[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 23 years old and have just discovered my passion for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: UP.jpg (41KB, 468x515px) Image search: [Google]
UP.jpg
41KB, 468x515px
I'm 23 years old and have just discovered my passion for martial arts. am I too old to consider a career?
>>
definitely not
the real problem is the sedentarism ageing might bring, but as long as you fight it (and everybody should anyway) you're cool
>>
No way dude. I just turned 24, and took up Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA several months ago.

You start off shitty, but you keep going to training, and you keep practising, and you get good.
>>
>>852686
Have you started sparring yet?
>>
>>852514
Nah but the older you are, the steeper the slope

I just started boxing last year (now 22) currently 1-0 hoping to someday go pro.
>>
>>852514
train UFC as fast you can!
>>
>>852514
Of course not, but you should weigh your options carefully, it will be a ton of hard work especially since you're a late starter

You gotta put in the work
>>
>>852732
Yes. I do Will/Machado style, which is more focused towards competitive stuff than street stuff like Gracie JJ.

They let you spar straight away, and the more experienced guys have taught me things while we're sparring.
>>
>>852896
I meant with MMA. I want to know how hard you spar, because I'm nervous about that.
>>
>>852896
John Will, you from Geelong by any chance anon? great school there, awesome focus and ethic, thinking of going back there in a couple of months
>>
>>853586

You're not going to take brain damage from grappling. Stop being a pussy.
>>
>>853586
Remember that you wrote this because you'll look back and laugh when you're one of the advanced students.

Remembering your first class is an important part of staying humble with beginners.
>>
>>853682
It's not the grappling I'm worried about
>>
>>853599
Nah, not Geelong mate. I'm from New Zealand.

I have met John Will on his last seminar tour of New Zealand. Learned some cool stuff he learned from a Gracie, about keeping a tight bottom game. It's good, because he's roughly my height as well.

>>853586
Our instructors recommend to spar at about 60% effort. It's a lot of fun, and it's all about learning.

All newbies start out going full out in sparring, and they are spastic, but if you do a bit of reading on sparring etiquette, and keep at it, you get better.

Also, I've been tapped countless times, and I've tapped a partner only once or twice, but that doesn't bother me at all. I love it.

My gym kinda blurs the line between BJJ and MMA, too. Not too much, but since BJJ has a huge overlap with MMA, it kinda makes sense.
>>
>>854151
>Nah, not Geelong mate. I'm from New Zealand.

Hey friend. I'm a blue belt under American Top Team at Oliver MMA.
>>
>>852514
Im 34 and starting.
>>
>>854151
Real BJJ is MMA.
>>
>>855459
I went to a free class at the Albany Oliver MMA once.
>>
Start taking judo classes, OP
>>
>>852514
What sort of career? Opening a school/dojo or being a pro athlete?
>>
>>855873
Kek
>>
>>855873
GJJ is the only Jiu Jitsu
>>
>>858403
>GJJ

Fucking nuthugger
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.