[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On February 19th it's going down. Shamrock vs. Gracie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9

On February 19th it's going down.

Shamrock vs. Gracie III.

Who wins?
>>
Who cares?
>>
Not the people who bought tickets.
>>
kimbo slice vs dada 5000 is on that same card
>>
>>975689
Dada 5000 should be an anti-art spewing computer, not an MMA competitor
>>
File: laughing pei wei chef.jpg (9KB, 200x254px) Image search: [Google]
laughing pei wei chef.jpg
9KB, 200x254px
>>975673
>lellator's main event involves 2 old men who will attempt to hug and hump the other one
>>
>>975673
Gracie family are complete pussies when it comes to striking.
>>
Nobody, it's two dudes who are legit legends of the sport acting like sad old men trying to reclaim the glory and relevance they had over two decades ago. There's absolutely nothing to gain from this except for whoever wins and gets to brag about it like it means anything. It won't be a good fight, they won't be athletic, they won't bring anything technical. Them gassing out past the 3 minute mark and carrying on with the circus, all this after watching two niggas from da hood trade extra brain damage right before, only serves to further damage their legacy and makes them look pathetic.
>>
>>975673

gracie wins by choke and then issues a challenge to matt hughes.
>>
Ken Shamrock "The World's Most Dangerous Man". 28-16-2. He originally retired in 1996, decided to come back and he's lost 11 of his last 16 fights. Yeah.
>>
>>976019
Royce's record might look better on paper, but that's just because he stopped trying while Shamrock kept at it. After their 1995 draw Royce fought only 7 times. He beat cans Nobuhiko Takada and Akebono, drew with meh competitors Hidehiko Yoshida and Hideo Tokoro and lost to the two actually good fighters he met, Kazushi Sakuraba and Matt Hughes. He beat a broken down shell of Sakuraba, absolutely fucked by years of fighting heavyweights when his natural size is like welter, by decision in 2007, tested positive for steroids and hasn't fought since.

Neither of these 50 year old men have looked good or even been relevant since like 2000 or so.
>>
>>976012

>gracie vs hughes ii

This.
>>
>>975673

Kenneth wins in a dreadful sad fight that is still eight times more exciting than anything the WWE goof and geek circus can offer.
>>
>>975673
Bought floor seats for this bitch! Only $125 online. Mayweather tickets equivalent is $350,000 lol. Much rather see Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000 with cherry on top Royce Gracie original winer of UFC 1 redoing the finale 2 decades later.
>>
>>975948
>> every combat sport ever.png
Not Kyokushin Karate.
>>
When was the last time a Gracie won an mma match? they always seem to lose
>>
>>984872
yeah but nobody gives a shit about that
>>
>>984872
thats just a couple of tards slapping each other in the chest
>>
>>975673
Whoever wins, we lose

Alien versus Pensioner
>>
>>985102
>thats just a couple of tards slapping each other in the chest
That's bare knuckled brawling, kid.
>>
>>985611
No, bare knuckled brawling involves punching each other in the face.

>inb4 "MUH HAND INJURIES"
>>
>>984922
well we know royce is only able to win when he's juicing, so it all depends
>>
>>984872
Jesus Christ you niggers need to cut it out. Why the fuck does every martial art have to get faggots who act as if they're actively trying to ruin it for everyone.
>>
>>984922
Kron Gracie, Rickson's son, beat some Japanese dude (probably a ham bone) at that Rizin event on New Year's Eve. Again, he was fed a can, but his BJJ looked really nice.
>>
>>985952
>Why the fuck does every martial art have to get faggots who act as if they're actively trying to ruin it for everyone.
Because MMA exists.

>2016
>1 martial art
>>
>>986794
Kron beat the nephew of Kid Yamamoto, Asen Yamamoto. The dude's only 19 and it was his first MMA match, so yeah something of a can, but the new Yamamoto already won wrestling gold in the 152lbs division at the FILA Cadet World Championships so he's exactly lacking athletically I guess. We'll have to see if he sticks to MMA and how he evolves if he does.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (902KB, 1300x1733px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
902KB, 1300x1733px
>kid.
18+ junior
>>
>>975679
The OP, you fucking retard. How stupid do you have to be to not be able to figure that one out?
>>
>>986979
I honestly don't think he's going to pour everything he's got into it. He's got a brand and a mystique that I think he believes will be tarnished if he aspires to the UFC and leaves himself vulnerable to the inevitable losses that would bring.

In short, he'll play it safe like his father did and only fight for high profile, big money, low risk fights in Japan.

It's a shame really.. he probably could be a top 15 fighter if he went for it..
>>
>>989015
Seems reasonable, but you never know. MMA was tarnished in Japan thanks to Pride's financial fuckery and accusations (can't remember if proven) of yakuza ties but I think it's slowly picking back up.

It'll likely never be what it was during the combat sports craze of K1 and Pride but it'd be nice to see the scene be a bit less dead. Japan still has a fairly well organized, country-wide amateur scene thanks to Shooto, which is a fantastic thing for hopefuls and it sucks it doesn't happen elsewhere. Rizin was primarily a nostalgia-fueled freak show but it's a start for a high profile organization and UFC's Fight Night in Japan was well received, there's minor orgs to fight in like DEEP, RINGS, IGF or Pancrase.

Kyoji Horiguchi's also fairly young at 25, sports a traditional japanese martial arts background in his karate, is technically a Shooto rep which they can potentially milk to enthusiasts and he stands a decent chance of being flyweight champ down the line, too. A name to get behind and follow as an example can be a good motivator.
>>
>>975673
Coker.
>>
>>975689
>Kimbo Slice
I still have no fucking idea how somebody can have so much fucking money, have it as a career yet somehow still not have any improvement to his stand up and grappling when he can pay for the best trainers.

And if he's too cheap for the best he can still get a guy to teach him how to fucking get up from under people.
>>
>>989359
From everything I can find, Slice started training "seriously" in 2005. He was already 31, from the boonies and his only prior experience was a couple years of backyard punchouts. In fact, he started training to do better in these backyard punchouts and then took an interest in actual MMA, likely aided by his sudden rise in popularity that pretty much guaranteed him decent money from any b-tier promotion.

There's only so much even the best camps can do for something like that. There's also his dalliances with "pro" boxing, using the term in the strictest sense of him being paid to do it, which likely meant his MMA training took a backseat, if it continued at all during that period. He also admitted to having arthritis in his knee during his UFC tenure, guy's well past any aspirations he might've had to any credible success.

I'm pretty sure Kimbo knows he's the freakshow fight there to get casuals watching. And why should he care or try harder? He's in his 40s, paid handsomely to (try) and crush cans and people still care more about his fight with Nigga Wannabe than, say, legitimately skilled light heavyweights Emmanuel Newton and Linton Vassel.

I hate everything about both of these freakshow main events, but I can't hold it against the guy for capitalizing on his chance and making a living he could otherwise only have dreamed of.
>>
>>989535
You're right. I don't like it but you're right.

Good on him I guess.
>>
>>989593
Good on him, bad on the business and the fans that allow this shit when the sport has so very clearly moved forward by leaps and bounds in its relatively short history.
>>
>>990013
>the sport has so very clearly moved forward by leaps and bounds in its relatively short history.
Still not far enough, though.
>>
>>990215
Well, consider this. From 95 to 98, the Kimbo Slice prototype that was Tank Abbot was a relatively credible fighter who even fought Maurice Smith for the UFC's heavyweight title. At least nowadays we know that Slice is a freakshow fight.
>>
>Shamrock vs. Gracie
>In 2016
>>
History will happen tonight.
>>
>>975673
This is going down friday?

What time and network?
>>
does anyone have free stream link?
>>
>>994190
9/8 Central time on Spike TV.
>>
>>994201
Thanks m8.
Cant miss this.
>>
File: shamrock-estherlin.0.0-730x400.png (482KB, 730x400px) Image search: [Google]
shamrock-estherlin.0.0-730x400.png
482KB, 730x400px
Fucking hell does Bellator even drug test at all?

Look at this dude. Dude is like, what, 55 years old? I mean, I know they don't go through USADA like the UFC and they MUST not be doing out of competition testing but still...this is a joke.
>>
>>995199
probably the good stuff that cant be detected yet.
>>
And he's fighting this guy? Fucking hell is Royce dying of cancer? Did he take this fight to pay for chemo? Fucking hell..
>>
>>995206
He's vegan
>>
>>995217
why doesnt the young gracie fight rener or whatever?
>>
>>995228
I don't think he trains for mma. He trains mma fighters as a BJJ coach, but he, himself, doesn't train for mma.
>>
>>995228
Because the Gracie family refuses to fight anyone with 1 year of MMA training, that's why they fight chumps from Nippon.
>>
Anyone streaming this? I don't have cable because never wanted to watch anything on it before.
>>
>>995253
couple links here
http://firstrowsportes.com/boxing
>>
>>995268
Thank you. May your bloodline be prosperous well into the future
>>
>>995253
I have cable, then about a month ago they removed spike from my plan without warning. I was pretty annoyed.
>>
I hate Ken but I hate the Gracies more. Hoyce looking like a ninja turtle with jaundice now.
>>
>>995268
>http://firstrowsportes.com/boxing
This link is wack
Anyone got a better one?
>>
>>995479
edit: never mind. One of them decided to work just fine

thx
>>
lol the slice/5000 fight is pride tier freakshow fight
>>
GASSED OUT
>>
http://sportcategory.org/boxing
>>
Even the commentators are making fun of them
>>
File: ohno.gif (675KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ohno.gif
675KB, 480x270px
THAT KO
>>
That was painful to watch
>>
gassed after 30 seconds in round one

classic kimbo
>>
take note of this, it's the first and last time you will ever see someone get knocked out, fall forwards, and be propped up by the guy who knocked him out because he's to tired to push the guy off

that was a joke. I didn't realize the standards in this organization are so low, its literally pro wrestling tier. I think I'm going to become a professional fighter if that's the quality of guy I have to fight agains
>>
>>995681
This is fucking garbage
>>
this is a circus. Even for bellator standards.
>>
I think Dada died
>>
I AM HORCE GRACIE
>>
R.I.P DADA
>>
I AM Horse Gracie
>>
Are you fucking kidding me
>>
that was the worst call ive ever seen that was some pro wrestling bullshit
>>
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
>>
colisse tabarnak
>>
>>975673
Shamrock looks like Fred Flintstone
>>
oh look, the gracies rigged another fight
how much you think they paid the ref to not call that nut shot?
>>
KEEP IT PLAYFUL
GRACIE JIU JITSU
>>
Bellator is fucking garbage. never again.
>>
Holy fuck that was the gayest shit I've ever seen. If I was a paying member in the audience i would be fucking screaming.
>>
That last fight was such fucking bullshit. TKO by nut shot and the ref calling it early as fuck.
Sounds like something out of pro-wrestling.

also the fight between Kimbo Slice Vs that 5000 guy was the worst professional fight I have ever seen. It was so bad it was actually funny at times.

Tonight was a fucking bust of legendary proportions.
>>
This is bellator's last year in the MMA business.
>>
FAKEST
SHIT
EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/Whatcold/Feb%2020%202016%200017_zps8klsrrzg.gif
>>
File: image.jpg (342KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
342KB, 517x768px
>>995933
So glad i skipped that shit
>>
>>995933
the best part was when they were on the ground and andre 3000 just rolled off of jimbo on to his back without bongo doing anything
they looked like baby pandas out there
>>
Last two fights were utter dog shit.
>>
>>995815
kek
>>
lol he kneeed him in the balls. Hoyce is a dirty fighter. He also kicked Yoshida in the balls
>>
>>975673
Didn´t know Kimbo was an airbender, Dada 5000 literally got knocked out by the air of Kimbo's missed punch.
>>
>>976076
I used to "hate" Royce Gracie `cos all the hype BJJ got after the early UFCs where he beats basically McDojoers who were training with 9 year olds ate their local malls. But then i "noticed" he got legin wins against Shamrock and Severn and lasted 90 minutes against Sakuraba, so i told to myself, "well, maybe this guy wasn`t just a marketing product" but no one will ever knows, and it doesn`t means anything by the way.
>>
>>995206
He really resembles his father now.

>>976076
> He beat a broken down shell of Sakuraba, absolutely fucked by years of fighting heavyweights when his natural size is like welter, by decision in 2007, tested positive for steroids and hasn't fought since.
I hate how Gracie apologists try to downplay what he did. I respected Royce in the early UFCs because he showed the world that superior technique and groundfighting can nullify strength and size. He even ripped on people taking steroids but then he takes it himself to "beat" Saku? Dude pissed away his legacy for that bullshit.

Hell, I'm beginning to think Yoshida DID choke him out in their first match.

As for Shamrock vs Gracie III, this should've happened 20 years ago when they were still in their prime. Who the fuck cares that some old guys are having their rubber match? I know Ken and Royce were MMA pioneers, but this is pathetic.
>>
File: 1448676011131.jpg (541KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1448676011131.jpg
541KB, 1920x1200px
>>975875

Really???
You've obviously never watched the gracie fight. Royse gracie wasn't even one of the good gracie fighters.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SaXN5kgGYic

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fzy_mvCtQw0
>>
>>995206
It's called old age
>>
>>996729
>Kron
The prodigy son who carries the legacy of fighting chumps in Japan.
Bravo, GJJ at its best.
>>
>>996729
Asen is a nobody. Gracies know they can fight Japanese cans and get paid more than dealing with legit competition in the UFC.

I gave Royce props for stepping up against Matt Hughes despite getting pummeled. LOL, Rorion's website even detailed how Matt's victory was a victory of Gracie JJ since he used it to defeat Royce.

And Rickson's only good wins were against an undersized eye-gouged Yuki Nakai and a broken down Masakatsu Funaki. Bas Rutten publicly challenged him twice for a fight which never happened. And Rickson never stepped up against Sakuraba.

I remember Wanderlei Silva telling Rickson he was full of shit and living in a fantasy like Star Wars when criticizing Fedor and other MMA stars in the mid-2000's. Rickson is a phenomenal submission grappler. He could tapout everyone on this board with ease, but he's no MMA legend.
>>
>>995199
Why dose it matter? Honestly, these guys should be on trt. At this age they won't ever recover.

A. Preventing fighters from trt is harmful to the fighters as they cannot recover properly. I know countless fighters that are in their 20s and have gone bald, gray hair and generally over all bad physical health because they've beat themselves routinely for years. Guys at my gym say a fighters age like dogs. Put them on trt and they can heal, train, and fight. They can prevent many of the injuries that plague the sport like concussions. You pro moral retards think you're doing the right thing but in all honesty are harming the fighters and the sport.

B. As some one that is in trt and fights I can tell you steroids hinder performance in alot of ways. The increase of red blood give highblood pressure which in turn kills cardio performance. It also messes woth your grip ability. My gripping ability fatigues much quicker because of the excess pump you get from being on these substances.

Yes these can make you stronger and more powerful but as connor mcgregor put it "precision beats power, and timing beats speed"

I'm strong and the more skilled opponent kicks my ass everytime.

Preventing fighters from proper recover so you can prevent them from being stronger for fear of nothing(ufc and mma since the inception have allowed it until just recently) is a dangerous road to put us on.

What I'm seeing alot is parroting the official narritive. Water cooler chatter from a bunch of non fighters
>>
Old age.
>>
>>996741
>Preventing fighters from trt is harmful to the fighters as they cannot recover properly
how about you stop overtraining?

> They can prevent many of the injuries that plague the sport
true
>like concussions
wat? doubt.jpg

> harming the fighters
you do realise that steroids are harmfull too?

>As some one that is in trt and fight
dickhead

> steroids hinder performance in alot of ways
still a huge net gain, thats why people take them

> you can prevent them from being stronger for fear of nothing
roids are regulated because the highest weight class would be full of "the mountain" lookalikes otherwise. imagine what happens when someone who weights 200kg of mainly muscle hits you in the head. the drug tests limit the maximum amount of gear you can take without getting caught, putting borders to transforming yourself into a crossbreed of arnold and an ogre. and the absence of roid-induced gigantism helps prevent injuries.

also, the anti-roid regulations are there so people would ideally not have to take dangerous and unhealthy substances to compete.
>muh roids are healthy
no, they are not, their dangers are overhyped, but it is the same with most ilegal drugs. but they are not healthy.

>that ad hominem at the end
those are big words from a cheater
>>
>>996244
you know he did a fuck ton of steroids right? he even got fined after sakuraba when they found out
>>
>>996716
No one wanted Shamrock vs Gracie III 20 years ago because their second fight was complete and utter garbage. It was 30 uninterrupted minutes of Shamrock resting inside Royce's guard. Then Big John, bless his soul, stood them up and told them they had 5 more minutes to go. Immediately the both of them went back to Ken being stuck in Hoyce's guard. The timekeeper refused to ring the bell for a minute after the 35 mark, because holy shit literally nothing happened. It was one of the worst fights ever and people were extremely upset.
>>
Anyone have webms of the fights?
>>
>>998764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYL63UQBldg
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.