[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Between alt-right and progressive left, which one is the worst?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: alt right.jpg (77KB, 960x692px) Image search: [Google]
alt right.jpg
77KB, 960x692px
Between alt-right and progressive left, which one is the worst?
>>
>>718066899
worst logic or worst people? conservatives are generally smarter and with a more cohesive ideology but they're fucking toxic. While the radical left is usually more easy going for people who don't verbally disagree with them, but 85% of them are sheep who don't know anything they've researched themselves
>>
>>718066899
Alt-Left by far. Their policy and additude exude disgusting levels of fear mongering and pompously flailing their homosexual agenda.
>>
>>718066899
The progressive left wants to destroy western civilization so they are the worst by far.
>>
>>718067271
kek
>>
>>718067413
The alt-right are a sign of western civilization being sick.
>>
Alt-Right and is isn't even close. Yeah, SJW's are stupid and annoying, but the other side idolizes Hitler ffs.
>>
>>718067680
SJW's idolizes people like Stalin and Mao who killed even more than Hitler
>>
>>718067680
What's so bad about hitler?
>>
File: 74747675.jpg (59KB, 468x720px) Image search: [Google]
74747675.jpg
59KB, 468x720px
>>718067680
How is that any different than the communist worshipping that stems from the left?
>>
File: 1480630055953.jpg (264KB, 960x695px) Image search: [Google]
1480630055953.jpg
264KB, 960x695px
>>
>>718066899
alt-right

progressives don't acknowledge some nasty realities for fear of the sin of hurting feelings.

but righties think they're geniuses for saying it, claiming it's somehow both obvious AND only they are smart enough to see it.
>>
>>718067680
Not long ago liberals were singing songs about Castro
>>
>>718067741
STFup you idiot nobody worship Stalin
>>
>>718067746
Really? Are you 16 or just not that bright?
>>
>>718067586
By what measure can you prescribe a civilization as sick?
>>
>>718066899
alt right, because if you leave them unchecked they become literally hitler
>>
>>718068109
I'm a liberal. I don't idolize Castro, Stalin, Mao, or any other authoritarian shit bag.
>>
>>718068109
>implying cuba was the bad guy
>>
File: cliffordimage.jpg (13KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
cliffordimage.jpg
13KB, 400x266px
>>718067271
>>718068234
>mfw both of these posters are op and this entire thread is one big elaborate bait
>>
>>718068249
castro =/= cuba
>>
>>718066899
Hard to say, both are painfully autistic. The alt-right is filled with edgy neo-nazis whilst the progressive left is a bunch of fuckwit SJWs who think that everyone needs to be nice to each other or you're a fascist.
Ultimately both sides are just sheep who pander to fear mongering and peer pressure.
>>
>>718067746
His mustache obviously.
>>
>>718066899
Alt-right by far. Extreme left generally normalises out over time. Extreme right more often than not stays retarded.
>>
>>718068634
You're talking out your ass. Name an instance where either of your claims hold true.
>>
>>718068185
bro civilization is deemed sick when it engages in internal political conflicts instead of just flying around in space smoking weed with aliens
>>
>>718068467
>Hard to say, both are painfully autistic.
/thread
>>
>>718066899
So obviously the Alt right. They would sooner betray their fellow Americans (encouraging rootin tootin Vladimir putin to hack democrats).

Conservatives are fucking ignorant faggots. Believing fake news that fits their view, rejecting facts that don't fit (climate change, foreign interference in elections, etc)

Even moderate conservatives fall for that shit. They are also so much more partisan. During 8 years of Bush Democrats worked with Republicans.. they cooperated on everything.

2 weeks after Obama was elected Mitchell McConnell said the house would block any and all legislation from that point on. It didn't matter what was said or done or anything, there was 0 cooperation.

Hey guess what fuckers. The stimulus package worked

>I'm a conservative
>nothing said will make me work with the left

>I'mean a liberal
>I will discuss actual policy and work with them where we can

If you don't believe that you're just plain ignoring the facts and the history of the last 20 years.

Obama as president elect
>press conferences for every nominee
>always had the press core with him
>was polite to George Bush

TRUMP
>not a press conference since July
>only tweeting his nominees (who are all rich ass billionaires)
>accused Obama of being a Muslim from Kenya BASED ON NO EVIDENCE (typical conservative. I believe it because I think it)
>so many other things

SMH 4chan. Been here since 06 and you all have fallen pretty far.
>>
>>718068933
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>718068719
>found the retard alt-rightist
>>
progressive left because they actually hold positions of power.

for instance, i write paper about how drone strikes are bad, get a 97

I write a paper about how private gun ownership is a good thing, get an 80

both were argumentative essays. both fulfilled minimum standards, and then some.

guess what? according to ratemyprofessor.com, this particular professor had a history of liberal/progressive bias when it came to grading.

Dean didn't do shit about it, just gave lip service and pretended to agree. never took administrative action.
>>
>>718066899
who cares?

neither has ever had any power over anything, no matter how much both groups like to imagine the candidate du jour is "speaking to them"

just look at Trump's cabinet, or imagine what Clinton's would have looked like...
>>
>>718069330
Your dean is almost certainly a cuck and got his administrative status by being a spineless ultra-left pussy. It makes me sick when I see so much useless bloat in academia. So many idiots with bullshit jobs that all all subscribe to the same bullshit leftist dogma.
>>
>>718067133
Why is it then that people with graduate degrees are more Left then? I'm not talking about degrees in shit that ends in the word "studies", I'm talking about legitimate disciplines.
>>
File: illWulw.jpg (83KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
illWulw.jpg
83KB, 850x400px
>>718066899

The leftwaffe get people fired when they don't use proper pronouns in a twitter message and hound people with death threats.

The alt-right make snarky comments on forums that nobody but them read.

Fuck off with your implications of equivalency.
>>
>>718070144
Post source pls
>>
>>718066899

the alt right exists solely for the same reason the progressive left exists;

because we created them by hating on the left so hard that people with a predisposition to attention seeking behaviour took it too far. After that, the prophecy becomes self fulfilling because the left then validates their existence, as we did with the progressive left, by denouncing their extremist behaviour (Long before it was extremist)

Of course, as people do and as clinton found out in this election, when you denounce people who you disagree with as extremists, they will fortify their position and even strengthen it, creating extreme reactions to the perception that they are under attack.

Both are equally bad, both were created by their own who resorted to vilification and a refusal to compromise rather than empathy, discussion and persuasion to come to a more harmonious conclusion, both were validated by the other publicising their vilification, and both will continue to have a substantial impact on western policy until it becomes so tiresome that they are taken seriously and categorically dismantled.

It has happened before, it will happen again. The ebb and flow of political extremism is not a foreign concept.
>>
>>718070546

http://www.people-press.org/2016/04/26/a-wider-ideological-gap-between-more-and-less-educated-adults/

I'm not saying the SJW's are right, but graduate school was a very left wing environment for me and apparently that's not unusual.
>>
>>718067741
I go to a highly liberal private school with lots of these far-lefties but I have never seen anything that glorifies totalitarianism. Alt right on the other hand, is an embarrassment to the right
>>
>>718070848
>I have never seen anything that glorifies totalitarianism

I think you're thinking of autocracy, Some leftists do (some call themselves Maoists even) but most don't and most have a somewhat anarchistic bent.

But they are very totalitarian in that if you don't agree 100% with them in every way, you are stupid, sub-human and probably an icky cishet white male etc. Their complete inability to compromise is why they exist in so many factions and are almost tribal in their outlook.

Say what you will about the rightwingers (not alt-right, the rest like libertarians and neo-cons etc.) but they are incredibly proficient at staying on message and circling wagons. They eat camels when they have to to serve what they feel is the greater good. They are more pragmatic while the loony version of the new left are very totalitarian.
>>
>>718070830
You did claim that you factored out those people who don't hold degrees in worthwhile disciplines yet your source is talking about higher-ed as a whole. In my experience those in STEM academia are split pretty evenly, while most who go on to industry or professional school (doctors, pharmacists) are definitely more conservative. I studied biology and mathematics, and interestingly enough, I found slightly more of the bio faculty swung left, while slightly more math folks were to the right. Again this is just in my experience. I would love to see data that dissects the political leanings my department, major of study, all of that.
>>
>>718070546
the 2016 election
>>
File: 1480006696322.jpg (13KB, 259x206px) Image search: [Google]
1480006696322.jpg
13KB, 259x206px
>>718071728
>mfw my analysis, modern algebra and diffy q profs voted trump
>>
>>718066899
Progressive left
>>
>>718072068

yes, it sucks to be progressive. It's better to be regressive.
You need to teach dem sand niggers that they can't kill gay people, just deny them marriage licenses and wedding cakes like CIVILIZED scum bags!
>>
>>718072391
One is far worse than the other, yet (I'm assuming) you want to let more of the worst into the country.
>>
>>718066899
Progressive left. Alt-Right are faggots but ultimately they don't actually impact anything like the left does.

>muh Trump!
Old people got Trump elected, not 19 year old shitposters. Millenials primarily voted for Hillary.
>>
>>718071977
Did they teach you what an anecdote was?
>>
>>718071522
The data is all there. Obviously departments whose only purpose is to produce and refine left ideology are going to have more lefties in them. I'm too lazy to post additional sources, but the trend holds true for STEM fields as well, just not as much. Regardless, STEM produces technology and not culture. Even if they leaned more conservative, I doubt it would really matter to the overall environment of the university.
>>
>>718074598
W
>>718074301
I chimed in because I'm not convinced an overwhelming majority of STEM patrons vote left you pompous faggot

>>718074598
>the data is there I'm just too lazy to find it
Yeah that's real convenient. You first give me a shit source, now you can't be bothered to back up your claim.
>>
>>718074598
>STEM produces technology
Confirmed for liberal arts degree faggot
>>
Stop with these fucking labels. Once you label yourself you become part of a side and that forces you to agree with everything that side says.

There are things self-proclaimed "alt-rightists" say that I agree with, as well as things that "conservatives" and "liberals" say that I also agree with.

Stop defining yourselves with political labels you cunts!
>>
>>718070144
A college degree doesn't mean you are smart. My teacher back in high school legitimately thought we use 10% of our brains until' I told her we don't. She was also a science teacher attending graduate school, so she should be "smart" according to you however I guarantee that is not the case.
>>
>>718074598
Science is a method of investigation you retard. It is not a means of creating technology. If STEM were solely about creating technology it would simply be called T.
>>
File: 1478601100000.png (606KB, 1000x724px) Image search: [Google]
1478601100000.png
606KB, 1000x724px
>such people created the alt right
>>
>>718076324
If she wasn't smart she would have continued believing it. Smart people can believe stupid shit too, no one is infallible.
>>
File: 4chan is retarded.png (116KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4chan is retarded.png
116KB, 640x480px
>>718066899
Ok, you could literally put any text on this and make it look stupid even if they are valid points. Let me show you.
>>
>>718077116
What's funny is this guy
>>718076847
Thinks Einstein's work is sexist because it privileges the speed of light over other speeds. I'm not making this up. Also, Newton's Principia is a rape manual.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.