[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sbg/ - snowboarding general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: ski-cunt-magazine.jpg (86KB, 600x805px) Image search: [Google]
ski-cunt-magazine.jpg
86KB, 600x805px
Have any question about snowboarding or anything to do with snowboarding?

Post it here. Anything goes.
>>
File: this shit again.jpg (36KB, 492x500px) Image search: [Google]
this shit again.jpg
36KB, 492x500px
>>945718
>being an annoying prick

I bet you ski
>>
>>943268
>>
I've just started snowboarding. How do I do toe edge turns and stops? I always catch an edge or and fall. Last time I went I ended up just switching sides to always do heel edge, and I'm going to practice toe edge next time I go, but I was wondering if anyone had tips.
>>
>>945979
In theory, toes should be easier to balance and absorb shock. Hard to say exactly what your issue is without seeing your riding, I'd say make sure your edge is up high enough (board isn't flat), and keep your upper body pretty still (avoid counter-rotation, which may make it easier to spin your board into the turn, but will fuck up your balance).
>>
>>945979

Pretty much this:
>>946252

Make sure your toes are dug in pretty deep into the snow, when you want to stop, using your toe edge.
>>
File: _R3kt.jpg (19KB, 387x468px) Image search: [Google]
_R3kt.jpg
19KB, 387x468px
>>945915
Sorry, anon. Can't help you out, there. Most probably company-made music. Used Shazam and SounHound. Nothing came up!
>>
Anyone ever done a snowboard instructor course?
is so...
Which one did you do?
How was it?
Easy to find a job?
Any other info to share?
>>
>>945979
I just started as well and just figured out how to link turns. Took me about until the 3rd day to get it.

Basically follow these steps.
1)go to bunny slope and slide down using your toe side digging into the slope while you're facing up the mountain. You won't be going fast at all and if you're feeling like you're going to fall, fall up the mountain.... You don't want to catch a heelside edge.
2) remain on bunny slope and now flatbase down the hill and then stop using your toeside instead of heelside.
3)do your normal flatbase to heel turn to take off a lot of your speed (like 90%), then dig your toeside into the mountain. As you get more comfortable take less and less speed off of your heel stop.

A common analogy is that your front foot is the "gas pedal" and the more weight you put on it, the faster you go. Then your back pedal is your "steering wheel" where you push the heel or toeof your boot depending on your turn.
>>
Ice coast sucks
>>
>>949198
Same, /maryland/ here
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 400x300px
>>949198
>>949390
Any of you been to Teton, Wyoming? Heard there's some great jamming over there
>>
Can I use denatured alcohol to clean my base before waxing?
>>
I just did baby's first snowboard wax. She looks so pretty now. I used a ton of wax though, prolly gonna be a bitch to scrap off, but I swear the base was eating the wax, barely any dripped to the ground but it just seemed to disappear.
>>
Is snowboarding easier than skiing or vice versa? I'm 22 and most of my friends have done wintersports since they were young so I'm looking to catch up as fast as possible. I have no stylistic preference.
>>
File: 1403761787175.jpg (90KB, 679x657px) Image search: [Google]
1403761787175.jpg
90KB, 679x657px
sorry for offtopic but what happened to ski general

i'm concerned
>>
File: cjisW9u.jpg (225KB, 1280x1360px) Image search: [Google]
cjisW9u.jpg
225KB, 1280x1360px
>>965857
Hey friend! Snowboarding is easy and a lot of fun too. When going down a run regardless of the grade all you have to do is face downhill, lean back, and scrape that back edge all the way down. When you get tired just take a break and sit down no matter which trail you're in the middle of. Hope this helps.
>>
File: 20150929_190819.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20150929_190819.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Who cross County snowboard here?
>>
>>966710
make a ski general .
>>
>>965857
skiing is easier in the beginning, its harder when you get to more advanced techniques or tricks
>>
>>965857
Pretty much this >>967028

Do you have any experience in other sports?
>>
File: 20160123_155548.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160123_155548.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>966934
How bout vintage general?
>>
>>966934
Also, that's a pre-made splitter that is more like a make a snowshoe general. Earn your turns bitch.
>>
as someone who spent last winter working at a ski resort I can honestly say that the whole skier/boarder rivalry is pretty much dead and we all were just looking to find freshies and get first chair.
>>
>>968774
My pictures are either in my rental/repair shop or outside a chalet near the resort. Skiers are still faggots but I'll support their rights to shred like everyone else.
>>
>>968816
also I should note i was in Montana and I feel like Colorado might have a larger group of the stereotypical well off, self entitled ski fag.
>>
>>968871
You probably worked for the Same company as me. Fuck the big CO. They are entitled dicks. Wasatch 4 lyfe.
>>
I cook on a ski resort for instructors and kids. What are some foods that you would like to eat in the middle of boarding/skiing, trying to think of some specials to make
>>
>>971828
Chicken tendies

(no lie I run into the lodge, cover some tendies in barbecue sauce and honey mustard and eat it on the lift)
>>
>>971920
Have fingers. I wish we had tendies. They cook a lot faster
>>
I want to get into snowboarding but all my friends are poorfags and lame, would you recommend me going solo?
>>
>>974242
Why not. Make new friends.
>>
>>974242
>all my friends are poorfags and lame
So all your friends snowboard? What's the problem then?
>>
>>975045
Most of my friends can't even manage enough money to even feed themselves for a day
>>
File: nothnx.jpg (32KB, 659x438px) Image search: [Google]
nothnx.jpg
32KB, 659x438px
>>974242
>snowboarding
>>
File: copy.jpg (4MB, 4303x2421px) Image search: [Google]
copy.jpg
4MB, 4303x2421px
Sweet days in Saas-Fee
>>
Anyone watching the Youth Winter Olympics? Been looking for a stream for a while...
>>
>>985104
I think norwegian state TV broadcasts some of the stuff online.
https://tv.nrk.no/direkte/nrk1
Dont know what they send and how much.
>>
>>946534
>company-made music

whu..what is that?
>>
>>985190
Thanks, I have a VPN so I'll try that when something I'm interested in comes up. Been using the official YouTube stream, but they broadcast very little stuff, they streamed one out of all the biathlon events for example.
>>
>>974242
Are you me? I wanna go like every other weekend but none of my friends can go.
>>
>first time riding park, total scrub
>go to baby park to ride the baby boxes
>everyone there is crazy good, doing tricks and shit
>intermediate park next door is completely empty, plz go over there so I don't feel so inferior and getting in everyone's way
>face plant a box and have to leave in shame
>>
>>988599
should have stayed in the baby park and asked for help.
>>
Skier here. You guys are all fags.
>>
>>990815
Complete noobie here, what's so good about skiing compared to snowboarding, isn't it all just a matter of preference?
>>
File: drvil.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
drvil.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>990815
>skier cuts me off
>we slam into each other
>falling down the trail
>skier starts yelling at me in chink speak
>throw his ski into the woods
>mfw
>>
>>991144
Skiers go faster, though it's usually because the person on top of them isn't a fucking 16 year old stoner.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jAHZAUMgAM
>>
>>991258
>going faster = better
>>
don't fuck with snowboarders or we 'll beat you AND your mom. Fucking bitch skiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb6DyGgYQgE
>>
File: 1453496112244.webm (883KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1453496112244.webm
883KB, 720x404px
Double request:
1. I'm about to buy lib tech t. Rice pro as an all mountain board, I barely hit the park and when I do I only do it for jumps. I'm on the road to an advanced rider. Anyone has experiences with this board?
2. I'm looking for snowboarding playlists made from OST from boarding movies. Any idea where I can find such a site? Preferably updated or at least not from the time when gorillaz was hype on these movies.
>>
>>997364
I've heard good things about lib techs and gnu in general, but not that board specifically
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.