[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you cheap fucks tip?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 23

File: IMG_0148.png (155KB, 576x835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.png
155KB, 576x835px
Why don't you cheap fucks tip?
>>
File: mdohc1211.jpg (40KB, 608x457px) Image search: [Google]
mdohc1211.jpg
40KB, 608x457px
>Accepting a job that pays $2 - $3 an hour
>Basing your income on how nice you can pretend to be
>>
>>718257788
To be fair, sometimes you just have to go with whatever job you can get. Beggars can't always be choosers.
>>
>>718257788
Kek.
>>
>>718258135
>>718257788
Bitch this aint chipotle
>>
>>718257366
I do tip. 15-20%, usually. Rarely I'll tip up to 100% if I've got the extra cash lying around.

That said, I hate the notion of tipping. If you're too cheap a fuck to pay your staff an actual decent wage, fuck off out of the restaurant business.
>>
>>718257366
"restaurants are permitted to bypass the federal minimum wage requirements"

Why the fuck does that need to be my problem? That's just some fucked up level shit, fix your country, damn.

I don't tip unless the service has gone above and beyond my expectations. Doing the bare minimum required for the job of--basically--ferrying food from one place to another, isn't worthy of paying extra for.
>>
>>718257366
Because I live in a country that's normal and doesn't allow the restaurant industry to get away with bullshit like bypassing wage laws.

Seriously amerifats what's up with that? You get more outraged that someone won't participate in your tarded compulsory charity than you do about companies being allowed to fuck the law.
>>
>>718259668
You sir make me happy that I spit and sometimes piss in the food of known non tippers. You must be a nigger. Niggers as a rule tip very little.
>>
>>718257366
I dont feel sorry for teens who live in a suburb
>>
>>718260200
Honestly, what can we even do to fix the problem, anyway?

Boycott restaurants until they pay fairly? Petition our governors and senators to pass legislation to raise tipped minimum wage?

It's not like restaurants give a fuck what their clientele thinks, otherwise shit like Kitchen Nightmares wouldn't be a thing. Or Black-eyed Pea for that matter.

And it's definitely not like the republican half of the country gives a fuck about the "poor folk". Isn't their philosophy "your job doesn't make enough money? Why don't you just get a better job and stop being poor?" or whatever?
>>
I tip because I go to restaurants regularly and I don't want boogers and cum in my food
>>
Watch the first 10 minutes of reservoir dogs
>>
>>718260412
I hope you get fired from your job.
>>
Learn to cook at home.

Better food.

Better service.

No poor people who have to rely on charity fucking with your food.
>>
>>718257366
Because I don't live in a country full of scumbags. Work should be paid by the employer.
>>
i tip 20% each time unless the service is really fucking bad.
>>
>>718260755
You're asking a foreigner how to fix your fucked country. Perhaps the resturant workers could unionize and lobby the gov to change the laws so that resturants are beholden to wage laws?
>>
>>718257366
I never buy.
>>
itt: broke ass bitches that dont know how to cook for themselves
>>
>>718258135
>employment
>Beggars can't always be choosers.
get a job with minimum wage then,
tips are originally a bribe for service above that of other customers. (to get faster refills, etc.)
Tips should never be considered part of your wage.

>>718260755
just get all the cucks to quit at once, server-strike
the business end would have no choice as they would have demand for service without supply.
(until they change their wages reasonably. then they can also add "no tipping" signs)
>>
>>718257788
were does that still happen?
the law passed you get minimum wage now
>>
File: 1483912075024.gif (936KB, 241x180px) Image search: [Google]
1483912075024.gif
936KB, 241x180px
>>718257366
I tip generously, depending on the service quality. I've been that server at a dead end job where you're barely making enough to get by while dealing with a shit head boss and asshole customers on a daily basis. If someone has to go through that and can still provide friendly and genuinely good service, I'm willing to cough up a few extra bucks.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>718261203
Technically, restaurants ARE legally required to make sure waitstaff are paid fair wage. But there's so little momentum on enforcing it. It's once in a blue moon that a restaurant gets audited or w/e for employee wage fairness. Employees don't report it themselves because they can't afford to risk losing their jobs. Employees can't sue because they're too poor for court.

Basically, they're getting away with illegal practices and there's seemingly little anybody can do about it.
>>
File: 1483626567682.jpg (88KB, 409x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483626567682.jpg
88KB, 409x600px
>>718257366
>When in usa;

>Never tip... that'll teach those american simpletons to take jobs that require begging, instead of working for an employer that gives a real wage.

>Go in rest room... piss on floor instead of in the bowl since by forcing them to hire cleaners, you're actually supporting their failing economy.

>Always write "Bedbugs!" in the hotel comments register in very large letters.

>Go there infrequently... the 3rd world usa is not somewhere to hang around now Prez ClownCar is gonna be in charge.

>Muh plan be workin'.
>The usa be turning into Nigeria.
>>
>>718257366

I don't tip because I live in a sane country in which people are paid a fair wage for doing a given job.

>inb4 tips are for better service

The standard of customer service here makes that of the US looks like that of a grey-market VCR outlet in rural China.
>>
>>718257366
>servers in the US are paid $2 to $3 per hour because restaurants are permitted to bypass the federal minimum wage requirements

This isn't entirely accurate. If you had done any shred of research you would know servers still have to get paid min wage if their tips don't amount up to it. Most of the time servers make wayyyyyy more than min. wage. I'm American and I never got tipping, I still do it so I don't look like an asshole but in Europe they don't have a social norm of tipping.
>>
>>718260412
Yeah do that shit and you can get locked up. Unless you offer to suck my dick you aren't getting extra money for doing your job.
>>
>>718262300
I think it's given that a server is going to be friendly to their guests because most of their companies want their customers coming back. Tipping should only be if someone goes above and beyond their normal job. If I didn't get judged for not tipping I would almost never tip.
>>
>>718261476
Fucking everywhere

source:
>be me
>be a bartender
>>
>>718263363
I'm pretty sure in every state it is required for you to get paid min. wage if your tips don't amount up.
>>
>>718263601
Nope, not here anyway, I cant speak for other states. But in reality with tips its never ever going to be less than min wage. If I take my wage+my tips and divide by how many hours I actually worked, I'm making about $100/hour
>>
>>718260412

>tip very little

Be glad that you get a tip at all, you ungrateful fuck. And the most petty fucks that I've seen not leave a tip tend to be white people. They get mad over stupid shit and use that to justify not leaving a tip. There was a picture up yesterday of a white couple leaving a message on the gratuity line that read "My wife is not a guy." The waiter just say "have a nice day guys" and sensitive ass white people took it literally.
>>
>>718264089
People do this kind of shit, not just white people. There is an even divide from all races, being cunts like that. The stereotype is black people dont tip, it depends on the venue. If I am tending in a club in the shitty part of a city, yea there are nothing but niggers there and its the shit part of town so no tips. If I am working in the decent part of town, there are still black people and they tip fine.
>>
>>718257366
I tip, when the server goes beyond the expected of keeping my glass from being completely empty and bringing my my food. That's all part of their job, that's covered by their base salary. You want a tip, then do something worthy of it, otherwise you won't get one.
>>
>>718264027
Bullshit. What state do you live in? I bet I can find the legislation. $100 an hour is why some people don't give a fuck when they don't tip. Serving should be a near min wage job yet it is a high paying job if you are really good at it.

>muh "serving is the only job that a woman can have to support a family!!"
>>
>>718261766
Servers make out fine, no server in the history of servers reports or claims their cash tips, the few who do claim very little. Servers are not poor, they make great money, they just spend it all drinking every night.
>>
>>718260412
You are the reason why I don't tip.

Vent the frustration of your shitty paid job in a different way, you sub human scum.

Do you think that any other worker with minimum wage are happy to reply to the retarded questions of the customers? bring them, Idk, things to try that they will never buy and you've to clean the mess that they leave all around?

Or do you think that I need to give you extra money just because you feel oppressed that you bring me the dish from the kitchen and try to be nice?
>>
I come from a culture where you can live on minimum wage if you live frugally, and tipping is not as culturally demanded here (though it's starting to became more common).

But if you are in the states, yeah, you pretty much have to tip. It's kind of how their weird ass backwards service economy works.
>>
>>718263601
Yes, but you have to bring it up with your employer. And going to your employer and saying "Pay me more, I was not good enough to get enough tips this week" is basically asking to be let go. A lot of servers at in 'at will' employment so they can be fired at any time.
>>
>>718265401
The minimum wage is a federal thing, but just like legal weed and shit in CO, it's up to the state to enforce/not enforce it.

But bartending is hella lucrative. I flirt with people's wives in front of them, mix up stupid little rum+any juice bitch drinks, pour the husbands a draft and for that they give me $20
>>
Also, I'm quite pissed off by waiters too sticky, I go to fucking eat, not to receive fake mawkishness by strangers.

You that you bring me the dish in a polite manner should be a normal routine as well as I that
I say "thank you", that's all that I need.
>>
>>718260200
In reality most people tip very well. A few cunts dont. You are a cunt that doesnt tip, who cares? You are not the majority of people that come in and do tip. No one is starving because you are a cheap fuck. The server is gonna say "what a dick" and move onto the other tables that will most probably tip and life will go on as usual. What WILL happen is next time you come in. Everyone is gonna know you dont tip and no one is gonna give a fuck about your service. You will get your food, it wont be fucked with, but you will get your food when the server has a min, if ANYTHING comes up it will take higher priority over your service. That in reality is what will happen.
>>
>>718266350
No dumbfuck. If you make absolutely no tip money in a 1 hour shift then the business has to pay you min wage rather than 2 or 3 an hour
>>
>>718267685
Thats not even correct. If the state does enforce the balance of tips/wage. It's not on the hourly its on the pay week. So if you had a real shit day and made no money, they wont bump your pay unless that happens like every day. Which if it ever does, then any sane person would just get a job at a 7-11 or something. Servers stay because they do make good money, and that scenario pretty much never happens...like ever.
>>
>>718257788
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9PSg0sQyfs
>>
>>718268697
Kek
>>
Because the waiters get paid by their bosses, So why should i pay aswell?
>>
i almost always tip 15-25%, because I live in a country where service is appreciated. Have a friend who lives in Australia and has traveled much of the globe, tells me that waitstaff will get you things whenever THEY feel like it because they don't have to worry about not being tipped. Would rather tip and be able to get good service than not tip and have dog shit service be the norm.
>>
>>718267685
Jesus you're dumb.

It's about the paycheck, not the individual day.
If you make less from your paycheck+tips than you would if you had just gotten min wage, your employer is responsible to pay you the difference.
>>
>>718268071
What fucking state are you in? I guarantee that your state has in its books that those mofos gotta pay ur ass
>>718270136
I know fucktard I was just making it simple for you simple-minded cretins.
>>
File: 1483756671374.jpg (119KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
1483756671374.jpg
119KB, 500x749px
i left a 10% tip on a $100 bill the other day. the food was meh, and the service was legitimately horribly bad. it took us 30 minutes to get a cheese plate and 12 raw oysters... those cunts are so egalitarian in their work, that they just don't seem to do it.

"oh i'm the hostess, i don't take orders."

our waitress wasn't even the one to deliver the food? some random fuck brought it to the table for some reason.

just terrible. they're all heroin addicted pieces of shit that should have died on the street if it hadn't been for their trust funds.
>>
>>718270477
>I know fucktard I was just making it simple for you simple-minded cretins.

You were making it incorrect, not simple.
"I didn't make any tips this hour, better go tell my boss I need to be paid more this hour"
>>
>>718270477
See what I already mentioned
>>718266639
>>
>>718270616
Sounds about right. Meanwhile I ate out at a restaurant by myself to unwind and on a $18 bill they put a fucking 25% tip on the reciept.

I gave them 2 pennies.
>>
File: tipped wages.jpg (150KB, 1004x769px) Image search: [Google]
tipped wages.jpg
150KB, 1004x769px
>>718257366
>>
>>718257366
>restaurants
>low food prices
hahahaha wew what is this, mcdonalds?
>>
>>718271895
>$30 a month
>A MONTH
>one dollar a fucking day means you only made 2.13 an hour plus 30 dollars in a month
>say you get a full 40 hours a week before taxes that means you only made $370.80 in an ENTIRE MONTH
>>
>>718257366
i once bought a meal at the restaurant i worked at and the dumb bitch took my 20$ for a 6$ dollar meal and thought i was giving her a 14$ AT THE FUCKING RESTAURANT I FUCKING WORK AT, FUCK TIPPING
>>
>>718265401
"if you are good at it"

More like if youre a cute girl
>>
>>718257366
Am i obligated to give you any extra money for bringing out the food that someone else cooked?

No?

Oh ok cool so no tip then.

You cant get angry at people for not wanting to throw money away for no reason
>>
False premise...if you fail to make minimum wage with tips, your employer is required to make up the difference. In addition, since tips are typically in cash, you never report them on taxes and end up with a lower tax bill/higher tax refund. Don't act like waiting is a difficult job deserving of anything more than minimum wage. What do you really add to society of worth?
>>
I don't fucking tip because I'm not going to fritter away my hard earned money to some jerk off teen who willingly lets their employer fuck them over and expect the customer to compensate for it. Honestly, all of you kill yourselves.
>>
>>718257366
If you dont like your pay, quit or take it up with your employer.
>>
>>718260880
You shouldn't have to do that.
>>
>>718273490
>willingly
This system was in place before they were born, anon.
>>
Because I'm not a fat american and live in a place where food servers have actual decently regulated wages and don't rely on the customer to make up for it
>>
>>718257366
Why should I have to tell them before the meal? If they want the tip, they should tell me the 15% gratuity is included in every bill. Some restaurants do this. Why on Earth is the onus on the customer. If you make it a voluntary system, there will be cheaters. If you want to make the voluntary system a moral system, you'll need to do better than name-calling as your reason for it's righteousness.
>>
>>718273640
>signing up for a job in which you KNOW you will be horrendously underpaid
>still accepting that fact
>thinking customers are supposed to fill the rest of the their wage gap

Yeah, fuck right off.
>>
>>718267654
I respect that.
>>
Thats a fucking shit usa wants to spread all over the world. If you have a bussiness and don't have money, then do it yourself or don't run the fucking business. Bastard
>>
>>718274545
You're not thinking from the teen's perspective.

>try to get first job.
>since it's the first job, resume may as well be blank.
>apply dozens of places
>whoever calls back is whoever calls back.
>>
>>718274965
I was that teen. I applied all over, but I sure as shit avoided restaraunts because I knew they were such high demand in the job market and because I knew I didn't want to get underpaid and have to rely on others to cover my wages for me. I got a job at a place that paid at least minimum wage and never expected a dime more.
>>
>>718275203
Then you're lucky you were able to get that job. For others, there isn't a choice, it's a restaurant or nothing.
>>
>>718272140
This is why /b/ is shit

$30 in tips means you are a regularly tipped employee instead of the janitor.

This is so people who do not regularly get paid by tips have to be put down as a straight minimum wage+ employee.

Everyone is required to make at least $7.25/hour altogether no matter what.

When I was a server, on a really slow week, I made almost no tips but my check was high enough to compensate for it.

If you are a server and your employer does not do this, they are breaking the law.
>>
File: money bags.jpg (28KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
money bags.jpg
28KB, 300x351px
I think you should have to tell the server your a none tiping jew so he can show you to the cattle cars. tip you fuckers
>>
>>718257366
Because I shouldnt have to pay for the standard of service I get literally everywhere else for free.
>>
do you tip at the strip club or is this one of those edgelord memes
>>
>>718257366
itt tons of poor niggers
>>
>>718275883
>7.25
>min wage

What country do you live in? Cuz it isn't america.
>>
>>718278032
Can be higher than that depending on your state.

National is 7.25 though.
>>
>>718257366

I do tip, but only for exceptional service. A gratuity is a reward for going beyond that which you are paid a wage for.
>>
>>718257366
fuck you, im a line cook and servers get to take home 2, sometiems 3 times what i make. They dont even make the fucking food they just look pretty and carry what i make. even then im happy with what i make, but these entitled, vapid cunts have no right to bitch about how little they make
>>
Britbong here. I only tip the barber and waiters, and only a couple of quid.
>>
>>718270616
Hostess doesn't have access to the terminal to place the order, and also has to get back to the stand to seat the next group of ungrateful assholes so can't be worrying about doing extra shit for you. If your server was busy when the food was ready, either somebody from the kitchen or another server would run it out to you. Or would you rather it get cold waiting for your server to finish with all the stuff they're doing for other tables?
>>
>>718257366
I don't mind tipping, but with a ceiling. Self-entitled cunts who expect 20% on everything can go fuck themselves. If I have a nice dinner with wine and spend 100 bucks I'm not tipping $20, basically paying them more than minimum wage just by myself.
>>
>>718272535
Why did you just let her take it? You would have been in the right to correct her for a mistake. Granted it was a stupid mistake, but still.
>>
>>718275538
Anon never had to experience that, luckily for them. So anon cannot relate to the shitshow of choosing to swallow a load or take it up the ass. The illusion of choice when it comes to taking a job is just that for many people, teens and adults alike. You're going to be unpleasantly fucked either way...

Nice to see that some /b/ get it however. I always tip, even if the service is bad. Shit happens, people have bad days... Most often if I go back and happen to get the same waiter, they'll remember me for it and we both have a more pleasant experience.
>>
I'll sum all of you fuckers arguing in one.

Tips should be worked for and are earned for going beyond the minimum required service for the table you are tending to. If you're very polite, check on the table how they're doing with everything, and you simply make sure that the customers are satisfied, then you have earned yourself a tip

If going out to eat, be prepared to tip because some people may be struggling and working extra hard to earn some money to assist feeding their families and if this person does an outstanding job and you don't tip, fuck you

TL;DR: Tips are earned by good servers, you do not have a right to be tipped. If you never tip good service just because you don't want to, you're a dick and should just eat at home. However, not tipping shitty service is completely acceptable
>>
>>718257366
Servers make awesome money just on tips. Especially if they have tits to flaunt.
>>
>>718270024
That's just not being a good worker. So much opportunity to get more money but cunts do the bare minimum. Shit doesn't make sense
>>
>>718257366
I can barely afford my own fucking meal, let alone some other asshole's
>>
>>718271821
>This
I hate when people fucking include the tip for you like they're expecting you to give them one. You're not entitled to a tip and I hate when people get frustrated when I don't tip them after they tried to steal extra money from me
>>
>>718257366
Tipping simply subsidizes low wages. As long as people like to make themselves feel good by tipping the help, the help are going to be exploited.
Tipping demeans working people and inflates profits.
Where I live tips are only given when they are deserved. Which is hardly ever.
>>
>>718272535
Holy shit I've had this happen to me. Just what happens when they're raised being entitled to handouts
>>
>>718283743
Don't eat out if you can't afford it.
>>
>>718257366
Because I live in a civilized country where waiters and other CS-workers are paid a good salary and dont have to rely on charity to live.

What is your excuse for living in a 3rd world country?
>>
so you never been to a strip club ok bye
>>
>>718279769
This is a reason why I like pooling tips but I also don't like it.
Pooling tips is good because now the kitchen staff are getting tipped on yenno actually doing all of the fucking work
The really bad part is that you'll have a shitty entitled bitch waitress who never goes above and beyond to earn tips herself, and just leeches from other people's tips
>>
I don't tip people that complain or change moods the moment i show no tip. Period.
>>
>>718257366

I tip because the service in the places I eat at is actually good and the servers are quite attentive. I tend to tip pretty generously as well.
>>
Cause im not living in the capitalist shithole usa and waiters around here earn enough to make a living
>>
>>718281042
This is some true shit. I only go off of percentages when it's a smaller bill but for a bill like $100? No fucking way are you going to be getting even a 15% tip cause I'm not going to pay YOU SPECIFICALLY more cash for this one meal than your employer has given you for this hour of work. If I'm making $20 an hour at my job (hypothetically), I go out to eat, get a bill for $100 and I gave you a 20% tip I'm literally throwing away what I spent an hour of my life to earn. No thanks
>>
Unrelated nut i think the usa should be nuked at least twice
>>
>>718285598
The USA should just change the thought process of the entitled teenager who grew up getting participation ribbons
>>
>>718260412
>you have to bribe me to not spit in your food
This is why waiting on tables is the only job you can get.
>>
File: 284370.png (78KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
284370.png
78KB, 500x318px
>>718257366
In California, everyone gets paid 10.50/hr regardless of what job you have. This includes restaurant staff, so they can't use the excuse that they deserve a tip because of their wage.

Now someone try to give me another shitty excuse for tipping
>>
File: dukenukem-1.jpg (97KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dukenukem-1.jpg
97KB, 1024x768px
liar
>>
I don't tip because I choose to not go to restaurants with wait staff. Enjoy being replaced by machines, you greedy, no-skill fucks.
>>
in Canada, servers make minimum wage. why should i tip? Plus servers do fuck all but bring the damn food out. If anyone should get a tip its the cooks
>>
>>718261203
unions are practically illegal here in the land of the free eurocuck...
>>
>>718286221
Literally this is what it feels like when I go out to eat. I shouldn't be frightened into tipping because of fear of what I will get in my food when I return
>>
Because I live in Australia where minimum wage isn't so low that those working in the hospitality industry rely on tips for a significant portion of their income. I do dump my small change in the tip jar sometimes at cafes and whatnot because fuck carrying that shit.
>>
it's so ez and pays so much so....why don't you do it for a living
>>
because i shouldn't have to pay extra because someone was too lazy to get a real job
>>
>>718285032
>>718287169
Back to my point on pooled tips. What province you from fellow leaf?
>>
I live in a country where waitstaff earn a reasonable wage.
>>
>>718287169
/this
as a kid i worked kitchens; shit job, you smell like shit, etc
f'ing waiters walking out w 3x my wage in tips every night for almost nothing
id tip cooks/dishwashers, but not servers
>>
>>718287411
Manitoba
>>
>>718287285
Lmao literally the only time I tip is just dumping a fist of nickels and dimes in a tip jar to get rid of my change
>still a tip tho
>>
>>718257366
I like how you can just accuse people of something innocuous and 100+ reply shitstorm unleashes.
>>
File: A_9d81ea_6140324.jpg (87KB, 900x903px) Image search: [Google]
A_9d81ea_6140324.jpg
87KB, 900x903px
I'm guessing here is the place to ask about this.
Recently I've been getting food delivered to my house, and the website lets you set the tip when ordering.
I used to tip 40-60%, just threw $5 bucks to a ~$10 order, etc.
However lately money was a bit tighter, so I would only tip 15%, which wasn't much but I had understood that was the normal amount. First time I did that the delivery person gave me a go fuck yourself look and basically threw the food at me and left.

Am I at fault here for only tipping 15%?
I come from a county where tipping isn't even a thing so I don't know well how this shit works.
>>
>>718287491
Manitoba was originally created as a place that was going to be a small area for that one first nations tribe that followed the Buffalo literally wherever the fuck they went. The redskins never got their little area and the border of Manitoba started to grow in what it is today. Selkirk was originally being settled by the poor Irish people who were thrown out of their homes. They'd leave in hopes of surviving on theor coffin ships and go all the way across the Atlantic to eventually get to Selkirk and just be handed free land. Knowing stuff about your country is fun. This is all I remember from history in high school
>British Columbia master race here
>>
>>718287629
This is how /b/ works. Collectively insult everyone with a statement based around a controversial topic and the posts flood
>>
>>718287192

And that's because you 3rd world Ameripoors actually beg for the chance to be paid less, have less rights, and would queue up in the snow for the chance to tongue the shit off your corporate masters assholes.
>>
>>718287829
Anon is a cunt for not tipping the pizza guy
>>
>>718287853
Sask and Manitoba should just hookup into one giant shitty province.
>>
>It's the customers fault that I work at a shit job
>It's the customers fault that I don't get paid enough
>It's the customers duty to pay me extra for my job of taking orders and bringing them plates of food
>If you don't pay me extra money for my job, I'll spit in your food, you cheap fuck
>>
>>718288263
The pizza place I order from doesn't let me give tips when I order, they're always nice to me and thank me no matter what I tip. Those guys are chill.
It's the sandwich place I have an issue with.
I tip them 15% and they act like I called their mothers a hamster.
>>
>>718287519
Pretty much. In Aus though our $1 and $2 are coins and not notes. Fucking annoying.
>>
>>718288354

You agreed to participate in the culture of tipping when you chose to enter a dining establishment. Instead of crying like a bitch on her rags about it and blaming the people who have nothing to do with installing this policy you don't like, why aren't you lobbying the government to change the laws that allow restaurant owners to exploit you and their employees?

What's your fucking excuse?
>>
>>718288354
or you can go to a fast food restaurant where they'll jizz in your food for fun
>>
Tip = reward for outstanding service

If all you did was do your job then you don't get shit.
>>
>>718257366
I always tip according to the service received.
Shitty service = 0
OK - Normal = $5 or 15% which ever is greater.

Outstanding service = 20% - more than the bill depending on how outstanding the service is.
You want my money you need to earn it.
>>
>>718288561
>blaming the people who have nothing to do with installing this policy you don't like
They're the ones spitting in my food.
>>718288561
>why aren't you lobbying the government to change the laws that allow restaurant owners to exploit you and their employees?
Maybe because it's not my fucking problem. Why aren't they doing that?
>What's your fucking excuse?
I'm not a fucking retarded cuck, not my fault if they are.
>>
File: 1479191087457.jpg (41KB, 460x574px) Image search: [Google]
1479191087457.jpg
41KB, 460x574px
>>718257366
>Hey, just gonna tell you now, that im not going to tip, sorry guy."

>Waiter tells chef to spit in it.

Gee, wonder why no one would tell them beforehand you dumbfuck
>>
>>718257366

>If you don't give money you're a cheap piece of shit

Good goy
>>
don't get caught spitting, pissing, cumming in the food you low rent cunt rags. almost all states that is class four felony food tampering and battery.

enjoy five years in prison cause your coworkers won't cover your dumb ass.
>>
>>718288456
Sandwich places deliver?
>>
>>718289083
The one I order from does.
>>
>>718288484
Toonies and Loonies in Canada too man
>>
>>718288788

You are objectively a cuck though. You willingly bend over and allow your anus to be befouled because you're too much of a pathetic, ineffectual bitch to stand up for yourself or other members of society.

Can I just say, with all sincerity, that you are a worthless piece of shit. Fuck you, cuck.
>>
>>718257366
In my country we pay a 13% service tax, which is like an obligated tip mate.
>>
>>718289245
>You willingly bend over and allow your anus to be befouled because you're too much of a pathetic, ineffectual bitch to stand up for yourself or other members of society.
Except that's the opposite of what I do.
>Can I just say, with all sincerity, that you are a worthless piece of shit. Fuck you, cuck.
Not my fucking problem the only job you can get is bringing me food.
Protip: I don't even notice your pussy ass spit in my food.
And hurry up with my refills, bitch.
>>
>>718288656
Your job: bring tray of food to people

Seriously everything after that is just you being a decent worker in customer service. You don't even have to give the fucking food to the right people, as long as it's at the correct table they'll do that shit for you. The job is brainless and if you can't put in that extra effort on checking how the customers enjoy the meal, checking on drinks and just fucking smiling and being polite then holy shit you'd be extra garbage working anywhere else
>>
>>718288805
Literally this
>checked
>>
>>718257366
Fucking amerifats
There are only 2 reasons why i tip
1. I dont want the waiter to spit in my food next time im around
2. Social pressure

It makes absolutly no sense at all. Its not my responsibility to pay the waiter, thats the responsibility of his boss.
>>
>>718289172
What god tier fantasy island shit is this
>>
>>718289629
Silver Mine Subs.
>>
>>718260947
Edgy, but true nonetheless
>>
File: 1476635437001.png (32KB, 688x578px) Image search: [Google]
1476635437001.png
32KB, 688x578px
how much do you tip your barber
>>
>>718289751
Is it like Jimmy Johns? Went there for the first time when I was in PAX West last year and holy shit JJ murders every single Subway that I've ever been to
>>
>>718257366
I do, 15-25% depending on various factors.
>>
>>718290101
Never been to a JJ, so I wouldn't know. They're pretty good, but the only thing I have to compare them to is subway so it might not be much.
>>
>>718257366
because I do not live in ? The US of cheapsk8 A?
>>
File: avatar_c5b86f502aca_128.png (44KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
44KB, 128x128px
>american hour
>everyone claims to be from another country
how convenient
>>
>>718257366
>Servers accept this with the understanding that they'll be tipped
>Working a job that barely sustains your life by throwing your life away at the hands of others
I don't tip fully expecting those assholes to finally get a clue and quit their shitty jobs for higher education for a job that pays more.

>If you can't afford to tip... you can't afford to go out and eat.
If you can't live without tips... you should go back to Mommy and Daddy's and die there, kid.
>>
>>718290249
Honestly most of the satisfaction of my sandwich was because there was literally a 10/10 lightskin chick who was eyefucking the shit out of me and flirting like crazy while making my sandwich. Honestly considered just hangin around for when she got off shift but figured that'd be too creepy so she is now just a memory but holy fuck this girl was amazing
>>
>>718261794

hehe, that is not even a bad idea
>>
>>718290683
On the west coast right now and it's midnight... not sure how it's American hour when everyone is fucking sleeping
>>
>>718257366
Why don't you cucks demand a livable wage?
>>
>>718290903
you know this is an american board for ages 18+ right
>>
File: 1473934829551.jpg (28KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1473934829551.jpg
28KB, 292x257px
>>718263601

> minimum wage law

> only get it if your tips don't add up

hahahahaha
>>
>>718264089
It 's mostly white people you see because you live in a white majority country dingus.
>>
>>718257366
Because I ain't obliged to give more then the check is.
Unless the service has been examplary.
Even then I won't leave much.

Its not my job to pay you your salary.
>>
>>718261794
US is by definition a first world country. You must be retarded.
>>
>>718257366
I live in a country that doesn't have this retarded system. That being said, this shit needs to be abolished - hospo staff need a living wage no matter what, not just when they're ready to suck your proverbial cock. If they perform badly then the company can discipline them. It's that simple.
>>
>>718291041
It's not "for Americans only" and I never said I was underaged lmao nice try though
>>
>>718267654
Used to be a server. This is definitely true.

/Thread
>>
>>718257366
I don't tip because I don't eat out a lot. When I tip at a bar I tip 1$ per beer which is standard and always will be. Makes me chuckle when some idiot bar tender thinks they should make more than 1$ per beer, that is a real hoot
>>
>>718291585
>can't take a hint
fuck off back to your own country's respective chan, retard
>>
>>718291998
Is this hint that you're better than me cause
>muh freedoms
Holy fuck you inbreds are all the same
>>
File: ross.jpg (49KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
ross.jpg
49KB, 500x666px
So I've gone through this thread and realize some of you are trolls, though I'm sure some of you aren't and simply don't tip because you're either Europeans in America and tipping is fucking weird to you or you just think that the standards for tipping should be higher along with the wages.

So, to those who aren't trolling, I'm a young 22 year-old man living paycheck-to-paycheck with sizeable monthly bills, medical bills, along with all the other stresses that I have including those of my girlfriend's, who hasn't really gotten a very lucky hand in life (Abusive father, raped, severe emotional problems, shitty parents that steal from her and hurt her dogs, etc.) Laying that out on the table, as much as I'd love to go to school right now, I truly need to work my fucking heart out in my job. The only jobs in a reasonable distance that pay well for my current credentials are essentially desk jobs and food-service jobs.

It's either fast-casual restaurants paying minimum wage, in which I'm making like sandwiches and helping guests and consolidating food. You know, the Paneras, Subways, Noodles & Company. Shit like that. OR I work as a waiter / server (however you'd like to call it), and pray that when I go to my absolute limits to help the guests that they give me a reasonable tip, knowing that in the United States it's sort of a necessity.

Now, do I agree with the fact that my check says $0.00? Fuck no. Do I think wages should be increased so that I can live reasonably without worrying about tips, but realizing the tips that I do get serve as an incentive to work harder and better? Fuck yes. However, that's not really the country that we live in. It's very much so that people will take the jobs because the cost of living in many parts of the country is fucking insane.

So, to the trolls who say they don't tip but do, Thanks. To those of you that say you don't tip and truly don't, I hope this gives you some representation of the people working in the food industry.
>>
>>718292097
funny how it's your shithole country that has to tell us about your unsolicited opinion all the time

hint again: we don't give a shit about your country's culture or we'd be on your chan instead of ours, faggot

but here you are
>>
>>718257366
Because I don't have to. Why? I don't live in the United fucked up Systems of America.
>>
Worst people to serve are fucking dot head indians. Smelly, needy, and dont tip i had a rable of indians rack up a bill of 248$ usually ill make 48$ if i get a 20% tip and i get taxed on that tip and i have to tip out the bartender, busser, and hosteses. These fuckers left me 3$ fuck indians the dirtiest most worthless people. And they all work for american express and come in under a reservation for their company and tip shit. Fuck amex too
>>
>>718292253
I'll take the obvious bait

The views on tipping are the same thing here as they are in the states. I'm not sure why all of you Amerifats think you're that much better than someone who lives an hour away from you but that fence makes your place just that much better right? The culture is literally the same fucking thing you inbred tard
>>
>>718261327
>just get all the cucks to quit at once
good luck getting thousands of people to quit their jobs at once and possibly lose their homes and well everything.
>>
>>718266639
>The minimum wage is a federal thing, but just like legal weed and shit in CO, it's up to the state to enforce/not enforce it.
you can easily sue the living fuck out of them and win. just sayin
>>
>>718292253
And here we see another American specimen, flexing their freedoms upon anyone who crosses their path. The American creature is very interesting. It has the potential to build opinions and spew out bullshit on whatever subject it pleases with never having true facts. The American is a very fascinating specimen indeed
>>
>>718292623
>The views on tipping are the same thing here as they are in the states
No, they're not.

>The culture is literally the same fucking thing
No, it isn't.
>>
>>718292948
Alright friend. What is it that you know about Canadian culture?
>Inb4 maple syrup and hockey
>>
>>718292863
not as a waiter. There is a clause in the minimum wage law that allows for wait staff to be paid less. There is a minimum for wait staff but it like 2 or 3 bucks.
>>
>>718292903
oh look another retarded foreigner who must announce that they're a foreigner in order for anyone to listen to them.

foreigners are like another version of girl
>>
>>718293086
3.63 for servers.
>>
>>718293139
I knew it was something way down there.
>>
>>718293208

Indeed. Shows up as 0.00 for every paycheck.
>>
>>718257366
i do

mostly because im not so a huge douchebag that i think its ok to punish my waitress for having to work in a broken system.
>>
>>718257366
Because it's not my job to pay your staff.
>>
>>718292948
It's strange how you Americans always think you know everything about everyone else. You couldn't tell me fuck all about what it's like here because you have no idea. You probably think once you hit the border you're in 10 feet of snow. You really must not know anything about anything if you're this fucking stupid. The social structure and ideologies of our people are literally the same. I don't know why you think you have a better place to tell me about what it's like around here. This is why your people are the most hated of any other because once again, spewing your opinion about shit that you don't know shit about. Stop taking up oxygen that the intelligent could use
>>
>>718293420
fuck off mooseman
>>
>>718293420
it's all the same yet for some strange reason you need to bring your country up?

fuck off retard
>>
>>718287169
If that's all you think a server does, you either haven't been paying attention or go to shitty restaurants.
>>718289585
It's a different form of payment. Theoretically, the food should be ~%20 cheaper because servers don't get paid by the company, which encourages high levels of service when the guest is directly responsible for servers profits. Front of the house has to put up with a lot of bullshit dealing with customers, can you imagine how much less effort would go into service if they were paid hourly?
>>718290797
regardless of how superior you feel to workers in the service industry, it's a role that still needs to be filled. If someone leaves, the job has to be replaced. Often times the server is trying to put themselves through school and you are directly hindering the process. I hope you are a troll
>>
>>718257366

Because tipping in this country usually means tipping the fucking management and usually waiters aren't allowed a piece of it.
>>
>>718293133
>americuck is first to bring up countries
>literally has nothing to argue other than "I'm American"
>continues to have nothing of any logical sense to bring up so just says how I'm foreign

You people are all the same
>>
>>718293669
I hope this is a troll.

In all reality, the number of businesses in which management takes tips is a VERY small percentage, and those businesses get shut down quickly through lawsuits.
>>
>Walking along street
>See a bar that looks alright
>Walk up to door
>Bouncer says "yeah it's $10, come on in"
>Give $50 note to girl behind counter
>Bouncer takes $40 change and says "that's my tip
>mfw
>>
File: MussoliniRuinsThings.jpg (18KB, 652x914px) Image search: [Google]
MussoliniRuinsThings.jpg
18KB, 652x914px
>>718257366

OP just delete this thread. It serves no purpose.

Literally everyone except really ghetto black people tips.
I've worked at 7 different restaurants from high school up to a few years ago.
I got stiffed twice at the cheapest one, and it was because I really sucked ass, and never again after that.

The idea that people don't tip is a myth.
At every single one of the places I didn't work, if you weren't left anything at all, you go tell the manager and if the person came back in they would be confronted about it, asked for a reason, and if they didn't have a legitimate one, they would be asked to leave.

The only places where people actually don't tip regularly are places like Chili's and Applebee's, rednecks and jigaboos come because they can get jalapeno poppers and 2 plates of fajitas for 12 bucks. If you eat or work at this type of place, seriously what the fuck are you doing with your life?
>>
>>718293904
That describes most Australian businesses. Try giving cash direct to a waiter and he'll say "I'm not allowed to take that".
>>
>>718257366
Tipping isn't customary in my country.
I also cook my own food.
>>
>>718293903
well at least we learned english clearly isn't your first language you incomprehendable fuck
>>
>>718293968

Ah. I figured the conversation was in regards to American business. I'll take your word for it, though that seems a little unlikely unless servers get a phenomenal wage.
>>
>>718294114

Well we do have this fucking problem

>>718293905
>>
>>718294209

He didn't say that was in Australia. How much do the workers get paid?
>>
>>718293662
Literally this started with you fucks having to speak about how American you are and no other country can be similar in any way because you guys are special. See YOUR GUYS have
>the freedoms

Literally all of you were raised thinking you're better than everyone else solely because of the country you were born in and that is why you are the shit stain of the Earth and literally no other nation respects you or your people
>>
File: TRUMP 2016.jpg (59KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP 2016.jpg
59KB, 1180x842px
I don't believe in a minimum wage, and I don't tip.

Period.

Thank GOD Trump won.
>deregulation: check
>no federal minimum wage: check
>#MAGA: check
>eliminate tipping: check
>>
>>718291318
Sure, but it does not at like one
>>
File: 1483328415794.png (694KB, 831x516px) Image search: [Google]
1483328415794.png
694KB, 831x516px
>>
>>718294430
I think I'm on an american website filled with americans except when a topic that threatens NEETlords arises thrn suddenly everyone is japanese
>>
>>718294430

Wat. Every person is raised with some form of nationalism because, and it's relatively ironically pertinent to the conversation, "good for business". So yea. Every country is raised thinking their country is awesome until they're old enough to figure out that it's not.

Kinda facile.
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.