[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sombody xplain what a liberal is or what they believe in

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 20

File: image.png (31KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31KB, 201x200px
sombody xplain what a liberal is or what they believe in
>>
>>717811331

No
>>
>>717811400
Cause u cant
>>
>>717811331
Man get the fuck outta here
Go to google.com type
What is a liberal
>>
File: KarlPilkington.png (319KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KarlPilkington.png
319KB, 1200x1200px
>>717811331
If you were smart enough to understand, you'd be liberal.
>>
>>717811554
>>smart
>>liberal

Betta be b8 boi
>>
>>717811483
>>717811554
most of the definitions on google are dictionary, I want the community definitions.

I know how Google works.
>>
>>717811649
Ah my bad /b/ro

I hope you find what you seek
>>
>>717811331
liberal in the USA, liberal in the UK, liberal in Germany or Australia all mean different things.
>>
>>717811554
>If you were smart enough to understand, you'd be liberal.

THIS
>>
>>717812312
No, it means the same thing everywhere. People just mistakenly assume that when liberals do stupid shit, that the definition changes to include the stupid shit. It doesn't. Those people are simply no longer liberals.
>>
>>717812315
That's such a stupid answer to that question.

From someone who understands what a liberal is.
>>
>>717812312
USA
>>
>>717811331
i personally don't really give a shit what people believe in. just don't be an asshole. but that is also being liberal
>>
>>717812441
It's a statement, not an answer. And a correct one.

Oh, and congrats.
>>
A liberal is an idealist that thinks putting others before themselves is righteous, but mostly ends up hurting themselves and the others in the process through instilling dependency. Something that makes sense when you're young but runs counter to how life itself works.

Be moderate like a rational person.

Or go on /b/ and pretend to be a brainwashed libcuck to troll around. your call.
>>
According to americans it means being commie pinko scum
According to Europeans it means being an ultra conservative fascist capitalist
>>
The term "Liberal" is mostly used to describe a political orientation, or an adjective to describe a type of view, or person with types of view.

Defining "Liberal" is like defining a colour or a flavour, it's only possible through shared experience, just like trying to describe republican or conservative. None the less, I'll give it a shot:

In my experience, a liberal opinion is an opinion that favours a more logical definition of human morality, as opposed to relying on gut feeling, or intuition of any kind. A liberal opinion usually expresses a complete understanding of the underlying issue, which is what usually provokes people to assume that liberals are narcicistic assholes. On the flip side, however, it is impossible to have an intuition be always correct, and it makes much more sense to have a balanced share of these decision making styles, using the strongest wherever possible.

Not spell checked.
>>
>>717812581
This pertains to both bipartisan parties.

Both can be assholes, and they tend to be that way when they don't hold a majority. Pretty much anyone a part of the bipartisan-ness of America is what's wrong with America. Don't think you're immune just because you may be a conservative.

Basically, reps are backwards retarded and libs are progressively retarded.
>>
>>717812728
>americans

Like so many before you, you misspelled "Republican".

Badly, too.
>>
>>717812892
I was being hyperbolic for both statements, point being that liberal is considered left in the US and it's considered right in Europe
Also republican means something else weren't I'm from, it means you want to abolish the monarchy
>>
>>717812433
>Those people are simply no longer liberals.

That's true but all this confusion is arising because leftwing authoritarians have managed to hijack liberalism to such a large extent by applying liberalism to a few very select ideals which they pump up through the media into huge issues to distract from their underlying goal of eroding personal freedoms.
>>
being a self-righteous pretentious dumbass
>>
>>717813040
*Where not weren't
>>
>>717813169
were*
>>
>>717813312
we're*
>>
>>717812799

>want to go in abandoned house
>weigh pros and cons

'liberal thinking' ?
>>
A bleeding heart faggot with an over abundance of empathy, obsessed with anything bad happening to 'minorities', usually just to satisfy their massive egos and make themselves feel morally superior to their peers.
>>
>>717813365
this
>>
>>717813364
You could say that. It's used more to describe political/social issues, though.
>>
>>717813365
This
>>
File: 1403300281191.png (91KB, 316x244px) Image search: [Google]
1403300281191.png
91KB, 316x244px
>>717811331
It's basically creating a 'safe-space' where nobody can hurt you with words as if anybody ever died from being offended.
But what the 2 party system is doing is splitting the male and female principle and making you choose between them it's like having to choose between your parents: Your father is strict and has a lot of rules which gets out of hand if only he makes the decisions and mother wants you to have freedom and protection while the answer lies in having a good healthy balance between those 2 principles.
That's why it's a bunch of horse shit plus presidents are mostly just mascots for the people with real power. If they ever want to change things for the better they get blackmailed,sold out,shot you name it. Money is power sadly.
>>
>>717813365
For a while there, I almost forgot this was /b/. Thanks for dragging the thread back down.
>>
A liberal is someone whose worldview is shaped by a philosophy of "nurturing parent". They are biased to support views and movements that are based on cooperation, helping, assistance, and freedom of choice.

Contrast to conservative whose worldview is shaped by a philosophy of "authoritarian parent". Their views are shaped around "fall in line and do your duty"

Read the book "Moral Politics" or the eBook "The Authoritarians". You will be awakened and view people of both philosophies as victims lacking self awareness.
>>
>>717811447
8th grade response
>>
>>717813365
Those are Marxist puppets.

As an American I refuse to refer to these assholes as liberals.
I am not going to legitimize their lie.
>>
>>717813645
>It's basically creating a 'safe-space' where nobody can hurt you with words as if anybody ever died from being offended.

Everyone gets offended, and everyone is hurt by words. The only difference is how they react.
>>
>>717812611
Explain why it's a correct one? Just because?
>>
File: dTlrG7Q.jpg (53KB, 326x421px) Image search: [Google]
dTlrG7Q.jpg
53KB, 326x421px
>>717813704
yes isn't everyone here so inferior to your mighty intellect and superior morals?
>>
>>717813645
I disagree with the part about the "safe-space" creation. I think that there has been a lot of that being displayed publicly, but all that is really being shown is general ignorance. You'll find the same dismissal of new ideas coming from people from the right wing. There are just as many patient liberals that are willing to hear your opinions with an open mind, and explain why, if at all, they disagree with them.

The rest is pretty spot on, though. Maybe less towards "Male vs Female" and more towards "Masculine vs Feminine". It explains the feelings better. A steritypical dad can be protective sometimes, too.
>>
>>717813865
I have heard of cultural Marxism from Milos YouTube channel, but I don't understand that completely either.
>>
>>717813873
I know, that's my point
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 299x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 299x250px
>>717813918
>right wing

Hear this often as well. Short definition pls, want to tag alon with the intellectual conversation here
>>
I look at the whole system as this, we are horses. We are grazing in the fields. Libertarian policies allow us to roam far and free, but if we roam too far we may become alone and besides ourselves without protection from the predators on the outside. Conservatives are the fence, they put it up to restrict our boundaries after expanding so far and to make sure the group isn't lost forever, we lose some freedom but we are ultimately protected. We need both. Too much of one thing is never good.
>>
>>717811554
Ohh!!! Schooled!!
>>
>>717814194
I meant liberal, damn autocorrect.
>>
>>717814279
what? liberals are for more laws, not less.
>>
>>717813729
I disagree with this idea of "Masculine vs Feminine role models" with respect to politics and society. I think this can be used to explain the failures in the way people present their ideas about society, primarily Feminist SJWs (Feminine parent) vs basically everyone else (Masculine parent). I think it's safe to say this is only an explanation of the extreme left and extreme right, side effects of the inability to display empathy, or the inability to separate it from your thoughts. But it doesn't explain most of the more specific, less contraversial issues tackled by politics such as fucking about with the minimum wage, or trade route negotiation.
>>
>>717814307
That was not an allegory to laws. It's an allegory to what is wanted.
>>
Anything and everything as long as it dosent hurt muh feels
>>
>>717813918
I'm just using extremes to get to the point. Don't take is too personal. Also, of course there are different degrees between the 2. When i'm talking about principles it is what it is. Males and females have both principles in them so of course it might differ between people. But if you make something simple you it is exhausting to point out that in some people the poles are tipped in a different (im)balance
>>
>>717813704
But that's what it is.
>>
The country is best served when we have 8 years of Dems and 8 years of Reps. If we had conservatives running the country they would take public benefits from the poor and crime rates would skyrocket. There would be so much waste in military spending etc. if liberals were in charge for too long our military would suck ass and everyone and their momma would be eligible for welfare. They're good checks on each other. You're a fool if you vote simply because someone is a democrat or a republican. Do your research and look at where they stand on the fucking issues. I voted for Bush then I voted for Obama and this time I voted for Hillary and even though I consider myself left-leaning if you place a good republican candidate in front of me I would vote for him.
>>
>>717814395
why do you want more laws
>>
>>717811554
This is the core of what is wrong with liberals. In their deluded state of mind, the reason that you disagree is because you are too stupid to understand them and their brilliance. Never mind that most of their ideas are pure shit, no no, you just aren't capable of realizing how smart they all happen to be. Liberal = Elitist Asshole.
>>
>>717814569
agreed
>>
>>717813918
Don't take a symbolic explanation too literal, it's just to paint a clear picture in your mind to show what i mean
>>
>>717814661
the picture is stupid and unclear
>>
>>717814124
Well, like I said here
>>717812799
The left-right wing split is based mostly on this emotion/logic split. There are so many other connotations of it as people who fail to express their opinions properly are packed in with all people who share their opinions. You hate feminist SJWs because they do such stupid shit, but do you even know what they really fight for? I'm sure as hell not sure. When it's not just rhetorical bullshit like "Men are pigs" that has no real persuasive value, it's mostly just a general understanding of basic human morality. People should be equal in ways that make sense. It's the same idea behind "Racism is bad", and most of the reasons we hate religious societies like the middle east. But they explain it in such a terrible way that makes you connotate their idiocy with their base viewset.
>>
>>717811331
according to the stereotype; its a group of people that believe what looks good (and feels good) on paper always translates into reality, often with disastrous consequences. they award bonus points if the idea comes from a place of moral superiority
>>
>>717811331
A liberal is someone who enjoys the economic privileges of exploitative global capitalism but still has a conscience so doesn't want to feel bad about it; they engage in meaningless humanitarian gestures so they can appear to care about justice, but these actions are designed to ensure that the injustice that provides their material well-being is never rectified. For example, they will make a big scene about using nice language because it makes them seem like they care about racism, sexism, or economic exploitation, but nice words have absolutely zero chance of actually changing the world. This is entirely intentional.

Typically, the uninformed believe "liberal" and "left" are the same thing. This is not true; the actual left despises liberals and wants to actually evolve society by - in part - dismantling the economic privilege of liberal society.
>>
>>717814715
You don't get polarity? than maybe you are stupid with an unclear mind
>>
>>717811331
There is no one answer. Stop trying to put people into neat little conceptual boxes.
>>
>>717811331
Liberal:
Pussy
Faggot
Blacked lover
No spine
Enjoys safe spaces
Hates their own skin
Needs constant praise from other liberals
Hates non liberals
Smells own ass
Drives Prius
Thinks they are fighting the good fight (are not)
Smells other liberals assholes
Lower back tattoo (male)
Owns Cats
Scared of reality
Can't fight
Organizes retarded rallies for any reason. (Aids bake sale)
Gets fucked in ass
Votes Hillary
Liberal Arts Degree (literally dumb)
Lives near coast
>>
>>717814859
>than maybe you are stupid with an unclear mind
>than
nope it's just you
>>
Outsider!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I can only really speak to what a USA liberal is. A liberal is someone whose political orientation is left leaning on the spectrum, generally (with exceptions) in favor of spending large amounts of money on social programs such as welfare and food stamps, in favor of gender, lbgt and minority civil rights and priveleges, pro-choice, and in favor of market regulation. This overall usually results in a favor for bigger government spending and taxes, and a progressive tax (meaning tax the rich more and the poor less as a % of income).
Contrast to conservative and neo-conservative, the right leaning political spectrum. Conservative is in favor of less government spending on social programs, anti gay marriage, more government spending on military, generally pro individual freedom over collective progress, such as pro gun rights and supports a flat tax (tax the rich and poor equally by %) or regressive tax (tax the poor and middle class more than the rich as a % of income).
Neo-conservatives are not in favor of smaller government spending and debt, and favor tax cuts to the wealthy but otherwise are generally similar on policies to conservatives. Tea party members are another subsection of the conservative spectrum that are pro-small government and reduce government spending, and have formed a voting block of voters and politicians who have agreed to vote against any new taxes in any situation.
I hope this has given you some insight into what a liberal is.
>>
>>717814549
Yet you didn't vote for Trump. Opinion invalid.
>>
>>717812822
agreed
>>
File: 1461537910913.jpg (21KB, 211x255px) Image search: [Google]
1461537910913.jpg
21KB, 211x255px
>>717814865
>>
Only underages think all liberals = all sjws. I know christian feminists that would break any cross they were hung on
>>
>>717815038
>pointing out fallacies
why are libtards so autistic
>>
>>717814974
This is what someone who still lives in the American left-right two-party narrative and still cares about things like "big government" or "small government" thinks that a liberal is. This analysis is superficial at best.
>>
>>717814569
Nah, you're mixing up Liberals with arrogant morons. It's easy to hate these people, and they're all usually liberals like they're all usually fedora tipping neckbeards. Be able to dismiss someone's argument, while still being open minded to their general cause.
>>
>>717814898
Grammatical/spelling errors are besides the point.
Now you are just using trivialities get 1up
>>
Denmark = Liberal utopia
Murica = Capitalist utopia
ISIS = Conservative utopia
>>
EVRTHING RACIST EVRTHING IS RACIST IF U THINK ABOUT IT EVRYTHING SEXIST EVRYTHING IS OFENSIVE

liberlas in a nuteshell
>>
File: 1477224822238.jpg (696KB, 2007x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1477224822238.jpg
696KB, 2007x1304px
ITT: People identify the problems with media based categorization and labelling

Welcome to the world of not just black and white thinking which most children are capable of understanding after age 11

4chan facilitates and encourages reducing arguments to the lowest common denominator. It's why hatred of trannies or blacks or religious ideology is the common theme here. Because simple people without much experience of the real world always simplify everything as much as possible and value data and ideas that enforce said black and white views

If you want more than black and white thinking, go out and research.
>>
File: hello.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>717815154
can't blame a guy for trying
>>
they are enemies of the lulz
>>
>>717814569
Spoken like a true proletarian.
>>
>>717813365
>satisfy their massive egos and make themselves feel morally superior to their peers.
> :^)
Keep stroking anon its getting me off
>>
>>717814806
Most helpful post so far. Tysm anon
>>
File: comrade_picard.jpg (53KB, 700x470px) Image search: [Google]
comrade_picard.jpg
53KB, 700x470px
>>717815254
Star Trek = Communist utopia
>>
>>717815095
Ok. But way to criticize without adding any real information to my analysis. If you have something to add or correct please do so. Your short, vapid comment hasn't added anything to the conversation yet.
>>
"Liberal" doesn't mean anything anymore, it's an attack word for pissed off retards. Kind of like how "mental illness" now means "anything I don't like"
>>
>>717815490
did you watch game theory?
>>
>>717815541
pure revisionism
>>
>>717815345
Trying to defend ego? That just keeps you in the same spot mentally. Why not try to learn anything instead of holding on to what you're used to
>>
>>717815597
dude movie theory did that shit all ready bro
>>
>>717815634
>Trying to defend ego
nope
>Why not try to learn anything instead of holding on to what you're used to
already do that. thanks for the "advice" though.
>>
File: Hipster Faggot Capital.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster Faggot Capital.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
Being that I've visited the capital city of Liberal Hipster Faggotry a few times, I can best describe what liberals are like.

They are of above average intelligence, but are emotionally underdeveloped in an environment where their opinions aren't challenged by conservative views. Funny thing is, on the opposite side of the spectrum, you've got conservative rednecks who also stay within their own bubble.
>>
>>717815310
Exactly this. Here, Facebook, Leddit, anywhere that has a comments section. Idiots try as hard as possible to keep the world divided exactly in 2 because they can't understand the concept of a spectrum of ideas and are afraid of things that are different.
>>
>>717811331
Liberalism is a political philosophy that generally focuses on personal liberty (thus the name), equality, individualism, etc. Traditionally liberal mentality warns against social collectivism, mob mentality, and caring about traditions and the views they support over those supported by facts. A liberal believes that an individual's freedoms are paramount and values concepts such as toleration, autonomy, consent and self-determination.

What most conservatives call liberals is unfortunate in that it unwittingly mislabels itself as liberal, when it's more of a virus which has latched itself onto liberalism because it identifies with the liberal's sense of egalitarianism and consent, specifically in the sexual context. This parasite is a nanny-state fascist cult of safety-at-all-costs mentality commonly referred to as the SJWs, and unfortunately we're having trouble shaking it right now.
>>
>>717814980
For obvious reasons. Can't believe you did. Be ready to accept fault when he gets impeached.. I'll give him a chance though..
>>
>a whole movement of Christianized atheists masturbate to anime loli and cuckold porn while spamming memes
>the movement of obese americans voted for a reality tv star so a bunch of other obese americans didn't vote in a completely unlikeable politician with a vagina
The ride never ends with a burger behind the wheel
>>
JESUS WUZZZ BLACK YOU FASCIST AMERIKKKANS
>>
>>717815254
>Utopia
More like same shit different style.
However that doesn't mean there is no way that could work it has just not been done (on record)
>>
>>717815850
This. Portland and Cali are as much a safe space as the Bible Belt and Appalachians.
>>
>>717815310
in college i once saw an unattended macbook at the library. clearly someone had went to the bathroom or to grab a book and was on the way back. i looked around and no one was watching so i took it into a back aisle, set it on the floor and took a shit right on the keyboard. after which i closed the lid to the sound of my thick, gooey shit smashing into the keys. i was secretly happy the shit didnt ooze out of the sides, so the person would have to open it to see my treat. i calmly returned it to the table i found it and walked out, never looking back. for some reason as i read your post.. i really, really wish it was your laptop and that i had stayed. just to watch the expression of sheer horror and disgust at what type of sick fuck could have done such a thing to you. thats something most people over the age of 11 will never understand.
>>
>>717815741
Still too proud to admit but sure, you're not defending ego
>>
>>717816173
why are you still replying?
>>
>>717816169
Jokes on you, I did a similar thing when I was 12 or 13 and shat on the bonnet of someones car
>>
>>717816169
that happened
>>
>>717815915
I didn't. I'm not from the US. I just intuitively hate Hillary. And there is no information that can be regarded as true, atleast Trump is saying what he genuinely thinks is going to happen as opposed giving us an extra level of bullshit to wade through.
>>
>>717812709
I concur its impossible to truly help someone, they must help themselves.
>>
>>717816312
Trump is going to get bored of being president by his second year. He's also dumb enough to believe North Korea's threats as credible.
>>
>>717816226
Curiosity
>>
>>717816472
i'm curious as to why you're a faggot
>>
>>717816443
Moderate is the best way to go. Give them a helping hand, but a watchful eye as well.
>>
>>717815905
>t. Ayn Rand fanboi with John Locke poster in his room
>>
>>717816567
Ayn Rand was an objectivist cunt, not a liberal. I don't even know who John Locke is.
>>
File: 1478770073568.jpg (3KB, 150x160px) Image search: [Google]
1478770073568.jpg
3KB, 150x160px
>>717816275
i'd do it again
>>
>>717816662
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>717816464
And North Korea will react by unleashing all of their nuclear warheads almost six feet into the air and destroying themselves.
>>
>>717811331
as a political buzzword, philosophy or economic stance?

As a politial buzzword it means left wing;
Due to the nature of politics this can mean that you subscribe to a range of "left wing" political stances such as, but not limited to, green environmental industiral regulation, supporting women's reproductive rights, non-discriminatory policies regarding race, religion, sexual orientation and so on. Anything left wing is generally attributed to liberalism. Which is retarded but what can you do. The world is full of tards. Many of them are on this board, right now.

As a philosophy it means Individual rights:
Liberalism is the belief that individual freedom is the inalienable right for all people and thus emphasize individual rights and equal opportunites.

The modern ideology of Liberalism can be traced back to the Humanism which challenged the authority of the established church in Europe, and more particularly to the 17th and 18th Century British and French Enlightenment thinkers, and the movement towards self-government in colonial America.

As an economic stance it pretty much just means a free market.
Economic liberalism is organizing the economy on individual lines, meaning that the greatest possible number of economic decisions are made by individuals or households and not by collective institutions or organizations. It includes a spectrum of different economic policies, such as freedom of movement, but it is always based on strong support for a market economy and private property in the means of production. Although economic liberalism can also be supportive of government regulation to a certain degree, it tends to oppose government intervention in the free market when it inhibits free trade and open competition. However, it may accept government intervention in order to remove monopolies, as this is considered to limit the power of a individuals.
>>
A Liberal is someone who is progressive, open to new ideas, listens to people regardless of whether they agree with them or not.

A 'Liberal' is the new wave of Authoritarian Left who want to be above all criticism and have their personal rights protected but not those of people they don't agree with.

Modern 'Liberals' are to Liberals what Femnazis are to genuine Feminists. A stolen word to legitimise their nonsense.
>>
>>717816733
Most of the time, if you can substitute weirdo in for liberal, that's what they mean. It's that person being scared by someone being different.
>>
>>717816659
>I r a classical liberal
>who iz John Locke

Holy fuck! This might be a new, never-before-seen level of 4chan's political ignorance. Jesus, it's no wonder this country and its sham democracy (oh, sorry - "democratic republic") is owned by capitalists. Holy flying fuck.
>>
>>717817086
It's a constitutional republic dip
>>
>>717817166
LOL in your fucking face, you clown
>>
File: 1482743261022.jpg (218KB, 598x597px) Image search: [Google]
1482743261022.jpg
218KB, 598x597px
>>
File: This_isnt_even_my_final_form.gif (120KB, 600x487px) Image search: [Google]
This_isnt_even_my_final_form.gif
120KB, 600x487px
>>717817200
If it's an image it must be true!
>>
>>717817390
>If it's an image it must be false!
>>
>>717817390
it is accurate
>>
>>717817191
its okay babe. high school was over-rated anyway
>>
File: 1477681102107.jpg (41KB, 289x425px) Image search: [Google]
1477681102107.jpg
41KB, 289x425px
>>717817435
>>717817465
>>
>>717816880
not really.

Liberal, stemming from the latin word Liber, i;e free just means that you value freedom.

This means that you believe that people are free to make their own chocies, make their own mistakes, make their own ways in life.

Liberalism is the reason why America decided to throw off the yokes of oppression and institute a carefully regulated republic of plutocratic landowners, no wait I mean free democracy and it is amusing to see right wing conservatives try to drag the name for one of the founding principles of modern america hrough the mud because they are afraid that too much freedom will lead to the End of Days.

Or something, I am not sure what they are afraid of. That women will rise up and chop off all the dicks or that black people will join together with the trannies and stage some sort of bloody coup at the behest of the International Judeo-Masonic-Communist conspiracy.

I mean, why do people not like freedom?

(As an anarcho-syndicalist I know I'm not one to talk. I want to tear the whole fucking country down in an interplanetary nuclear holocaust and start again from scatch but just never invent agriculture so we won't be slaves to landowners any more but that's just me. Fell free to not dismiss my other political points because you believe me to be some sort of hippy lunatic. In relaity I work in an office in a very successful marketing company. The main thing stopping me from advocating the total destruction of the current political order is the fact that I am making a shitton of money selling shit to gullible pissants. It pays the mortgage and keeps the wife and kids happy)
>>
>>717817553
I guess that's why you didn't bother finishing, eh? "I am a classical liberal sage who doesn't know who John Locke was." Man, I'm still laughing at your ignorant ass. If I'm still laughing at you after four hours I guess I'll have to go see a doctor or something.
>>
>>717817716
Stop trying to take the literal meaning of words.
It carries far more and different meanings than that.

That's like saying that the only agenda of Republicans is that they want USA to be a republic.
>>
File: a real liberal.png (301KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
a real liberal.png
301KB, 600x510px
>>717811331
>west-hating anti-american communists who eat puppies, hate ice cream, hate freedom, hate democracy, love ISIS, hate white people, don't work, and only major in things like Gender Studies
>they're also very smug and say mean things about Donald Trump
>>
>>717817716
I meant more like on TV and in comments sections where Liberal is used more of as an insult than an actual political designation.
>>
File: using 'liberal' as an insult.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
using 'liberal' as an insult.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>
File: ur_dum.jpg (64KB, 574x477px) Image search: [Google]
ur_dum.jpg
64KB, 574x477px
>>717817768
America is a constitutional republic.

True or False?
>>
>>717817911
this is all true

plus FDR was a cuck
>>
>>
>>717818447
well then /thread
>>
>>717818264
I even made fun of you - predicting you'd make this inane point like it proved you actually knew something - in my comment:

>>717817086
>it's no wonder this country and its sham democracy (oh, sorry - "democratic republic")

Of course you didn't get it and are STILL going on about this like it's the one thing you know about American politics. You are a total joke and are too dumb to even realize it.
>>
>>717818447
That is true only for america and doesn't integrate cultural shifts but it's ok
>>
>>717818879
Did it ever occur to you that on an anonymous image board, it's possible I'm not the same person? Worse yet, that on top of that I'm just fucking with you while drinking my morning coffee?

Let that one roll around for a while before you start dragging your nuts across the floor.
>>
>>717819431
Yeah, go ahead and tuck your tail between your legs and piss off, joke. While you're at it, learn the difference between direct democracy and democracy as a political ideal. You might also want to read something about the guy literally called the father of liberalism if you're going to go around calling yourself a classical liberal.

Still laughing at you, btw.
>>
File: 1475775558387.jpg (3KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
1475775558387.jpg
3KB, 125x116px
>>717811331
It depends wether or not you are in fucktard 'Murica or the rest of the world.
In 'Murica the liberals are left-wing socialists.
In the rest of the world a liberal is a liberal (meaning they just want to have as less rules as possible and let people do as much without interuption.)
>>
>>717819402
>Doesn't "integrate cultural shifts"
>pseudo-intellectual nonsense
>>
>>717819558
I'd think everything was funny too if I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground.

We'll chalk one in the W box for you big guy. Even losers need to win every once in a while.
>>
>>717817200
This is not what liberals believe

I suspect that the person who made this is not a liberal:

>race... a social construct
The concept of inferior and superior races are social constructs. Objectively we are all human. You might as well say that I have superior and inferior neighbours, even though they are all white.

>White people are evil and racists
Only lunatics are claiming this

>firmly believe in evolution
That's a scientific stance, not a liberal one

>All individuals are equal
Sounds more communist than liberal but alright. The liberal phrase would be "All individuals deserve equal rights"

>Only police should have guns
A true liberal would claim that everyone has the right to apply to have guns but it shouldn't be given to those who are not to be trusted with guns

>Policemen are fascists assholes!
Again, A liberal would not have a problem with individual policemen but would argue that the police should not be a political force to be used to detain and punish individuals for their gender, religion, ethnicity or political views etc

>Minorities are just as smart
Sure they are. I mean, if you took an educated white guy and put him in a room with 9 other educated black men,then just because the white man is now a minority does not mean that he is any less smarter for that.

>lower school test standards
Noone is advocating that

>Sterotypes are wrong
Noone is saying that. Stereotypes exist for a reason. Liberals claim however that individuals are not stereotypes and should not be treated as such

>Gingers have no souls? Hilarious
Gingers have no souls. It is a serious issue.

>Legalize all drugs
Actually yeah, this is something liberals say.

>Ban Happy Meals
Fucking ban Mcdonalds, more like it.

>Dictatoship is bad
Yes, again, this is the founding principle of liberalism

>Viva Che
The guy was a doctor and believed that everyone had the right to healthcare. Liberals like that sort of shit.
>>
>>717821520
>Civil discourse is the way
Isn't it?

>Teabaggers are terrorists
Are they? What acts of terror have they commited?

>Conservatives use ad homiens
So do liberals. So does everyone. Liberals believe in the individual's right to free speech

>Republicans are nazi fascists
It's the internet. I called your mum a nazi fascist last night and she loved it. As a liberal I have no problem with her or me excercising our right to free speech

>Capitalism is evil
The exploitation of individuals for the profit of a few is pretty evil, yeah. It also fucks witht he planet which is a shame cos that's where I live.

>Check out my new ipad!
Liberalism and materialism are not exclusive philosophical thoughts, sorry.

>Iraq/afghan wars illegal
According to the international laws of war they were, yes.

>Libya war is not.
Was it not? A lot of my more tree hugging friends were really pissed off with that. Personally I didn't care. Being a liberal does nto make me a pacifist.

>Fox News is Biased
Yes it is

>MSNBC is not
Yes it is

>Oppression of women is wrong
Yes! Another true liberal point! Well done mr writer. Have a cookie

>Islamists are freedom fighters!
Christ this is such a broad point that it would take me forever to discuss. Liberals belive that those who are fighting against oppression such as a couple of the kurdish militias in Syria are freedom fighters, yes. If Any islamists is fighting for the subjugation of other people, such as Isis for example then no, they are not freedom fighters.

>People hate Obama? Racists!
People who hate Obama cos he is a black are racists. Those who hate him for other reasons are welcome to their opinions.

>Black republicans are stupid
Only if said blacks are are supporting legislation that discriminate against individual rights.
>>
>>717821582
>Stick it to the man!
As a liberal I support your decision to stick anything to any man, woman or child, provided that you are not breaking the law doing so.

>Bigger government is the answer!
As long as said government protects and honours individual rights then yes.

>Respect all cultures
Yes. This is liberalism

>Christianity is stupid
No. This is not liberalism. We don't care what sky fairy ou worship. We repsect your right to find your own spiritual happiness. Just don't rape any kids and ask the pope to cover for you in the process.
>>
>>717821632
>Racial Slurs are offensive
They are, aren't they.

>You honkey cracker trash
That's pretty rude of you to say so. Still, as a liberal I do not believe in censoring speech so go nuts. You cunt.

>Taxation needs to be fair
Meh. Taxation is robbery by the government but yeah sure. Let's make it fair robbery so those at the lowest echelons of society do not starve to death and can't clean our toilets any more.

>Flat Tax? What are you, crazy?
I wouldn't use that phrae. I would say, "What are you, Economically illiterate?"

>Death Penalty is wrong
Me and Robespierre are right behind you buddy.

>Abortion is totally ok
Well, having a woman choose whether or not she wants to abort an unborn child is ok by liberal standards. Again, individial choice. We are big on that.

>Energy prices are too high
IKR

>We need a carbon tax
IKR

>Terrorism doesn't define Islam
No, the 4 pillars define islam. Terrorism is just a military tactic using psychological warfare to create fear and civil unrest

>Oslo shootings define the Right
No, the Oslo shooting is a chilling reminder that those capable of murdering children should not be allowed guns.

>Support free speech
Yea now you are getting it

>Enact Hate speech laws
Oooh, finally a valid talking point. Liberals do like free speech but we feel that inflammatory rheotoric that places individuals at risk should be illegal, yes.

>Support Equality
Well, yes?

>Affirmative action
Well it does not support equal opportunities so no, We do not support Affirmative action unless it provides said opportunities to people who would otherwise have been discriminated against based on race gender etc etc
>>
>>717818050
Ah yes. Because people are stupid and just like culture, the meanings of words are fluid
>>
>>717811331
There's no point to this. Liberal doesn't mean any one thing. It's almost always, just like conservative, used pejoratively.
>>
>>717813908
I understand how it might seem that way to you.
>>
Liberals: Our interest lies in stopping those who would see all good falter. It lies in stopping the powers of misrule from coming of age. It lies in finding that damned book, and thwarting a vile beast of a man who shall not rest until God himself is thrown down, and all of creation becomes Satan's black hell-besmeared farting hole!
>>
>>717822968
do you understand that you have aspergers
>>
Fuck it, I'll bite. I'm generally progressively liberal in my political views, and I consider myself that because, at the end of the day, I realize that we don't live in a perfect world. Libertarianism where everyone does their own thing would be great in a perfect world. Laissez faire corporate republicanism would be great in a perfect world because the market would choose the most profitable companies without sacrificing ethics.
That's not the fucking world we live in.
In my opinion, the government should exist to create a strong basic safety net, upon which we can each build our own lives. Food, clothing, shelter, education, and medicine/health; all of these things should be either provided or at least ensured by the government, so we don't have citizens starving in the streets.
Will some people make piss-poor decisions? Yes. Will some people mooch off the system? Yes. That's the shit we have to deal with. However, if you continue to uplift your entire society, with more education, more rational thought, better critical thinking skills, then eventually our worst will outrank our current best. Look at the best and brightest 2000 years ago, vs the worst we have now; they're on comparable playing fields. Progress is inevitable and continuous.
That being said, I can't fucking stand most people who self-identify as "liberals". Bunch of whiny goddamn idiots who have no fucking common sense about which battles to fight and which to give up. I have never advocated sacrificing another group's rights to advance my own agenda. However, there are times where it makes sense to back off of one battle and reapproach with new positioning, phrasing, etc. Too many militant twats on social media who immediately start screaming "RETARD NAZI" at anybody who remotely disagrees with them, and then wonders why that person doesn't suddenly convert to their way of thinking.
>>
>>717817861
Not really. It still just believes that you are free to make up your own mind

>gay marriage
Sure, up to you

>abortion
Sure, up to you

>gun laws
Sure, up to you, as long as you do not place individuals at risk

>identifying as goatkin
Sure, up to you

>identifying as goatfuckerkin
Sure, up to you. Consenting adults and all that

But that's just personal liberalism. Of course as soon as you start tlaking about economic liberalism things get more complicated. Of course economic liberalist is never used as an insult so we don't have to worry about that, thank god.

But yeah I understand what I mena. It's not what liberalism actually menas, it's the perception of the other side what it means that's important.

I mean, it's not as if when Hilldawg887 calls someone a fucking "cuckservative" that they are accusing him of wanting to maintain conservative values such as the strong family unit or self-reliance; they are more than likely just inferring that they are a close minded bigot who fornicates with livestock or something whilst letting the industrial sector pump toxic sludge into your drinkin water.

Regarding your last point, the Republican Party is a brand, not a philosophical viewpoint. I am sure poeple understand the distinction
>>
>>717824735
*still just means, not believes
>>
>>717811331
yelling, being wrong, and safety spaces.
>>
>>717811331
Source op-pic?
>>
>>717812433
>it means the same thing everywhere
This is how I know you're retarded. Australian liberals refer to people that are socially conservative and pro business similar to US republicans. US liberals are more left wing.
>>
>>717825628

Karl Pilkington
>>
>>717811331
Hi Karl
>>
In freedom and maybe even hope.
>>
Liberals believe in doing what they want to do and not in any authority telling them what not to do ask any hippie they'll tell you...
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.