[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you /b/tards out there have there own unique spin on religion?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 17

Any of you /b/tards out there have there own unique spin on religion? Any of you have personal beliefs that make people go: "You're out of your mind!" when you talk about it to them? Well then pull up a chair and join the discussion!

ITT: Your own Unorthodox beliefs
>>
>>590974806
I'll bump the thread with my own beliefs until more people join in

I think the best place to start is with the age old question: Do you believe in god? My answer is no. But at the same time, yes....Allow me to explain

I believe that the earth, or any other hypothitical planet with living organisms, is a form of life. That the entire biosphere is but an extremely complex organism. I also believe that galaxies, and even the universe are alive. The big bang was but the birth of the universal organism.

So in a way, the universe is god. It doesnt fit the traditional description of a god, as chances are, it doesnt even know of our existance, and has no direct control over our lives, but in a way, it created us. For if the universe was never born, we wouldnt be either.
>>
File: Psychedelia-3.jpg (319KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
Psychedelia-3.jpg
319KB, 500x627px
>>590975063
So, humans, and all life on earth. would sorta be to earth what cells are to us. Now I realize that this isn't a perfect analogue, but it is quite similar. A bit how an atom looks like a solar system.

Cells try to maintain homeostasis, a bit how plants and animals keep CO2 and O2 levels in check. And just like cells, Multicellular organisms can develop into cancer.
>>
>>590974806
I am a Christian that believes God will eventually save everyone.
I'm not the only one though its called universalism.
Most people I talk to get mad when I try to tell them.
>>
File: Moon-by-Alex-Gray.jpg (57KB, 271x360px) Image search: [Google]
Moon-by-Alex-Gray.jpg
57KB, 271x360px
>>590975396
Humanity, as it stands today, is Cancer. Our growing cities and roads are the earth's tumors. And just like the disease, we are reproducing and spreading at an exceptional rate.

Our government, is to us what DNA/Genetic code is to the cell. It is what controls us, what decides how we should act. And just like cancer, our DNA is corrupted.

The difference though between us and cells, is our sapience. It means that we can act dependant from the our Genetic Code(Governments), or even outright rewrite it. I believe that we have the potential to be something more, to be something better.
>>
File: giphy.gif (3MB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3MB, 360x480px
>>590975865
I've heard people argue that being cancerous is maybe just Humanity's fate. I refuse to believe that, because a cancerous cell, was never meant to be cancerous. It was maybe meant to be a brain cell, or a skin cell.....maybe humanity was meant to be white blood cells?

I'll stop bumping unless someone wants me to keep rambling. In the meantime, here's my favorite gif
>>
>>590975806
I wouldnt really call that an unorthodox belief. Unless you live in the middle east or something.
So from what I understand, you aren't a bigoted christian. God will save everyone, even Faggot OP?
>>
>>590974806
I believe in the Kingdom of God, the validity of Jesus's teachings and moral philosophy, and the writings of contemplatives and theologians like Meister Eckhart, St. John of the Cross, Thomas Merton, and others.

But I don't believe in miracles, or the resurrection, or the ascension, or the day of judgment, or heaven and hell.
>>
>>590974806
Nothing fancy, just the classic -
Jesus = sun

No use in confusing anyone. The current bullshit is dumb enough as it stands.
>>
>>590976259
I've also had this thought: What if all forms of energy was alive? I mean, our brains are just a bunch of chemical reactions. What if fire and electricity was essentially alive?
Now I'm saying alive, but not sentient. They lack the complex brain structure (or any structure for that matter) to process thoughts, and emotions.

Do I believe this? Meh, it's just wishful thinking at best. I think it'd be neat if it were true though
>>
> God is Real
> Created Science
> People Loose focus and Begin Marketing Religion for Money
> Corruption happens
> World Powers and Wars Happen
> Religion is the down fall of man
> Spirituality needs to be practiced
> All religious book figures were genuinely good so i don't discredit
> no one who reads their religious book actually follows what it says
> i.e. "I believe thats enough God loves me"
> still do bad shit all the time
> Angels and Demons = Aliens or life forms capable of moving through Dimensions
> Capable of influencing Human Culture
> Humans were genuinely good race before Religion started Controlling masses and pinning Human Race Against itself for Profit
> Sad
> ILY god
>>
>>590977226
That's pretty dumb. Samson may have origins as a solar deity, but thinking Jesus is a solar deity is just some Zeitgeist-tier stupidity.
>>
>>590977226
Most people believe that Jesus was God's son
But what if that was like a miss translation, and they meant he is the actual fucking sun? I like this belief, it amuses me.
>>
>>590975806
Can you define saving?
What if dying means you join the Universe as part of a collective intelligence, and lose all point of view of being an individual? Would you define that as "saving"?
>>
>>590977815
"Son" is an English word, the New Testament was written in Greek.
>>
File: 1398428758654.jpg (22KB, 375x471px) Image search: [Google]
1398428758654.jpg
22KB, 375x471px
>>590976580
>God will save everyone, even Faggot OP?
Yeah.

A lot of people think you have to repent b4 you die, but I can't find anything like that in the bible.

And now for my reasoning.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
>not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
God is not willing that any should perish.
We are here. Therefore none will perish.
If God made us knowing full well that some would perish, then He is willing that they perish.

God wants to save everyone. 1 Timothy 2:4
God can save everyone. 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:14, Matthew 19:26
Therefore God will save everyone. (logically follows)

You can't be something you're not.
1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
>because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men
>Saviour of all men

If God does not save all men, then He is not the Saviour of all men.
>>
>>590977815
Religion is an allegory of astrology. No joke.
>>
>>590977733

Trips and Dubs Trips and Dubs
>>
>>590978165
Incredibly broad statement that ignores how multifaceted and complex the formation of any major religion has been. Astral deities do form the background of some biblical characters though- Lucifer, Samson, etc.
>>
everyones going to hell, there only like 5 people in heaven no shit
>>
>>590978165
Yeah.
God put the Gospel in the heavens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYbYjjBWlm8
>>
File: 1370408484891.gif (665KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
1370408484891.gif
665KB, 500x616px
I believe that there must be a God, some form of divine creating force thats responsible for the existence of reality.

I do not know if he still exists. I do not know if he knows of our existence.

I accept that fact that this being is beyond my comprehension. Beyond physics, logic, and time. Completely outside of our realm of understanding.

Any questions? I can elaborate on my beliefs but it's hard to fit it's entirety into one post.

>I've done a lot of acid
>>
OP is a huge faggot
>implying not all religion sounds off
>>
>>590974806
I like to imagine that somewhere in the unfathomable reaches of the universe there exists a giant planet-eating, omni-potent space wolf called 'Steve'. And that every couple thousand years or so he descends into a planets atmosphere and confronts whatever life-forms inhabit it just to impart some meaningless, banal and bullshit advice. Like 'Don't buy that new U2 album, I heard it's pretty much just like their old stuff but with more french horn.' Then he would ascend back into the heavens to carry on his noble if not futile existence. Fly on Steve.... Fly on.
>>
>>590978834
>>590978896
Now if we combined these two.....

>>590978834
How would you describe "Existance"
>>
>>590978834

an entity that created universes has an expiration date hard wrap you head around, but makes sense anon never heard anyone say that, explains why fucked up shit continues to happen, a lot better then "God lets the devil fuck with humans before he chooses if they live life in fire forever or on streets of gold"
>>
>>590978834
I've done a lot of acid as well, and my belief is that "God" is something inside of us, as well as in all created things. He is the creator in the sense that he is the undifferentiated substrate of reality at the root of all created things. But I don't think he is a sentient, calculating force, just the pure Being that precedes thought or action.
>>
>>590979423

inside and outside plays into the Holy Trinity thing, but a creator no wanting to keep his work alive and flourishing would mean we were a paper in the trash for Motzart
>>
>>590979423
>Pure being
See: >>590977260
I believe that at some stage of evolution, life can sustain itself without physical form. I believe that this might be what god is, simply an organism that has evolved to a point where its thoughts, and itself are essentially one thing.
>>
Islam is the only true religion, you people are arrogant to accept its truthfulness, and no IS doesn't represent Islam,
if god exists then god wouldn't have created us for nothing, without guidelines,and that's where the Quran comes in place
>>
Jesus was right. Buddha was right. the Kingdom of God and Nirvana are similar, valid concepts. The Tao Te Ching expresses the same message that Jesus taught. These teachers just addressed different audiences, with different religious traditions, but they taught the same eternal truth.
>>
The point of human existence is for God to observe his own work through our eyes. I believe that God, if omnipresent and omniscient, must be incapable of emotion, judgement, or thought because just what does one think of if they know literally everything? I also believe it isn't God's job to make everything perfect like some sort of paradise, for that we could just be in heaven instead of Earth. The Garden of Eden was a taste of paradise because without it there would be no reference point to know that the world is harsh. All qualities are only relative, thus, for God to even begin to be definable he must create a thing to be compared against.
>>
>>590980111

guidlines = science
not a book curupt by man
something that is always true
>>
>>590977986
I believe the same things, but I guess you have studied the bible a bit more.
>>
>>590980111
One could say the same about you, for being arrogant. But. that's life I guess. May I ask: Why do you think has god created us?
>>
I got pretty high one time and thought that maybe I was god. Does that count?
>>
i'm pagan
>>
>>590980106
I don't believe that God is or ever was an organism, I think he is the most basic state of reality, preceding any organism. Basically a singularity, in an existential sense. Sentience is a magical thing in that it allows organisms to realize this natural, basic state, free from the lens of identity, individuality, and self.
>>
>>590979883
god isn't a sentient creature, he doesn't "want" anything.
>>
>>590980629
I say it does. Who knows, we might all be gods. Maybe when we dream, we create new universes.
>>
File: 1394712525116.jpg (59KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1394712525116.jpg
59KB, 612x612px
>>590980533
>I guess you have studied the bible a bit more.
I don't know about all that.
I don't read the bible nearly enough.
>>
File: 1414162551200.jpg (278KB, 750x938px) Image search: [Google]
1414162551200.jpg
278KB, 750x938px
Kill or become
>>
>>590980444
The Quran unlike any other book, has only 1 copy that have been persevered for the last 1400 years,
>>
Christianity is the world's oldest pun. Jesus is the Bread of Life, yeah? What does the dough do when you make bread? It rises.
Nice one, Jesus...
>>
File: 1417083627252.jpg (336KB, 1500x970px)
1417083627252.jpg
336KB, 1500x970px
I just believe in a god who wants me to do as good as I can and don't hurt other people and if i commit suicide I go to hell, /thread
>>
>>590980414
Eden was never a real place, just an allegory. Humanity's natural state is one of freedom and contentment, but he gets out of alignment by following his selfish desires (i.e. man is banished from Eden for disobeying the will of God )
>>
>>590980560
god specifically give you the answer, we're created only to worship the creator, but i guess this is 2014 being an atheist and gay is popular now
>>
>>590980648
What sort of pagan?
What's it like adhering to a religion that almost nothing is known about (assuming Norse or Celtic)?
>>
>>590978591
Yes it is broad, because getting lost in all of the details is exactly what it was intended for. To demonstrate all sorts of moral lessons that provide an external unattainable omni powerful entity being to reach for.

You see humans are flawed, but an invisible entity, each person creates an attachment to is unbeatable.
>>
>>590980834

he is a Sentient creature, creation isn't a Hobby, and if it is a hobby and he dosent care, like i said then thats scary because were just a piece of paper in the trash while Mozart was trying to perfect music
>>
>>590981210
Jesus is unleavened bread though. That's what they had at the Last Supper.
>>
>>590975865
We may appear to be cancer, but we also have intelligence, and a chance to control our destiny
>>
>>590980648
it's neither nordic nor celtic. it's prussian. it's kinda weird, there's only a few people left who speak the language
>>
>>590981470
>>590981707
>>
>>590981707
Romuvan?
>>
>>590981622
How do you know that God is a sentient creature? Have you met him? Did you catch him in a trap in your backyard? Does he ride the bus with you to work?
>>
>>590981622
Hard to accept huh? There is no God bro. He's not watching you. He's not all knowing. He isn't all powerful. He is but a decaying concept that humanity is slowly starting to bury. Give it up, there is no God.
>>
>>590981806

met him kinda? i feel that i can say without a doubt i have. Which dosent matter here because theres no proof, except how i feel and what i saw, id like to think he pays attention to me a lot and is wherever i Go paying attention but its a huge universe we don't know the end too, and if like you said if he's not sentient, were a mistake, a rough draft of what he could create with his power, i believe that humans were once genuinely the perfect creation. 0. the ability to communicate with god like how me and you are talking, but over time we've lost our way. I think science is a way to get to that singularity in space and time to where we can start to take the next step in learning about other demensions and thinks like anti matter and negative energy which we know there is a force involved but unable to find or grasp the concept
>>
>>590981784
yeah
>>
>>590981452
Actually I'm agnostic. I believe there might be a god, but realize there might not be one either. When I was younger, I was a strict atheist, but as I grew older though, I realized that the odds of god existing, or at least something resembling a god are probably higher than what most atheists realize.

>we're created only to worship the creator

Oh man, I love this. Honestly probably the most realistic theory for a god I've heard. I mean, if you were god, why wouldnt you want people to praise you all the time!

Oh, and we're 2015 now bud, incase you didnt get the memo
>>
>>590982351

I've seen him dude i just can't
>>
>>590981707
Can I ask why? the Old Prussians are no longer an ethnic group, and the traditions were lost long ago. The language died and anyone who speaks it today learned it through the revival movement. Is it a matter of pride in your pre-Christian cultural roots?
>>
File: 1420441047737.jpg (28KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1420441047737.jpg
28KB, 260x260px
>>590979423
>>done a lot of acid

That doesn't grant any credibility, you just sound retarded.
>>
File: tumblr_mnn42aW4bc1s2qt97o1_250.jpg (9KB, 240x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnn42aW4bc1s2qt97o1_250.jpg
9KB, 240x280px
Lawd have murcy
>>
>>590981806

btw I've done acid once and never seen god through acid lol
>>
>>590982573
We weren't a mistake, the Universe doesn't make mistakes. We were never perfect creatures, just ugly apes. God is not an ape.
>>
>>590983031

we weren't apes man, not giving the human race enough credit with science and disregarding our intelligence
>>
>>590982660
And what exactly did you see? What were you doing? We're you tired? We're you drunk? Did you eat some funny looking mushrooms? Were you raised in a predominantly Christian household? And we're you taught your beliefs or did you teach yourself?
>>
>>590982755
I didn't claim it gave me credibility. But anyone whose experimented with LSD knows that it affects one's consciousness and perception of reality as well as one's sense of self in a very particular and profound way. Are you one of those kids who thinks acid is a drug that makes everything look like a cartoon or you see giant spiders?
>>
>>590981658
Absolutely! Human intelligence means that we can engineer a solution, and change for the better. I think the problem is once we pair up that intelligence with greed
>>
We are magic everythings magic everyone has magic we just dont know it yet.
Cant argue with me because if you do i know youre just someone whos harnessed the power of magic already and wants me to stray from my path.
>>
>>590982931
God can't be seen, just experienced, so that follows. I've done acid many times, but it's rare that I have a trip so profound that I've had the sort of experience that the Christian contemplatives have described. Only once, in fact.
>>
>>590982641

Different anon but what would be the point of creating a race of people just to praise you? What would praise do for a god? If he requires praise then that would mean God has self-esteem issues. That would be fine for gods like those of the greeks who got angry and jealous and shit but if we're trying to consider god as the pinnacle of everything then he shouldn't need constant worship.
>>
>>590981644
...and then the pun deflates.
Although in the new translation of the Mass, there is another pun:
"Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and I shall be healed."
Get it?
>>
>>590983366
we are apes at this very moment. The five great apes are:
Orangutans
Gorillas
Chimpanzees
Bonobos
Humans

We share upwards of 95% of our genetic information with chimps.
>>
>>590983366
>implying apes aren't some of the most intelligent animals on the entire fucking planet.
>>
>>590982755
People who base beliefs off of trips have done something most religious folk will never do: question, and think for themselves.
>>
File: Don_t_tell_no_body.gif (637KB, 799x442px) Image search: [Google]
Don_t_tell_no_body.gif
637KB, 799x442px
>>590981210
>>
>>590983378

i went to bible camp for most of my life man, wasn't shoved down my throat, i enjoyed it, i enjoy spiritual people who don't disregard others spiritual views, theres so much more for us to learn and the humans race isn't focused about the general welfare of Humans just countries and religious factions, that being said i have done Dmt, if you've done your research its found everywhere man and released when you dream, which is where i get a lot of my deja vu from, not that they are connected, but i saw god yes, and i cried, and i had to look away, and i felt like he told me i wasn't ready to see that yet, so i might try DMT in another 10 years, i believe in out of body experiences and that stuff its just really complex man and hard to describe like anyones spirituality, but i didn't imagine it, like Deja Vu in a dream you feel you've been there before, i felt like i knew who this figure was when i looked at it idk man, its scary shit
>>
File: behind reality.jpg (295KB, 736x573px) Image search: [Google]
behind reality.jpg
295KB, 736x573px
>>590979423
God creates? Haven't you considered, while consuming acid, that this Universe is, and has created itself?

Time itself as we know it is a bubble in which all things seem separated as individuals. Imagine a rope, twist it, and it's made of individual threads all apart of one giant line. Time allows us to see ourselves as individuals, but we're all of one. All loves, and hates cancel each out into a boundless gray,
>>
>>590983807
You do make a very good point. I was just trying to annoy my sand nigger friend there.
>>
>>590983860

yeah so that 5% we don't must be crazy complex if they haven't invented a wheel yet
>>
>>590984241
that's nearly identical to what I just laid out.
>>
>>590983937

you show me a group of Apes that have mad a hyroncolider and ill give them more credit, beautiful creatures obviously and intelligent but that 95% of DNA shared dosent have their brains working at even 5% of our intellectual ability
>>
>>590984341
Human intelligence is obviously above and beyond that of all the other apes. Everyone recognizes that. Do you think this is evidence against our being classified as apes, or are you just talking smack on chimpanzees because they raped your mother?
>>
>>590983809
Bird is the word?
>>
>>590984528
Which?
>>
>>590984602
show me a human intelligent enough to spell hadron collider correctly and I'll take your opinions more seriously.
>>
>>590984828
I didn't realize >>590984341 was speaking english..
>>
>>590984828

why are you calling me names? No i dont consider humans apes, don't we have a lot of DNA shared with pigs and Dolphins also (Not Sure how exact just a question) all matter is created by the same fundamental shit i don't think its far fetched we share DNA similar but the categorization is off to me
>>
>>590985013

sorry man I'm dyslexic and needed spell check to spell that right, my spelling is off but i get the gist
>>
>>590982641
Well you're right 2015, my bad, but since you're agnostic you're probably more open minded about religion, and god doesn't need us nor he wants our praising, it's has more to do with our own spirituality and to remind us to be thankful to god for everything, Islam basically gives you god's rules if you follow them you'll go to heaven and if you don't you burn in hell, unlike Jews and Christians who bend the rules to adjust to the world, we follow god's word
>>
>>590977737
>anit-Zeitgeist-tier stupidity
>>
>>590985128
We share way more DNA with chimpanzees than any other animal on the planet.
And guess what animal looks the most like a person? A chimpanzee. Coincidence? You tell me. Just google Chromosome 2 if you need more evidence that we share a common ancestor with the other apes.
>>
An old saying: God love a duck
>>
>>590985585
Zeitgeist is total bullshit. Do you really want to attempt a defense of that unresearched shit, because they literally use the son/sun argument in the film.
>>
>>590985706
but the duck don't love god
>>
>>590985868
Do you speak for all ducks?
>>
>>590974806
All relligions are true. After armageddon there is war between gods and their followers. Right now gods are just trying to convert as many people to their relligions as possible. Looks like towelheads are winning for now.
>>
>>590984204
You were coerced into enjoying it. I was in a Catholic Private school for 12 fucking years. I used to believe in God, I uses to pray to him every night. Anytime I thought of grave images I'd fucking hit myself and say " God is watching me, he knows I'm a sinner." Crying myself to sleep at n8ght because I was so scared of God's vengeance and what would happen if I slip up. I used to repeat prayers for hours on end to him, in hopes he would talk back to me.... to tell me I don't have to be scares and that he loves me. But it didn't happen. My prayers were never answered, he didn't protect me from the merciless bullies at that school. He didn't even give me the happines and exempt ancestors I craved. I began to push away the idea. At first terrified of what was to come. But soon realized I wasn't smite down. I had turned my back to the one I thought most powerful, but I was okay. So I screamed to the heavens "I don't need you, you fucking joke!".... nothing. It was at that time I had pierced to veil of lies that had been draped upon me by the zombies. That is why I don't believe.
>>
>>590985801
And you're saying it was completely inaccurate, because you don't like it?
>>
>>590985585
http://conspiracies.skepticproject.com/articles/zeitgeist/
>>
>>590986062
see
>>590986118
and learn some critical thinking skills
>>
>>590986022

> Judaism became corrupt
> Christianity corrected it
> Christianity became corrupt
> Islam the last religion of god corrected it
> it's as simple as that
>>
Agnostic Master Race.
>>
>>590986042
*He didn't even give me the happiness and acceptance*
My phones auto correct pisses me off.
>>
>>590986022
you read too much Everworld as a kid.
>>
>>590986425
Islam corrected nothing. Except for the 72 virgins part.
>>
>>590986608
that part's not actually in the Quran.
>>
>>590974806
>most muslims go to hell except the terroists
>only christians who dont go to church get sent to heaven
>only really intense jews and jews who do not recognise their faith go to heaven, in betweeners go to hell
>native americans go to hell unless they died before the age of 15
>if you favor zeus over posidon you go to hell
>if you live in India and are Hindu you go to heaven, if you are in any other country, hell
>wiccans can go to heaven if they dont wear black more than 50% of the time
>shamans go to heaven but they might become animals or ballons
>buddhists go to an empty room to meditate for eternity, exept for white american buddhists who get to go to heaven and win the lottery upon arrival
>catholics go to a different heaven where everything is less nice and things break alot, their water fountains acctually only spray water if they even work
>Agnostics become giant bird peple in heaven and can prey upon others for 10 years before they are sent to hell to do the same, the switch back and forth forever
>pagans go to heaven but have to build their houses from sticks
>>
>>590986608
your concept or perception of virgins differs from ours
>>
>>590974806
I've always believed that if God created the universe then he also created evolution. He's god right? Then he can do anything
> but Muh bible
that old as hell book that was written by well over a dozen jackasses and is full of inconsistencies? Pass
hell the only to good thing the bible lays out is that it's a pretty dickish thing to murder your neighbor
>>
>>590986118
>>590986192
Yes, broadly extrapolating large amounts of information on religion's basis can be dissected as flaws if you choose to take religion on it's merit to be the trust source. It still believe there were accurate points made that made sense, and many still worthy. I do not choose to not accept all because of certain parts I don't like.
>>
>>590977737
Oh yeah well you're stupid.

And then so war begins. Just shut the fuck up and stop creating conflict. Keep your beliefs in your mind cause nobody should give a shit what other people believe
>>
>>590986042

no i wasn't man i don't like church anymore
but it gave me a window to grow
>>
>>590986800
>native americans go to hell unless they died before the age of 15
this
>>
File: 1415466643779.jpg (86KB, 640x822px) Image search: [Google]
1415466643779.jpg
86KB, 640x822px
>>590982916
>>
>>590987232
The bible isn't one book, it would be foolish to dismiss it all by clumping it all together. There are lots of old myths, some pseudo-history, and made up miracles. There are also lots of wise teachings, beautiful poetry, and reasonable theology and moral philosophy. You can't throw out the Gospels because you don't like Leviticus, or dismiss Ecclesiastes for the same reason you dismiss the gospels.
>>
>>590987317
Did you like only read the 1st sentence? Okay. Tldr; I used to believe in god, he ain't real so fukkem.
>>
>>590985515
I see, so essentially you show god Eternal gratitude. That's actually a very nice concept, I never viewed Islamism in that light. Very interesting to say the least.

I'm OP btw, so if you want to know what my beliefs are, read the first posts. I think that the earth deserves as much praise and gratitude as your god does.

If you believe that god created everything, the idea of praising something he made, instead of god himself sounds a little silly, I'll admit. But if you believe that everything was created by chance, and that god simply set the ball rolling for everything to be created, well then we really should be thankful. Because it'd because of sheer luck that the earth would have been created in the first place. If thats not a reason to be thankful idk what is.
>>
>>590987290
You can call my stupid, I don't mind. But there is no evidence for Jesus being a solar deity, That's just a fact, sorry if it upsets you.
>>
File: 1418704387773.jpg (38KB, 242x320px) Image search: [Google]
1418704387773.jpg
38KB, 242x320px
>>590974806
I see everything as a wavelength and you can vibe with someone or something when you match wavelengths. Everything is a part of a greater whole called the Flow. We come out of the Flow to learn about it so that when we die as to re-enter the Flow, we have a greater knowledge of it.
>>
>>590982662
i have the old prussian blood flowing through my veins, i am descended from a long line of prussian blacksmiths. i don't know why, but every season, i feel an urge to go visit the sacred fire sites, light them and remember the old sacred forests
>>
>>590987808

ok man thats ur view i don't discredit it, i think science is the answer anyway, I'm not scared of what science holds is al I'm saying
> I beilive in god
>>
>>590987932
Sounds like Taoism except you replaced Tao with Flow.
>>
I worship the Eye of Providence
>>
>>590988050
Whatever, fair enough.
>>
File: 1418748218882.jpg (95KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1418748218882.jpg
95KB, 720x479px
>>590988075
I'll check it out thanks /b/rother.
>>
>>590986800
>Agnostics become giant bird peple in heaven and can prey upon others for 10 years before they are sent to hell to do the same, the switch back and forth forever

I;m okay with this
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.