[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there even any point in trying to start a martial art if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1448292937477.jpg (172KB, 418x834px) Image search: [Google]
1448292937477.jpg
172KB, 418x834px
Is there even any point in trying to start a martial art if you're not a child?
It's not like you'd ever be any good at that point
>>
>>854748
you can get good, will you be a champ? probably not but you can get good.
>>
>>854748

This is objectively false and it can be applied to anything in life.

It's never too late to start anything, it's just a petty excuse people like to make for not wanting to do something.
>>
Op is retarded
>just give up on life when you're older
>>
You'll be good and you have a shot at becoming the champ because those guys that trained from child probably racked up a significant number of injuries during their careers.

You also might have talent, I don't know about martial arts but in sprinting/lifting/running it plays a huge role.
>>
>>854748
Sergio Martinez didn't start boxing until 20 and he is one of the best middleweight sin the past ten years.
>>
>>854748
I'd bet your between 18 and 20.

That's just a meme that teachers drill into kids so that they try things earlier and don't just veg out in front of the TV safe in the knowledge they can just do things late in life.

You'll get as much out of martial arts as an adult as a kid will. In fact most good martial arts won't even take kids as students.
>>
>>855901
This is bullshit.

>>854748
OP, you can get good if you start old, even really good, but you just won't be as good as you could've been if you were to start earlier when your brain was still young and plastic.
>>
File: wu.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wu.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>855857
He's right anon. Even starting in your 20s you can attain this level of mastery in 2 years!
>>
>>854748
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when a board is killed by newfag floods.

Will we get this thread every single fucking day now or what?
>>
>>856806
Should I start taking martial arts as a adult?
>>
>>856806
>by newfag floods.
At least they're not trying to flood the board with WWE.

We should encourage growth of our martial arts community, not portray annoyance towards potential members who may one day further the growth of our community, and the skills and knowledge that come with our community.
>>
>>857435
>We should encourage growth of our martial arts community, not portray annoyance towards potential members who may one day further the growth of our community, and the skills and knowledge that come with our community.
/tg/ thought the same thing.

Look how that turned out.

And no, this isn't about the fucking quest vs no quest can of worms.

/a/ had the right idea.
>>
>>857965
That is right, /asp/ is in dire need of self-moderation and you should start with the WWE fags that make a new thread for each inkling of a thought that falls out of their noggin.
>>
>>856806
i think you mean
>this is classic ASP threads back
>>
>>857984
martial art /asp/ is worse then wrestling /asp/
wrestling /asp/ actually has entertaining post.
martial art /asp/ is boring and same shit
>>
>>854748

>It's not like you'd ever be any good at that point

That's a wierd way to look at it. Is anything worth doing if you are not sacrificeing 90% of your time for it and are the absolute elite?

The race is long and in the end it's only with yourself..

>>855901

This.

When I was 20 I was also worried about "am too late to learn.."

Fuck that shit.

First of all: is it really a good idea to get at "olympic level" at something? People see the glory and that you can kick anyone's ass. They don't see the sacrifices you have to make to get there. The discipline you need. That lack of time for social activities or nice things.
>>
>>857985
you know at least i can get a chuckle out of at least one of the wrestling topics in the front page, most of the IS THIS A MCDOJO threads just did nothing but take up space maybe every now and then there was a legit question behind it.
>>
>>855901
You have the guess right
It's not even that I need to be a world champion, I just want up to the pro level
It'd be validation that the time spent was worth something more than just fun
>>
>>859416

It always worth it, but you have no guarantee.

Just start training and see where it takes you. Maybe you quit after one year, mabe you are the one guy who became pro with a late start.

Also even if you are not a pro athlete you can still become a decent coach later on and earn your money with martial arts (if you have enough experience).
>>
>>859491
>Also even if you are not a pro athlete you can still become a decent coach later on and earn your money with martial arts
>if you're good at marketing
ftfy, pham
>>
>>859491
Don't most people who are serious about learning avoid those without a good pro background
>>
>>856250

TOPKEK
>>
>>860130

No. Being a good pro is no indication that you can teach well. Pros go for people who have taught pros.
>>
>>854748
>>854750
>>854752
>>855857
Nah, I just want to take it easy and go with the flow for cardio/aerobic workout than actual fighting. I could hit someone and get ye/karma.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.