[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /b/. Trying to find a 1TB SSD to replace the shitty hybrid

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: m500_ssd.jpg (228KB, 1600x1130px) Image search: [Google]
m500_ssd.jpg
228KB, 1600x1130px
Hey, /b/. Trying to find a 1TB SSD to replace the shitty hybrid drive in my new laptop. Needs to be 2.5" Sata III. My budget is roughly $650 after tax. Any recommendations?

Currently crucial m500 is my top pick, but I want to make the right choice and I trust /b/ as stupid as that sounds.
>>
>>571267593
lrn2Amazon
>>
840 Evo
>>
>>571268243
idiot

>>571268359
heard of it. is that still one of the fastest drives out there?
>>
>>571269191
I have 840 evo. It's gr8. Mines 500gb though
>>
>>571269191
>idiot
you're the dumb ass not going to a computer part store for it, instead, you come here like a dumb ass.
>>
>>571269301
would you still buy the 500 gb version?
>>
>>571268243
Amazon resells bad batches of shit the same as Walmart sells the shit that only barely passed QC.

I've had to return tons of shit to amazon only to buy it from a better source for $5 - $20 more and not have any issues.
>>
>>571269534
I got it for like 280 on cyber Monday. Pretty good deal. If I could find a good deal on a tb I would go for that.
>>
What do you need that much space for? SSD is not very good for storing data. You should at least back up the data often. SSD can literally fail any time without any warnings whatsoever. Sure, so can HDD, but usually HDD dies slower.
>>
>>571269517
people who work in a computer part store are sell you leftovers if they think you have no clue about hardware
>>
Newegg's shell shocker deal 512gb sata 3 for 270
>>
>>571269896
http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=ShellShocker-_-20-147-194-_-09292014_1
>>
Just going to chime in here, I have the 500gb 840 evo. It's pretty good.
>>
>>571269783
So can ram, mobo, and processor, and that can fuck your data harder. Anyone who doesn't make backups is a moron. Let's not make an issue about that.
>>
>>571270003
Okay, just wanted to make it sure.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.