[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /b/itches Rate my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/j

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1311525975battlestation_03.jpg (90KB, 650x607px) Image search: [Google]
1311525975battlestation_03.jpg
90KB, 650x607px
sup /b/itches

Rate my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jProtagonist/saved/4h4BD3

I have a budget of $1000
>>
>>561135702
Don't you have a decent television to use as monitor ? This way you can remove it and spend in a better GPU.
>>
omg ur speshial little snoflake 10/10 im jelly
>>
>>561135702
>buying windows
>>
>>561135702
Also you don't need a 600w power supply.
>>
Don't buy an OS
Don't buy a Dual Core
You will not need more then 8GB of RAM
600w PSU is excessive, you should be fine with a 500w

Unless you are gonna spend more then $200 on a CPU, don't go Intel.
>>
Clearly you know very little about pc building.
Go to r/buildapc.
They're decent for something, you can get advice there.
>>
>>561135702

Dont buy Windows 8, pirate it
Get a quad core processor
Im sure there is a better option for RAM out there
Use the money you saved by doing these things and buy a better graphics card
>>
>>561135702
not bad
>room for improvement
>scafolding is for buildings
>>
No need for that much ram, if you want a gaming pc then take the money from the ram and shove it into a better video card
>>
>>561135702
>Dual core Intel CPU.
>Windows 8.1.
Pls no.

>Memory.
8GB should be fine for the majority of people, unless you are doing video rendering or something that requires a lot of power.

>Motherboard.
Completely fine.

>Storage.
I would suggest a bigger HDD, but that's entirely up to you. Depends how much you are going to store on the computer and what you're using it for.

>GPU.
Here is where I'm going to disagree with all of the other Anons. I think that video card you picked out is completely adequate. You don't necessarily need a more powerful one than that.

>Case.
Cool case. I like it.

>Power supply.
It may be a bit over the top for your build, but if you want to be safe then keep that one.

>Monitor.
Good monitor choice. Not much else to say.

>Overall.
It's a fairly good build. I would strongly suggest not buying Windows 8.1. Also, Intel CPUs aren't that good for gaming. Especially the one you picked. Personally I would go for an AMD processor.
>>
>>561135702
>2014
>buying OS
>>
>>561135903
>>561135962
>>561136037
>>561136515
Changed it a bit. Removed 8G of RAM, removed windows (will pirate) Now what should I add?
>>
>>561137321
/thread.
Intel or AMD is just personal preference.
>>
File: My PC (dunno why 666mhz).png (38KB, 674x534px) Image search: [Google]
My PC (dunno why 666mhz).png
38KB, 674x534px
>>561135702
only need 8 GB ram for gaming PC
Take 1 off, put it into better video card
Take off the Dual core and put it into Quad Core intel i5 or i7
>Dual core for games that are made 2008+ will wreck your PC even if you have a $1000 Vid card, that Dual core will bottle neck you to the moon
Also, if you have a monitor at home like a TV that you can use, take off that as well so you have some playing money because the Quad core's intel i5 and i7 is more expensive.
>Got my PC for $600 ((Pic Related))
I know I don't have a good video card, however I am going to upgrade in 1 months time.
>dat 666mhz RAM even though it is supposed to be 1600mhz
>>
>>561135702
Why the fuck are your buying a mobo which is more expensive than your cpu? Everything you have is fine except for the dual core cpu.

Get an i5 3570k or just an i5 3570 if you aren't going to overclock.
>>
>>561135702
best buy,
buy a computer
put in graphics and ram
problem solved
>>
>>561136612
I'd invest in a SSD with leftovers.
>>
>>561135702
>$700 for a pentium and a 750 ti
m8 come on, you can do better than that.
>>
>>561136037
>>561137757
>>561137581
>>561137321
So, more cores, or better cores?
Also, suggest a better graphics card then
>>
>>561137846
Except, Best Buy and any other store that sells computers and/or laptops come preinstalled with shitty malware--bloatware that usually "requires" you to have on the computer unless it won't function properly
>Source: Grandfather bought laptop from BestBuy, I uninstalled something that BestBuy installed(bloatware) and 10 seconds later, blue screen of death
>Their answer was: install it again to make it function properly
fuck that noise
>>
>>561137905
that pentium is pretty beast tho and dirt cheap.
>overclock till death.
>>
>>561138010
Quad core (4 cores) Intel i5 4670 is the best I can find that keeps up with today's technology
>priced around $200

Video card, IF you can do it, Nvidia GTX 760
>Priced at about $250
>>
>>561138010
If you're going to be doing anything like streaming to twitch or any kind of multitasking, you can't have a dual core.

A quad core means being able to do anything and everything simultaneous, although a HDD is technically a bottleneck by itself considering how slow they get over time.

The e8400 is the last dual core I'll ever own
>>
>>561137581
>>561137321
>>561137757
>>561138496
>>561138262

Changed core to i5 4670
>>
>>561138010
Video card is fine. As I said, you don't necessarily need a more powerful one than that. A better CPU is a must, though. Have a look on AMD's website for some more powerful, but cheap CPUs. Obviously AMD is just a personal preference, but that's what I would suggest. ( Instead of Intel )
>>
>>561138496
Adding on to what this guy said...
Quad core means that you can essentially do 4 tasks at once without your PC getting decreased performance, example:
>Firefox + Google Chrome + Battlefield 4 + TeamSpeak 3
That's 4 tasks essentially that the computer is being handed, the CPU that has 4 cores will "think" and balance those tasks across 4 cores, while if you were to try to do that on a Dual Core, you will notice extreme performance loss in all of your tasks, slower internet browsing, lagging in TeamSpeak 3, and even lagging in BF4+disconnects. Quad core CPU's also "think" about 2.5x faster than a Dual Core CPU, which can result in doing things at a much faster pace, like me, >RIGHT NOW I have open 12 tabs in Google Chrome and 10 tabs in Firefox, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3
And not noticing any performance issues, However, if I was on a Dual core, I would notice my PC freezing up to try to think out the different processes that it would have to do for those individual tabs/games/etc
>>
>>561139443
This guy has got it right. I have an eight-core CPU, so I basically never have performance issues with my PC.
>>
>>561139186
Build looks pretty good. Main thing right now that you might want to change is the mobo. If you're not going to be overclocking and are only going to be using 8gb of ram (which you should) you might want to look into getting a cheaper one.

The main purpose for your current board is to have SLI GPUs, meaning more than one working in tandem.

However, if you're looking for future proofing it's a fine motherboard.
>>
I thought if you pirated windows it wouldn't work correctly or update, wtf.
>>
>>561141641
No, windows 7 works fine. Windows 8 on the other hand might have issues.

But you don't need windows 8 because 7 is fine.
>so fuck it
>buy windows 9 instead
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.