[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in god?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 51

File: 062b63ee.jpg (35KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
062b63ee.jpg
35KB, 599x337px
Do you believe in god?
>>
god or no god, who gives a shit?
>>
GOD IS ALL THERE IS
>>
I belibe I belibe, I beliebe in got
>>
>>714015068
Investigate 3/11
>>
>>714015068
Yes, but Odin not YHVH.
Odin invented the Runic alphabet, YHVH cannot into vowels.
What the fuck kind of god cannot into vowels?
>>
>>714015068
There is no conveyable truth or absolutes within our subjective realities, so to believe in anything is fallacious.

One can have justified true beliefs, the closest to truth we have as humans, and there is no justification to absolutely believe god does(or doesn't) exist.

Given the current evidence I've seen, a God probably does not exist.
>>
>>714015068
Yeah, all nine divines.
>>
File: tears.jpg (79KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
79KB, 675x1200px
7/11 was a part-time job
>>
>>714015068
to Americans god is Yahweh, to Indians he is Vishnu, to Arabs he is allah. The truth does not act this way, in America 2+2=4, in India, and in the Arab world 2+2 is also 4.

You see the funny thing about the truth is that it will remain true, even if you weren't raised to believe it. The truth does not require indoctrination, communities, traditions, institutions, governments, apologetics, stigmatization, tribalism, incentives, or punishments. Yet without these things religion would utterly disappear, never to resurface. The truth however will remain true and available to be discovered even if nobody spreads it. Whether it be by the edge of a sword, the point of a gun, the explosion of a bomb, or from a parent to a child.

maybe one day, religious people will ask themselves why religion requires so many dirty tricks to be believed.
>>
>>714018344
rly makes you think
>>
>>714019078
im glad, thought for a while on that one.
>>
>>714019153
rly stimulates the grey matter
>>
>>714015068
No.
But what I think is, considering the size of the universe, that there are some civilizations, that have reached a level of technology and meta-understanding/knowledge, that that have "god-like" capabilities, and can, within given frameworks of laws of physics, do some tremendous feats
>>
File: 1458703983685.jpg (27KB, 397x600px) Image search: [Google]
1458703983685.jpg
27KB, 397x600px
>>
>>714015068
I've seen too many matt dillacunty rekts videos to even have blind faith anymore. still wondering if im somehow wrong though, and because i can never know, it bugs tf outta me
>>
Most people are stupid.

There is no god, no spooks, no ghosts, no spirits, no miracles, no destiny, the "meaning of life" is procreation, everything on earth must kill everything on earth just to survive, there IS such a thing as a stupid question, and size does matter, time travel is not possible, there is no future, only the present and the past.
>>
>>714018344
>>714020273
scientism
>>
File: church.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
church.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>714020273
And it's vital everyone else agree with you, right kiddo?
>>
>>714015068
yea
>>
>>714015068
>god
not
>gods
>>
>>714021053
>>714016777
>>714021148
take a note from
>>714018344
>>
>>714021228
the day I take religious notes from sweaty neckbeard on 4chan is the day I end up like some beta neckbeard like yourself.
>>
>>714021450
cant find a flaw in my argument, goes in for ad hominem attack. good job proving your point, side note you are also on 4chan, what does that say about you?
>>
>>714021554
when it comes to subjective things like religion there is no such thing as a solid argument. It means i'm also a neckbeard like yourself, but when it comes to my resolve on god, i'm not sweating.
>>
File: 1316154154262.jpg (69KB, 450x634px) Image search: [Google]
1316154154262.jpg
69KB, 450x634px
>>714018344
You don't find it frightening that in your ode to secularism? Three of your four examples were extreme violence.

Religion is not good but it certainly teaches moral laws that while they should be part of our basic existence? Really they are not.

In Nature Lions devour Gazelles. This alone shows that to fall to our natural instincts would actually result in Evil.

The strong survive off the weak, Mercy is non existent. To kill only to eat or to avoid being eaten would still leave us in a constant state of war.
Persoanlly with out further clarification from our Creator. I am not a real fan, regardless of his using the name Yahweh or All which are both names of the same God the God of Abraham whom both Christians and Muslims refuse to see is the same God.

He has chosen to create a world where life eats life to survive and to leave his will for us as a most ambiguous thing. I worship him because I respect Christ and his teachings not because I actually like God. I have many questions for God and if I do not like the answers I will gladly extend my middle fingers to both him and Lucifer for drawing us all in to their arrogant and asinine war.
>>
>>714021845
lions eating gazelles has nothing to do with good or evil. That's a pretty big leap friend
>>
>>714015068
look at this fucking website
you really think theres a god ?
>>
>>714022049
Look at all the billions of planets we have observed in the known universe, out of all the earth like planets this one is not only the only one with intellegent life but the only one with life , at all. we had to have come from somewhere, whatever this weird mental cage we call consciousnesses is.
>>
>>714015068
Yes
>>
File: hemustbeaking..jpg (17KB, 354x142px) Image search: [Google]
hemustbeaking..jpg
17KB, 354x142px
>>714022027
It is evil...

One life form has to kill another to survive.

It happens from basic one cells up to the largest of mammals.

No stretch at all.

The Creator either made it all or allowed it to be made. Do I blame Lucifer or the one who made him? This existence is a joke and is about to become far worse. The available guides and instructions are fat too numerous and conflicting.

But yeah Evil and Good are in all things.

When you decide or do a thing you may or may not decide if it is evil or not but how you do the thing can still be good or evil.

If you do just well enough but no more it is evil is it not? If you do not always do your best in all things then you have failed.

Points to ponder.
>>
I do now
>>
>>714022548
What would be evil would be if the Lion killed the gazelle for pure fun. No, the lion kills the gazelle so that it can absorb its nutrients and keep going. It has nothing to do with wanting the Gazelle harm or damning the world it simply is.
>>
>>714015068
yes firmly, although it's probably just myself.
>>
File: 1471211662589.jpg (121KB, 750x545px) Image search: [Google]
1471211662589.jpg
121KB, 750x545px
>>714022878
While it is not common in the wild?

Cat's do in fact kill for pleasure when prey is numerous enough.
>>
>>714021845
lets systematically devour your horsehit k?

Yes, because the truth is religion is spread in various ways, 78% of all terror according to the global terrorism index is religious. Which is why its important to take into account the atrocities religion is happy to create and abide by.

ok how about some more of your morality, in Deuteronomy 22:20-21 it staes "But if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel by playing the harlot in her father's house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you. or some other great verses about getting killed for wearing two different types of linens or planting two different kinds of plants to close to each other. or perhaps some quran examples like quran verse 22:19 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water melt their skin and bellies." really showing me some classic religious morality.

No, Lions eat gazelles because they evolved to digests enzymes within gazelles, that segues into the idea of murder morality. so to you i pose a question, is murder wrong because its wrong, or is it wrong because god says its wrong. if its wrong because its wrong morality doesn't require god but if its wrong because god says its wrong morality requires god.

Doesnt the strong and weak system your god put forth only show a right of birth viewpoint, furthering an idea that god isnt just, but rather requires favorites, and applie special rules/restrictions to that group.

the way you describe it, all have different texts behind them, different ideas, different origins. There is not more than one truth for only one truth on the topic can exist.

yes god did create a world designed for the creation of original sin cont.

Lions devour gazelles, because lions evovled to feed off other organisms, not because of
>>
>>714023308
God created a world which seemed to focus on an advanced knowledge of original sin, creating animals which both need to kill to survive, but do so wrapping back to the reason of murder being wrong.

you saw his teachings already, fuck off friendo.
>>
>>714023104
meet
>>714018344
>>
>>714023308
Remember the old saying about being the smartest person in the room?
>>
>>714023877
>hey read this unoriginal fedorashit
>>
>>714023279
That' doesn't disprove god, that only reinforces the fact that somethings can be 'evil' or better yet, give into evil...
>>
>>714024134
how so? beyond that can you say how what its saying is wrong?
>>
>>714024122
i doubt im in the wrong room, rather i think its better to stop the resurgence of far right wing Josh Feuerstein lunatics to come out of the woodwork like this is a bush presidency.
>>
File: atheist lifestyle.jpg (58KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
atheist lifestyle.jpg
58KB, 500x497px
reminder
>>
>>714024433
yes Christians are retards, no one was doubting this.
>>
File: atheism suicide.png (17KB, 470x298px) Image search: [Google]
atheism suicide.png
17KB, 470x298px
>>714024263
>if you take away religion people won't be religious
>raising your children to believe in a higher purpose and a moral code is brainwashing and probably child abuse goyim
>>
>>714023877
>yes firmly, although it's probably just myself.
I'm not Christian. I'll have to elaborate here, I do believe in God, but I'm pretty certain it's probably just myself who's god.

protip: never do mindfulness meditation 24/7 while smoking pot while you are genetically vulnerable to psychosis because schizo runs in your family, cause you might have an awakening experience of a sorts, and are fucked in the head for life.

In another time I'd probably be a prophet or something, in today's secular time I remain an agnostic. I can't be sure if what I experienced as God, is just a bigger part of myself (my subconscious that manifested itself consciously during psychosis), or if it really can be attributed to something external like a collective unconsciousness.

Anyways if I have any point at all or a rebutal to the post you linked me to it would be that there is indeed something you can experience as God out there, or rather deep inside in you. If it's real or part of your own psyche is of course up for debate and bring us right back to where we started, but the idea of God and religion isn't just made up from nothing, but stems from our own experiences.

So religious truth doesn't always require violence, for it to be experienced I would recommend a high dosage of Psilocybin and a trip to the church, for starters. Also God, Allah, Vishnu, just different names for the same hard to define concept.
>>
>>714021845
Just because you can be stupid on the Internet, doesn't mean you have to
>>
File: 1471039826413.jpg (89KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471039826413.jpg
89KB, 500x600px
>>714023308
Well then you are barking up the wrong tree because I >>714021845 am a liberal not a conservative.
>>
>>714015068
I just watched this video
>>
>>714024806
oh more horseshit to debunk my favorite. Lets start off by saying "Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position", Finally lets get to the meat of suicide rate stats you put forth, first problem is that your graph has no source for its information, didnt find shit reverse image searching nor trying to find the stats you listed. Finally, your statistics go as far back as 1985, thirty years ago, to say this graph is even relevant would still be a fucking leap. Furthermore, by the time someone is insane enough to commit suicide, do you think they are going to believe an ethereal sky daddy whose spent his lifetime sitting back watching the suicidal person getting fucked by his surroundings really matters to him? No its not child abuse, but quality christian books like "how to train a child" that were written for christian parents have unsurprisingly been linked to deaths. Finally i pose the same question i did before, is murder wrong because its wrong, or is it wrong because god says its wrong. if its wrong because its wrong morality doesn't require god but if its wrong because god says its wrong morality requires god.
>>
>>714015068
yes and no, i believe in spirituality and moral code directed by the teachings of jesus christ and various other figures (avoid lust, greed, rage and general shittiness while focusing on helping others and trying to form positive relationships in life). the idea that there is no rhyme or rhythm to the universe seems sad and seeing as how our understanding of the existence is so limited i believe it would be foolish to completely rule out higher beings. the nexus between religion and science will always be the origin of the universe, we did it all come from. both try to tell us there was essentially nothing then there was something. everything has to have a beginning but that doesnt make sense either.
>>
>>714025701
abstience is in fact a postion on sex though.
>>
>>714025541
thats your fucking response? jesus fucking christ. Where did i at all mention i gave a flying shit about your political viewpoints? do i even get a response back to the murder question, nope just a "im not a conservative" seriously, that was so much effort just wasted.
>>
>>714025701
You took the bait pretty easily.
>>
>>714025821
no, its not having sex. its like saying "well the sun is equivalent in mass too a teapot" its asinine and patently ridiculous.
>>
>>714026013
yea, it's chosing not to participate in sex. Thus it's a position on sex.
comparing the sun to a teapot and their mass is by far the most far fetched analogy i've ever heard.
>>
>>714015068
FUCK yeah nigga
>>
>>714025191
not really in the mood to argue with you, enjoy your hippie ideology, unless you want to kill someone/have a big religious following behind you i dony particularly care about non-dogmatic groups.
>>
>>714026255
almost as far-fetched as saying abstinence is a sex position. wth does it mean to be a position on sex?
>>
>>714026307
directed to
>>714018344
if you'd still like to argue id be happy to destroy you on all fronts and ideas as well.
>>
File: 1471211081468.jpg (807KB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1471211081468.jpg
807KB, 827x1169px
>>714025885
Yep that was it because YOU brought it up.
>>714024405
> to stop the resurgence of far right wing Josh Feuerstein lunatics to come out of the woodwork

Your initial comment was to call MY comment horseshit.

You sure as fuck do not DESERVE a reply.
>>
>>714026468
Hey dude explain the universe then fag
>>
>>714026344
>enjoy your hippie ideology
will do thanks

what about a small religious following, only a little cult, I promise?
>>
File: religion and suicide.gif (61KB, 564x979px) Image search: [Google]
religion and suicide.gif
61KB, 564x979px
>>714025701
http://www.gallup.com/poll/108625/more-religious-countries-lower-suicide-rates.aspx

Hmmm
>>
I used to post pro athiesm/agnostic shit all the time to try to get people to stop believing in God.

I will spend the rest of my life deeply regreting this. They say its near impossible to go back after losing religon, but that is just not true.
>>
>>714027201
Did you die and come back to life?
>>
>>714026785
No, my problem does lie with religion as a whole, but the during a trump presidency i don't want to see a group of christian assholes deciding to come out of the woodwork and call for christianity in everything from schools, to your Starbucks coffee.

besides you asked me a set of questions and i answered them, hell i asked you a few in there as well, and im sorry to "huwt youw pwecious wittle feewings", but you comment was asinine, and needed to systematically be proven wrong, not for your sake, but for the sake of keeping right wing regressives and the like at bay.

Never said i deserved a long form reply, but ">>714023308 (You) Well then you are barking up the wrong tree because I >>714021845 am a liberal not a conservative." is still completely ignoring the answers i gave to your questions.
>>
>>714026416
as in where you stand on the idea of "sex" like abstience is the absence of participating in sex. Atheism is the absence of religion or refusal to participate in the thought, Like Nihilism.
>>
>>714027394
>religion =/= God
You must first understand this.
>>
>>714015068
Define God...
>>
Kek fack NO
>>
>>714027129
but that still focuses on the countries, rather than the people who actually commit suicide, you could be as religious or as secular as anyone else, but that snot whats being measured. By solely measuring country suicide rates, you arent allowing for any other factors, that are introduced with a more civilized society.
>>
>>714015068
which one?
>>
>>714027938
>damage control
>>
>>714027978
if atheists are more likely to commit suicide, that still doesn't bother me more than if anyone else does it. Im stating a flaw within the argument being presented.
>>
>>714015068
I don't believe in any god. See, I'm able to recognize that all gods made up by every religion have the exact same evidence behind their existence, and if I can disbelieve one, the rest are all put into question, and it's not too much of a stretch to disbelieve the rest.
One being written as more powerful and stronger than the rest doesn't mean I believe in it. That would be like not believing that Goku exists but believing SSJ3 Goku exists because he's stronger and can do more things.
>>
>>714027489
Religion is your view on "god" not having one is it's own religion
>>
>>714028629
is not. theism is having religion. not having religion is atheism. this isn't my definition, this was in place before you or i was born
>>
>>714015068
John Lennon eorfectly articulated my belief in a higher being:

>I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

I'm pagan, and basically I honour a divine goddess and God, but only because they're an image that we as humans can understand. They're facets of something much greater and much smaller - what is simultaneously the entire universe and every atom in our body. The concept of a God that I believe in is someone entirelyrics ineffable. It's you and me and trees and stars and thoughts and tears and bombs and everything that ever was an ever will be

Inb4 hippiefag
>>
hey look I found the source

https://iasp.info/pdf/papers/Bertolote.pdf

also

>>714028192
atheist only cares about himself, doesn't mind his society being depressed and suiciding

this is your future kiddies
>>
>>714029129
FML typing on my phone.
>>
File: mbrcbqlbrv3x5s9kvxmt.png (694KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
mbrcbqlbrv3x5s9kvxmt.png
694KB, 800x494px
Oddly enough, it's pretty easy to sum up my personal take on religion.
>>
>>714029134
suicide is bad regardless of who it fucking happens to, i don't care whether it happens to an atheist or a christian, because its just as horrible each way. Actually thanks fro finding a soruce thats quite helpful, but that doesn't change the fact the statistics are far outdated considering most suicides occur in teenagers, and the even those born at the earliest date are over 30.
>>
>>714027978
Who exactly would be paying for damage control on a topic like this?
>>
>>714028769
old dictionaries actually define it as the belief in the belief that there is no god. Which in itself, is a belief.
>Checkmate internet
>>
>>714028524
You can't see that different cultures in different times had made different approaches to approach the divine and write it down in mostly metaphors and mythical stories. The problem arises when dumb people take these stories word for word and literal. Goku, SSJ3 Goku, Superman, Jesus, Buddha, Batman even, may all be made up stories, ideals, a story to tell you the ideal path through life and to the divine within. To use a metaphor, the holy scriptures are meant as sign post pointing into the right direction to walk through life, but many people make the mistake of climbing the sign post instead of following the path it points to.
>>
>>714029134
>atheist only cares about himself

Based on what? There are other things besides the self and God. If you can place care or faith into either of these things, than I can assume you can place faith in other things, no?
>>
>>714029478
I can't see why much will have changed
>>
>>714029751
over a generational curb? statistics are updated yearly, to reflect changes in society, and the geopolitical states in the modern world. entirely different people were offing themselves 30 years ago then will be today.
>>
>>714015068
No.
>>
>>714015068
Yes
>>
>>714015068
I'm still finding out what god is.
>>
>>714030092
Aren't we all
>>
>>714030092
>>714030170
nope because he doesnt exist
>>
File: me contemplating.jpg (38KB, 620x467px) Image search: [Google]
me contemplating.jpg
38KB, 620x467px
The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand.
>>
>>714030372
I can't know what does or does not exist if I don't know what it is I'm questioning the existence of. If we're assuming the Intelligent Designer concept is the universally accepted definition of God, than I think many major religions are fundamentally flawed in their interpretation of its nature.
>>
>>714030526
all of which were authoritarian lunatics, who it is absurd to imply their driving factor was lack of belief in god, but somehow more absurd to say they represent every atheist.
>>
File: 1441942113899.jpg (76KB, 499x547px) Image search: [Google]
1441942113899.jpg
76KB, 499x547px
>>714030372
Questioning religion is still "finding out what god is" whether or not you believe in 'god' your still on 4 chan in this thread looking for answers to questions you still have on the subject, there for your still on the same boat as the rest of us. let that sink in
>>
>>714018344
Idiotic image. Moon program was done by devoted christians. Atheist soviets, on the other hand, failed at it.
>>
>>714031000
Kek is god.
>>
File: 1480109714390.gif (510KB, 700x827px) Image search: [Google]
1480109714390.gif
510KB, 700x827px
What's even the point of life at all if you're an Atheist? You'll literally just fade into non existence when you die according to them, and it'll be like you were never even a sentient being to begin with.
>>
File: usa.jpg (42KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
usa.jpg
42KB, 960x540px
Adults who never attend religious services are "almost seven times likelier to drink, three times likelier to smoke, more than five times likelier to have used an illicit drug other than marijuana, almost seven times likelier to binge drink and almost eight times likelier to use marijuana" than adults who attend religious services at least once a week."
>>
>>714030977
nope, imhere solely to debate christians and rustle some jimmies, i decided god doesnt exist before i knew what religion was, so either way, we are still here for different reasons.
>>
File: feelsalrightman.png (806KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
feelsalrightman.png
806KB, 1001x823px
>>714031014
The point is the life you have. So what if this is all we get? We get all this.
>>
>>714030909
>they don't count as atheists if they were authoritarian lunatics
>let's just ignore correlations whenever I say so
Hmmm
>>
File: IMadeThisInPaint.jpg (84KB, 736x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMadeThisInPaint.jpg
84KB, 736x519px
>>714015068
Not really because science but i think its cool if you do cause its just your way of life.
>>
>>714031014
Lifes meaning is as applied. I find my own meaning, having or not having a god doesnt make the fact our existence is going to be forgotten in around 80 years time any less real. i take solace in the fact i dont buy into a lie.
>>
If "God" is a person/human, are they man or woman?

Religion is total bullshit.

If "God" is real, I want to ask this person a few questions.

1. Why the FUCK are you such a prick? Why are some people so miserable and horrible off in life while others are genuinely born with a silver spoon in their mouth?

2. Why is this world so damn horrific? Why do you let mass murder and genocide happen?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

3. If I go my whole entire life without knowing about your existance, WHY THE FUCK WILL YOU SEND ME TO "HELL'? How is that fair you prick?!
>>
>>714031253
Nothing that any atheist or Christian does or does not do can make God any more or less real.
>>
>>714031052
citation needed
>>
>>714031052
>implying that all of those things aren't fucking awesome
>>
>>714015068
Yes, but not really the Christian god.

I believe in "something".

Shit's too weird to just be pure science and nature. I think atheists are people who just don't pay much attention or spend any time thinking about life.
>>
not r4eally but i mean what do i know. if there's a god big deal, god is either monstrously sadistic or indifferent, either way it doesnt need my prayers
>>
>>714031014
>the truth is scary
you'll get over it
>>
>>714015068
yes, and science can prove it, only edgy faggots cant. religion says someone created us, science says we all came from the big bang the big bang was an exploding star which means we all came from the same mass which means we are all each other we are me and me is us. Also if we could create beings today with only 200 years of experience why couldnt there be a "god" or supreme being that has done the same. why do we feel it is only us that is capable of creating? the whole why isnt god creating today why cant we see it? how do you know we havent, seeing is not believing and neither is feeling. you cant prove god doesnt exist and even if yoy did you wouldnt know if it was all real until the day you die. we are part of something bigger that is all we can really verify, thus fsr scientifically and spiritually.
>tldr
>God exist we are living proof
>>
>>714031014
>You'll literally just fade into non existence when you die according to them

All the more reason to live. How is spending your life preparing for something that may or may not happen and basing the principles that dictate how you live that life off of what is essentially a DMT-driven fantasy? Again, there are other things to live for besides Self and God.
>>
>>714031216
>so what?
Number one it increases anxiety of death

Number two if this is all we have people are going to lots of short term focused, selfish behaviour
>>
>>714031507
It's even easier not to question the truth and denounce it all together isn't it?
>>
>>714023279
cats don´t kill for fun. They kill for traning, territory and food.
>>
>>714031556
>the big bang was an exploding star

Clearly you've spent a great deal of time researching this topic
>>
>>714031253
>all authoritarians were, are and forever will be atheists
>>
File: at least you tried.jpg (18KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
at least you tried.jpg
18KB, 500x371px
>>714031453
>taking drugs is good
>>
>>714031621
Simple: it means that you are responsable for your goodness and your evil, great and small. If you live like an asshole, you're an asshole. The Devil didn't tempt you, you're just a prick.
>>
>>714031360
Also, did Julie Jeffers want to fuck me in high school or not? I swear I caught her looking at my dick in math class but I never had the balls to hit on her besides she was dating that dude from Idaho. I really need to know, Jesus pls respond
>>
>>714031683
you clearly never saw my cat lazily vivisecting a mouse for shits and giggles
>>
>>714031827
It's amazing actually you're missing out
>>
>>714031704
yeah its one of the theories, no one knows because no one was there, some people believe it was just a universe expanding, but regardless the meaning is the same.
>>
>>714031858
No because you're just a lump of matter with no free will and morality is just a made up fiction
>>
>>714020273
Science provides theories that predict future outcomes, theories are literally supposed to provide true depictions of reality and provide accurate future predictions.
Many predictions that science has are extremely accurate, yet you're going to say that the concept of "future" isn't real?
>>
>>714024806
Muslim suicides for females are low because they all get beat to death
>>
File: Rust.jpg (96KB, 427x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rust.jpg
96KB, 427x600px
>>714031704
one last midnight - brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.
>>
>>714032135
idk seems to me like theres freewill, after all no one is forcing us to be up at 2 a.m. arguing with neckbeards about "god" or even what "god " means to begin with
>>
>>714015068
>>
>>714031621
>Number one it increases anxiety of death

My brother-in-law was an army medic and is now a nurse. According to him, the one thing a theist and an atheist will have in common on the eves of their death is the apprehension of death. Our brains find their own way to sedate us, but we all fear the unknown. It is best to deal with this anxiety, should it occur in a healthy individual, by living to serve their own happiness and welfare. No, this does not mean selfishness at the expense of other individuals, as this is a detriment to you as well.
>>
>>714032257
give us a crash course on what you think the big bang was
>>
>>714031921
It´s traning. Sure they let their prey suffer and don´t eat it becuse they have food. (house cats) Look at stray cats they it everything.
>>
>>
>>714015068
Absolutely. Why shouldn't I? I'm guaranteed a long and happy life so long as I abide by His rules and just spread his good word to other people. He's done SO MUCH for me and without him I wouldn't be where I am in life rn.

>Psalm 91 = invincibility code
>>
>>714031556
>exploding star
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
File: Atheist meme.jpg (61KB, 509x594px) Image search: [Google]
Atheist meme.jpg
61KB, 509x594px
>>714032408
I wonder what kind of social winner you are
>>
>>714032408
I don't think you're feelings exist, does that make it unreal? or am I just being an asshole and plugging my ears, closing my eyes, then carrying about my day not giving a flyin fuck about who, what or where
>>
>>714015068

Amblah? Chim fri bondi groinge haltro reade fri orbindo prag. Gro blea kan fri Amblah.
>>
>>714032286
Also that says nothing about God. This is the work of broken people in positions of power corrupting the image of God and the church.
>>
>>714032499
>XDDDDDDD
Mods please ban this 14 year old
>>
Here's something: if God does exist, he is part of science as much as everything else is. His existence would simply be added to science books along with the best evidence and explanations we have.
>>
>>714032408
Saying you could post this and share it with a potential of billions of people all over the world at once 30 years ago you would have been called crazy. And yet you think it's so impossible to be created by a being by thought, physicality, or emotionally
>>
File: Cohle.jpg (22KB, 315x348px) Image search: [Google]
Cohle.jpg
22KB, 315x348px
>>714032352
You gotta get together, tell yourself stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamn day. Nah. What's that say about your reality, Marty?
>>
>>714032667
problem with that is we'd first have to all agree on defining "god"
>>
>>714032499
Lol least educated person here. Welcome newfriend. We are made up of star dust this is fact
>>
File: tmp_8380--1449219572.jpg (40KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8380--1449219572.jpg
40KB, 500x354px
>>714032456
sounds like a great guy
>>
hahahha this guys awesome
>>
>>714032724
lmao all i did was ask you what you thought the big bang was. Go easy on the trigger finger there texas pete.
>>
File: 1459273198247.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1459273198247.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>714032876

>white jesus
>>
File: texas pete.jpg (45KB, 614x344px) Image search: [Google]
texas pete.jpg
45KB, 614x344px
>>714032884
Transference of fear and self-loathing to an authoritarian vessel. It's catharsis. He absorbs their dread with his narrative. Because of this, he's effective at proportion to the amount of certainty he can project. Certain linguistic anthropologists think that religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain. Dulls critical thinking.
>>
yeah but he isn't a singular entity but rather a omnipresent thing we interact with every day
>>
>>714032724
god damn I love Rust Cohle, realest fictional character ever
>>
What's up, Ramadan Steve?
>>
>>714033094
That's a funny definition of the big bang you got there
>>
>>714033097
Okay, but like, based on what?
>>
>>714033236
There's more than one Rust poster here buddy

And I don't know much about the big bang but I know it wasn't an exploding star, stars formed from it not the other way around. But whatever.
>>
>>714015068
No
>>
File: Rusty.jpg (24KB, 320x360px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty.jpg
24KB, 320x360px
>>714033236
Just observation and deduction. I see a propensity for obesity. Poverty. A yen for fairy tales. Folks puttin' what few bucks they do have into a little wicker basket being passed around. I think it's safe to say nobody here's gonna be splitting the atom, Marty.
>>
I don´t belive in god or any other super natural power but been studying it for about a year now and one thing that is common for every religion and faith is that social rules are in the center
>>
>>714020487
You are a fucking spastic. Anon answered the question and you had disagreed. Is it vital that you be an asshole and project some bullshit on him?

You are an actual nigger and I hope your priest rapes your children
>>
>>714032876
God is a jealous God man. He wants you to believe in Him, and to have faith in his power. Makes sense that he wont want you if you dont love him...but it still hurts him to not see you in Heaven. He knows all of us and all of our struggles, but he can't fully help us lest we go to him for shelter. We are imperfect, and only the perfect may be with him, but God made a way for us to be perfect through death, as Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice that paid the wages of our sin. There isn't much to understand about the concept, Anon. I ask that you please read into it, give it a chance, and if you're STILL dissuaded then by all means talk all the shit you want cause at least you educated yourself on it
>>
>>714033481
I'm not the guy who was dim witted enough to call it a star, guy.
Roughly speaking it's the theory that the universe was at one point, one point, then for some reason it exploded and expanded infinitly. Calling it a star would be a gross understatement but it's not that the most far fetched thing out there
>>
>>714033671
>God is a jealous God

Well, then he can go fuck himself. There isn't much to understand about that concept either.
>>
>>714033542
the way you keep dodging my question it's almost as if you either don't really know what the big bang is or don't wanna rub two brain cells together and critically think about it. But yea I don't think anyone here is going to figure out cold fusion, Pewee.
>>
All of you have to stop refering to god as a person. God is a power not a individual.
>>
>>714033481
Hurr durr, we know the earth is flat until one man comes around and says it's round. Hurr durr there can't be a star that's big enough to explode and cause life because that's what most books say. Science isn't democratic it's fact, just because they don't know what caused it doesn't mean it wasn't a star. Stay stuck in the dark ages, never say never there is a good chance you will be proven wrong
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-03-21-22-11.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-03-21-22-11.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>714015068
Tyler your dad is here
>>
>>714015068

I try not to.

If there is, I'm going to hell. If there is nothing after this, I'm in hell right now anyway.

Does it really matter? Just trying to take this punishment day by day. Nothing I can do to repent and I don't think it can get any worse than it is now. And if it can, not like I have a choice anymore. I could try and find peace and repent, but at the end of my life god can read my mind and thoughts and know I don't really mean it when I tell the universe that I'm sorry and know I'm a bad person.

Shit is what it is.
>>
>>714033861
...so what are you doing with your attention then? Thats really all he wants is your love, attention, and faith. He promises you a LONG, HAPPY life (not a long and miserable one, not one of boredom and woe, but its LONG AND HAPPY), to keep you in the Book of Life when you die and/or rapture comes, and the price of admission is your love, attention, and faith...and the answer is "go fuck yourself"? It honestly doesn't make sense to me
>>
>>714034108
Again, based on what? What are all these definitions based off of?
>>
>>714034108
>mind your pronouns
God isn't a power because that would mean merrily having power would make you a god. which it wouldn't.
>>
>>714033572
It's just atheism is such a nihilistic, anti-morality cult that it's weird they call everyone retarded for not buying into it.
>>
File: 1480155514232.jpg (74KB, 750x612px) Image search: [Google]
1480155514232.jpg
74KB, 750x612px
Can we all agree that arguing over this is an exercise in futility? No one on earth truly knows what we're doing here.
>>
>>714034269
Oh, and I forgot about that part too: where is this attention going towards that you don't want to give Him? We ALL MUST have a master in our lives (be it God, sex, money, alcohol, another person, etc,.), so who is yours?
>>
>>714034344
yea it does feel like we're chasing our own tail here
>>
File: 1480292206015.jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
1480292206015.jpg
62KB, 428x410px
>>714034108
no god is a concept
>>
>>714034152
easy there partner you're gonna blow a vein, who even cares
>>
File: b2.jpg (75KB, 626x417px) Image search: [Google]
b2.jpg
75KB, 626x417px
>>714034344
If you don't know or aren't sure, then you should act as if there is a God in order to live a longer and more moral life
>>
>>714034269
1) I still don't know what god is and you, nor anybody else in this thread, has given me any tangible evidence to back their interpretation of god.

2) I didn't ask to be here, and I sure as fuck am not asking to be in a place that may or may not be paradise that may or may not exist that's under the jurisdiction of a complete asshole for eternity.

I will live because I am alive and I enjoy living. If an omniscient being is capable of jealousy, which is an inherent trait of selfishness, than as something created in HIS image, I'll go ahead and indulge myself there as well.
>>
>>714034678
That's just going about it the wrong way
>>
File: 1479402674478.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1479402674478.gif
2MB, 450x450px
>>714031478
Science and nature and God are all connected. God created the universe, and science is the study of the universe. Devoting one's life to the the study of God's creation is the essence of being a scientist. Even if a scientist doesn't believe in God, this is still true.

There is no inherent conflict between believing in God and believing in science. Conflict only arises when, for example, the bible says Earth was created in seven days and science says, "but the evidence indicates otherwise." However, the evidence was created by God directly, whereas the bible was created by men. I give the physical evidence greater weight.

So I basically agree with you. God may exist, but the religions of man probably all get it wrong. If you want to be closer to God, study science. If you want to peer into the mind of God, study mathematics.
>>
>>714034712
GL and HF
>>
>>714034879
Will do.
>>
>>714033671
It really freaks me out the way you guys just repeat all that half-baked shit like it means something. Always has. Always will.
>>
>>714034849
you, i like you
>>
>>714034273
Well God is affecting how people act so it´s based on society and it doesn't have any meaning if God is real or not.
>>
>>714034294
Well if you have a power you´re a God. being human is having functions not powers.
>>
>>714035018
>it´s based on society

And what is society based on? Or rather, what does society consist of?
>>
File: b3.jpg (168KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
b3.jpg
168KB, 334x500px
Remember- only 30% of children raised in atheist households remain that way
If they were raised in a balanced way, probably even less would be atheist!
What if religion isn't due to brainwashing, but human desire and reason?
>>
>>714034595
Tell me something that is not a concept?
>>
>>714015068
In a standard Judaeo Christian sense, as in all knowing, all powerful, bearded man in the sky.... no. Do I believe that all religions and their god or gods are trying to describe the same concept about what happens to a life when it parts from this mortal coil, in terms that make sense to them in their context of life and the world around them and that is what they ultimately deem their god or gods? Yes, very much so.
>>
>>714034849

And if you wanna see god's massive cock that created all this, study sacred geometry.
>>
File: RealistRust.png (309KB, 590x323px) Image search: [Google]
RealistRust.png
309KB, 590x323px
>>714033955
In eternity, where there is no time, nothing can grow. Nothing can become. Nothing changes. So death created time to grow the things that it would kill... and you are reborn but into the same life that you've always been born into. I mean, how many times have we had this conversation, detectives? Well, who knows? When you can't remember your lives, you can't change your lives, and that is the terrible and the secret fate of all life. You're trapped... like a nightmare you keep waking up into.

I don't find replying to you in a serious manner appealing in the slightest. You are right, I won't even put forth the effort to rub two brain cells together and respond to you. Would you like to know why?

I think that you are a worthless sack of DNA and of a lower intelligence than me, I do not care what you think and I certainly won't try and change what you think. The time I spend on /b/ is for entertainment, not for arguing whether the fairy tales your parents told you are real or not. I find it more entertaining to watch you argue with nothing more than a picture of a fictional character and a quote from a that character.

It pleases me to no end to think of you waddling your fingers across your keyboard trying to think of a rebuttal to an argument that hasn't even been made.
>>
>>714035214
>citation needed

Of course humans desire religion. What could be better than a big mommy in the sky who always loves you and always makes everything better and when you die you go to fluffy heaven and get everything you ever wanted forever? Sounds pretty good to me!
>>
>>714034712
1) Evidence of God is all around you. From the very fiber of your being to the food you just ate not too long ago, God has provided it all. And there's even so much more examples, it'd be lengthy to go over. And you can just as easily know Him as I and other Christians (and naysayers who have read the bible) know Him by picking up the Bible and giving it a read. It has to be a genuine read, you gotta give it a chance, and if you're done reading it (doesnt even have to be the whole thing, just literallt a chapter) you can accurately say you understand Christianity and we're all morons that want to avoid the inevitable. Win/win for you man.

2) You didn't give any examples as to why he is a "complete asshole". And yes, it is selfish, but wouldn't any father not want their kids to love them? When your kids get distant from you, don't you get upset and jealous that something else is taking up that spot in their life where you used to be? Its the same concept. As for not asking to be born...none of us were, friend. But we can still enjoy this life EVEN MORE THAN YOU ARE NOW through the grace of God and all that he is and provides. You just have to give him your faith, love, and attention. If your SOLE reason for not doing that is because "I just don't want to" (which I am getting from your "hes jeslous and we were made in his image" remark), then that's honestly pretty immature and I won't bother you on that. But whatever you have placed as your master in life (sex, alcohol, drugs, work, etc,.), it will NEVER give you the most happiness as God can...and WILL.
>>
>>714035643

A lot of folks here have cognitive dissonance as proof by their shit attempts to turn their original arguments into something else.
>>
>>714034849

What if these routes exist as an infinite punishment through complexity for those who dare to put themselves on God's level of knowledge.
>>
>>714022548
killing to eat for survival != evil
>>
>>714035214
The parents of the 70% were probably really orthodox and it probably caused their child to become a beleiver out of spite.

Human desire probably plays a role in religion, nobody wants to die and be dead forever. But this cant be the only reason. I mean, have you SEEN or been around atheist parents? I would be religious just to piss them off too.
>>
>>714035828
>hot pockets are evidence that god is real

welp time to pack it in atheists, this checks out.
>>
>>714031683
Millennia of survival instinct has made killing "fun" due to its base necessity for survival post civilization.

>time for a reality check my very new friend.
>>
>>714034978
It does man. It's your current life AND next life that are at stake. None of it is half baked shit, this is everything I know from what I've learned from the Bible and what I know from the Lord. I can't force you to believe in the Lord or that he really is the best option for ANYBODY and EVERYBODY (people tend to focus on the afterlife thing too much, which, while that is just as vital, they also forget that God can make the current life as close to perfect as it can get), but I can do the best job I can of trying to get you started. And so far I'm doing good on that. Just this conversation alone is enough to get that seed started that may soon grow to be you becoming a devout follower in Christ who can showcase just how loving our God is.
>>
>>714034849
sweet gif my dude
>>
>>714031921
They draw enjoyment from it because that is a developed survival instinct due to the necessity of killing for survival. Not because there is a sick twisted motive behind killing purely for joy outside of survival.
>>
>>714034712
God 101
God is what you let it be. If you let God affect your life it everything. If you ignore God you may go against the writen words but then again God affect your life. concluding God is a part of society and so are you.
>>
>>714015068
I don't know.
>>
>>714015068
I don't really know but doubt we're as high as consciousness goes.
>>
>>714032456
You are guaranteed nothing and the fact you believe you are as long as you "play by the rules" shows your naivety. You could die at any time for any reason unbeknownst to you.
>>
File: ballet.jpg (82KB, 800x907px) Image search: [Google]
ballet.jpg
82KB, 800x907px
>>714035677
What do you care if people believe in nice things? remember we're just lumps of matter kiddo :^)
>>
>>714036148
i like you, we should be friends.
>>
there is no god except kanye
check em
>>
>>714036238
Humans don´t have any natural "fun" in killing that´s why we have ptsd and other issues when a person kills
>>
>>714036148
In a way...yeah, that's absolutely right. And so much more! Ever consider the process of how that bit of food is made? Or the jobs that making said Hot Pocket provide for people who could use the work? Or the wonderful moments that could possibly have happened over a Hot Pocket? Anything you see in life has a branching story of how wonderful God is. Nothing is as simple as "oh its just food" or "its just work" or "its just life". Everything has so much beauty attached to it, and that, I think, is an amazing example of how wonderfully real God is
>>
Investigate 3/11
>>
>>714035677
http://www.christianpost.com/news/study-atheists-have-lowest-retention-rate-compared-to-religious-groups-78029/
This should help you find the source
>>
>>714031704
the big bang was not an exploding star, it was literally all of the mass in the universe compressed into an infinitesimally small point by gravity the force that draws all things together until it was overcome by the force that pushes all things apart - electron repulsion resulting an the d explosive expansion of all matter in alll directions. The universe is cyclical my friend, this cycle repeats itself over and over no one force ever gains full authority over the other. The yin and the yang of existence.
>>
>>714036770
They're playing games with how people identify themselves. Children of parents who don't go to church almost never go to church themselves. It's bullshit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_attendance#Influence_of_parents
>>
>>714034849
science and god are one in the same. They are just two drastically different approaches, both trying to describing how and why the universe works in the way that it does.
>>
>>714036472
Ultimate kek. That's where you're wrong. The Bible isn't just hollow words to be read and then digested...they're meant to be applied. Part of the reason why the Bible is sometimes called "the living word". An example is Psalm 91:

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

It is a VERY clear promise that, so long as you run to him for shelter and have faith, you will be protected from LITERALLY EVERY EARTHLY HARM. There is nothing that can harm you. It is him DIRECTLY PROMISING THIS.
>>
>>714035214
lol
reality is the exact opposite of your prejudice
>>
>>714036635
sorry to say you are mistaken new friend. Humans do indeed take pleasure in others misfortune, it is the very reason rekt & gore threads exist, it is the reason people rubber neck as passing an auto accident on the freeway. It is the reason people pick on and bully one another, it is the reason wars perpetuate to this day. "Killing in the name"
>>
File: evidence.png (28KB, 644x341px) Image search: [Google]
evidence.png
28KB, 644x341px
>>714035828
That isn't evidence of god, that's your personal interpretation of something neither you nor any other human being has a complete grasp of. Enclosed is an image of the dictionary definition of "evidence". It would be awesome if you adhered to that, even just a little.

He (?) is a complete asshole because both testaments of the Bible do a pretty damn good job of convincing me as such. "Be my cheerleader and be prone to the consequences of actions both in and beyond your control in my name or I will be SO pissed. Like, set-you-on-fucking-fire-forever pissed."

No, I don't find that master to be particularly peachy and I see no reason why I should base my principles off the prick, especially because I have no tangible evidence of his existence in the first place. My master is me, as I am the vehicle by which this life is steered. My happiness and overall welfare are my priorities, and contributing to a society that will allow myself and other individuals willing to produce to flourish is the reason I hold myself to not be selfish at the expense of others.
>>
>>714035828
what you describe as "god" is simply reality. If anything god could really be described as the collective thoughts, ideas, feelings and motives of all life forms both human and non-human averaged out into one cohesive perspective.
>>
>>714037339
That's actually due to morbid curiosity. If you psychology at all, you'd understand that not even animals like to kill one of the same species, and humans have some very severe side affects from killing another human being.

You should read "On Killing" by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, it'll educate you on this very matter
>>
>>714037043
It seems hard to compare the studies; a lot of the terms require clarification
Many of them become open minded, which wouldn't involve going to a Church either
>>
>>714037339
People find pleasure in others missfortune if they are in a rival position or none connected it´s a way to bulid a resistans to our own misfortune.
>>
>>714037144
>if you have faith nothing on earth can harm you

So, no person with true faith has ever been harmed by anything on earth.

You really need to think that one through my friend, maybe take some time to ponder it yeah?
>>
>>714037592
where do you think morbid curiosity arises from?

Did you even read my post? I stated not all humans have this desire, but in fact many if not most do. It is abundantly evident even to the laymen. Yes, some if not the majority of humans have severe psychological effects from killing another human being, and they even know this before partaking in the killing of another human being, yet they still do, without much goading at all. Why?

There are myriad reasons. Although they all tie back to self preservation and ensured propagation of ones own genetic material in one form or another. For the very reasons I outlined in my previous post. Stop being naive.
>>
>>714038137
Yes, I agree with you. You find pleasure in others misfortunes as a self defense mechanism required for survival in a world where misfortune need not justification or to make any rational sense.
>>
File: Elsa.jpg (33KB, 336x336px) Image search: [Google]
Elsa.jpg
33KB, 336x336px
>>714015068
lemme ask you this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDYNuD4CwlI
>>
>>714031014
Yeah, what's your point?
If that's reality then that's the end of the matter.
Pretending that that's not the case is simply wishful thinking.

Besides, I'd consider it a terrible curse to remain conscious throughout all eternity, never quite enjoying your final rest.
>>
>>714015068
Of course not. What do you take me for, some kind of brainless mongoloid?
>>
>>714031014
>assuming there is a point to life other than the journey and continued propagation of life.
>>
>>714038728
Yes
>>
File: Screenshot_20161204-163747.png (285KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161204-163747.png
285KB, 1440x2560px
>>714037381
Enclosed is a picture of BOTH definitions of FAITH, the main ingredient when it comes to BELIEVING in God (I'm sure you know, being an expert on evidence yourself, that faith has nothing to do with evidence).

And again, that's where you fail in understanding. If you're refering to freak accidents, "acts of God" disasters, and other negative things, know that these happen because we live in an imperfect world that, for the most part, does not actively call upon God to rescue them from the terrors that plague this doomed world. Everything that comes from God is pure and clean, and when evil happens, it cannot be from Him, because he can not make evil. Rather, it is from the Devil, and because of peoples naivety, we choose to blame God.

And being your own master? I highly doubt it, as everyone has something/someone that they answer to (I'm sorry, but nobody is just simply in charge of themselves). I mean, if you mean yourself as in your happiness or your addiction, then I can buy that, but you cant serve yourself, youre serving something that controls you (youre quest for happiness or to get that next high). God has all the answers, whereas you're cautiously going around the corner, trying to see whats next.

Again, I can't make you believe, but I HIGHLY recommens you give him a chance. From what I have seen, you're clueless to the matter of God and Christ, and a little more knowledge in the subject wouldnt hurt. I'll leave it at that, friend. Have a good rest of the day/night
>inb4 "you should pick up (insert whatever subject) book and educate yourself on REAL WORLD KNOWLEDGE" cause I already have, and I have my informed perspective...which you dont yet
>>
>>714037144
your evidence supporting your faith is propositioned upon previous acceptance of said faith.

>circular logic ftw
>>
>>714031052
So what?
If you told me that believing squirrels built my car reduced the prevalence of malaria, I wouldn't believe you because what you just said is simply unbelievable, at least not without really good evidence.
>>
>>714031014
So having faith gives more reason? The diffrens is that your existens are only to please a God that you can´t meet until you die if you´re lucky.
>>
>>714038933
Yes, lets credit all good to one fake man in the sky and all evil to another fake man down below.
Makes perfect sense. Only a mindless mongoloid would need to simplify the complexities of the natural world around them to such absurd levels.
>>
>>714038887
Takes one to know one
>>
>>714038364
Well thats basic. But this is a topic of religion so connect your comment to that.
>>
>>714038161
Outward faith isn't anything, friend.

How do you measure someones faith? As someone who dislikes faith, im sure youre quick to point out the priests who molest childern...BUT HE WAS A PRIEST! HIS FAITH MUST HAVE BEEN THE MOST, NO? Obviously not, if he is resorting to molesting children
>>
>>714039251
Except for the fact that the reason people derive joy from others misfortunes has absolutely nothing to do with religion, or any belief system. There is no connection to be made.
>>
>>714039324
Faith is easily quantifiable. Faith is synonymous with foolishness. It is simply belief in something without any evidence to substantiate the claim.

Science, on the other hand, is the polar opposite of faith, it requires reliably reproducible evidence in order for a claim to be accepted.
>>
>>714032844
We're made of stardust, the fucking big bang wasn't an exploding star.
>>
>>714039420
Everything in our society and behavior is connected to religion
>>
File: 1412212265655.gif (281KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1412212265655.gif
281KB, 250x250px
>>714039169
you eeeediot!!
>>
>>714032571
Feelings do existe they are the chemical result of the exposition of your mind to certain stimulation, just like
>>
File: god is real.jpg (38KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
god is real.jpg
38KB, 360x360px
>>714038956
there are differences fam

>>714039122
Atheists exist for no reason. At most to pass on their genes then die forever.

>>714039167
>it's another episode of atheist calls people stupid on the internet
This is one reason atheism is the most unpopular religion
>>
>>714039324
I did suggest you ponder it a while and clearly you haven't. Everyone has harm come to them in this world. EVERYONE.
>>
>>714039896
Pain
>>
>>714039902
I agree
>>
>>714015068
Which one? "God" is a title, not a name.
>>
>>714039821

Your blanket statement is unsubstantiatable at best.
What exactly is 'our' society? Based on what do you presume that I share the same society as you?
>>
>>714038933
>I'm sorry, but nobody is just simply in charge of themselves

Yes, they are. Objectively. We all have to deal with the hand we've been dealt, whether the dealer was a god or a government or a parent or a force of nature, but that hand is ultimately ours. It's our responsibility, and our responsibility alone, to steer this life we lead in the direction we want to see it take. This also means taking responsibility for both the rewards and repercussions of making the decisions we make and accepting that this life is real and YOU are the only means of perceiving it. Religion, as well as this philosophy I follow and every other one I don't follow, is another "high" according to you, but I base my principles off of the one thing I know to exist and has the power to shape the existential foundations of that existence: Me.

Why exactly is this immoral? Also, if God is omniscient, why is there evil? Where does evil stem from, if not from the mind of Man, and where does good stem from, if not from the mind of Man?
>>
>>714039902
>Atheists exist for no reason. At most to pass on their genes then die forever.

And what exactly do you think the purpose of life is?
>>
File: botan.jpg (25KB, 720x362px) Image search: [Google]
botan.jpg
25KB, 720x362px
>>714039902
>no reason

exactly the opposite...

Atheist's don't have anything to die for.

>atheism=religion

atheism isn't a religion, look at the word itself

>a-theism

it is the abstinence from all religion.
>>
File: 1437648479782.png (52KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1437648479782.png
52KB, 184x184px
>>714015068
sometimes.
>>
>>714015068
Nope. God did not create man, man created God (in our minds).
>>
>>714039902

>>714039167
>it's another episode of atheist calls people stupid on the internet
This is one reason atheism is the most unpopular religion

You seem to miss the fact that just because an individual has faith in something and believes in something does not deem it to be true, real or factual in any way shape or form.
>>
Yes, I believe in myself.

Now bow to me, peons.

Also, send money.
>>
>>714040325
If they nothing to die for, whatever that means, why do they commit suicide more than religious people?
>>
>>714020273
I see you removed "there are no aliens" since you got told on that when you posted earlier. let's do it again!

>time travel is not possible
Wrong. Time dilation is a verified phenomenon of time flowing at different rates depending on speed and proximity to large concentrations of mass. Orbit close enough to a large celestial body, or accelerate fast enough, and you can most certainly travel into the future far above the rate of our standard 1 second per second.

(you didn't specify the direction of time travel)

>[ ] Not Told
>[ ] Told
>[X] No Country for Told Men
>>
>>714018344
fucking 10/10
>>
File: podesta.jpg (54KB, 768x403px) Image search: [Google]
podesta.jpg
54KB, 768x403px
>>714040511
Universe didn't just happen. And you can't prove God doesn't exist

Can you really say it's unlikely God exists?
>>
>>714040538
Do you also know that more intelligent people commit suicide at a higher rate than less intelligent people? It's true what they say, ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>714039902
Yes. Humans are like animals, flowers and other organic beings. We exist to populat.
>>
>>714040721
right now there is a teapot in the asteroid belt, its there because you cant prove me wrong! yes, you are this stupid. try not switching the burden of proof and try to back up your claims cunt.
>>
File: 1446395005749.jpg (83KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1446395005749.jpg
83KB, 640x426px
>>714015068
If it exist it's dick but all evidence so far points to it not existing. But who the fuck really knows, not me and in my opinion any who who says they do is either delusional or lying.
>>
>>714015068
No

And I'm tired of this gif of this guy with the fruit on his dick
>>
>>714040721
>And you can't prove God doesn't exist
>I don't know how the burden of proof works!

God exists, he's in my living room right now. He said that you're wrong, and if you don't want him to anally rape you with a pineapple for 100 years straight, you need to mail a $1,000 check made out to "cash" to me right now.

You can't prove this wrong. Is it worth risking pineapple rape to NOT send me money?
>>
>>714040889
For seriously.
#mellonsareforeating
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.