[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why???

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 23

File: IMG_7201.jpg (36KB, 490x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7201.jpg
36KB, 490x206px
Why???
>>
File: scarred forever.png (493KB, 525x453px) Image search: [Google]
scarred forever.png
493KB, 525x453px
>>714284424
Christ, putting "Atheism" on the filter list wasn't enough.
Go play heretics and inquisitors somewhere else pls
>>
File: s2pfum.jpg (31KB, 453x512px) Image search: [Google]
s2pfum.jpg
31KB, 453x512px
>>
>>
File: 1480134113356.jpg (71KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
1480134113356.jpg
71KB, 564x423px
>>
File: BeatTheMeatles.jpg (335KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BeatTheMeatles.jpg
335KB, 1024x1024px
>>714284424
>>
>>714284424
Atheism: the belief that there is no higher conscious entity that created the universe
because that would be silly
>>
File: happy yonaka.png (512KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
happy yonaka.png
512KB, 638x479px
>>714284791
But anon, it's pretty unlikely that the world came out of nothing. I'm with you on the religions being silly political constructs, but don't you even want to consider that there might be a higher being that created it all?
>>
>>714284585
Is that a potato bug? I have only found one of those in my entire life.
>>
File: wasp.jpg (45KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
wasp.jpg
45KB, 560x375px
>>714285000
Yeah dude, there's a bunch of these around here. Fits right into my Bug Folder.
>>
>>714284964
Atheism does not say there is nothing, it simply rejects the concept that there is something until evidence is provided.

It is not IMPOSSIBLE that there was a higher power, but quantum physics is crazy enough and complex enough (on top of being incomplete) that we may very well find out that the universe did spontaneously come from nothing through weird quantum mechanics.
>>
>>714284964
Don't you want to consider that the world only became spherical after the fell Numenoreans' attempted invasion of the Undying West, and that miracles only ended after the last of the Eldar departed from the Grey Havens?
>>
>>714284964
Of course it didn't come from nothing.

It was created from the materials in a space cloud that twisted together due to the gravity that the particles themselves induced.
>>
>>714284964
No, that's silly, maybe there was a "thing" in the beginning, but certainly not a "being" that purposefully created an infinite desolate universe with 1, or maybe a couple more planetary specks with activity.
>>
Nobody fucking cares
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 246x138px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 246x138px
>>714285078

But this is a great explanation on quantum mechanics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjBK1Gfz05o
>>
>>714285000
Pretty sure it's a weta.
>>
File: theyre baiting.jpg (110KB, 620x710px) Image search: [Google]
theyre baiting.jpg
110KB, 620x710px
>>714285078
It's a possibility, but again it's a theory. For all we know though the creation of everything out of nothing was the higher power's will.
>>714285180
Where'd these particles come from, anon?
>>714285225
Maybe. We'll never know. But let's discuss anyway, anon.
>>
>>714284791
It is silly. No, wait. It's not. It's stupid, actually.
>>
The definition has been in the encyclopedia of philosophy for ages, the only reason many Atheists don't accept it is because the real definition implies a burden of proof, and Atheists know they have no good positive arguments so they resort to "Oh it's just a lack of belief"
>>
File: gtfo.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>714285078
You do realize, you're talking to 12yo kid trolling or a fucking retard?
Don't do that. The tard feels like his life actually means something when you do.
>>
>>714285315
Here's an idea: take a few science classes and learn from someone who knows these. Random webtards aren't likely to have all the answers and some of us are just going to be dicks to you for asking questions that have been answered millions of times before.
>>
Rolling for op to commit the unforgivable sin
>>
>>714284424
1) Stop Trolling
2) (On the small chance) You're actually this stupid, read a book or do some research. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: bruh.png (250KB, 640x480px)
bruh.png
250KB, 640x480px
>>714285360
Why not just call yourself agnostic?
>>714285329
The things the masses have been believing in general are pretty stupid, imo. Though it's kind of stupid to act like there's no possibility of some kind of a creator existing out there.
>>714285462
I mean, it's all theories I'm going to be learning in science classes, correct me if I'm wrong but all these answers are theoretical.
Not that I could afford science class.
>>
File: ohgod.png (114KB, 288x370px) Image search: [Google]
ohgod.png
114KB, 288x370px
>>
>>714285315
The particles likely didn't "come from" anything, time is a human construct, there is no time, it has no beginning and it has no end.
The particles did not appear there nor did they start there, they were just there.
A concept impossible for humans to grasp due to our perception of time.
>>
>>714285537
>Why not just call yourself agnostic?
I dunno, good question

I think it has to do with the fact that Atheists don't want God to exist, so even having an open mind about it is not an option.
>>
>>714285315
>Where the particles?
They were ejected from a nearby system. I could look it up, but the question you'll ask makes it fairly inconsiquential, so I'll reside with not knowing that detail.

You can trace all matter back to the supermass that originally exploded during the big bang, which is the event that caused the knowable universe.

It's worth noting that the knowable universe isn't the begining. It's simply as far back as our current methods of observation can take us.
We can easily hypothesize, or arguably we've theorized, that before the big bang, there was a similarly big collapse. Were everything in the unknown universe that existed before our current knowable universe was drawn together into a singluar supermass. This is likely the unltimate fate of our universe, which will end it, only to cause the next one to spring forth.

Gravity, man.
>>
>>714285691

Because Gnosticism and Theism are two different things.

I am Atheist and admitted agnostic.

I don't believe in God or gods but I can't know.
>>
File: oh well.png (34KB, 319x316px) Image search: [Google]
oh well.png
34KB, 319x316px
>>714285666
So to put it easier, they were there all along, existing outside of time or something? Isn't time like defined by gravity? I think I saw something about that on Discovery.
Still doesn't rule out the original idea of my post, though. Still, thanks for the fun chat!
>>714285691
Fair enough. Maybe there is a better, more specific term for what you described, though I dunno where to look.
>>714285790
You mean the Big Crunch, right? I believe I've heard that our universe is doomed to end itself like that, too. Until the next one to come around that is.
What about particle decay tho?
>>
>>
I don't understand it so it has to be magic!
>>
>>714285078
That's agnosticism, atheism DOES reject that there is something EVEN if there is no evidence provided. It's the other extreme spectrum of being religious.
>>
File: weeaboo.png (899KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.png
899KB, 500x376px
>>714286142
I live in the country right beside Armenia. Sometimes the way they behave makes you feel like they deserved the genocide.
> iFunny watermark
> Can this really be any more ironic?
>>714286162
D-does that make quantum mechanics magical?
>>714286265
Atheism elitists are just as bad as religious elitists tbh
>>
>>714286367
Indeed
>>
The fact that people fall for this shit bait posted over and over again and the retarded things said in this thread convinces me that this board is full of dumb people
>>
>>714286510
I mean, the discussion in this thread feels a little more civil than usual. It's an alright way to spend your time when it's 4 am and you're a little drunk.
Feel free to scream at us about how our beliefs are autistic and how we should kill ourselves by the way.
>>
File: utopia.jpg (1MB, 2259x1563px) Image search: [Google]
utopia.jpg
1MB, 2259x1563px
dump your bugs
>>
>>714286367
>D-does that make quantum mechanics magical?
No, humans understand quantum mechanics, but before we did, some of the things it relates to were probably attributed to magic.
>>
>>714286031
>particle decay
The process by which an atom loses mass spontaneously becoming a less massive element?
What about it?
Oh.

The pieces all remain in the universe. When they find themselves in contact with enough energy (like getting absorbed into a star or something), they may find themselves becoming more massive elements again.
>>
File: kurai yonaka.png (132KB, 512x512px)
kurai yonaka.png
132KB, 512x512px
>>714286718
We don't understand half of it, last time I checked. But alright.
>>714286747
Fair enough. I saw a video about it somewhere before, you might find it interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFm6DxNVyI
>
>
>
>
> I'm out of official art for this character
>>
I don't like to conform with groups that try to tell me how to live my life. I have the confidence to wake up each day and say God Damn it I'm going to make my own motherfucking path in life.
>>
>>714286906
>We don't understand half of it, last time I checked. But alright.
THE POINT IS, that we do not just lazily attribute the parts we don't understand to magic.
Religion was created as a scapegoat so that people could "understand" why things work the way they do so they didn't have to try and grasp that their existence has no meaning.
>>
>>714284424
i hope you die :)
>>
>>714286906
>We don't understand half of it, last time I checked. But alright.

We "understand" quantum theory as well as it can be understood at this point - that is we know it describes how nature works at the fundamental level very precisely. All the different interpretations of it are metaphysics and hence moot from the point of view of physics.
>>
>>714284424
>>
>>714286265
Sorry friend but you've got your definitions wrong.
Agnostics acknowledge religions but don't follow any. Atheists, as >>714285078 said, want evidence before they will believe anything. What your confusing atheism with is nihilism, which is the absolute rejection of all religion.
https://www.google.com/#q=nihilism
>>
File: im out of official art.jpg (45KB, 480x621px) Image search: [Google]
im out of official art.jpg
45KB, 480x621px
>>714287085
Yeah, that I can understand. Thanks for clarifying, anon. Pretty sure that Abrahamic religions though became popular because they appealed to the masses, rather than making a lot of sense. The Romans popularized Christianity for the same reason, not because Constantine I believed in a man that died and came back to life in three days. If you ask me Buddhism is the dope religion.
>>714287206
Maybe we'll understand it someday.
>>
Atheism really is just the rejection of the intelligent design theory.

It's not that we don't want gods to exist, we simply cannot be convinced that a god is required to explain the existence of the universe.

People talk about there being nothing before there was something and everything came from the nothing. They talk about "nothing" as if it were some kind of thing. Nothing is the absence of all things. "Nothing" is an idea, it can not be replicated or studied because as far as science can deduce, nothingness is impossible, there simply must always be something.
>>
>>714287627
Buddhism is great, speaking of which actually, the past few months I've considered seeking enlightenment as a means to leave my everlasting state of depression, but that's a big jump I have to be 100% willing to make.
>>
>>714288059
Just read up on the topic more, see if it actually feels like something you can firmly believe. Wikipedia is your friend. If there are Buddhists were you live, talk to em. You can always change back if the faith doesn't suit you, no need to stress over it. Also decide which one suits you best, there's several sub-faiths.
>>
>>714288059
>>714287085
>>714286906
>>714286718
>>714286265
>>714284424

science and religion fighting over our belief, humanity's collective faith. realize you are not opposites but in fact one and the same, you desire the same exact thing, the faith of all humanity.

Your bait only serves to antagonize conflict because you profit from the resulting destruction.
>>
>>714284424
because there is no need to define a non thing
>>
>>714288229
I live in Canada BC, it's like California people-wise, but it's cold and wet, no Buddhists here.
>>
>>714287780

you're halfway retarded. the hexagon is prevalent in the "intelligent design". it's beautiful. it shapes the benzene molecule--one of our most valuable molecules--as well as the incredibly massive formation on saturn. THOSE things are from "intelligent design" but they're also just basic rule based "have to be that way" shit.

i personally believe that we're in a recording. i saw the future at least 4-6 months early once and it involved not simple "deja vu" but a scene i was disgusted with and woke up fuming about and was upset by all day. i lived in faggot land of northern california and thought that faggots had invaded my mind and made me want to hang out with a fluorescent shirt wearing cowboy trucker back in arizona because i saw him coming around a corner in a strange apartment holding a beer. i was SO fucking pissed. i did LSD all the time and smoked GOOD weed because i made a ton of money but 4-6 months later i quit my job and moved back to arizona. i met an old buddy who took me to a stranger's house. stranger became my new weed dealer and at his house some guy some me a strip of LSD. that was my first chance to get a good weed and LSD hookup. then, stranger DEMANDED that we go with him to deliver a bag of weed to some OTHER strange place and... fucking cowboy in a fluorescent shirt comes around the corner holding a beer.

we have no free will. the future is predestined. this IS a "simulation". there is NO "god" of this "machine". the fact that people pretend to believe in a god--it's obvious that they're faking--and all the OTHER bullshit of our world is just something to LEARN from. we ARE in "the matrix". it's either rehabilitation or education.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnuYq_NZ5RU
>>
>>714288327
The first, second, and fourth things you replied to are all me, theist faith is completely ludicrous, it's called ignorance, I do not desire the faith of all humanity, I have no faith in humanity, but perhaps through the path of enlightenment I could find faith in myself.
Novel concept really.
>>
File: 15256458845.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
15256458845.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URwL_nxYl1k
This is just religious warfare to distract hipsters and have them argue over something meaningless.
If you fall for this you are automatically stupid so why discuss who is dumber.
>>
>>714288367
I wonder if there's online consultancies.. Good luck in your search, anyway! Depression is nasty as shit.
I wouldn't know what the states are like, I live in the middle east. The less war-torn side of it thankfully.
>>
>>714288598
The people in California, and by extension rural BC are shitty, whiny, narcissistic, sheep mentality invalids who are oblivious to everything outside of their own vanity.
>>
>>714288715
That sounds like an average person in here too tbh. Even the weather is the same.
>>
File: EmmaWatsonDawkins.jpg (47KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
EmmaWatsonDawkins.jpg
47KB, 640x359px
Atheists are degenerates by default. Here is a perfect example of two atheist men who have been corrupted to the point of irredeemable homoerotica:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0-IEpmiKH0
>>
>>714284424
Just curious, has it been the same person posting for the last year(s) or do people take turns?
>>
>>714289777
bot and a couple of autists

when people post they usually defend 1 side, and then this information is stored and sold.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.