[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else find the BJJ "hand slap & fist bump"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: hue_monkey_greeting.jpg (48KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
hue_monkey_greeting.jpg
48KB, 960x639px
Anyone else find the BJJ "hand slap & fist bump" absolutely disgusting?

Bowing — Muh Japanese honor (the best)
Shaking hands — Okay
Hand slap & fist bump — HUE HUE HUE / BIX NOOD MUHFUGGA

And they do it all the time. Not just when starting and stopping with your partner, but at every restart too.

I mean seriously, those kind of greetings are usually reserved for lowlife thugs.
>>
>>871136

Worst thing is when guys in Judo do it.

I always feel kind of embarrased.

>fuck you, I'm not your bro, I don't even know you
>>
>>871136
You are so fucking dumb OP.
>>
>>871136
Why should we care about the opinion of an autist who don't even train?
>>
>>871136

>getting triggered by a simple, corterous handshake

Cool your autism.
>>
what kinda irks me is how there is a two component part.
but just a hand slap would appear kinda disrespectful, and a fist bump alone would make it look like some fraternity
>>
>>871438
used to be 5 mcdojo threads on the front page, not surprised.
>>
>>871136
We don't this disgraceful handshake in GJJ.
>>
> not performing hand slap, fist bump, alternating elbow touches, hip check, imaginary hat tip, hair slick back, slap own ankles x2, and spint over right shoulder before, during, and after practice sessions and matches

Fucking rude, people. Show some civility.
>>
>>871340
Autistic judoka like you are everywhere in dojos
>>
>>871340
I do more bjj than judo and alway put my hand out like a tard at judo expecting a handslap
>>
File: 1447567277681.png (191KB, 384x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447567277681.png
191KB, 384x375px
>>871472
Fuck of Gracie nuthugger
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 500x492px
> Do it all the time before drills in football
> get into wrestling
> do it every drill and sparring
> do Judo alongside and try and do it
> dont get why it's annoying or disrespectful

I bow and do this all the time before randori, a bunch of dorks to get but hurt over it.
>>
>>872045
>>872102

Would you wear a Gi in Wrestling?
Or Boxing gloves in BJJ?
No?

Then why can't you just respect etiquette?!

Leave Judo alone with with your autistic bro-from-da-hood-culture.
>>
>>872359
>autist who can't handle seeing two people fist bump without getting triggered calling others autistic
The irony in your post is so palpable im gonna dismiss it as a troll.
>>
>>872359
It's not even like we're trying to be thugs, it's just to show that after we can go back to being bros.
>>
>>872359
thats not a good comparison at all.
>>
>>872052
You're not alone. Worst thing is that I've been doing Judo longer than I've been doing BJJ.
>>
>>871136
Your autism about basic respect aside, it's to show that people are ready. You wouldn't start swinging in a boxing match before the opening bell
>>
>>871136
Every art can do their own thing, who the fuck cares?
>>
File: duck_under_to_back_2pts.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
duck_under_to_back_2pts.gif
2MB, 500x300px
I'll take the bait
>Bowing is for shit tier weeabo autistic fucks you might as well do aikido and talk about your chi
>Hand shaking is God tier western gentleman level of awesome very respectful
> bumping gloves make sense for boxing as handshake is not viable also makes sense for mma do to gloved striking heritage
>Slap bump fine simple non verbal way of showing non aggression and readiness to play a quick game of who dies first
>>
Truth to be told, you need something to signal that everything is cool and there are no hard feelings after a roll. I do this is Judo with my friends, but obviously if I'm training at another place I try to be as respectful as possible. Bowing or shaking hands is far to formal.
>>
>>871136
Shit me OP 'muh triggers' much? Christ almighty, I mean it's just what they do, nothing wrong with it. I bow after each session of Randori and shit most of the time people in my dojo forget to do even that, next thing you'll do is give out to me for helping my opponent up and giving them a pat on the back if I throw them and vice versa because "IT'S NOT MUH JAPANESE HONOR!"
>>
File: shamefur_dispray.jpg (69KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
shamefur_dispray.jpg
69KB, 407x405px
>>877712

Oh anon..

>The contestants are free to bow when entering or leaving the contest area, although it is not compulsory.
>When entering the Tatami area, fighters should walk to the entrance of the contest area at the same time
>The contestants must NOT shake hands before the start of the contest.

http://www.intjudo.eu/upload/2014_11/22/141664994165105156/ref_rules.pdf

>Bowing Is The Equivalent To A Salute, Handshake, Etc.
>If athletes attempt to shake or slap hands, the referee may try to verbally ("NO") dissuade them

http://www.teamusa.org/usa-judo/features/2013/february/01/ijf-refereeing-and-competition-rules-modifications
>>
>>877761
I'll straight up admit I don't compete, I don't think I'm at a level where I'm ready to do so, I'd like to but it's a longer term goal than some others right now, ergo a lot of the etiquette is just in dojo stuff and I wasn't considering competition etiquette.

You feel me dawg?
>>
>>877761
Also I'm stealing that picture, 10/10 best shamfur I've seen.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.