole realize that we don't care what magic skyfairy you pray to to absolve yourself from personal responsibility, the world will be a better place.

Of course I have no problem with people believing in magic sky fairies to absolve themselves of personal responsibilities. The issue however is that tese people want to share their convictions with others, and that is where the conflicts come from.

I believe that if we stopped making religious institutions tax-exempt, we would see a sharp decline in religions.
>>
>>720125643
>yet I dont want to rape and murder people
Don't you want to kill degenerate people like religious nuts?
>>
>>720124714
>religion is bad because wars and evils
>we should kill all religious people

This is why atheist communists have killed way more people then the religious ever have
>>
File: 99.98.png (299KB, 371x385px) Image search: [Google]
99.98.png
299KB, 371x385px
>>720124714
Cut out the middle man.

Teach people how to critically think.

Religion is a symptom of a bigger problem.
>>
>>720124714
It's not stopping us from anything. It's the people that use religion for their own purpose is what's stopping us from progress
>>
>>720125643
I am religious and I want to rape and murder people

That's why i chose christianity!

I can do whatever I want in life and as long as I repent on my deathbed, I'll go to heaven!

Christianity! We also fuck little boys!(tm)
>>
>>720124714
You do realize that without religion (mainly Christianity) we wouldn't be where we are now?
>>
>>720125932
>I can do whatever I want in life and as long as I repent on my deathbed, I'll go to heaven!
That's islam m8

Chistianity has a balance system
If you do more bad than good you're screwed
>>
File: IMG_7894.jpg (164KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7894.jpg
164KB, 683x1024px
>progressing
Into what exactly? More factories left to rott as we build more that will eventually rott? Progress our races into one race?
>being a progressive in the year TRUMPthousand17
Good luck with that namby pamby bullshit.
>million woman march to stop signing of defunding of planned parenthood
>trump signs 2 days later.
You all should probably take that as a wake up call.
>>
>>720125932
Catholic rape and murder children
>>
>>720125967
wait ... WHAT???
>>
>>720125967
Can say the same about hitler and slavery

Maybe we should reopen the ovens and chain our black folks
>>
File: this_is_you.jpg (255KB, 1717x1002px) Image search: [Google]
this_is_you.jpg
255KB, 1717x1002px
OP is a furfag fedora-wearing faggot

>implying "progress" is a thing
>implying the Abrahamic conceptualisation of "God" is the only one in existance
>implying people will ever stop killing/raping as long as there is anything shiny or shaped like a vagina on this entire planet
>>
File: 1485210625803.jpg (171KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485210625803.jpg
171KB, 1000x750px
>pic related
>>
>>720126056
No its crazy people that happen to be catholic. It has nothing to do with religion.
>>
>>720126200

roll
>>
>>720126141
War leads us to new innovations.
World war 1 we started whit horses and drove out whit tanks
>>
File: (You).jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>720124714
https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/

Get back in there edgelord
>>
>>720124714
The problem is acting on irrational beliefs. Religion is just a part of that.
>>
>>720126262
War is only used to profit. Nothing else.
>>
File: 11962.jpg (35KB, 680x281px) Image search: [Google]
11962.jpg
35KB, 680x281px
Op does not know thing about religion.

1. Christianity laid the foundation for science.
2. Science and religion are not two opposites, as a matter of fact science and religion go together quit well.
3. Most conflicts in the world were never about religion in the first place. I bet you can't even name two wars based on religion.
4. Marxism for example is based on atheism but has caused hundreds of millions of deaths.

Go fucking educate yourself you piece of shit before blaming evrything on religion.
>>
right..... best solutuin for religion: let everyone Belive what ever the fuck they want to belive in. as long as it dos not hurt or opresses other human beeings.

who cares what one belives in as long as one dos not hurt others with it.
and if your belive system wants you to hurt others then it must be dismateld/prohibited....
>>
Lets make hitler a god and his toughts our religion.
>>
>>720124714
Religion is a perfectly logical response to the realization of ones own mortality.

One day we will die. It's nice to know that there is a higher purpose than just going run getting laid in order to propagate the species.

I mean, if the true meaning of life was just to propagate the species, imagine how much of a sucker you would be living a life of celibate meditation or spreading the word of some made up fanfiction cobbled together from a myriad of ancient egyptian, zoroastrian, jewish and latter roman sun deities to form a barely legible narrative of some jealous god that killed off an avatar of himself to absolve humanity of a sin that the god imposed on man in the first place after man acted upon his own free will, as gifted to him by the god.

Shit would be crazy.
>>
It's a reason they call it believing. It's your choice.
>>
File: 1478474979401.jpg (38KB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
1478474979401.jpg
38KB, 619x619px
>>720126397
>Christianity laid the foundation for science
>as a matter of fact science and religion go together
Alternative facts
>>
File: blstoise.png (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
blstoise.png
100KB, 500x500px
>>720124714
I dunno about the 'mass execute' thing but yeh, religion is shit.

Even if you took religion out of the equation those brainless fools would find something else to fight about.
>>
>>720125776
Not true.
>>
The blind leading the blind.
>>
>>720124714
I'm as ardent an anti-theist as you'll, OP, albeit think more along the lines of Hitchens rather than Dawkins, but I'd still argue that its quite simplistic and incorrect to think that removing religion is the panacea for our problems. Religion is a symptom of our problems, as Marx says it is the "soul in a soulless world." People turn to it because they cannot bare the harshness of living with the toil and unfreedom of our sick and broken societies.

You want to remove religion, truly scrub the earth of it and all thats wrong with it? You need to remove the impulse for it. And in order to do that, you must fix our society and make people free and happy to the extent that they need not prostrate themselves before a god for purpose and hedge their bets for happiness in a nonexistent afterlife.
>>
>>720126397
>Most conflicts in the world were never about religion in the first place. I bet you can't even name two wars based on religion.

Crusades, 30 years war, Second Sudanese Civil War, French wars of religion
>>
File: KID.png (158KB, 368x267px) Image search: [Google]
KID.png
158KB, 368x267px
>>720126499
A body of knowledge based on empirical evidence & Floating bearded judgmental ghosties go together like orange juice & toothpaste.
>>
But if we did that you can say goodbye to prove god exist threads.
>>
File: 1475720110470.jpg (71KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475720110470.jpg
71KB, 900x900px
>>720126823
You know how you eat a whale Anon?

One pice at a time.

First bite: Religion
>>
>>720126945
I think i'll live.
>>
>>720124714
Yes i remember when i was 15 on 4chan too
>>
>>720126397
>the Holy crusades
>religious conquest and imperialism from Spain
>implying anything ISIS or Israel kills and destroys isn't in the name of God
>implying Christianity doesn't actively deny scientific claims
>>
>>720124714

>Take away freedom of religion.
>Take away freedom of speech.
>Perform mass executions to extinguish an ideology.

Progressivism at it's finest. You're a shining example of everything that's wrong with the political left OP.
>>
File: 1484001334639.png (199KB, 446x548px) Image search: [Google]
1484001334639.png
199KB, 446x548px
why can't atheists define Communism?
>>
>>720124714
>progressing
progressing towards what?
>>
>>720126006
You need to read your bible m8

Rape is perfectly legal in the bible, although you are possibly forced to marry the girl if you take her virginity.

Murder, although explicitly forbidden by the 10 commandments, can be forgiven in the right circusmtances. Pope Urban II promised that anyone who spileld the bood of saracens for example, shall be rewarded by the eternal repayer of man. He might have been lying of course for political purposes but as god's representative on earth, who am I to judge?

Regarding sinning, Jesus himself tells us that no matter what you have done in your previous life, as long as you believe him to be the Ressurection, we will be blessed with Everlasting life.

In islam, you go to heaven if you follow the 4 pillars. There is no repentance on your deathbed. Islam is more about the daily things such as praying and charity and so on.

I am sure christians have some sort of balance thing and if you point it out where it's written so in the bible then that would be great.
>>
>>720127053
Well isn't that now?
>>
>>720124714
OP are you in a battle zone? Do you hear shelling in the distance?
>>
>>720126868
All of which had a good intermixing of political and economic causes within them. To just take the first two, because those two are what I'm most familiar with, the Crusades had a lot to do with the lords of Europe lacking new lands to partition for their noble sons. Sure enough, devout and godly men went to the Holy Land for exclusively religious reasons, but many others went to build new empires and dynasties and to seek new wealth and power.

Likewise, the 30 Years War was as much about the conflicts between Protestants and Catholics as it was about the various little Germanies chafing under the Emperor's rule and seeking autonomy. It is no coincidence that the end of this war is seen in the history books as the official birthdate for the modern nation-state.

Religion plays its role, its a toxic thing on pretty much every perceivable level analysis, but it is so intertwined with the other aspects of human life that it is hard to isolate it as a sole cause big events like wars.

If you want to argue about how vile religion is on its own I'd suggest beginning with looking at how, mechanically, all faiths are cults. They all, without exception, prey on the weaknesses of human reason to manipulate people into believing insane things through hypnotism and social conditioning. As institutions they are at their very core edifices of unfreedom.
>>
>>720126006
No it doesn't, idiot.
>>
>>720127276
TL;DR: religion is just a good excuse to do bad things
>>
>>720126141
>implying it would be a bad thing
>>
File: tumblr_lmv5irSHEt1qkcsvio1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lmv5irSHEt1qkcsvio1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x350px
>>720126943
Hey your image ended up as my thumbnail over here >>720126942
>>
>>720124714
I think religion is a scapegoat in your simplified world view. Grow up
>>
>>720127413
Sort of. Its a good way to control large groups of people and convince them that doing bad things and wasting resources and manpower on doing those bad things is somehow good and justified and even necessary.

It is important to always always always keep in the back of our minds that the core purpose of religion and faith is social control. Religion was created at the same time mankind first began to build advanced agrarian societies because it was an excellent way to keep order. Indeed it still is, its just now we have secular religions as well, like nationalism and various forms of ethno-supremacism. All of these things rely on exploiting deficiencies in the human brain, our tribalistic impulses, for the sake of control.
>>
File: 1481822577862.jpg (23KB, 472x713px) Image search: [Google]
1481822577862.jpg
23KB, 472x713px
>>
>>720126868
30 years war was only 30 years because of Habsburg vs anti-habsburg powers fighting against each other. Why do you think did the catholic french fund the protestant swedes? Not to mention that the initial conflict was about the attempt of the emperor expend his power against the imperial estates. Pointing religion out as the sole factor of the war just shows your lack of education
>>
File: 1316587529.jpg (165KB, 716x900px) Image search: [Google]
1316587529.jpg
165KB, 716x900px
Religion is awesome
>>
>>720124780
Well i ques isis has some morals.
>>
>>720128239
More?
>>
>>720128117
> I bet you can't even name two wars based on religion.
Provide more than that in actual wars, with religious source or use of religion as a justification for the war, and yet you try to spin it
>>
File: 1413488314102s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1413488314102s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>720126397

Bait, but some people actually believe this

>1. Christianity laid the foundation for science.

Have you never heard of the enlightenment? The secularization of the intellectuals?

Also, christian authorities did their best to silence scientific research that didn't allign with their beliefs. (Copernicus didn't publish his research on the motion of planets until his death as he'd get in trouble with the church, Galileo's heliocentric study was made illegal and he was silenced,...)
>2. Science and religion are not two opposites, as a matter of fact science and religion go together quit well.

Scientific knowlegde is defined as something that can be reproduced in form of experiments. Religion is quite the opposite.
>3. Most conflicts in the world were never about religion in the first place. I bet you can't even name two wars based on religion.

Nearly every war in the middle ages, and the classical era, were based around religion. I'm not even talking about the crusades. During the time of the plague, it was seen as a "punishment by God" and therefore tons of jews were prosecuted and murdered.

>4. Marxism for example is based on atheism but has caused hundreds of millions of deaths.
Marxism was based on pseudoscience, not atheism.
>>
>>720124780
1/10 for making me reply.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.