[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if im a bus traveling the speed of light, would my headlights work?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 61524357.jpg (16KB, 298x259px)
61524357.jpg
16KB, 298x259px
if im a bus traveling the speed of light, would my headlights work?
>>
yeah they would work, they'll just be useless.
>>
>>607560548

Either way you're going to get the most retarded speeding ticket of your life when you run out of gas
>>
>>607560548
Yes and your cumulative speed would push the light faster than light
>>
Anything with mass cannot move the speed of light.
>>
>>607560548
you didn't watch cosmos? wtf op stay pleb

now you have to do your own homework kid
>>
>>607561021
thx neil
>>
>>607560548
Because of time dilation, when you move at the speed of light, time pretty much stops.

So the second you hit the speed of light, you would arrive at whatever your final destination would be. And so would your headlights.
>>
>>607561287
they got good hash browns?
>>
>>607561287
What if I was traveling in my super high tech bus at the speed of light to an object in space that was a few light years away? Would it still be instant?
>>
>>607561416

Yeah, but when you hit waffle house with a bus going the speed of light, there wouldn't be any hash browns left.
>>
>>607560992
You are just wrong
>>
>>607560741
/thread
>>
yes, and the light would travel away from you at the speed of light.
>>
>>607561007
This

It would take an infinite amount of energy to travel the speed of light, therefore it is not possible
>>
>>607562264
maybe his bus is massless
>>
>>607560741
Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>607561640
Yes. Time dilation means that once you hit the speed of light, for you, time stops, you arrive at your destination instantaneously.
>>
>>607562264

>therefore it is not possible, in our lifetime

Ftfy
>>
>>607560548
they would actually slow you down
>>
>>607562593
but you can't hit the speed of light as an object with mass, and things without mass (i.e. photons) aren't valid frames of reference so time doesn't stop for them either, since there is nothing that time could stop for.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.