[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/b/ Lets talk about GTA VI: What city should the game be based

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (74KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 1024x576px
/b/
Lets talk about GTA VI:

What city should the game be based on?
Main character?
Story?
>>
Israel
Moshe
Rise to greatness
>>
Soviet style where you try to get rich in the cumminist shit hole
>>
>>716270696
Chicago
Some black dude
A random day

More violent than all other games combined
>>
>>716270696
I hope they set a GTA in Carcer City at some point
>>
>>716270957
israelian detected
>>
>>716271162
That'd be dope
>>
>>716271223
MA nishma
>>
Aleppo
>>
Every mission, island, city, street, building, car, bike, plane, heli... Everything will be a micro-transaction.
>>
>>716270696
why not use all world
>>
>>716270696
Vice City. Need i say more?
>>
Would be nice to see Miami again.

But Detroit could also be really funny :D
>>
>>716271162
What is that?
>>
>>716271353
Modern Detroit would just be San andreas again but without anywhere but East Los Santos
>>
>>716271162
This tbh
>>
as usual, anything said will be absolute speculation.

I used to work for R*, my NDA was nearly 20 pages of small print legal text. I left in 2008, and the NDA didnt expire till 2013. They take internal security seriously - anyone saying "I work for R*, the game is X ,Y ,Z" is a liar. Breach the NDA, and you're unemployed, and never going to work in the industry in a AAA studio again.

-

that said, what I'd like?

Carcer City (Chicago.) early 1980's. Rust belt, industrial decay. The last gasp of the golden age mafia. Delta Blues on the radio - John Lee Hooker, BB King, Howlin' Wolf. CBGB's rock/punk on another - Blondie, Ramones, Talking Heads. Disco on another, classic rock on another.
No phones, having to use phone boxes again.
Ex-police cruisers sold at a Mount Prospect City auction, a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas. Cigarette lighter doesnt work.

surrounding cities like Flint in collapse. Rivers so polluted they catch fire. Glamorous Vice City on the TV, rain and snow in the streets.

and 106 miles to Carcer City. a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes.

Hit it.
>>
>>716270696
Anywhere with minimal niggers

Cheshire
>>
>>716270696

A young hispanic/black thug drops out school and becomes a little no-name drug dealer... and little by little goes up in the "chain", joining a cartel and eventually giving a "coup d'etat" and ruling the cartel.
>>
>>716271003
>get both the kgb and omoh on your ass when you jaywalk

No thanks.
>>
>>716270696
I heard a rumor a while back that it would be set in a new city based on the Houston/Galveston area, which I thought would be fucking awesome since Houston is a fetid shithole infested with niggardry, making it the perfect setting for the next GTA.
>>
>>716270696
Due to the fact that they seem to like big American cities that have a unique flavor, I could see the next being based on Chicago or New Orleans. Either that or they just lamely rehash a city we've already seen like Vice City.

But I'd really like if they broke the standard format and instead picked a non American city with a unique flavor like Tokyo. Maybe had a story that spanned over a few different Asian cities. Something like that. A very different idea to spice things up a bit.
>>
>>716270696
A Chinese city could be cool. Beijing or Shanghai or whatever. Even Hong Kong. Japan would make for cool world design but it's too clean with not enough crime.
>>
>>716271444
Rockstar's version of Detroit from manhunt
>>
They should make it in an europe city,like barcelona,or paris the game would be awesome,add some terrorism to bring some adrenaline and we have a masterpiece
>>
>Houston Texas(New Austin)
>An undercover DEA agent and a young hispanic cartel member
>Mexican cartels in the usa, undercover trying to take them down from the inside while the other character is trying take over the cartel
>>
>>716270696
Some port based american city. has to be american imo

I would like to see a team like gta5. maybe a group of friends bond together. but it would have to have a girl character. I can't think of like what type of stereotypical girl maybe, some type of rebel tom boy maybe with a sexy side to her

The game should be based on building a drug empire or crime related empire. you have to set up and run the empire. and the wars against the police and other gangs.
>>
>>716271500
Holy shit! You have a knack for scene and storyline. That would actually be really sweet. You can practically sense the desperation in the atmosphere...
>>
Boston.
Main character is a young white kid in the Irish mob who wants to get out of it and pursue a career but his family won't let him. Everyone is very obnoxious, nice mix of city and suburbs, white crime and black crime
>>
>>716271708
>but it would have to have a girl character
Fucking cancer, GTFO faggot. You're killing video games.
>>
>>716271500
I would love this a lot. Late 70's though, not like it's much difference.
>>
>>716271541
ex-R* here again

I know that the art department seriously looked at Tokyo as a possibility for a new title years ago. It was eventually rejected because it would require completely redesigning all the stuff like car brands, and in doing so, it would lose all the established continuity of graphic design. Its just too different to the US to make it an easily understood transition, and the language barrier made signposting etc impossible - I know one QA tester whose role it was to literally drive around the whole of Liberty City, at slow speeds, just checking that every roadsign, street name sign, and junction signal was correct. If it were in japanese, those little details would be impossible for most non-japanese speakers to get.

hence the idea was canned.
>>
>>716271708
I think it'd be fucking awesome if they had some generic hipster chick who starts off ordinary but goes through this Heart of Darkness-like spiral into crime and degeneracy, with gradual changes in her appearance and behavior throughout the game.
>>
>>716271768
I have this problem. i prefer to play female character in games because i like eye candy. I love Tomb raider i sit and look at lara croft mobcap ass walking and running
>>
>>716271708
>>716271740
A combination of these.
American micks are great in crime capers.
>>
>>716271500
I can see why Rockstar would hire someone like you; amazing imagery, anon.

Though as amazing as it is, it'll never sell with the little kiddies who'll beg their parents to buy this game and the fuckbois who are complete modern-tech junkies and like to flash their stuff
>>
>>716270696

I'd like another one set on a time period again. another vice city or San Andrea's rarhee than a numerical installation than a numerical release that's in the present day. A 60s one would be nice seeing as Mafia 3 looks like ass holes and mafia 2 never had true freeroam.
>>
>>716271722
Do you even Blues Brothers newfag?
>>
>>716271247
sabba
>>
If it isn't Vice City, I am killing myself live on camera.
>>
>>716271947
add shit like her going from some Innocent girl. turn into some sexy cold ass killer
>>
>>716272272
No females
>>
Bully 2 should be made b4 that ...even b4 gta v
>>
>>716272303
how about transgender.

omfg. lol jk
>>
>>716272433
fuuug, bully was amazing
>>
>>716271351
that was my first thought :P
>>
Vice city again except with an Arab immigrant teenager who joins a terrorist gang( no isis shit something more unique and innovative)after having his father killed by mercenaries in his homs country and his mother killed by neo nazis
>>
>>716270696

Chicago
A deep dish loving gang banger from the far south side (obviously a nigger)
Does very niggerish crimes and shouts "dem police be oppressin' me fam" when said nigger does something stupid. Maybe have an option in the game to get a woman preggers and be able to apply for certain government benefits and collect a welfare check all while still robbing stores
>>
>>716270696
Infinite GTA in space
>>
>>716272567
dis i will purchase
>>
>>716272272
>>716272045
>>716271947

You're just fucking stupid.

why not making your character completely customizable? Saints Row style. No one knows where you came from, and you start as a bum with amnesia.
Then, after a few decisions you make in your gameplay you start finding out about yourself and turns out you're an asshole.
>>
>>716271513
>input weapon cheat
>equip plastic knife, pad of butter and crumpet
>5 stars
>>
>>716272506
Yeah, and without the pro-homosexual message. Make that arab teenager shoot up a nightclub in vicecity. Good idea anon.
>>
Multicity.
Some germany, some israel, some japan, korea/asia
>>
>>716272433
I would like to see if keep the whole school theme. I just don't see what they can do about the story. how much can a bully do in a school? other than rise to some adhd popular kid of the whole school.
>>
City: Berlin
Main character: Some sandnigger
Story: Driving into a Christmas fairs.
>>
>>716270696
>Orlando
>24yo male Syrian refugee
>Bringing sharia law to Drumpf's America
>>
They can't use San fierro again watchdogs 2 did a pretty bang-up job
>>
>>716272735
It might seem good on paper but none of these individually would get the love they they deserved in creation.
>>
>>716272057
ah, I was "only" an environment artist. I'd have loved to be in the concept teams, but never got that far. Truth be told, working for R* is brutal - there's a bit of a poisonous atmosphere, people get shitlisted for promotion, the hours are insane- especially crunch. I quit because I hit my 30's and wanted a life, instead of sleeping under a desk.

but you're right - I dont think it would sell, nowadays. Tastes have changed - people want that instant gratification of a "mobile phone" interface, and the likes. Stuff like Mafia III has shown that games in the past can be designed, but the problem is, they fucked up the implementation too badly, and so that one has canned it.

its a shame.

Personally, the game I really wanted to create was, about 8-10 years ago, before the zombie craze really took off. I wanted to pitch a persistent multiplayer (not MMO, servers of up to a few hundred players max) survival game set in San Fransisco in 1969, with the city and cars accurately modelled from historic photos. One batch of bad acid rotted the hippies' brains, and they've become flesh-eating zombies. I love the idea of vaulting down San Fransisco's hills in a '68 Dodge Charger while my friend sits in the passenger seat with a sawnoff shotgun, blowing heads off Kaftan-wearing flower power zombies, while Iggy and the Stooges blares from the radio, and we screech into a fortified compound to hole up for shelter for the night, and hope our gang has other members online to defend from the Hells Angel gang from Oakland.
best bit? call the game "Summer of Love"...
>>
>>716270696
there's not gonna be a VI, they're just found to keep working on gta online
>>
File: 4L_996QX8xm.png (1KB, 204x136px) Image search: [Google]
4L_996QX8xm.png
1KB, 204x136px
>>716270696
Chiraq
some nigger
Road to building a drug dealing corporation empire
>>
>>716270696
How about Baltimore. This way, the criminal can just say "I dindu nuffin" and the mayor will give the family money. Cops stop chasing you if you call them racists. It'll be an easy game.
>>
>>716272661
with the amount of acting they have in that game the amount of customization would be limited like how the online character can't talk.
>>
>>716271351
this 100% mint
>>
A mostly natural setting, forests, fields, hills, mountains, desert, off roading, motor bikes, lots of boating and trail blazing, more hunting, rustic as fuck.
>>
Modern Vice City. The character is a former terrorist from ISIS.
>>
Will most likely be Vice City, or some other city they've done in the past just revamped. They seem to hate doing something actually new.

I have absolutely no problem with Vice City to say the least.
>>
In regards to the city, Rockstar will most likely choose Vice City due to it being the only 3D era city to not get an HD rendition. Any other city would be illogical imo.
>>
>>716272984
3 voices for each sex, that would be 6 different actors. I doesn't have to have THAT many options in the narrative aspect. Just three or four endings after meeting certain requirements are enough, and add a lot to the replayability value.

In Saints Row the character is fully voiced. Why can't Rockstar do the same? This is almost 2017, I think it's time to blow our heads off with an amazing game. Doesn't matter if it takes three or four years to make it, I can wait.
>>
>>716272678
The game just stops, because your character feels bad about pulling out the plastic knife in public
>>
>>716273361
have you seen the behind the scenes of rockstars motion capturing
>>
>>716273361
problem with that is, every single element needs to be performed by each character - there's a *vast* amount of technical infrastructure behind each performance in games like GTA - voice acting isnt just reading lines, the entire thing is linked into a mocap rig that's recording movement, facial animation etc- that's more than 10,000 dollars per day. 6 actors, that's a VAST increase of costs - and GTAV cost 260 million to develop, with more than a thousand people working on it.

the content is simply so much its already pushing limits of time/cost,
>>
“We’ve got about 45 years worth of ideas we want to do,” Leslie Benzies, president of Rockstar North, said in a press conference.

FUCK...
>>
>>716273039
Or Vice City, today would be good, but damn that 80's a e s t h e t i c.
>>
>>716271693
Paris would be fucking awesome. Make it some arab half blood get into all the taboo topics of arabs taking over france, no-go zones, basically the most politically incorrect game ever. Sigh, too bad that would never happen. France would try to sue rockstar like they tried to sue fox news the one time they actually were right about something
>>
Boston in the time of Whitey Bulger (70s), starring Packie McReary.
>>
>>716273718
when i think of maimi i think of 80's neon. i don't know if that is from vice city
>>
>>716272914
>chiraq
you're a faggot
>>
>>716273597
>>716273540
No need to make actors "be" the character the way they do now if you're going to customize it entirely.
One body actor for each sex is enough. And "just" reading lines is a lot more cheaper. Silent Hill 2 team made the voice actors "act" the scenes before they went to the sound booth, so they recorded them with the right mind set, and it worked.
>>
>>716273867
huh. when was fox news right about something?
>>
>>716272506
Mohammad, shouldn't you be at a mosque or something.
>>
>>716271513

>GTA VI: Cheshire

10/10 would buy.

killing normie chavs with a butter knife
>>
>>716273884
Neon, and pastel.
>>
>>716274035
The no-go zones in Paris, shit I could hardly find anything about it elsewhere online. It's only from living in France that I got it confirmed by numerous Parisians
>>
>>716274034
sorry, but you simply dont understand how the tech works.

what you think is done, isnt what is done. What you think could be done, is the sort of tech that was abandoned 10-15 years ago as being obsolete tech that doesnt give adequate results.

yes, you could have them "just read lines". and it wouldnt be a AAA-level game. it would be a shitty voice acted joke, like Skyrim's "arrow to the knee" guards.

I worked this business for a decade, saw this tech evolve and mature, and I'm afraid you simply dont understand how its done. hell, I've been out of it for 7 years now, *I* dont understand exactly how it done now.
>>
>>716274282
You're saying a major city has bad neighborhoods? That's incredible!
>>
>>716271705
Now THAT'S something I'd buy. It'd be awesome if they like shortened the trip to places like Galveston or Texas (B)City so you could go there too.
>>
I'd like another one set in England.
Kinda Lock Stock/Snatch style gangster shit.
Would make for a fucking funny and awesome GTA.
>>
>>716274282
and yet every french person I know pisses themselves laughing at the entire idea of "no-go" zones.

there are areas where you shouldn't go. That has nothing to do with them being "muslim" or even that they're all immigrants, its just they're shitty places full of crime, from locals and immigrants alike

In exactly the same way that as a white, pasty-faced european, Compton, or bits of Detroit are "no go" areas.
>>
>>716274282
Huh, as a parisian I will tell you that the guy you were talking about is a fucking moron.

There are suburbs outside Paris that you don't want to go into if you don't belong but the city itself is fine. Où habitiez vous en france?
>>
>>716271162

As a Detroiter, I would love that.
>>
>>716271487

I live in Detroit, thats just not true.
>>
>>716270696
Sigh....I'm scared to ask how old are you.
>>
>>716274459
what are you talking about? explain please how this new amazing tech works, and why what I'm saying can't be done (even though it WAS done before).
>>
File: Silouhette Dan.gif (4KB, 597x605px) Image search: [Google]
Silouhette Dan.gif
4KB, 597x605px
>>716270696
Who else wants an expansive two city with farms and smalls towns in-between and a great Lake?

I propose fictionalised Detroit and Chicago for GTAVI, have an empoverished Detroit as your start point and you work your way up in a gang with the choice to start off as Black, Asian, White or Hispanic/Latino and the choice of being male or female and a third joke choice to keep insane people happy.

So basically take the best parts of GTA and Saints Row.
>>
>>716274984
Nobody here knows anything about Detroit, man. Just let them meme on. There's nothing else you can do.
>>
>>716271351
fuck yes
>>
File: gta-5-vice-city-mod_1920.0.0.png (701KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gta-5-vice-city-mod_1920.0.0.png
701KB, 1600x900px
Revisiting Vice City would be great if they aren't choosing a new location. I also think they should continue with multiple characters. Maybe include a female this time.
>>
How about something outside of the USA? South America or maybe Eastern Europe
>>
>>716272833
You could pitch to an indie dev
>>
>>716275554
Female? What for? So you can kill gigolos and male strippers? Lol
>>
File: MANHUNT1_7558.jpg (43KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
MANHUNT1_7558.jpg
43KB, 350x263px
>>716271162
This
>>
File: 1476132168109.jpg (43KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476132168109.jpg
43KB, 480x720px
>>716270696
Jerusalem
A Knight
Reclaiming the Holy Land
>>
Moscow. Armenian, georgian or similar immigrant making his way to real mafia. Make this!
>>
>>716275339
> explain please how this new amazing tech works, and why what I'm saying can't be done (even though it WAS done before).
short version of it

Old tech: actor speaks into a mic.
Animator then synchs that audio to animations they make for the face and body.

modern tech.
Actor wears a gimp suit with ping-pong balls, and has dots on their face. The entire thing is performed in realtime, they move, they speak, they make facial gestures etc. Each ball and dot is tracked by IR or magnetometric sensors, and the data is all recorded as a file, the points are then automated to make the IK skeleton animate, and the facial animation of the character move.

its vastly more efficient in terms of time, but the equipment costs far more to run. the old system is in no way as effective in creating a believable effect - its far deeper in the Uncanny Valley, and the animation has much less dynamic detail - all the subtle realism is lost.

You could use the old tech, but what you're saying that "it WAS done before" is not true. what was done before was very crude, and its horribly dated now. Go look at the pre-mocap stuff - Vice City, or GTA III, and you'll see how clunky the look is. Even adding a couple of orders of magnitude of polycount will not help, as the overall detail of hand animation is still far lacking - and importantly, takes longer to create - and with your 6 actors, would take vastly longer.
>>
>>716275688
nah, the genre is so over-saturated, I'd never want to see it happen now.

plus, I moved on, left the industry, work as an artist in a completely different field nowadays.
>>
>>716270696
London
Gary
Fresh out of prison
>>
>>716271580
Try sleeping dogs
>>
Amsterdam

>whores
>drugs
>>
>>716272793
2 soon
>>
>>716272627

>Try to steal space ship

>Push off of space station without tether

>Miss spaceship due to incorrect angle/timing

>Drift through endless space forever

>Die
>>
VR compatibility first off
Chiraq
ex gang member, some white guy with a good job sucked into crime, ex mexican cartel member
should have loose ties to GTA V, extending story slightly while happening simultaneously
>>
>>716272433
Bully was a great game
>>
In Canada. The cops would be on horses
>>
>>716276280
There's always room for innovation.
The mo-cap thing is nothing new, and it was done for games like DMC3 and GOW.

The only thing lacking in comparison to more modern techniques is the live action voice recording. But a good voice actor can actually make it sound believable anyways.

The only problem I found are the natural face animations, expresions, and such. Which can't be really well done with all the customization you might add and synch them in a realistic way to the voices, but still can be achieved to a certain extent. I think a little bit of sacrifice in realism of the protagonist expressions can be made, and won't really affect negatively in a substantial way to the final product.
>>
>>716277398

In 1874, yes.
>>
>>716270696
>Main character?
It should be based on Cuckington, faggot.
>>
How about a game set in Los Angeles or New York? Just really change things up.
>>
GTA VI: Gloucestershire

mug a farmer, steal his tractor, get shot by his mum
>>
Eastern europe in the 90s. So called "transition" period from communism to democracy. Drug deals, petrol smuggling, human trafficking all in the post-comunism enviorment trying its best to get western image. And you should be able to bribe politicians, make deal with them not the police only. The character is an ex special commando, or a wrestler that acted as a boddyguard to a famous criminal but survives his assasination and now is on the street looking for job.
>>
>>716270696
Miami
>>
>>716270696
How about it is based in some early western game state. with multiple small western town and a massive western city.
The main character is cowboy.
Main character family get killed by gang of 5. you wake out of a comma multiple years after. you want revenge against the guys that attack you and your family. you find out each run a small town and the leader of the gang is in the major city.
>>
>>716277398
Fuck yes and being chased by Canadian rangers on snowmobiles firing Lee-Enfields at you.
>>
>>716277567

You really do not understand the subject, sorry.

>There's always room for innovation.
yes. Full-body mocap with facial capture IS the innovation. While it will inevitably be replaced by something even more advanced, regressing to the previous technologies is not innovation.

>The mo-cap thing is nothing new, and it was done for games like DMC3 and GOW

and for GTA SA, in its production in 2002-'04. - but that was before face capture. (and before use of IK systems like Naturalmotion's Endorphin for transitionary motion)

the main thing is, they are not, in a 1/4-billion-dollar AAA title ever going to regress the fidelity and quality of animation. If they were to do 6 character actors, then that's going to be done using the absolute best engineering capture systems available right now. And that means cost Vast amounts of it. I worked in the business for a decade, I was part of the team that created the then biggest-selling, billion-dollar game in history. The ideas you're having bear no resemblance to the reality of the industry I worked in. I know you think you understand it, but you really dont. the ideas you're having here are, I'm afraid, just not viable.

on a cheap 50-million dev title, something smaller, yes, you could still use hand animation, plenty do. but not on projects of the scale of GTA V / VI.
>>
>>716278071
Grand theft tracker
>>
>>716278484
So red dead 2?
>>
>>716278572
Yeah. i played red dead revolver not redemption. that plot is revolver
>>
>>716271487
I deduce that : Sin city = San andreas
what you think of the best sin city? Where are you looking for gangsters to kill ? Nobody does... I'm sure they invert the gangsters and the policemen. What a trick, they should have changed the orders in they're head not the countrary...
>>
>>716275765
Haha XD GURLZ R SO DUM!
>>
>>716278709
Never got around to playing revolver, but I need to before rdr2 comes out
>>
File: 20161223_115701-1.jpg (1MB, 2060x2427px) Image search: [Google]
20161223_115701-1.jpg
1MB, 2060x2427px
I heard it was going back to London, but I also heard it was Vice City.
But if it is London I'm going to be very happy
>>
>>716270696
México, Juan Pérez, some cartel shit. Now that would be ambitious.
>>
>>716270696
While GTA online is raking in the bucks they won't bother with another one.
They're suffering from valve syndrome - why bother spending money making a new game while you can make far more cash on microtransactions.
>>
How about that take another 10-15 years and put a mini version of america and just have like each major city in some type of multi island.
>>
>>716279015
I know plenty of the staff who still work there in Edinburgh.

I know for a fact they've been working on 6 for the last year and a bit.
>>
I want 4chan plays the holy city gta on 4chan. Don't kill friends, look for friends, stop the ennemies of the reality.
>>Are you really motivated?
I think 4chan could find against evil
>>Do you declare the war to friends?
I want you like what you show, unless you're a treator to the reality.
>>
>>716270696
New Orleans
A woman/ A transgender/ (wrong?) Convicted catholic child molester (just got out of prison)
They are 3 childs for the mafia boss on the city. After the death of the father, they fight for power. the Forth son is war hero, medal of honor recipient, that do not want to get involved.
>>
>>716279105
I was here with mantra on 4chan. Hope you feel good now.
>>
-San Francisco or Los Angeles in the late 60s, early 70s
-Maybe a Hunter S. Thompson Character with more crime. Or a failed Rockstar with a drug problem
-Story about Rock'n'Roll, Drugs, Occult and Serial Killers like Manson, Vietnam...
>>
We either back in vice city or maybe some foreign, non american country? somewhere that would normally be in a far cry game? although, i suppose thatd be too much plants and animals than gta usually is. although i would like to see GTA outside of liberty city, los santos and vice city.
>>
>>716272678
Extremely underrated post
>>
>>716278911
did gta london actually sell in the us?
>>
>>716270696
there hasnt been any DLC, Rockstar better produce
>>
>>716270696
Some mexican gang and cartel shit
>>
>>716270696
Fuck off Fraghero.
>>
>>716271500
>>716271722
>>716271854
>>716272057

>late 70s/early 80s
>central city is Carcer City, based off Chicago and Detroit
>outlying, smaller cities based off of Flint, Milwaukee, Cleveland/Cincinnati
>tons of wide open countryside and farm land
>rust belt aesthetic
>MC is an all American criminal based off of Jimmy Caan in Thief, Danny the Irishman Greene and other blue collar criminals of the period
>decline of the golden age of the Mafia
>wide sweeping storyline
>afros and muttonchop sideburns
>Canadian tuxedos and polyester suits
>in game blizzards and torrential downpours

9/11 would play
>>
>>716271059
Nigga, Its Chi-raq, nigga.

Dialogue sounds like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNWUn1nM1rg

and the road construction is never finished
>>
>>716271351
only if there is an airboat and everglades section

and crossbow/bow weapon option
>>
>>716270696
Compton
>>
>>716271059
Bumping for Chi-Raq
Wanted this for a while now
>>
>>716280683
Chi-Raq, HAHAHA
>>
>>716271708
Rockstar is probably sick to death of feminists, if they make a female character she will be a useless whore just to spite that group of cry babies. Rockstar makes it's money by being anti establishment and counter cultural. There is nothing more establishment culture than feminism. They will continue to defy it and as such they will likely steer clear of ridiculous female characters and continue with paper thin fuck trope NPC, like how women are in real life.
>>
>>716270696
I'd like a Vice City remake before.
>>
>>716272433
bully 2: military school

Jimmys rise in the ranks of the military.

Classes in assembling and disassembling landminds, proper use of large caliber firearms, tanks, and laser-guided low orbit sattelite tactical nukes, and pack packing.

have a character that goes through a 'full metal jacket' breakdown.
>>
>Gta VI-ce city.

THEY JUST CAN'T PASS THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!
>>
>>716272735
this is actually an interesting idea.

be an ex-seal or mossad or some shit and you get flashback missions or some other shit basically giving a reason for the character(s) background in firearm and explosive use.

It would also allow for the character to be multi-lingual. so you have contacts in those foreign speaking places (giving an option to how you want to approach a situation, meaning, you know the language but act coy and understand the shit they are saying thinking you dont understand. That would allow you to make decisions before an action, rather than having to make it after the action)
>>
>GTA Vice City
>I wasn't such a big fan of GTA V's 3 character rule. Although they were great characters.
>Make it one dude.
Don't be a faggot like Watch Dogs and do the story as you please. Don't censor your own game also, but this is Rockstar we're talking about so we good.
>>
>>716281428
>GTA XVIce City

heuhehuieh
>>
We probably won't see the next Grand Theft Auto till 2020. Which is great cause I know they're taking their time.
>>
File: 1470852592250.jpg (61KB, 734x871px) Image search: [Google]
1470852592250.jpg
61KB, 734x871px
>>716281428
>>
>>716271500
the cringe is real
>>
Liberty State
Or wherever Vice is located
>>
File: 1464139645332.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1464139645332.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>716272265
This gave me a good laugh friend
>>
It's going to be another part of San Andreas. Probably San Fierro.
>>
>>716276436
I second this.

Who doesn't want a protagonist called Gary?
>>
>>716280955
every female in GTA have been whores, psychos or psycho whores.

Reading your post makes me hope that they will go against this thread just to spite you personally.

Just you.

You gigantic faggot.
>>
>>716270696
I haven't read the thread, so maybe Im not saying anything new, but...

>Base it on Chicago. Make it bigger and more accurate than Watchdogs. Hell, include some of the suburbs. Make Gary, Indiana some sort of hidden area, accessible only by crossing lake Michigan or something.

>Have several main Characters. Dapper typical mobster, hyperviolent nigger gang-banger, and Boricua ex-gang member who wants to make up for his past sins.

>story? Idk, different gangs fight for power. Niggers just wind up killing all the other niggers.
>>
Boston late 90's.
Irısh guy and a corrupted asian detective taking down russian mob.
>>
File: 1476183845127.png (2MB, 1049x925px) Image search: [Google]
1476183845127.png
2MB, 1049x925px
>>716270957
>>
Rather than a single city, make it the whole damn country. A few densely populated cities in between hundreds of miles of rural heartland. You could steal an airplane and fly from Maine to California if you wanted to. You would travel across the country as you progress through the story. You create your own character a la saints row. Also the campaign is similar to mass effect in that you choose you're characters reaction to situations, allowing for multiple possible storylines/endings. Here's the kicker though: single player and online are combined. When you enter the game, other players are already in the game with you. Of course there would be something similar to a peaceful mode for those who simply want to progress through the story/play alone. You could enter a game, play a story mission or two, then go off and fuck around with your friends for a while. All on the same server.
>>
>>716282912
No Man's Auto.
>>
>>716271722
>>716271854
>>716272057
>>716280261
None of you kids have ever seen Blues Brothers.
>>
>>716283068
Are you implying that Rockstar wouldn't load up their game full of period pop culture references, like they do with every game, especially GTA? Vice City is literally Scarface the Video Game. San Andreas is crammed full of overt references from early 90s gangsta movies and scenes taken right from Con Air and Ocean's 11.

Try not to be so stupid next time
>>
>>716270696
Anything but New York, Miami or Los Angeles
>>
>>716283303
I don't know dude. I've never played any GTA games.
>>
>>716270696
> Denver
> Charlie
> Selling LSD to save your sister from disease, get caught up in underground world, get fucked over by corrupt police, excape.

The ending you basically go to the courthouse or capital bldg or whatever to assassinate the cop that screwed you over during a senator's speech or something. Very gay, but rough drafts often are.
>>
>>716278398
A former KGB crime boss in post soviet Russia would be an interesting character
>>
>>716270957
sorry moshe,
no take any offense but maybe is a more appropriate a CoD game for your region. GTA is a criminal game not a terrorist simulator.
>>
>>716283009
Except you could actually find other people
>>
>>716271938

I always figured the major problem was that you couldn't really parody Japan in the same way. The guns and drugs and violence. How does the situation arrive that some guy walks into Shibuya with a rocket launcher and a tank comes to kill him?
>>
>>716270696
allpo or middle east country

would be cool doing terrorist or american missions in a war zone with american weapons and militery vehicals
>>
>>716271539
If it was gonna be Texas it'd be Dallas probably Denton as small second city. Plenty of farmland/country side. Dallas is where plus if you do Dallas you could realistically put the casino in Folklahoma as its only about an hour and 20 minutes out.
>>
>>716283781
Well maybe you should check yourself next time. A GTA game set in the 70s would be full of references and quotes from popular movies of the times. There would most definitely be some Blues Brother references, especially if it was set in Chicago.

So whether or not any of us have seen Blue Brothers is beside the point, the post we are replying to is accurate either way. It's called flavor text.
>>
>>716280663
With a Cuba like island you can fly to.
>>
>>716275765
Stack money by being a prostitute then murdering a bunch of drug dealers to get your crack fix for free.
>>
>based in england
>main character ahmed
>story: rape the most white schoolgirls
>>
>>716270696
Scunthorpe.
>>
Liberty city and los santos combined. Ability to fly back and fourth to each city.
>>
>>716271351
Upvote
>>
>>716270696
I've always wanted to see something in the 60s, based in an area like Jersey, Philly, or Boston. Old school Italian, Irish, and Jewish gangs.
>>
>>716271059
I want the main character to be a rapper who gets into a gang fight and has to kill whoever shot his brother, yunno, nigger hood shit
>>
>>716285464
>main character is basically Griselda Blanco, the Godmother, but hotter
>prostitute, drug mule and thief
>her pimp boyfriend double crosses her
>she kills him during a meet
>takes over his shit
>ends up having to kill her next few boyfriends because
>has a crew of loyal killers who would die for her
>keeps them loyal with dat pussy
>builds a ruthless empire on top of a pile of bodies
>fapping to hardcore scenes of your female PC getting railed out

i like it already
>>
Pacific north west
>>
File: VICE.webm (529KB, 1424x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VICE.webm
529KB, 1424x1080px
>>716270696
you know this is what you want
>>
the next one will be in texas.

bet
>>
>>716285892
Actually those are doable and possible but to the guy who said Texas is sorry but that will never happen. Detroit or Chicago are possible too though.
>>
>>716286172
Yeah i would love some extended Vice City-setting. Also that title pun is too obvious to pass up
>>
>GTA VI
>six main characters
>six cities, each with expansive countryside
>can fly/drive to every city
>for the most part each protagonist has their own city
>have to work your way up the criminal empire any which way you can
>at some point you can work with, for, or against other playable characters
>can build a gigantic nationwide syndicate
>or can take each other out competing for the biggest empire
>one of the playable characters is an undercover FIB agent
>another of the playable characters is a cop with a good cop / bad cop morality type system
>game can end in any number of ways
>all the main characters working together for a huge profit to control the underworld across the nation
>some main characters work against others
>some take others out
>series of double and triple crosses that leave multiple main characters dead
>all the main characters get whacked out by one other
>some get arrested, some get whacked out, one or two rise to the absolute top
>the undercover FIB agent takes down his target
>his cover is blown and he has to be whacked
>he goes rogue and splits from the FIB and sets up his own thing
>in depth empire/syndicate building
>if you can think or dream it, you can do it
>everything from hijacking trucks and fencing loads to pulling off heists and setting up massive drug running ring
>>
>>716271500
the amount of people who didn't get the blues brothers reference is troubling
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.